(2011/06) June 2011

Altariel, wow!my gyne also saw something sticking out n told me 70% boy.my gyne was shocked when both me n my hb was abit disappointed,coz we were hoping for a girl.my mil got no reaction when we told her,guess she is sick of boys liao...we still have 30% chance till 2 weeks later for a clear picture.my scan angle is different from yours,the doc scanned from the butt upwards.

Try to positive?got chance..30% is also a high percentage.

Winniepooh,yah!nothing beats healthy!a healthy kid is the most impt.my blood test results came back n it was within the norm range.

just saw a news,it was soo sad.this mummy gave birth to a bb with no eyes n nose n mouth!it is all covered up.she even

went to do amino test!but it's the gyne's fault,coz the mummy kept asking why the face of bb is blur in the scans during preg,the gyne just brush off saying it's normal.it's ok.now the poor kid has to do operation to open up his features..coz cannot even breathe properly.

So ladies,always ask ask ask if u have doubts..

oops that scan was at wk 12, not 13.. typo

winniepooh> eep how come doc draw blood still so ku-ku? i thot only nurses then will have difficulties finding veins.. glad that ur bb is healthy!

clare> the news u saw is so sad and freaky at the same time.. hope the mummy sued the gynae's ass off! so its very impt to do a 3d/4d scan at some point to make sure everything is present and accounted for right!

Hi mummies, lots of updates and new mummies joining in [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Welcome!

I went for CVS yday, before tt they did a scan to take some measurements, saw bb hiccuping and playing with fingers. Very cute! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Rata, she sleep at 9+... I dun really mind about her morning naps since she will still nap in the afternoon too. Just that I miss my dim sum brunch! haha

stretch mark - mummies, dun put your hopes high on the stretch mark creams. It is more on how sudden are you gaining weight and how far your skin can stretch... the creams only helps to keep the area well moisturized.

morning ladies. i super early report to work today as my gal woke up earlier.. wah.. more mummies found out the bb gender le, i wish my NT scan tis fri can tell me too. abit too early hor at 12wk :p

oh clarem the news you shared sound scary. the parents must be really upset, and poor bb got to undergoes the op at such a young age.

hey eleen, how old is yr daug, she still nap quite abit hor. my gal only doze 2 hrs max during nap time @ 2yo. once a day only..

morning mummies

Clare: not so fast to hv good new la

hahahah

hv to fully recover first

old ppl said at least must 2-3 mths like tat

altariel your info was really useful as I was also researching for the past few days about how the doc manage to guess the baby gender from the ultrasound scan. i hope the doc's speculation is right as I do hope to clear the boy quota too so that i can heck care the baby gender in future. but thank goodness my hubby and my mil all tell me girl is better as they are the ones who will take care of the parents. i guess i m very traditional thinking compared the 2 modern duos. then again mabbe they dun wan to stress me either. i also tried the baby prediction calendar and it is also a boy too. is that why i am getting such lousy skin these days according to the housewives folk tales???

pimples are like all popping out and i really feel lost in solving this acne prob. any efficient facial product that fulfils the pregnancy and yet effective in getting rid of pimples??? big sigh!!! i am so shock to know that so many facial products cannot be use after looking through clare's link on the facial products. urgh i have been using them for a week =(

createjoy > i think depends on each individual bah... From what I read in internet, seems like the beginning for 2nd trimester the stretch mark will show, but others only last minute then show. I think depends on your weight gain? Technically I don't really gain any weight yet due to morning sickness. Even this morning still puke. Sigh.

Bleeding wise so far seems okay but seriously I'm not the stay at home type so I feel very, very sian lol Somehow I admire my dog for doing a good job being stay-at-home dog (lol)

qiuen > paiseh, can change my EDD to 12 June? Thanks!~

My gynae got close late twice a week apart from Sat, usually I come for the weekday night slot. Cuz nearer for me to go straight from work vs go from home (if on weekend) Hubby always acc me which I think is important too so they are more involved with the pregnancy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hanis > that's great! My maternity package start at 3 months (so I started already) Actually I want to go Japan too on February but my family very kiasu la so strictly no traveling [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I'm doing my blood test next week. So far gynae never mention about 3D/4D test - i guess that one still too early?

ting > i put full make up but minus lipgloss cuz I think lipgloss kena 'eaten' a lot lol But my auntie who put full make up also gave birth to a healthy baby boy.

BTW I'm thinking of signing for 3 months gym membership (from July 2011 to September 2011) to get back in shape [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Any mum wanna go together?

leenmummy,

i'm praying i won't get. my 1st pregnancy also no stretch marks so could wear bikini during and post pregnancy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Eleen, i wished my gal will nap as much as your gal, she is 11mths plus now, aiyo, getting more and more cheeky as she grows, always don want to nap and want to play. now she only nap once during the day. Best part is her napping time and her kor kor's one different, she will nap from 11am to 1pm and kor kor will nap from 2pm to 5pm.

Hanis and Claire, my maternity package starts from 12wks too.

krex78, don think you will get stretch marks, cos usually when you don get stretch marks in your 1st preg, most prob you wont get in your 2nd preg. I din get any stretch marks for my 2 preg, so this round shld not have. It's genetic, if you have stretch in your 1st preg, you will get in your 2nd preg, but if u don get in your 1st preg, you wont get in your 2nd preg

Chil,yah..so sad..the mummy look so disheartened lor..

As for stretch marks,think it is also inherited one bah,that's what my sin gyne said.if ur mum has stretch marks,most prob will have it.

Eilomummy,yah,my gyne also said wait for at least 3 mths the last time.

Christine,I think it's better to be careful..I also start to look at all the ingredients in whatever I use.

Claire,try to rest more,it is good for ur placenta n for it recovery.

I use Vaseline petroleum for lips if dry coz my gyne said it is ok..wahaa...u think of the gyne already ah..

Krex,I think u wouldn't get it since ur 1 st one dun have bah.

Just got a call from gynae clinic on my OSCAR results. Scan looks fine based on sonographer think after combine with blood test, it's higher than my age group. He didnt give me actual no, but mentioned 1:300+ which is much higher than my age group. Gynae says not confirmed its ds. Have to see him this thurs on further tests.

Anyone knows if it's recommended to do amniocentesis?

Feeling so down now[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

raynsky> how do u see ur baby hiccuping? so small detail.. so cute!

rata> no prob.. cos im always on the lookout for jurong mummies lol

Christine> is there an old wives tale saying that bad skin = boy? cos my skin has been really bad lately too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i look like crap la

claire> if u start ur gym membership in july, that's less than a month after giving birth wor.. are we allowed to start that early? i thot we have to wait like 1.5-2 months before we can start working out..

happy> sorry that ur oscar results isnt that positive.. i think one advantage of doing amniocentesis is that u can not only test for DS, but a whole variety of other chromosomal disorders that OSCAR alone cannot test.. so at least after doing that test, u'll know for sure that ur bb is alright.. however, if u plan to keep the bb no matter the results, then actually can dun do the test right? i read that the risk of miscarriage from doing amniocentesis is abt 1 in 300-500..

dun be too down since u dunno anything for sure yet.. stay positive for ur bb~

JJ/ clare,

i'm keeping my fingers crossed. been using clarins stretch mark cream from last preg since last 2 wks of 1st trimester. looking out for other gd brands that i can switch to once this tube depletes.

clare: hahaha yeap

as for stretchmark is individual one bah

my first preg..today no stretchmark

but i didnt know how come i still hv those rashes after i M/c liao

JJ,yah lor..I don't dare to see the pics of the bb in the news at all...haiz...and the bb is now taken away from the mummy,coz need to do a lot of op..sad..

Happy,stay positive ok?see what ur doc says during the next visit.

yay my hubby is back from overseas biz trip and he got these for bb haha

i think they are super cute la! esp love the purple ones <3

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/3877999/4843344.jpg]

altariel, Wow! ur toe nail nicely done up wif french. keekee juz pulling ur leg. dats alot of socks & booties.

pengz.. lol my fat toe is so not the focus here haha

where got a lot? one day wear one pair then sunday air the foot a bit juz nice haha!

altariel, wow.. those socks are super cute! u noe yrs in bb gender already?

clare, i agreed w alteriel. not i lazy lar.. but they say no start exercise so early as our womb still recovering back to the old size. should wait like > 3 mths bah.. plus if u c-sec later the wound might open yo. :p

oh.. eileen, 7 mths ya. hahaha no wonder. cheirsh it while u can k.. later when they nap 1 hrs then u will noe how gd the life was [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

happy cheers up, is only an estimated reading lar. doesnt mean confirm k. even yr gynae say no confirmed right. amnio so far the most accurate, but also very dangerous. i failed my triple test last time for #1 but end up amnio say OK [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Eilomummy,rash?heat rash?

Altariel,they are soo cute!!love the hello kitty ones!

Really keeping my 30% faith,coz my hub did mention to me before preg.if I have a son,he will follow my surname,if bb is girl,will follow his surname.my hub prefers girl if there is a choice coz he doesn't want his kid to NS.

Oh yes..mummies with daughters.not sure this is true leh,but it happen to me.try to give too much chicken to your daughter.coz when I was young,I only eat chicken,n heard that they are injected with tons of hormones to make them grow faster.My puberty came really really.my 1 st period came when I was 8yrs old.I still rem 1 st Jan!my mum was also shocked.I think it's too much chicken,I guess..

chil> when scan gynae said its 70% confirm girl.. so might as well juz buy first lor haha.. 70% quite high liao leh! nvm if in the end its a boy i'll be very happy then all these girlie booties can sell to the mummies here :p

clare> i love to eat chicken too! but my period only came when i was 14 haha.. i rem sec 2, 2nd feb! lots of 2s lol

Altariel, This buy is onli the beginning i m sure u will not stop here. so is alot hahahaha

omg Alteriel you make me have the urge to buy bb stuff for my bb too. i m now looking through all the second hand stuff the other mummies are selling but wasnt decisive to buy according to which gender. 70% baby boy? the question now is to buy or not to buy? lol

clare. i also have a rash which started about 2 weeks ago. doesnt go away. started from tummy and then it spreads to butt and neck area. but when i see both my gynae and doc at polyclinic, they say nothing to do with pregnancy. but somehow i felt that it is similar to the symptoms of the PUPP rash. i tried applying baby rash cream on the skin when it itches and it works pretty well. now no longer itching badly but the red little rash marks still remains somehow .. sian=(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pruritic_urticarial_papules_and_plaques_of_pregnancy

quien> my hairstylist refuse to dye or rebond my hair after he found out i was pregnant.. he said western countries said its ok to do it in a ventilated area in ur 2nd tri onwards, but i think he kiasi so advised me better dun do.. so sad.. no nice hair for CNY this yr liao..

i feel bleh after shopping for 45mins too.. dizzy and juz feel sick.. have to find somewhere to sit down and rest a bit.. super ma fan..

christine> haha if got urge and its not too expensive then buy lor.. if end up wrong gender then sell to other mummies lor.. at least, thats my philosophy la lol.. dun like to wait ^^

happy, dun too worry. maybe go for further test later. my niece that time no nasal bone i cried leh but in the end itz a normal 5 yr old girl & so clever! beside it's 1:300+ just higher risk no as if found any concrete evidence.

i'm craving for samurai burger but nobody wanna go eat lunch w me at mac.. enduring till thur mil no cook i goona have it for dinner! i really cant eat too full or oily food i will have alot wind n vomit no stop.. sigh.. i miss curry chk, laska... i used to eat them 1st preg, this one everything dont feel like able to stomach it.. hope it's bcos it's a girl...

altariel & chill > cuz my baby looks big so if my hunch is not wrong my EDD should be brought forward. I think 1 month rest is enough but I think individual bah. Like if kena c-sect den got to wait longer [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] So if you guys wanna join later/earlier one also okay. The point is the more the merrier (cuz i confirm lazy if go alone lol)

alatariel > Wah u so fast shop already. I already made a bookmark on things i wanna buy but waiting for doc to gimme 100% confirmation is a boy la. Scully buy wrong [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

happy > dun worry so much cuz this OSCAR test only 90% accurate. THat means 1 out of 10 is wrong - that's quite a huge number! Actually my gynae told me based on his experience all that get not so good diagnosis actually is normal case, so don't worry too much esp if both ur fam & hubby fam no history of DS. Amnio test has its own risk. Discuss wif your hubby what's the best option?

clare > i did worry about NS part also cuz if honestly speaking la, i think is waste of 2 years. If 1 year I still okay take it as boot camp. But 2 years (esp if kena things like security guard or clerk when u learn nothing much) is a bit too long la. But then I think it's part n parcel of being Singaporean.

The funny thing is... i prefer to shop baby guy clothes than baby girl clothes LOL cuz baby girl like shop for myself lei. lol

Altariel, the bumble bees cute cute!!

For my 2 preg, my skin is ok wor, no major breakouts, maybe i just lucky?

clare, really har? i din give a lot of chix to my gal cos she basically eat anything, :p

Ratatouille, ^5!! for boy, u will have the tendency to buy a lot of toys and for gal, clothings, clips, clothings, clips!! that happen to me ahahha, bgt too much toys for my boy and too many clothings for my gal! hahaha!

qiuen, i also cant wait to trim my hair! my hair like siao char bo now, very messy!! cant wait to rebond and colour my hair in 2-3 weeks time! my hairstylist say he will not touch the hair root since i'm preg, so i think tat's quite assuring at least for me lah.

Christine, the safest buy for bb if you dono the gender yet is netual colours like white, black, yellow, green, red, etc.

createjoy, samurai burger is back again at mac??

Friend had 3 children, and her husband commented that while she was carrying the son. The wife becomes really lazy, cant even be bothered if she is wearing her pajamas out. But when she was carrying the girl, she was more particular about grooming.

Any1 had the same experience?

altariel: oh. err but how well ventilated can a salon be? Just like toilet cleaning solutions (use in a well ventilatd place, but toilet only has a small window lor. how?"?? haha).

Lucky my last hair colour i told colourist to be simple and just do a dark shade of brown for me. Guess we gota REN...

Oh...so its normal that i feel sick after walking too much.So sian when going for shopping.

altariel: hmmm cos sonographer was taking some measurements, but my bb is not in a favourable position to take, so she keep zooming in and out, so I can take a longer look at my bb. So while she is doing tt, saw bb hiccupping. Moreover, tink cos they are still small, so when they hiccup, their whole body is moving. My #1 hiccup almost everyday last time when he was in the womb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

happy: be positive ya? amnio is realli quite safe, risk of miscarriage is greatly reduced by how experienced the doc is. like wat altariel said, it can also detect other chromosomal disorders, which can also put u at ease about how bb is.

qiuen, I colour (not dye) my hair last mth. I juz tell my hairstyle to be extra careful not to touch my scalp.

Altariel,I did colour my hair for my 1st preg too. so is proven ok.

ratatouille: oh okie thanks. will discuss with my colourist when i find the mood to stay in a salon. heee

Gosh. last week hub was on course last week till yesterday so he managed to pick me up from work. Today i have to take the train back. Keep fingers crossed that i wont feel too sick

Altariel JJ Rata,yah.. I remember very clearly my mummy was giving me n my sis a bath,she was so dumbfound when she saw my underwear.I have a gf also came ard 9yrs old.both of us only ate mostly chicken.i m not tall coz I stop growing when I reach 12,my gf worse!shorter than me.I was discussing with my colleagues,n they try to choose better chicken for their kids,n just let them eat a variety of meats.

Eilomummy n Christine,do u have eczema?or heat rash?I have eczema which is dry dry red red kind.

Qiuen,my hair was in a mess,like siao char Bo like that.my mil can't take it anymore so bring me to cut hair..now I have a thick short fringe..looks neater.. Lol

Claire,my husband is a worrier..haha...he thinks ahead.coz in Taiwan,they have scrap off NS.my husband wants our kid to take Singapore passport of course instead of taiwan passport.so he hopes for a girl so don't have to waste time in NS.

krex, i got horrible stretch marks from 1st preg, marks not fade off completely & I'm preg again... You're blessed with good skin. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

JJ, how do you manage to bring them out with the different nap times?

happy, stay positive! a friend's bb was diagnosed with 95% DS but FIL insisted they keep the baby & the baby turned out to be 100% normal!

altariel, lovely socks, makes me wanna go online shopping again...

qiuen, my hairdresser dun even allow me to colour my hair when i was breast-feeding...

Qiuen,now I avoid sourish stuff..hehe.. I just throw up all my juice in the car..luckily I always plastic bag with me..whew..

clare > Its very tricky cuz if it's a boy and you want the boy to be Taiwanese, your boy can't benefit at all from Singapore (e.g no Singapore child care leave, no baby bonus, no priority for primary school, no sch subsidy - basically being a "foreigner" loh.... ) Actually I'm not Singaporean too and by right my baby eligible to apply for dual citizenship until the baby reach certain age. However, renouncing the citizenship is very tricky if it's a boy because if the boy has been taking advantage of being a Singaporean - he need to complete the NS before he can renounch the SG citizenship. Then the after effects also (die die won't be able to get PR or working pass, etc cuz kena blacklisted)

Saying that, I still prefer a boy lol

BTW, any mummy here having their MS getting worst? I normally puke once a day, but today already puke twice and look like whatever I eat sooner or later will go out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] what to do...

Back