(2011/07) July 2011

Feimei,

Oh, forgot to type that I actually use Goon NB Size after I use Nepia S Size as Goon's cutting is bigger. Not sure if it's still the same though. So technically speaking I only used a packet of NB size and proceeded to S size.

I nvr use diaper for my #1 when he was born.. TMC gave 1 pack and I onie use when I bring him out mainly for PD visit. At home he is always using clothes diaper.

Only when i send him to infant care when he was 4mths old, I use size S of diaper.. it is good in a way there is a urine indicator.. so teacher at infant care will know when to change etc (provided they are diligent enuf to check often).

So those who wanna buy NB size, mabbe all share 1 carton..i feel 60pcs is alr a lot for 1 pack - but i remembered some of the girls mentioned CL dun want to let bb wear clothes diaper so 60 pcs could be too little oso

Thanks ivfamily/lady & liz…..

I was call back for monitoring cos my sugar level was high. Gg there for 1day program maybe they wanna teach & advise hw to control. To prevent get worst. Cos it might hurt baby ;(

Feimei… thanks for yr info. So is Nepia brand gd???? Compare to those branded brand like dryer or huggies???

feimei

i only used 2 packs of NB size, cos alot of samples from here and there.

if you ordering one carton, perhaps can mix 1-2 packs NB then balance size S.

Thanks for sharing, elch\daph\zachmommy!!!

looks like NB size need not alot...

ivfamily> if u using napkin, dun tink u need diapers bahhh...as mummies mentioned above, hospital will give some...shld be able to stay till bb need to use S size???

btw, u r the one stay next blk to me, right? i dun mind sharing....

suying

take care..dun worry too much..else not gd for bb..i read tt how a mother's emotions will affect the foetus's dvlpment in the womb

sunshinebb

this is my concern too..cos dunno which pump to get..also whether to get it now or after giving birth then whether bb canlatch on..cos my #1 unable to latch on..so i relied a lot on my manual pump then.

feimei

yup..staying beside u one..heheh..rem suying also..if my memory didn't fail me.

btw..if can mixed, like what jas suggested, then I also prefer getting some S size...shall see how 1st lah..

lady> will let u know if sharing...

jas> can we mixed when ordering from Nepia??? u did before?

suying> experienced mummies here mentioned Nepia n Goon...soo no harm trying since we r 1st timer...can consider these two brands lol...

sunshinebb ~ from what i understand from my friends, for pumps its really trial and error cos not everyone suits a particular brand. It may be useful & unpainful to others but may not be the case for you.

From my observation , Avent pumps can alternate between electric and manual meaning to say you can fix the parts vice versa. For medela, heard that freestyle is good cos its hands free. Not to sure about pigeon thou..

ivfamily> ya...if can mix the sizes, we shld be no prob getting 1 carton ourself...

suying not staying near us...she staying in jurong too...tink near to us r liz1908 and xinyue...

yes ivfamily...cos my cousin said is better to buy 1st and bring to hospital, if not hv to rent from hospital....seem now hv fair cheaper price n hv free stuffs

ivfamily> read back my email post jus now...they got say can mix the size leh...soo shld be ok to get 1carton bahhh...

"All size selling $15/pack for home delivery service.

Minimum order 4 packs (can feel free to mix up the sizes you want), we offer free delivery. "

feimei > thanks.. yeah, me near to u.. so maybe can share when time gets nearer.. I am worried about the diaper not suitable for baby's skin. then end up wasting $$$.. (heard this from one of my relatives.. she tried quite a few brands of diapers before finding the suitable one)

thanks ivfamily.... will note my emo. i woli will affect bb too ;) too emo liao lo.

haha... ya mi near hongkak side ;)

feimei.. my mum using cloth diapers too. plus if hospital giving some. shld i buy???

thanks Tze...yup heard medala freestyle is gd...will go down again to c...hehe

oh Suying...saw fr FB KKH ask u to go down for 1day...think shld be k de...just try to control ur diets..everything will be k...jia you

xinyue> we try those samples fr hospital 1st..if really need to buy more, then we can share lol...anyway they got home delivery mah....

suying> ya...as mummies mentioned, those samples from hospital or hamper shld be enuff to use 1st lol...anyway, wun be bringing bb out often mah...maybe ard 3-4mths then decide if really shld buy anot...n tink maybe by that time, no need NB size...upgraded to S liao leh...soo jus hv to wait n see 1st...

feimei

hee..se lah, my memory indeed failing me..kekek..i mistook xinyue for suying ..i only know there r a few mummies staying in jurong..cant rem the nicks beside u..

suying

Always try to think happy thoughts ^_^..

sunshine

hmm..didn't know hosp can rent leh..though i rem bringing my pump along for my #1 when i delivered..worried tt if i invested in the medela freestyle then not suitable, ended wasting $..

anyone gg to Taka fair on Mon?? Thinking hard...should i go there ..cos nowadays, very tirring to travel too far ..somemore i cant walk long as my old injury will come back..pain in my hip area..:p

yes feimei...crowded...u will see lotss of pregg ladies...so cute with all the tummies walking ard...all like dun need $$$ de...u will see all baskets full full full...hahaha

ivfamily...yup that my worries too...cos medala not cheap lah...then not suitable...will waste $$$...then if buy cheaper 1...not gd..will think ah ya why dun in the 1st place pay more to get other...LOL

iv, hosp have their own hosp grade pump but last time i asked, they dun really encourage u to pump during ur stay..at least at TMC..they always ask me to latch on. The head nurse of lactating even came to my room and asked to see my breast and then commented i hv good size, must persevere to breastfeed..lolz

Hi All Mummies

I've been a silent reader and thought of sharing with you guys:

BREAST PUMP

I do direct latching with #1 and got the pump just in case I need to leave home. I realised that not many people are aware of this brand-Spectra. It's affordable and you can purchase extra parts for double pump. It's quite cheap for a double pump so you can actually put one at home and one if office compared to Medela. I'm not really sure if a good pump can help increase supply since I dun have much experience.

http://moms-rus.com/estore/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=439

Another suggestion is doing it manually, with your hands! There came a few times when I had breast infection and had to drain the pus that the cut by the surgeon was 2cm wide. No way to use breast pump. So I tried to do it manually and realised that it's not that difficult if you get the hang of it. Subsequently, I was too lazy to wash the parts of the pump and just do it manually.

DIRECT LATCHING

I read that a few people were unable to latch with #1. I had the same problem too as I could only try latching him when he came out from the ICU four days later. My lactation consultant at the hospital recommended Medela Nipple Shield Size L. (Only Size S and Size L) My boy was able to latch immediately! Life Saviour! Even my hubby said the invention of the nipple shield is so fantastic! I actually brought the Pigeon latex type to hospital just in case, but the shield was too thick and hard for my few days old boy.

I tried to do direct latching once in a while in his first month but the nipple kept slipping off becos I have short nipple according to the LC. I just kept trying once in a while and by 3rd month, my boy's suction is strong enough and his mouth is big enough to latch directly. I've been doing so till now that he is 17 months and still going strong with another little one inside me due in July.

NEPIA

I'm used to be a strong supporter of Nepia till the price get too expensive for size L. I remember ordering 2 packs of NB and 2 packs of size S for the first time. You can try which size is more suitable and according to them, you can exchange the next time you order if the size is not suitable.

I'm a strong supporter of breastfeeding so if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sunshine> my frenx was there last eve...she said lang-less...even take foto show me...ask mi go down but i already reached hm...soo tire to go town...then she ask me go today...i tell her mus be crazy...today n wkends is a No lol...all ppl will be there...i dun wan to get squeezed...hahahaha...

ivfamily> i oso damn lazy to go unless i really wan to buy...but for now...still flicker-minded, wan to buy or not to buy yet...haiz~~~

woww...thanks for sharing, lucky3!!! u really hv the determination to carry on...

btw, what is the nipple shield for??? with that on, how to latch???

Feimei

Nipple shield is suitable for people with inverted nipple, short nipple, or cracked nipple. It's like a very thin sheet of teat. Just imagine putting a bottle teat on your breast, but the sides are very thin to create a vacuum so that when the baby suckles, he's sucking from your extended nipple. Instead of a bottle, the other end is your own fresh milk in production! Amazing right?!

But of course you should try to do direct latching because it was quite troublesome sterilising the shields, and bringing them out when shopping. Direct latch is still the best.

I'm moving back to my mum's plc next mth (ie in Jurong), hopefully can get a chance to meet up with Jurong mummies..

Ya lucky3, what are nipple shield for??

zach

oh..i also had my #1 at TMC, what we did wrong tt time was to allow him to be bottle fed then & not having him by my side at night, cos I rem trying very hard to latch my #1 ..& it seemed then he managed to do so when in hosp though not sure whether he manage to suckle any out though..kekek..cos 1st few days, its only the colostrum. Back home, rather painful to see him struggling to suck so i decided to pump & feed him w bottle instead. This time round, had to be determined to stay up to bf directly..

Hi Lucky

Thks for your informative post. Can I asked whether the pump which u recommended allows u to go hands free? What does the nipple shield does to facilitate latching?

Feimei

really? I'm surprised that e taka fair ia lang-less on Thurs evening leh...tot it will be crowded..did ur friend commented whether got gd buys there a not?

lucky3> i see...thanks for the info!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tze> lucky3 jus replied to the qns...

tot u staying in tamp??? next door to ur mum, right??? how come jurong???

lucky3> so ur #2, prince or princess???

ivfamily> my frenx not preggy so she did not go to the fair purpusly, she was there for dinner n jus wan to tell me there's a baby fair there lol... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

piyo> oh...hahahaa...i din thot of tat... =P thanks ya~~~ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Feimei ~ i'm staying in changi now, my mum's plc is at jurong cos my dh is working on shift so he wants me to move back to jurong so that there is always someone at home to "take care" of me...

Tze

welcome to Jurong ..in advance..kekek..when will u be moving up?

Feimei

Oic..i rem reading the posts a few days back abt the deals in taka fair..but still thinking whether to travel down..plus I know i'll be soo tired carrying all those stuff..sad, hub cant accompany me to take leave..though its his bd next Mon :p

Jurong Mummies,

I stay in Jurong too, Boon Lay actually [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Tze,

I'm going Taka fair on Sunday, hoping not mad crowded.

ivfamily> I think the nipple shield is an extension to your nipple so that it goes all the way to the back of the mouth the the throat that it's less difficult to slip out.

But as I've said, direct latching is the best! So try your best in direct latching first. I know someone with inverted nipples who direct latch successfully with 4 kids and tandem feed the last 2 who are twins. So nipple shield is not a necessity, only if you had real problem like I did.

I'm not sure if the Spectra pump cna go hands free but I think for hands free you need to purchase those special tops to secure the pumps on your breasts right? Maybe you can call Momrus as they were really helpful. The boss even made house visit when I had problem with the pump and it turned out ok actually.

Feimei> dunno gal or boy yet, but as long as he/she is healthy, we will be the happiest parents. After going through so much (one MC, one stillbirth at 34 weeks) and getting third time lucky finally, hopefully this fourth time will be successful too. I've learned to appreciated all these no matter how difficult things get. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ladygeorgette ~ i'm going Taka (AGAIN) on sunday too but this time with my mum (hoping to make wise purchase with her around)

iv, if ur r a stay home mum, latch is definitely easier.. dun hv to pump.

The nurse at TMC dun allow my boy to sleep with me as well.. I told them my son will be TBF and they carry him to me every 3 hrs (which is good cos can establish routine) for him to latch. But because that time he is quite tiny and I am a first time mom, i never carry him..the nurse juz simply place him on me, push his head to my breast and ask me to hold..haha. then nxt day, the lactating nurse came and told me, i shuld unbutton my blouse to the fullest and then unswaddle the baby and best if to remove his top as well so that our skin can touch each other..tat way baby can feel our warmth. So I did that onie on my last night..but for the 1st mth, i dun really carry my son cos i dun dare :p

ST/Px22/Daph> luckily i didnt get the sterilizer and save up tat S$199. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Px22, yeah maybe i need to get that warmer. so the new born pigeon is slightly cheaper at taka sales?

Px22/wildchillies> sorry what is BPA free or yellowish? i heard from my gf that must buy milk bottle with nipples that wont allow wind to enter. does the new born pigeon starter has such features?

Daph> oohhh..i didnt check on e breast pump fitting to which milk bottles. maybe i can pour the milk from the breast pump bottle into the pigeon milk bottle?

Lucky

now i understand why ur nick is as such. Peifu your determination and positive attitude! Thumbs up ^_^

Not sure whether my nipple is consider short..but dun forsee the need to use the shield after reading your clarifications ^_^

Hmm..dun mind me asking, so how do u use the pump then? one hand support the pump? i tot for the hands free, you just need to attach the pump to your breast & thru suction, thus no need hands to support? just thinking aloud how it should be like...kekek..cos I hv no exp in this.

lucky3> dun worry much, k??? this time round will be good n bb will be healthy, like all of us here!!! will pray the best for U n ur bb!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Zach

hmm..wonder whether they still dun allow e bb to stay w e parents now hor..but like wat u mentioned, gd tt they bring bb in every 3hrs in order to build up a routine.

Hee..b4 having a bb, i tot i wouldn't dare to carry one..but when i had my #1, i wanted to carry him..hee..didn't even realise he is soo small back then

Went to taka bb fair today. Thinking should I buy maclaren xt or maclaren xlr. Anyone got any advice? I'll br heading there again tomorrow with hubby coz he wana see the model. Btw anyone have experience on breast pump? Thinking between medela freestyle and advent Isis dual.

I bought 3 big and 2 small glass bottles and extra teats from taiwan. Is cheaper and the bottles are colourful and cute. The SA say is good coz she is using it for her baby too.

Selling my Medela Pump In Style Advanced Backpack

Bought a few months ago and I've only used for 3 months. It's almost like new in perfect condition. Selling it now as I've just stop breastfeeding. It's a US set and I'll throw in the voltage converter FOC.

Price: $220

It comes in the complete set in the original box which includes:

- Instruction manual

- Pump motor

- Battery Pak

- AC adapter

- Removable cooler bag with cooling element

- 4 BPA free bottles with lids

- Double pumping kits with Personal Fit breast shields

- 1 pair of valves and membranes

- 1 pair of tubings

Self collection at my place (if you wish to try the pump motor) or at Toa Payoh MRT/ Queenstown MRT.

Please PM me if interested. Thanks!

Back