(2011/06) June 2011

@ Qiuen Thanks for the updates.I'm sure ur visit to gyne will be smooth yah?

@raynsky oh no..take care..drink plenty of water.

@Ashley erhmm..the gyne check,it is not from the rectum leh...from my v leh n its fresh blood..anyway this time round,he didn't give me anymore hormone pills to an tai liao..he just say ok.coz' he check bb is fine n hb stable.I think as long as not large amt..I will leave it as it is lor..

I have to tell my bb whenever I go toilet:mummy going to poo ok..dun bleed ok?hehe..

Hey, please help to update, mine confirm Mount Alvernia [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@eliomummy > hope you and your husband can be strong in this difficult time

@clare > wah... your baby so big already! My baby only 2.99 cm when i went to gynea last week [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] maybe that's why you gained more weight?

I gained 0.20kg from last month (but first month gained 1kg already) despite eating more, kinda worried [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] My mum jokingly said maybe I will never get to sit on the priority seats lol

Actually I'm very excited going to gynae, the development is really fascinating. Last month baby look like a dot only (machiam scanning for bacteria lol) but this month can see the head, body, arms, legs... Very rapid development!

But I'm also worried about next year plan. My mum is overseas and MIL passed away already. I don't want to leave my baby with maid [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] We have not hired any cuz i'm still undecided. Contemplating to leave my job at times, but I love working and I'm not sure if we can survive with single income family, especially as my husband is running his own business so income level kinda "seasonist". Anyone with the same dilemma?

Hi all,

Went for my OSCAR screening today. Was fretting that the screening would take up my entire day. Turned out I was done within an hour! I was ushered into my gynae's room right after my mass was taken. The ultrasound scan took abt 5-10 mins. Bb was lying in the right position but its hands were covering its face (shy?? hehe), so I had to "cough" a bit to try get the baby to move its hands away hehe.

The imaging centre to take my blood test was just next door. Within 5min, was in the room to draw my blood. THREE tubes. Gosh, once out of the room & saw my hb, my tears just rolled. Have always been afraid of needles. Hb sayang me (I'm a big baby haa~), then we went down to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription. Had asked my gynae for something to ease my terrible constipation.

The initial results from the scan aren't very promising I thought, though gynae said i'm in the low risk group. Will wait for the blood test results before deciding if further tests are needed. Very very fearful of baby having brith defects or any handicaps. Wonder of I'm worrying too much...

Honestly im unsure if i should take the OSCAR test [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] scared if test result is not good, will end up worrying too much and bad for the baby

Hi ladies, uurrggh..this metallic taste in my mouth is really disgusting!!! It's causing me to gag and stuff...urrgghh...anyone knows how to like 'control' it?

I tried sour candy, sweets and juices but i know it will keep coming back...just want to 'control' it..

I call my tongue the taste buster now...=(

qiuen - my CL told me she got another lady book her for next july liao, that send me into panic mode & quickly give her deposit hahaha

qiuen: oh no, 1 mth??? haiz me nursing a bad headache and blocked nose now. din wan to take the running nose medication, but realli buay tahan [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] hope the flu go away fast fast.

Hi mummies

Sorry to interrupt. I have a BN Clarins Body treatment oil to let go (Hulie Tonic). It improves skin's elasticity and firmness helps to pevent stretch marks bought it at Tangs for $80 with price tag on it now letting go at $50. Please pm me if interested. Self collect at my place.

Hanis,

you can try chewing gum.

it helps me tis round & i have gotten frens to "smuggle" them in for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i am with Dr. Watt in RH.

Claire,bb grow v fast.I believe urs will almost as big as mine if u scan this week.

Moon,have faith n try to be positive.

Hanis,the metallic taste is getting bad right?mine too!I tried juice n toffee sweets etc etc..don't work at all.it works for 5mins then it comes back..

Hey mummies

I m ok n doing fine

Morning admitted to tmc abt 7am plus

Then about 8.05am push to OT waitin for my turn

Hmmmm overall ok la very fast

Becoz I straightaway KO after dr ang gave mi an injection

After tat I woke up abt 12plus didn't know tat been transfer back to day care ward

Overall I m doing fine

Juz tat no cold food ,drink for mi

Eilomummy,try not to squat or carry heavy stuff.try to sleep face up for at least one month,to keep ur womb in place.

If u exercise regularly,don't exercise till fully recover.The last time I smart aleck tried to go back jogging..bleeding came back.(learnt my lesson)

Remember to go back for check up after one month.

Finally,take care ah!stay positive always!haha..I m so long winded...

Clare :hahaha yup yup this one I know

My mum already informed mi and my Hubby also ask mi sun carry my son

I told my son tat mummy's Tummy pain pain cannot carry u

And my Hubby asked him to sayang me

Hahaha he kiss my tummy hahahaha

Why must sleep face up ah ???

Morning ladies, am slightly better today. Getting ready to go to work now...Will try the chewing gums...i think we can buy those from guardian pharmacy right?

Clare, my mum says we just have to tahan the metallic taste cos its due to the high hormones in body...

Mbb2, RH is ex right, but I like my gynae there and hoping for normal delivery so won't be too ex for hubby...hehe...

Eliomummy, glad to know that you are doing ok...You are soo lucky to have such a caring son! So sweet of him to kiss your tummy!

morning ladies, TGIT (thanks god it's tuesday and tomorrow is PH!!), din log in for some days and so many to catch up!!

Eliomummy, you're a strong mummy! glad that you are doing fine, :D

syrah, pls send my regards to leikela, hope she is doing fine now.

My ms is not doing bttr, just when i tot it almost gone, who knows, it came back to haunt me over the weekend, to the extent that i'm throw out stomach juices as well. i just weigh myself, i lost another 1kg plus, in total i lost 5kg! haizzzz!

HB and I still prefer TMC cos firstly my gynae's clinic is there and also my last 2 stays with TMC were good, nice, helpful nurses and their confinement food esp the soup is sedap!

Hi ladies,

Thanks for all the well-wishes..and glad that everyone is doing well.

Just to update everyone..my doc had diagnosed me with blighted ovum (cldnt find baby, only could see the sac). He recommended that I get the vacumm D&C done..I will be getting a 2nd opinion this coming Fri, just becoz I want to be absolutely sure before I do the procedute (don't want to have that doubt for the rest of my life)

But I have also scheduled the procedure at the end of this mth due to work commitments. (hopefully no bleeding before that).

Eliomummy,

I wanted to pm you, to find out more about the procedure but realsied u don't accept PMs. If you are ok with sharing some info, do you mind PM-ing me? Thanks so much!

Hi leikela,

I had blighted ovum before preg with my 2nd kid. The gynae give me the option of D&C or let it come out naturally, because D&C will thin the uterus lining so i choose to let it come out naturally and after 1 wk, i went to see the gynae again to make sure everything is clear up. I totally understand how you feel. I was upset when gynae told me i had blighted ovum but she assured me that this is nothing to do with mi, it's just that the sac is not healthy. Yes was sad for sometime but eventually when i preg again, i was happy but at the same time I have phobia, always worried bb not fated to be with us. Even now i preg for the 3rd time, i still have my fears too, but i have come to terms that i must be positive.

Leikela, don't worry, ur next preg will be a healthy one.

Hi JJ,

Thanks for the advice! Ya we are also hoping that it will happy naturally. I've stopped taking the Duphaston, doc was sure that it wld have happened earlier if I wasn't on Duphaston. I've waited about 5 days but so far nothing. I've also read that to wait for it to happen naturally it could take very long. I'm already into my 9 wk and if it doesn't happen soon. D&C wld be my only choice?

Was there alot of bleeding when it happened naturally for u? So you basically just let the bleeding sort itself out and then saw the gynae a week after?

Yes leikela, i just let the bleeding out naturally and saw the gynae a week after cos she need to make sure my womb is clear of the blood clots. i was 7wks when the thing happen, saw the spotting turning red and i quickly called the gynae who asked me to go hosp for her to check. After she checked, was told the sac is shrunking and in fact i had already start bleeding. Ur gynae could be right abt taking duphaston. Intially the flow was heavy for 2-3 days and subsequently it's got lighter. for a start, i have severe menses cramp and need painkillers to reduce the cramp. I did a mini confinement during that time.

hi all mummies to be...

first of all, congratulations to you!

i am new in this forum. may i know if you all have gotten ur own gynae? i am still looking for one as i will like tat doctor to do the scan for me personally. do you all have any recommendation?

Thanks jj...will wait n see if it happens naturally in the next wk or so..prefer it to happen naturally too..but jus don't know how long it might drag coz my hcg was quite high

no problem, leikela. it will be bttr to let it happen naturally so ur womb can heal faster, if not, d&c will be the last option. Think since you have stopped taking duphaston, ur hcg shld be going down any moment soon. Right now, ur body is still in "pregancy" state.

Meanwhile, do take mini confinement to bu yourself, ya?

excited mummy to be, congrats! most of us here have own gynae, it really depend which hosp u want to deliver and if you prefer gynae's clinic to be near to your place or working area and u want a male or female gynae. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Eilomummy,my mummy says coz of the d&c,womb will be abit weaker so sleeping face up so the womb stay in the correct position.

Your son is sooo sweet..u are lucky to have a caring son.

Leikela,I was in the same situation as u earlier this yr.the thing I regret was not going for a 2nd opinion.I went for d&c immediately.I was also on duphaston and that was why I also waited till 8-9 th week n still no sign of bleeding.

There is complication if d&c not done properly or not properly taken care of after op.the walls of the womb might stick together.so a follow up check up is imp.

Leikela,take care good care of ur self n try to stay positive.

JJ,same here.as u think ms is over...it is back again suddenly.

Hanis,ohh...no wonder the taste is so strong!I even tried to brush my tongue..yucks...

Welcome excited mummy to be

JJ,

What extent is the mini confinement? Chicken essence to bu enough? Frm where I know, mc also not very long? So don't tink got alot of time or chance for rest...

Clare,

Did u do mini confinement or go for massage after tt? While I know not much chance coz I feel most symptoms started to subside apart frm occasional bad nausea...jus want to give mr and hubby peace of mind..not jus scared if the d&c...after the op u will be placed in day care rm to recover right? How long was that?

leikela,

mini confinement like no cold drink/stuffs, take chicken essence, tonic, just avoid all the liang stuffs. I do take red dates water as well. ya mc not very long but for me, i restrict myself from all the cold and liang food for a week or 2 plus.

JJ,

Thanks...ok shldnt be too hard..given tt we also cant really take liang food during pregnancy..i will just bundle myself in the night when i sleep n eat more heaty stuff i suppose..

thanks JJ & clare.

JJ, i am looking for a doctor that deliver in either TMC or KKH. I have yet to go for my first appt which is schedule on next Monday @ KKH. I prefer that I will be able to visit the gynae on the weekend for the scans cos taking leave on a working days is a headache. I also do prefer the doctor to do the scan for your personally. but at KKH, the scan will be done by the radiologist. i am kind of lost.

Should i wait till after my scan on monday then decide?

btw, do you all have MS? i so far dun have any vomiting at all. sometime i really puzzled if i m pregnant.

Hi,

Sorry to disturb, I have already delivered and looking to clear some brand-new and preloved baby and maternity items. Items include:

BN Avent Light Moisturizing oil @ $15, RP:$29.90

BN mothercare nursing gowns x 2 @ 35, RP: $75

Preloved mothercare swaddling blanket in pink@ $15 RP: $39 (used less than 5x-bb dun like)

Preloved Dale abdominal binder. @ $25 RP:$65 - $80 (used once)

Preloved EGG maternity black shorts @ $20, RP: $159 (worn less than 5x)

And many more..for more pics and descriptions,

please see here http://picasaweb.google.com/116194716505027587843/ItemsForSale?authkey=Gv1sRgCOf1kYbm-8Ta1gE#

If keen, please PM. Thanks!

SOLD items will be deleted in the album, so it won’t be confusing.

ya leikela, u must take care, ya?

excited mummy to be, i think not all gynaes able to deliver in KKH as compared to others, for examples most gynaes in pte hospitals. Like my gynae, she only deliver in MT A or TMC.

Most gynaes (Not from KK) usually are the ones who do the scanning for the patients and not by the radiologist, guess this is the difference between govt and pte hospitals bah, so sorry as I'm not familiar with KK practices. Are you going to kk on referrel by polyclinics or going to their THE PRIVATE SUITE?

RE: MS

not all mtbs have the same symptoms. Some have ms, some don't have. Doesnt mean no ms means something wrong with the bb or have ms means another, ya? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Was not feeling so well after a late meal of Long John Silver at 4pm yesterday. Didnt eat my dinner except for a few pieces of bread.

End up feeling terrible this morning and vomitted twice. First MS experience i have so far...feeling terrible.

aiyo, qiuen, *pat pat* i just merlion this morning, sometime the ms feeling was terrible that i keep thinking, y am i preg for the 3rd time? if no preg, i wont feel so horrible like now.. but just thinking only la, going to officially close fty after this.

JJ, i m going to KKH by referral from Polyclinic. i used to followed at KKH for my fiboral (pardon me on the spelling). i will like to check with them abt my condition before making the decision on going to personal doctors.

ya, i went for A&E last tue as i m having stomachache, menses cramp like & diarrhoea. i m so worry for my baby as i have not done any scan at all to check on it cos i m still waiting for my appt with KKH (which is originally on 30 Nov). the nurse serving me told me tat not all will have MS. she herself dun have MS for her 2 kids. after checking by the doctor then i rest my mind. i also heard my baby heart beat for the very first time, i feel very very touched. too bad my hubby is not with me as he is need to work late. the A&E doctor ask me to come back for a scan earlier rather than waiting till 30 nov.

qiuen, i also feel very unwell after eating oily food. try drinking ginger tea. it works for me to ease the discomfort. i now try to avoid too oily food. i tried to eat food with soup base. also try to avoid eating too full. do take care...

excited mummy to be, ic ic, ya, ita nice feeling when u hear ur bb hb for the first time, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif], I was told KK's TPS have bttr service, you may want to consider.

Just now was looking at the various hospitals' website and also writing the list which pd for my bb, etc, plain bo liao, haha! ok my holiday mood is switched on and been surfing in the office whole morning, :p

oh ya, ladies, u think i can request the previous midwife (nurse) to my gynae cos i really like her and the delivery method she taught is bttr than the one when i delivered my #1 last time.

hi excited mummy to be, congrats! yup like wat JJ said, The Private Suite (TPS) @ KKH would be where ur gynae will do the scanning personally, which is why I opt to see my gynae there too. They also have night clinic, u can check tt out, but not all gynae offer night clinic.

Hi leikela

Last fri I found out got spot with blood too

So I scare n called my gynae

He asked mi to go down TMC 24hrs clinic wait for him

So waited n scanned that my bb no heartbeat

He asked mi next day go back to his clinic n do a scanning again

So tat was cfm my bb totally no heartbeat

He did give mi two option

One is let is natural (mean like bleeding n hv contraction pain ) another one is D&C lor

So we decide D&C n he arrange it for me on Monday

Juz 7wks plus so the shape like a blood clot like tat

Monday I admitted in abt 7 am plus

8am plus been push to the OT then my gyane gave me an injection then I'm KO zzzzzzzzz for few hrs n didn't know wat has happen n not pain

Hi All, I will like to join in too.

Nick: Rata

EDD: 25 Jun

Gynae: Dr Clifton Chan

Hospital: Mt A

bb: #2

Wish: hope for a boy

For my mini confinement is

One week cannot bath n wash hair

Only wipe my body with the herbal water

As usual food is old Ginger ,liver ,kidney meat n chicken n red date with longan

Hv to avoid cold food n drink for a mth

ESP no cucumber n those Liang food

Cannot Carry heavy stuff n kids too

Rest well .... Dun squat

thanks raynsky...

so i guess the cost at TPS will be higher right? but will there be any much different from TMC? i better find out more when i go for my scan on Monday. thanks babes...

seem like being pregnant, there is alot of things cannot do. but i still got to do housework like sweeping & moppping floor(well once in a week), squatting at work. i also like to walk very fast. will it affect? i m trying to slow down on my paces but sometime really need to walk fast like chasing the mrt / bus.

thanks qiuen for updating [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

excited mummy to be, if compare TPS with pte hospital like TMC or MT A, not much of difference, nowadays KK is nt considered the cheapest hosp anymore, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. You may want to consider pte hospitals. u can refer to respective hospitals delivery charges online and make the comparsion.

thanks JJ. i actually had looked in to KKH & TMC. not much different, well just slight of few hundreds different. i wan something that need not have to pay too much out of the pocket. I m comfortable with TMC & KKH. but will prefer a doctor that can do the scan personally. my colleague also recommend me MT A as i m a catholic. but i m thinking that the cost might be ex.

Back