(2011/10) Oct 2011

Hi

I was feeling really bad today. Think I catch the stomach viru thing from #1. Have been throwing up and runs today. Just went to see gp and get some anti vomit and charcoal pill. Hopefully, I will be better tomorrow. Instead of exercising today, I am almost on complete rest .....

Creamdonut

Yes my MIL fridge no space too.. now I dun pump as often cos since BB every 1-2 hr feed 5-10min I alt my breast so they dun feel as engorged n I usually pump aft 6-7hrs + I need not wake up to pump jus feed him..

Jojobar

Take gd care of urself! BTW u not on confinement? Still got strength to exercise?

Confinement

Jus to kpo.. who has bath as per norm alr? I bath e 6th day using herbs n sometimes bath secretly at nite when MIL is sleeping.. can't stand e 'stickness' leh..

Hi,

I have a preloved US set medela freestyle pump in good working condition but not for fussy buyers to sell at $250. Used for about one year. Bottles, breastshields and breastshield spare part kit are excluded due to hygiene reasons. Deal good for buyers who are going to replace the parts anyway [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

The set includes:

Pump body with LCD screen and backlight - used

Rechargeable battery - used

Attractive tote bag - used

1 set of tubing - used

Power cord / charger - used

Removable cooler carrier and cooling element - used

Hands-Free Kit - brand new in bag

Replacement bra adapters (Universal) - brand new in bag

Replacement bra adapters (Hook & Eye) - brand new in bag

Please PM me with your email or hp number if you are interested. Meetup at buona vista/cck/jurong east mrt on weekday evenings. Price is fixed as selling at a loss already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Thanks!

Hi bubbly, I bath every day with herbs but every night before I sleep, I would use the shower head to quickly spray my wound and my body to wash away the stale milk on my breasts. Shh... :p

Hi Mummies,

I feel much better today. But this morning wake up, still have run.... and i think my piles are acting up .... Erh .... This is irritating to the max.

How are the rest of the mummies in waiting doing ?

Jojobar, pls take care... wld u be inducing?

went to see the gynae today and he says my bb at 3.4kg is too HUGE... n that my cervix is not opened at all.. if induce birth, chances of giving birth smoothly is slim.. feel depressed after hearing tt...

Hi rejoy,

3.4 kg is okay weight according to my gynae. The piles are really irritating loh, I am not sure if I can push with the piles ! My plan tomorrow is to ask gynae if my cervix have dilate further from Tuesday, if not I opt for elective c section. Cos I don't want to wait till week 4o still no progress and induce fail, end up emergency c section. Waste of time and money.

So let see tomorrow loh.... I have been telling bb is either you come out yourself or mummy take drastic action of c section.... Then I took pic of all my rashes, medi cine and put into my pregnancy journal .... To remind myself why I take such a drastic action. Also next tme, bb can know how much mummy suffer .... Hee heed... I very bad

Leeoh

Haha sometimes i'll feel so warm tat i'll use tap water to wipe some areas Haha! Warm water makes me sweat more wahaha!

Jojobar

Apologies.. TOT u pop alr..

Mummies in confinementb,

You mean shower with the herbal stuff make you sticky ? Yucks ! Than I am sure I will bath second round immediately to wash off the herb loh.

Previously, I never used herb. Just buy some so call ginger shower gel so I did not know.....

Hi jojobar,

Take care and hopefully bb hear u and will come out on it's own.

I bought herbal from "Fu hua" medical hall. It's doesn't leave any sticky feeling.

Jojobar

Not e herbs tat leave u sticky but becos I normally bath it in warm water by e time I clean up I'm feeling so warm agn!

Dear mummies

I feel so stress taking care of e little 1.. I've to admit I noe nthg abt diaper changing, bathing n helping BB to wear clothes n hb has done a.better job m had been pin pointing e way I did.. confinement r full of restrictions feeling v down recently..

Hi geekypig,

Pls who know everything ? You are a first time mummy, just rem ... Practice made prefect !!!!!

Ignore all neg comment, tell all pp including hubby that these comment are not constructive at this point. Aldo tell them you are very sensitive now due to after birth so if they donot want you to slip into post natal depression, ask them to hold their tongues ......

That how I fend off everyone previously including my inlaw who is anti bf. I basically tell pp I don't need your comment or suggestion if I need I will ask. You are in confinement so you are very sensitive now. Make sure your hubby alsp understand that.

Rejoy,

I'm seeing the gynae tml (fri). I hope that my baby will not be too big either, else i will need to c-sec... Last week my bb weigh 3.2kg liao.

tried bottle feed EBM last nite/wee morn today. hubby did it alone n i slept through it, shiok! bt then aftwards breasts super leaky and hard and pain, so i woke up to pump. then like a bit defeat purpose of bottle feed leh. even if bottle feed still have to get up and pump? then still no get to rest rite? :x

Jojobar

Yes I ask hb to stop his comments but he went on nonetheless.. mil made comments ytd thou it seems like scolding my hb but I guess it was for my ears as well.. im notan emotional person but during times of preg n recently super emo.. hb try to hold his tongue aft tat but im alr hurt..

Creamdonut

Yes breast will be engorged so stillneed to pump.. but if bb empty 1 side then e other also engorged so end up still need to pump. V troublesome..

Hi cream donut,

You need to plan out the schedule. You know you need to pump maxi 4 to 5 hours right ? So you can bf at 12 midnite, sleep after that , wake up at 5 to pump one time. So least u have abt 4to 5 hrs of undisrupted sleep.

If are super hardworking, you pump twice in the nite. Buy two set of pump accessories, then no nerd to wash and sterilize. Just pump quickly abt 20 mins, throw into fridge then back to sleep.

Last time, I first to 5th week. Very hardworking in pumping so wake up twice to pump. After my milk establish, I wake up only once to pump.

You and hubby need to work out the schedule. One sleep earlier and one sleep later etc so that can sustain bf in a longer term [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi bubbly

It is my second kid and bathing such a small baby still scares me abit and I hate changing poop diapers - since birth my hubby changes his poop :p So you need not feel bad especially since it is your first baby. Even now, my hubby is better at taking care of baby than me eg feeding but I am better at teaching and disciplining so we each do what we are good at [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Creamdonut, yar lor, can't get a good night sleep no matter what. That is why I rather latch at night, for me it is easier than pumping. Tonight my girl's last feed was 9pm and she only wakes up at 230am! Nearly died of engorgement [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif](

Leeoh

All tat i feel is tat i can only bf, e rest I'm seriously pretty lost

Hmm not sure I'm better in other areas at e moment.. So probably jus like jojobar say practice make perfects

Creamdonut

Now i v lazy dun really pump tat often also.. so i alt my sides every feed so i dun feel too engorged tat i need to pump.. can tahan up to abt 6 hrs

Hi moms, 

I hv a few items for sale. Please sms me at 91558725 if you are interested.

1) medela swing breast pump bought 14/8/2011 (warranty till aug 2012), Used barely a mth as i hv not enough milk supply.Will throw in 1/2 bottle of greenlife fenugreek capsules(increase milk supply) and 14 pieces of medela pump and save breastmilk bags. $260   

2) medela washable breast pads, very new and good condition $12

3) 4 pieces of nursing bras size roughly 36B (hv different hook sizes to adjust) selling at $6 each or $18 for all

4) 2 pieces of cotton nursing pajamas from Spring at NEX, bought at $49.90, worn less than 10 times, very good condition. Selling at $12 each or 2 for 20. Blue in color size: small

5) medela breast shields with carrying case for occassional sore nipples from BF. $12

6) quinny zapp xtra baby stroller (blue), suitable from newborn to 4 yrs old. Used less than 10 times, in brand new condition but decided to sell as hubby bought a jogging stroller from US while on business trip. $420.

Prices are slightly negotiable, but please don't quote ridiculous prices. Will accept vouchers from Fairprice, Giant, Takashimaya instead of cash. For item no.2, 3, 4 and 5, willing to exchange for baby items.

hi all

busy , shagged, stressed... i hope all are ok.

anyone sending ur bb to infant care after ML?

i m deciding on infant care or baby sitter

bubblygeekypig, take care, like wat jojobar says, try to ignore, cause it wld affect ur mood in the end and BB can sense it....

Jojobar, all the best... hope to hear good news from u soon.....

Jojobar,

CAn discuss wif gynae option? My last ck up bb was abt 3.4kg but at birth he came out 3.8! I stil went by nAtural to save money n my gynAe I guess was pro natural co's she didn't suggest csec plus my bb was face up during birth. Altho I hve to say due to his size my cut was huge since it went to near my anal. Painful after tat.

Librabb,

Me! I registered for infant care but was told full hse n on waitlist. Only next year jan then can tell me so no choice I wait.

Bath

I bathe everyday without herbs. I figured the herbs when used to bathe cannot be absorbed lah plus I will rinse off anyway plus I hve no tub at HME so totally did away wif herbs. I bathe twice a day in fact to keep clean but in between I wipe down coa perspire like crazy. Bb dun like me sticky when I breastfeed. He cranky n keep shifting if I m wet n sticky n

Post natal blues,

I cannot agree more that the comments by bystanders are the most distressing n in my personal opinion a more direct cause of post natal depressions. They might mean well but when a whole lot of negative comments or suggestive restrictions come about when we are trying to cope with baby, body changes, pains n aches fr wound, etc etc sure don't help in any way.

So I agree trying to ignore them is the best. Not nice at all to hear n agree totally that it's tough to ignore too ESP if comments comes fr parents or worse inlaws! But it has come to a point that I told them I m jus listening to my gyane. If my doc says it's ok I will do it be it the westernised way or the fact that I will regret it 15 years down the road.

Yes, u can imagine. My mil actually told me off. Said she will wait n see how I suffer 15 years down the road for ignoring all the necessary restrictions. I tot it was quite malicious but decided to ignore her. Perhaps 15 years later I might not be around anymore. At least at this moment, I chose to do wat I feel is right n my son is definitely worth wat I m doing.

So ignore the negative comments as best as we can n keep the post natal blues away!

Jiayou all mummies!

Gilera,

How r u doing? Maid coping well with baby? hope to hear fr u!

Roxanne,

I took up newbaby jus co's they can do no herbs. But jus a meal everyday. Now I m wondering after ml how to settle my meals as I dun intend to bring bb out.

Hi mummies,

I just got back from gynae. Doc say I'm almost 3cm dilated so anytime now.

I'll b checking into hospital tonight. Baby wt now at 3.3kg

Thanx rejoy38

Pofy

Agree both hands n legs up! I also wanna do it e westernizered way. Cos not bathing is makin me feeling uncomfortable n in turn affect my mood further.. hb sometimes will give in cos i nag at him tat I can't tahan n wanna bath so i'll do so late at nite when MIL is asleep Haha! But it's wif herbs. Thou I dun c e diff.. basically I jus used e scoop method n bath..

Bubblygeekypig,

I tried not taking my bath in the day. Big mistake. I was sticky, hot, bad tempered n worst of all I started rashes all over my butt n thighs co's I was sitting down n lying as much as I could when I was home. N with no Aircon n the super hot weather my skin suffered. Till today I still hve heat rash. I simply detest our humid weather.

Pofy

My feet got rashes too but not so serious.. thou it itch a little.. I wipe my body as n when wif tap water Haha! Me too hate e humid weather even thou or rain i'll still sweat during dinner..

Sweetsnow

Jiayou!

Bubblygeekypig,

I tried not taking my bath in the day. Big mistake. I was sticky, hot, bad tempered n worst of all I started rashes all over my butt n thighs co's I was sitting down n lying as much as I could when I was home. N with no Aircon n the super hot weather my skin suffered. Till today I still hve heat rash. I simply detest our humid weather.

Baby poo

Need some advice. My bb finish up the antibiotic n the loose stools stop but he also stop pooing for the past 2 days altho appetite no change. Is it normal for bb not to poo for 2 days? Do I need to bring him to doctor? I was wondering if it's becos he poo so much as a result not much poo now? I tried feeding some water but still no poo. Getting worried.

Sigh. When he had loose stools we worried too much poo n get dehydrated. But now no poo I start to worry too. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank u.

Hi

I lost my mucus plug this morning b4 I see the gynae. Anyway, baby head is still very high up so I decide on c section. Manage to schedule c section at 530 with epi. I had deliver my boy weighing 3.89kg and 55cm today . Now am resting at mt e.

Surprisingly when I check into the ward, the lactation consultant and lead nurse recongnise me !

Hi, it's been a while since I logged in. I actually delivered my baby girl last sat afternoon !! She was 2.96kg and at 49cm. finally broke close to 6am when I stretched my legs in bed!! Now almost close to a week my wound still hurt a little like having microtear n esp after I pooed.

Jojobar!! Congrats!!! Finally !!!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rejoy, you ok ?[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] update us!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi all,

Thanks for the best wishes! Still on pain killer but manage to move my legs after couple of hours. Successful bf -baby latching on 2nd attempt around 2am, he is sucking well on colustrum on 2nd try ith the hekl of nurse to latch on.

Will try again 6amon other side.

Hi all mummies,

need some advices here. I tried to bf my girl when she delivered 3 weeks ago and ended up with bleeding nipples. Now I am pumping out BM every 3 hourly. I would love to carry on supplying BM to her for as long as I can but the supply has been reducing. Any advice how I can increase the supply? Many thanks in advance.

Back