(2011/07) July 2011

wendy- bought the graco one. $199 with bassinet,music box,organizer,changing to.and the size is juz nice for my small room

they hv other playpens too...

tze- yup.quite reasonable.now i can feel relieved a bit now that the bulky items are done!

ohh they hv free delivery too.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi girls, i am thinking should i get the Graco Contour Electra Hedgerow Travel Cot from Mothercare at $199 ( 3 pieces each day) or the Pack 'n Play® Classic Playard from Takashimaya fair also at $199. Any comments?

tze> i hv not read the manual, shld hv the beep alert...the warmer can fit other brand de bottles...y mus Avent leh??? i will be buying other brand bottles too....my col assure me can use other brand bottles, thats y i buy the avent warmer...but other brand bottles mus not be wider as avent bottles lol...those std neck bottles will be fine....

Tse> My colleague told me her Avent sterilizer (bought at $150) leaked during her confinement. She brought it back and was offered an exchange with no questions asked.

Thanks for the Pigeon bundle pack info, think I'm getting that this Sunday, my colleague also said it's a very good deal. Hope it is still available!

Ladies

I see that many of you are getting food warmer. Personally I don't really use it. For those considering getting pigeon sterilizer, why don't you get the 3 in 1 one? It's sterilizer cum milk warmer cum food warmer. Very good. Instead of getting separated sterilizer and warmer.

feimei ~ if i'm not mistaken, avent wide neck is bigger then the rest and generally their std neck bottles are shorter. and the warmer comes with a lid on top right? pigeon / evenflo / nuk bottles are too long to fit in with the lid close. same for Avent steriliser as well. Maybe you can try yours at home and share with me the outcome.

Ladygeorgette ~ thks for sharing.. and i'm sure pigeon bundle will still be available, i saw plenty yesterday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dolphine> thanks thanks, i m gg down to get it later. wondering whether its very heavy...btw how much you hv paid for e sterilizer at motherhood?

clarissagoh> hey gal, thanks for e good advise. its very helpful to me as i m first time mum. i usually bought brands based on e feedback from mums here. hehe..

pinkyrose> sometimes miscellaneous stuff add together will be this much. you must be very happy shopping yesterday..

tze> me is one of them...havent got any feeding essentials yet.

Daph> you mean they have something like this (3-in-1)? do you know e price? i got budget constraint :p

Dear mtbs,

Is it possible to get carseat (0-4yrs) with a good brand like Britax under $300 anywhere?

Appreciate recommendations please [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Daph> Saw this at BHG Bugis last Sunday

Pigeon sterilizer cum food/bottle warmer (3-in-1) with 200ml liquid cleanser @$129. Comparatively, Taka deal seems to pack more stuff inside. But function-wise, is 3-in-1 easier to use?

janice ~ you can consider the bundle pack from either pigeon or avent depending on which brand you prefers.

Ladygeorgette ~ think i saw britax carseat there at the fair (i'm not sure i may have seen wrongly) but there are lotsa carseat below $300, its worth ur trip down. As for the 3-in-1 sterilizer, I've a friend who is using it, she told me its better to get separate ones so that you can sterilized and warm up at the same time. for 3-in-1 you could only do either one at a time.

tze,

For the Avent digital bottle warmer, there is a sun roof which you can open if the bottle is too long. you can google for Avent digital bottle warmer, there is a youtube video demonstrating this.

no prob wendy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

happy browsing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

and i think i saw brittax carseat also at taka.but forgot how much

Hi Janice,

Did a breakdown:

Pigeon Rapid Steam Sterilizer S$87.00 (Toy' R Us) - $125.00 (Baby Kingdom)

Bottle & Baby Food Warmer $75.00 (Baby Kingdom)

3 x BPA FREE wide-neck bottles (240ml) $18.90 each (Baby Kingdom) x 3 = $56.70

2 x BPA FREE wide-neck bottles (160ml) $15.90 each (Baby Kingdom) x 2 = $31.80

Liquid cleanser (200ml) - $5.50 (Baby Kingdom)

Nylon brush - Unknown

Flip Top Moisturizing Wipes 70s - $4.50 (Baby Kingdom)

Cleaning Brush - $3.90 (Baby Kingdom)

Hope this helps!

Hi Janice, the breast pads are to paste on the bra cos there might be leaking after pregnancy. The nipple cream is to apply if nipples are sore and swollen.

tze> understand where u coming fr..is other brand bottles too tall, jus no need to close the cover....let me try n let u know....r u urgent to get the warmer now???

jas> the warmer is $120 (if not wrong)...non-digtial slightly cheaper...less than $100...pigeon one is like $70+ or $80....

wendy> wow gal, this is really awesome!!! thank you thank you so much!! this is really helpful!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] after doing a quick calculation, its sure its worth getting that bundle. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i m so grateful for your help!

wendy> oh ic, so the breast pads and nipple cream are necessarily stuff??

Hi janice, hehe.. The breast pads i heard is essential cos most likely will leak. But i only buy one box for now and see how it goes.. Taka fair selling at $13.90. Usual price is $16.90. For the nipple cream, it is up to you if you wanna buy one now cos you can always get it if it happens. =)

Thanks feimei.

Dolphin

I just went taka, wanting to stock up Huggies diapers.

But they only have huggies ultra.

I read your post again, and realised that the $8+ refers to huggies wipes!! *faints*

I didn't know huggies have wet wipes though.

jas, even mamy poko n pampers came out with wet wipes too! But premium price of course..hehe

so bored! actually more like sooo tired and cannot concentrate at work.. son is sick with high fever, i hv so many back to back meetings, i myself not sleeping well.. now stoopid hb oso having flu again! and yet again he din blame himself for passing the virus to his poor son but he ask me to blame zach's school instead for passing the virus to his son and then to him and he pass it back to his son.. ZZZZZ! win liao lor.. damn pissed off with him. Told him off, when u r well, i never see u kissing zach.. when u r sick, u love to carry him, hug him kiss him.. see him sick n visit pd every other week is like fun for him! $$ is not from his pocket of course he dun care.. zach has been missing school for 2 weeks (accumulative) this feb and then march 1 week school holidays then we are away for holiday.. i still hv to pay fees n school bus and he of course dun feel the pincH!

I kept telling myself so many useless man in Singapore and I have to have one sleeping beside me every night..

Pigeon 3 in 1 sterilizer

Just checked the box I had 2 years ago. I got it at $135 from taka fair. But that was 2 years ago. Yes, it's easy to use..

Hi,

Just to check for those gg to taka fair.Do they sell the stroller pad / head cushion which is something like the attachement?Cos thinking of changing them as I got pass down stroller and carseat from relative.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5201675.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/5201676.jpg]

chill zachmom.. things will get better!

funny thing is, this morning i dreamt u and me were crazily snapping up the goodies n freebies at taka lol...

Experienced mummies, need some advise here.. I am thinking of getting medela pumps but I would like to use pigeon bottles.. so after pumping, i shld buy medela storage bottles so tt i can pump n straight away store the milk in the fridge right? Then when baby wants to drink, i can transfer into pigeon bottle and heat it up? Will that cause any contamination? But transfer into milk bags and store and pour into bottles oso have the same issue right? -_-"

Jas, the huggies diapers I got is for newborn. Green packaging. Ya 6.40 for 24 pcs. Wet wipes the material quite thick so seems good. Seems cheaper than pigeon. I saw a family buying alot of the wet wipes so I just grab too lor.

I wish I can go there again, seems like I missed out so much good deals! But hubby dun wan to go..

Btw anyone knows when the mothercare sale end?? I'm interested in getting the 299 car seat.. But only 3 pcs per day hor??

think for NB diapers i may buy Nepia again.

Cost rather affordable, though can't remember how much.

and they also have the urine indicator like pampers.

They do FOC home delivery with min order of 4 packs.

and you can mix the sizes.

and if your baby outgrown the NB/S size, you can get them to exchange to another size, provided the pack is unopened and you order another 4 packs from them.

so when they deliver the 4 packs to your home, they'll bring along extra pack of the size you requested to change to.

Huggies Wipe:

Not worth the money. They tears easily. Pigeon or even Kodomo is better.

clarissagoh,

Can attach standard neck Pigeon bottles to Medela pump with no issues. No need to use Medela bottles.

jas,

I used Nepia and GooN for my #1 when he's NB too. If you know the price, do update in FB or here. I'm interested! Thanks!

Dolphin ~ MC fair ends on 13Mar and yes that carseat you wanted @ $299 only limits to 3pcs daily. Be there early [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re: diapers

I heard from friends that Goon is good. not sure about Nepia thou.

Re: BB Wipes

Shuckz, I bought the pack too... :S will switch to other brand if it really sucks.. BTW heard that Trollyjoy wipes are not bad too but Taka doesnt carry that brand

Back