(2011/08) Aug 2011

Thanks ladies. The KK 24hr clinic is useless. I've been there twice and they can't seem to diagnose me or give me the correct medicine. I have given up hope on those 'doctors' on standby.

I think my best bet so far is to tahan till Friday to see Dr Loh then ask if it's serious. But he's very likely to say it's normal. He can sometimes be very 'boh-chup'?

I can only stomach dry crackers. That can't be very healthy right..... I think before I even give birth, I will kena depression liao. =(

hope4bb

Usually MS only strikes around 7-8weeks. Mine is considered very early liao. I started in my 5th week. So don't worry lah, I'm sure it's nothing. Don't think you want to be hugging the toilet so soon like me right.

Just back from gynae! Can see baby's heartbeat but through vaginal scan cuz baby too small still.

BB is 7weeks 4days as per scan. EDD is 01082011 but might be earlier. HB is expecting a birthday present in July thou. Keke :)

Gynae gave me some medication for my trip and my damage is $205 today.

Next appt is 3rd Jan 2011. Hopefully can see bb's hands and feet already =))

soulvacation

oh dear.. hang in there.. I feel terrible too the whole morning.. My tummy felt so empty (despite I took brekkie) & wanna vomit but cannot.. so I went downstairs my offc to buy Ritz crackers & I felt better after eating it.. Just woke up from a short nap & no appetite for lunch at all! Ok, your case is even worse than mine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] hope we'll quickly pass all these..

cljl

glad that baby is okay [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope ur pap smear result is nothing too serious too!

jiajuan

welcum here! A cup of tea/coffee a day shud be still fine unless u have special condition.. I took 2cups of green tea/day & 7-8cups of bubble teas/week before I tested positive! I'm so scared of bubble teas now & dun even have a thought of drinking it at all! Maybe my baby inside said, "mommy, enough mommy!!!" [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Congrats missyfang!

7weeks and thru vagina scan? That means this Friday mine will also be the same. I don't like being probed. But what to do. How big is the baby?

Candy Floss: Thanks! The doc very cute.. he straight away ask me to do a scan first. But Nothing can be seen yet. He started prescribing medication and what to avoid. Then hubby asked him the million dollar question.. Am I pregnant? The dr then stopped and think for a while...he did not give us an answer. Then I did the preggie kit. So I only have my pregnancy kit to confirm with a very very faint line.

I am feeling moody not being able to have my favourite bubble tea already!

hope4baby: How long did your sister take to stop vomitting? Sounds very very scary..

soulvacation: Just to ask.. is MS = vomitting?

missyfang: Congrats!

jiajuan

MS is morning sickness. For some people it can happen thru out the day, not just morning. Mine started with puking at night, now it has become puking thru out the day. =(

soulvacation (soulvacation) : My bb is 1.3mm as per the scan photo. Last week scan bb only 0.51mm.

Grow so fast!

I did vaginal scan for 3times already, quite uncomfy but no choice =(

jiajuan (jiajuan): Faint line means very early stage of pregnancy. When I first tested, the first line was very faint followed by a clearer line behind.. I tested 2 times at home, then went to a home doctor and the result was the same.

Becuz prolly yours is 2-3weeks, thats why faint.

hi Jia Juan, personally to me? Prof John Tee is good. and yes i have no complains for the serivces in ward A... i feel great....

Hihi... just came back from 1st gynae visit.. saw the sac and bb's heartbeat leh.. so cute.. it was blinking slowly, I was expecting it will be like twinkle star blinking very fast... now should be 2.6mm and my hb kept thinking 2.6cm until I show him the ruler. haa.. EDD is national day! I asked if I should start Mum's milk powder soon, he said actually, there's no need for milk supplement throughout pregnancy so long the mum is eating balanced diet... hmm.. but I think play safe just drink? He also asked if me having MS... I said not yet... his reply make me wana faintz:" ok.. should be coming soon around 2 weeks later, that's what you gonna expect for ur X'mas" me flipped...

Soul> oh dear.. ur MS sounds very serious... hmm... can really consider ask doc put u on drip

Cljl> glad to hear bb is fine.

jiajuan> I guess a cup of bubble tea a day should be ok. Or maybe half a cup and share with someone. ;)

babysee: How come your EDD is later than me but bb is bigger than my bb? Is it my bb unhealthy?

I don't eat vege but I do eat apples everyday...

babysee> would recommend drinking milk for the nutrients. ur gyne so funny, he think MS very enjoyable to celebrate X'mas together. Lolz

soul> ur MS sounds serious. Do consider taking small bites in each meal. try to take 6 meals a day in smaller quantity.

missyfang, i wnt for my first appt yesterdae, did a v.scan and baby measure 3.9mm...my EDD is suppose to be on 8Aug...maybe it's a different way of measuring??

babysee, u & hubby must be so excited to see baby! aiyoh, ehy ur Doc must say that...maybe u dun hv MS all the way? hope so for you...so that you can enjoy being preggy..

for me, being preggy is really wonderful cause i am really really one of the lucky few, no MS, no aches & pain, no constipation, etc on my first pregnancy, & no cravings, my lucky hubby....i am onie carrying a balloon in my tummy that grows & grows...hope it would be the same for this pregnancy too!

Cljl, glad that everything is fine!

Soul, u poor thing, try not to think about the MS, take small meals & realli hope that this would go away soon....

on the V. scan, my friend told me its a new technology cause i dun remember being probe too 2-3yrs ago...guess this is a more accurate way...

Halo missyfang,

Not to worry, every baby differs in size and weight individually, as long as we avoid RAW food and take folic acid in the 1st sem, everything will be great!!!!...

missyfang> I think cannot compare this way... eg, Bur's bb one day younger than mine but already 3.9mm wor.. hmm.. then now I wonder how they do the EDD estimation? not by size arh?

Candy Floss> I think so too.. better not play play and skip milk? Gynae says I can compare the nutrients for mum's milk and normal milo, they are all the same actually...

Bur> our EDD is only one day apart.. which gynae have u chosen? Mine TMC Scarli we same hospital... hee.. I noticed my gynae has a sense of humour although he looked very bookworm, but must catch his jokes fast... I always thought MS is good leh... after being nausea ytd and knowing no MS doesn't mean no good, I regretted my earlier wishes... :p

HB only start feeling the reality after seeing the scan... before that he dun seem to understand my uncomfort..

Soul> How about try this... put some crackers at your bedside.. before getting up.. have some crackers 1st? That's what my hb read from somewhere and said he wana get ready if my MS comes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] ...

I complained of super bloatedness to gynae.. he said from now onwards, I should expect to eat much lesser but more meals. As less as 1/4 of normal portion coz our digestive system slows down... so I said no more buffets for me? He replied:"can.. just sit there for 6 hrs..." haaa...

Dear mummies, I am providing Weekend Chauffuer Service in a luxury 8 seaters MPV. Will be driven by myself. I can send your family to a location comfortably. Car seat and booster seat available for kid and baby. Pls sms me @ 90990650 or email me [email protected] to learn more. Limited slots available in Dec 2010 and Jan 2011.

Carole, thanks on the table, so sweet of u!

babysee, my doc is Dr. Ang Huai Yan, most probably will delivery in Gleneagles as she onie do delivery there & Mt.A or E...can't remember..Mt.A & E is so old, thus i won't deliver there..so onie Gleneagle left..

My no.1 was delivered in TMC, i did not want to go back to my first gynae cause he's too hot & he usually do delivery on thur afternn due to his packed schedule , thus my first was induced..hope my 2nd can be as natural as possible...

babysee> do consider taking milo moderately coz it has stabilizer content and it can cause constipation coz heaty.

Carole ng> Thanks for tabulating down. Most probably will keep to the same gyne, Dr Adelina Wong/TMC. Keep you posted when I know my EDD. Have to wait till 5 Jan for the 1st check up. :p

Ladies, no problem. i hv been reading since i got to know.. just that my hands just got into the tables. :p

Candyfloss, your LMP. i can find from there. :p

the updated list will be publish tomorrow :p, if not i will be flooding the whole thread :p

Linsu: Hee.. your experience with bubble tea is so cute! On the contrary, I drank about 7-8 cups of green tea before I know I am preggie too!

soulvacation: I see I see... I thought MS is mood swing! And half the time I am wondering why Mood swing can lead to vomitting. Now I understand. So your condition how? Did you get MC to rest at home?

Candy Floss: Good idea! Maybe I just take 1-2 mouthfuls and leave the rest to my hubby. =P

celia p: Thanks! That sets my heart at ease. =)

missyfang: Actually not yet.. though Mt A is a good choice but Hubby not comfortable. haha.. maybe will choose a gynae first and then followed by the hospital the gyane works in.

babysee: Congrats! You must be excited to see the heartbeat!

Carole Ng: Thanks for collating! Huh... I have told anybody about this except for my hubby and you ladies that I am preggie. Not even my mom and my MIL bcoz I will be going for a trip at the end of this month. I can't imagine all the nags from them if I break the news to them first before I go for my trip. =P

Hi,

will update all after my 1st visit & scan on 20 Dec!! HB will be there with me.. :D

Do hope can see the heartbeat.. (although i noe its abit too soon. hee hee... )

Cheers to all! :D

jiajuan, i m also gng on trip this saturday. no one dare to nag at me.. lol my mum gng on the trip and mil knew it too. I guess they trusted me i will be able to know my own limit.

Carole... not kpo but very sweet of u...

can help me update EDD 9 Aug and gynae = Dr Wong? I haven confirm the hospital..

Bur> i chose this gynae simply becoz it's walking distance from my home. I think it's easier and so far didnt see bad reviews from this forum...

Today the nurse brief me that Dr can deliver at 3 hospitals - TMC, Mt. A and gleneagles. hmm.. my 1st thought for Gleneagles is too exp... should be either TMC or Mt.A for me. Mt A really very old and I'm scared if it's eerie at night? but I heard the nurses there are very caring... May I ask your experience staying with TMC? I heard parking is terrible.

****** Updated till here ******

For mummies who PM me & reflected on thread :p

Glen E is nt as ex as EastShore. I heard tht is the most ex. :p

TMC parking is a headache.. Mt A is quiet :p Ask gynae where he/she prefer. :p

babysee> My experience with TMC was great. Although the carpark is an issue, i think its still bearable. If your gyne clinic is not at TMC, you wont encounter much of an issue.

Thanks Carole and Candy, I think there's this "tour trip" organised by hospitals... so perhaps will decide after site visiting.

Jiajuan> yes.. was very excited and didnt know the little black dot is the heartbeat. Need to figure a bit to see it is blinking... perhaps not used to seeing black and white screen.. haa..

doc gave me a scan for keepsake. I asked if I can have A4 size coz beanie so small and dr laughed... I wanted to laminate asap but lady at photobooth says cannot laminate as it is carbon paper. So I put in mini ziplock bag.

Carole

Thanks for the compilation! You must have read for a long time before coming up with the info. =)

babysee

Ya, I plan to eat crackers JUST before bedtime and IMMEDIATELY after I wake in the morning to avoid gastric pains which will make my gas/tummy problem and vomitting worse.

As for your baby's 1st snapshot, the carbon paper will fade over time, from my friends' experience. So if you want to keep, better scan a copy now or photostat it before it fades.

jiajuan

I got no MC cos I'm on sch holidays. But when term starts in Jan, I will die jialat cos I will have to climb 4 floors up to my room every day. SIGH.......

babysee: congrats!!! so happy for u get to say hi to the minibean already.. can't wait for my turn thou it's only gonna be my 6wks next Tue hopefully can see a lil sac?

carole: so thoughtful of you, tks! I'm with SGH Dr Yu SL - its my 1st BB or BBs (might be twins!) and according to iPhone app my EDD shd be 13 Aug will update again after checkup [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ladies think my MS slowly kickin' in am not sure how exactly as it's my first time but like some of u have mentioned so i compare n suppose it's coming.. I feel nausea (before n after food) I try to hold it or burp it out or sleep it off whenever the feeling's there honestly it doesn't get better, true, i dun throw up but in fact the feeling linger and i felt awful the whole day.. which is why i sort of MIA as am spending half my day time in bed - I've decided if my nausea feeling comes this dinner i will hold it nomore n puke it out hoping to feel better that way? Sigh, quite moodless.

missyfang: I delivered my first one at Mt Alvernia.. loved it! But my gynae now is from TMC.. do you guys know if Dr Adrian Tan from TMC also delivers at Mt A? TMC Ive also got issues about the valet parking.. everytime make us take bus to collect car.. wait quite long sometimes.

Carole: Thanks for compiling! Will update my EDD this Sat when I go for my scan.. my gynae is Dr. Adrian Tan (TMC)

babysee, its always more convenient to pick a gynae frm around ur plc, my first one is oso jus across my plc, but his waiting time is simply too long & we need to pick no.1 frm childcare after work thus i got a gynae near my workplc..initially i wanted to get a gynae frm KKH but its too inconvenient & pte suite in KKH is not cheap too..

Delivering in TMC is suppose to be the cheapest w/o any complication, cause if u chose 4 bedder u be in a 2 bedder.. unless u r in KKH but its a 9 bedder..

My ms seems to be better today, maybe bb see mummy too poor thing, decided to give me a break. Hope it stays this way tmr.

Soul> hang in there, we will get over this phase soon! I've been taking the crackers every morning these days, and I feel it helps. But I only take 2pcs each time, cos I'll get indigestion if I eat the whole packet.

Hi mummies,

Hope to join this thread and learn more along the way.Tested positive on the 10th Dec.Currently in my 6 weeks of pregnancy

Carole,

Very nice of u to update the list.Here's mine,

Nick:Shrrl09

Edd:7th Aug

Baby:#2

Gynae/Hospital:Doc Douglas Ong/Mount Alvernia

Thks yea.

bellering, jes

Let's jia you together! Trying to console myself here.

Now, apart from my puking and gas, I have yet another new problem - my taste buds are gone. My mouth tastes funny after I eat and I want to vomit my food out even more. Apparently this problem comes with the nausea and vomitting. I can;t even eat my Macs in peace now. Sigh.

The woes of motherhood.

bellering> TY... I'm sure u'll see a lil sac and a lil beanie as well next week! From the nausea details u described, it's pretty similar to mine. I used to be milk lover until 3 days ago, I seems losing appetite over many food. Still can eat but feeling sick liao. esp Chinese Food. my menu is getting more and more limited... strangely I dun see myself slim down becoz of that..hmm...

Soul> oh dear... pls hang on yah... tell urself u'll be better next week.

Thanks everyone for sharing on TMC... wow the parking really sound sux... I was thinking if I'm in labour, will I end up walking to labour ward myself while hb waiting to find carpark?.. hee... just some contingency plan... If can, I hope to have one room by myself as I heard hb can stayover for 1 bedder..

Hi mummies,

I tested +ve today for 3 times. 1st with the cheap HPK, then watson's house brand, then clearblue. Can't believe myself. Any chance that this is fake?

I have no gynae yet, can anyone recommend one? I stay in Sengkang (Buangkok MRT). Can PM me pls if you have 1 that is very good to recommend, easy accessible and good to stay with till delivery (if the +ve is correct and pregnancy really go well)? Thanks lots lots.

BabyDream: ard Compass pt i know there are 2 or 3 gynaes.

1) Raffles women clinic is there, or in Changi T3.

2) Dr Adrian woodsworth

Another place is AMK Hub, just beside the food court there is a TMC Women Clinic :p

Thanks Carole. Just wondering coz no experience, and came really unexpected after a longggg wait, if today's blood test report is confirm preggie, what should I do next? See gynae mah? Or wait till week 6.

If my LMP is 13 Nov, tested +ve on OPK on 30 Nov, BD on 30 Nov, how many weeks am I now?

Cham... so blur!! How?

Hi Carole,

Thanks a lot for the table.. This few days have been busy with co's D&D hence no chance to log in.

Seeing more and more MTB here.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

usually 1st time to see gynae is from 5-7weeks. at 7 weeks you will be able to find bb's heartbeat via the vaginal scan.

Choosing of Gynae:-

What is your preference Male/female Gynae.

Older Doctors using sometimes an older scanning machine while the newer ones are with higher scanning power to see little bb right at 5th week.

Hospital will likely follow where your gynae and which one he/she suggest.

Best.. stay out of KKH. lol.. ok thats my opinion only...

If you drive, you can try being at T3, there is a Raffles Women Clinic there. Raffles being a newer hospital has a team of good midwife. They are very supportive and also Breastfeeding pro. Glen E and Mt E and MT A is famous for baby delivery too. KKH no need to say.. most of us born there.

its my pleasure... i hope i can really CFM to join this thread on friday! whahahaa.. dying dying to hear the galloping beats...

Hey Carole

Thanks for the list! Will update after i see Dr tmr..

Baby Dream

3 kits can't wrong... When was your LMS?

Re: TMC Parking...

Hubby & I went 2 weeks ago for the 1st time.. We used the valet parking, which is part of the parking charges. It poured when we were retrieving the car.... but luckily the car was downstairs, so we weren't wet at all... BUT had to wait quite a while to retrieve...

Hope to see HB tmr...... very anxious!

Back