(2011/04) Apr 2011

elmo

I also dun like to use yaolan ESP my Bb ll go IFC. but K is just born to slp yaolan bah I hard to make her slp during the day. she always startled when put her on cot. I try not to swing her when cry I ll pat her only. hope he won't get hard time when go to IFC w/o yaolan and I also hope she won't addicted to it.

she also drinking 2hrly, and sometime take 2x to finish it. hard to drag time and give more huh.. but luckily only daytime, night time she can drag till 3-4hrs nw

elmo,

I think my boy outgrowing huggies S le.. =X hehe.. Your boy sounds big wor~ xD Let u know how much Kae weighs later after polyclinic visit! hehe.. Excited sia..

Other mummies leh?

totoro,

i think is normal if bf without burp.. and if your boy doesn't have colic, then should be no problem.. the reason why some of us burp our bb after feed is coz our bb got colic so if didn't burp, he will vomit milk out after feed or immediately put him down on the bed.

mummies, need some advise here

does anyone know what method can prevent ants from coming near to bb stuff? one of my HB's relative taught me use vinegar and mix with water to clean the area, then ants will not come.. any other methods? no harm trying

FungFung

thanks for the info, so far he didn't vomit milk out so guess should be ok!!

My little boy still have 2 big pack of Huggies S and 1 and 3/4 pack of Drypers s!! Seriously hope that he can utilize all of them before I need to upgrade to another size.

By the way, does everyone went to the PD at 1mth? Think I need to call them as was told to come back in 6 weeks time when we went to the PD when he was about 1.5 weeks old!! I'm concerned if he is gaining weight and that his jaundice has cleared already or not!! He still looks very "tanned" to me and his eyes still yellow!!

Bbgoh, when you putting k in ifc? I think i will be so heartpain to put him in now. Esp if i gotta lugi my ml and start work early. :-(

Pearly, ok let us know! You going woodlands poly har?

totoro, my bb also same as urs. V diff to burp. Sometimes I'll put him down.. Go wash my stuff. Come back then burp him if he's stretching. If deep asleep.. I can never burp him de!

Mummies: actuali e amt 2 pump out for BM got 2 do with pump or milk supply?? So envy those with gd supply.. I like pump till nipples 1 drop liao oso cant reach 100ml..

Mani recommend avent pumps more than medela pumps..

Elmo: foreit 1mth of ML will b worth if u found e job u 1, go for a try, u hav nothing 2 lose.. Big company n work 12hr?? Is it a listed comPany n u will b in finance dept? If so mayb will hav 2 work tt long hr..

Bbgoh exactly like this morning I cannot stand it baby cry for milk she just sit there stand by and wait for us make milk then she insist she want to feed . Then she said that the hankerchief for feeding outside is dry ask to bring back. At the first place if you know is dry why can't you help to bring in? Feed finish milk don't even wash the milk bottle.

More suffering sigh

Elmo the other time when Vianne was crying non stop at night we brought her to tmc and the nurses commented that nowadays the babies like very hard to burp.

LittleTwinStar

I tried this new brand EnJoye from mumsfairy actually. It's a multi-user pump so if I failed in my moo moo career, I can still re-sell it :)

Vivi

Need to close one eye when it comes to elders whether it's MIL or even our own parents one!! Don't let it stress you too much and just do what you will normally do without them around!! Most of the things, it's better to depend on ourselves then others!! :)

Mummies.. Wan to check. How long can I keep ebm under room temp

1. after I pump or express out?

2. After warm up for abt 10mins?

Bringing bb go chalet tmr.. So many things to bring omg..-/ if going holiday lols

hi ladies, i have a qns regarding confinement lady. i heard some confinement lady will lock the door at night during sleeptime. then baby is also inside, making new mummy/daddy worried. did ur confinement lady do tt?

totoro_bb

im still planning... though e celebration is tmr. its gonna be a hectic day. have to pray at hb n my own place... then rush back to wait for buffet to arrive.. then hv to entertain guests etc (over 100 ppl coming in 4 hours *sweats*). i dunno if all will go successfully or nt. hopefully everything will be fine. n here still got mommies on confinement.. u r not alone!

fungfung

try surrounding the bb items with water... ants wont go near them.

does anyone here feel this needle stinging pain on the boobs even after clearing your milk? been feelin needle stings after every pump. ouch.. ):

michelle,

wow 100 pax in 4 hrs... why u don't want to split two sessions... ur place must be big enough to accommodate so many ppl.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my items is not only food items, his clothes cabinet and his cot aso hv some ants, making me so frustrated; have to keep on checking on and off...

elmo

I ll start on July. my #1 I also put her in when she was 3mth old so I use to it Liao altot 1st few days ll feel like miss her n will teary when leave the school hehe

liltwinstar

dun pump for too long, nipple very pain ler

I also prefer avent pump, yst just bought 1 preloved de. I have ameda but it make my aerola dry n nipple pain too.

last time I used my Sil avent I nvr have sore nipple. so I bth go n buy preloved single one. maybe bcoz it got a cushion msg the aerola so not painful

FungFung

When are you celebrating yours?

Regarding the storing of milk, I searched a website and was given a longer timing

- Freshly expressed bm may be kept @ room temp for up to 10hrs

- Freshly expressed bm may be stored @ temp lower than room temp (eg. cooler or ice-packs) for up to 24hrs

- Fresh BM may be kept in a refigerator for up to 8 days. Stored at the back and not near to the door of the fridge!

So I normally pump and just leave the milk in the room temp for the next few feed. If he have left over, I will still feed him the left over ones during the next feed!!

Michelle

When was ur bb born? tomorrow is the actual day and wow you have so many guest so it would be a busy busy day!!

RE: needle stinging pain

I have that as well and it normally comes after I pump or feed baby. i was thinking if it was a letdown or something. When it's time for the next feed, I will have the same sensation as well!!

Wow! Twenty u r my idol! I wish I can pump 450ml like u leh! Anyway, I just got a techno top open freezer from Harvey norman at promo $258+$30 delivery.

I'm not sure how many packs i have coz all over d place, some at my own home, some at MIL's place n some at mum's. Got d freezer to push myself to dilligently pump...stressed ah~~~~~~~

Hmm,btw with d top open chest freezer, do u think my bm can be stored longer like 6mths?

Elmo, congrats on ur job offer! Er, do u think if u tell them d truth that u on ML now so can't be employed until 2mthus later? Anyway, did u check Y they need to hire so urgently leh? 12hours is quite xiong lor....

Pearly, my boy at 1mth is 5.1kg, gain about 1.5kg from birth.

Totoro, if ur concern bat d Jaundice, think better go c PD early. Coz d blood test for jaundice after 1mth will be different but I'm not sure how different lor.

totoro,

next sun (22nd May)

i'm not too sure about kept at room temp for up to 10 hours, what the LC told me during my pre-natal class is up to 4 hours only and if can't finish the milk, have to feed in another 1 hour time, cannot keep too long.

Hi ladies..

I have succumbed to the pacifier.. And my#2 accepted it gladly!! Haha!! My #1 never liked it.. She prefers her own thumb..

Totoro,

I am only seeing pd at 6 weeks.. For jaundice, the eyes are th last area for the yellowness to disappear.. Check the soles and trunk of the baby..

My full month party is this Sunday..

Michelle s,

Wah so many people.. I have about 30+ only.. Hehe!! Just immediate family members from both side.. =)

Little twin star,

Sometimes the pump vol does not truly reflect the supply you have.. Do you latch? Cos I notice for my #1 (haven't give bottle for #2) she can drink about 120ml-130ml every 2 hours.. And with latch, usually 1 boob can last that long too..

mummies,

i keep feeling this stinging feeling in the nips these days, does that happen when its leaking? or its something else?

Fungfung,

desitin?

fungfung

oh cupboard ah. mine also have. so what i did - i tracked down the source of the ants (aka ants nest) and i found it.. and used this glue (dunno whats e name) to seal the holes. the glue dries up and hardens so it just looks like a layer of rubber thats all. now no more ants liao. my hb doesnt want to split two sessions. he say very mafan. and most of the guests are his friends so he'll entertain them.

totoro_bb

i delivered on 15 apr. so yesterday is considered 4 wks old. if count by 30 days, tmr is actual day. u also hv tt needle stinging pain? did u do anything about it? i kept cupping my boobs with my hands whenever it hurts n once my neighbour saw it when i walked to e kitchen to keep my ebm. haha so embarrassing but dun care la.

Gerry

what to do, no choice hv to invite when ppl give angbaos + presents. but im not givin cakes else i'll be damn broke. my hb n i wrapped hershey's kisses with namecard sized thank you cards for e guests only.

fungfung

think its desitin.. my boy's using it, so far so good. :)

lynn

totoro_bb & i also hv that pain... mine not leaking also gt that pain.

Mummies using lansinol milk bags, how do we know when to stop filling d bag with milk? It's supp to hold 180ml but there r no markings on d bag on d stop line or what.

Regret buying lansinol milk bag coz d plastic seems thinner than blue egg milk bag which I'm currently using

Mrs chua, Elmo, piggy,

Seems like my gal is making things difficult [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I find it diff to drag feeding time so gotta always feed. Very busy ar!!

Sapphire,

I'm using M size for my son, it's abit loose but I'm ok with it coz more airy n he won't get diaper rash.

D new Petpet diaper quite pretty n d prints r cuter, it's light purple in colour. NTUC 2 packs $32.45.

Michelle,

Wah! U inviting so many guests for bb full mth, will be damn tiring for mummy n baby..

Voon,

When u c baby weight increasing steadily, all those tirednes r worth it! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] mayb u can try increasing d feeds?

Juz wondering, is there any cause of concern for sleepy baby? My boy seems to be sleeping a lot & totally not cranky, not even midnight feeds. Midnight he juz yak yak n I lay latching n both of us juz slept thru d nite.

Has sleepiness got to do with genes coz I sleep a lot too...

morning mummies!!!!

totoro,

The LC taught me to burp no matter bf or btl fed, n true, if i bf no burp, my Jovie will vomit awhile after delatch...

Elmo,

Congrats on ur new job...!

Joel still can wear S huh? Jovie change to M aldy leh...Think Joel got ur gene... tight smaller can wear S for longer period...

Lynn & Michelle,

Thanks.. ya.. it's desitin

Michelle,

as for the ants, we also found the ants nest and destroy it.. but then still have, believe they crawl from the kitchen. think there are more than one nest.

as for the celebration.. ya..it's quite mafan to split into two sessions. but for me no choice coz my place not enough space to accommodate relatives and friends at one go.. so have to split into lunch and dinner lor..

Ningyo

Actually my concern Is that the guests want to carry bb... Then there'll be 100 guests carrying the bb... Won't my bb be frightened? These few days he already v cranky liao (think it's e growth spurt). Very scared tmr ppl carry here carry there. Sigh... And bb doesn't know how to say no also..

Fungfung

I'm not holding it at Hm... Holding it at e common building at my hse downstairs.. So can accommodate many ppl.. And seal more places la. See nest, just seal. If nt there'll be more n more n more nests de.

Michelle,

ya me also quite particular abt letting pple carry baby n worst is those who kiss baby! Is it possible for u to keep carrying baby or sling or those baby carrier n then probably more difficult for pple to request to carry baby?

Elmo,

My boy is about 5kg le! xD But he don't look that big wor.. hehe

piggy,

Wah~~ 5.6kg.. 1 week gain so much? So he was 4.5kg at 1month ah?

ningyo,

Hmm most about 5kg de.. So it's normal range, I think.. The nurse say my boy very big for his age.. >.< Mine gained 1.67kg since birth..

Littletwinstar, nope. I'm in IT. Maybe stay in current company too long le. So scared of change esp w a newborn now.

Hippo, thks. I havent confirm e job lah. Ya joel used to have bamboo legs. Now thighs more meat liao Tt's y s getting tight.

ningyo, i dun dare to tell them I'm on ml leh. Think they Wont wanna hire me if i tell ba. Most employers not willing to wait 2mths leh. Sianz.

Bbgoh, you gonna put in ifc when k is 3mths old ah? J will be ard 3mths when i put him in too. 3Mths will start to recognize ppl rite? Ur #1 got cry v badly when just go in? And hor.. If go injection then got fever.. Have to stay at home cant go ifc izzit?

Vivi, so wat did e doc say when bb cry non stop? colic? J also have his cranky hr every nite from 10pm to 11pm. Sometimes 12+ then he willing to zz.

Ningyo your baby so guai if Vianne is half like this would be good.

Elmo doctor checked her tummy but says quite ok but he still gave ridwind. When I researched colic 1 of the symptom is crying for 1-3 hours for no reason when diaper changed and milk fed. But your baby could be also cranky wor.

Pearly,

no la 5.6kg is Mrs Chua 1... mine at 1 mth i dunno leh cos din bring him see dr tink ard 4-4.2kg nah...

Hippopolai,

my bb still wear S for pet pet leh Jovie smaller so fast M ah..

Sapphire,

it depend on ur bb size some thighs v big so mus upgrade faster..

Voon…what makes u think she is making things difficult for u? how much is she drinking?

Sapphire.. my boy was 5.6kg one week ago.. though still can use S size huggies and drypers but got to upgrade to M size for him so is not so tight @ tummy and leg area… anyway, I jus finished using the S size pet pet for my boy.. left abt 10 pcs of s size mamy poko to finish.. den I changing to M size pet pet and huggies for my boy.. though still left 1.5 pack of huggies @ my parent home, gonna pass those to my sil who is giving birth in Sep : )

Hippo.. Jovie already wearing M size.. omg!!! My boy jus only gonna upgrade to M size.. actually he can still wear s size jus that his thights abit tight for his drumstick le.. lols… in fact, my mil keep saying dun need to upgrade to M size cos she say is too big for him..

MIchelle.. my MIl place oso do the same as Fung fung by destroying the nest of the ants.. guess that this is best way.. my parent place has too many nest le so if really wan to destroy., guess we have to spend one whole day doing it... haha

Hihi all... Tried to measure my boy's height today.. I think abt 57-58cm...next week will bring him for his jab.. By then will know exact weight and height.. The 6-in-1 jab have to be taken exactly on 6weeks? Or 5+ weeks can take Le??

Shaynn: where got stress?? Dun forget it's almost 7hours leh..

Bbgoh: sookie taught me to take out 1 pack per day to feed bb so that can replace with new ones... Yup.. I bought a freezer to store the milks..

Fungfung: 15 mins for both boobs.. I'm using freestyle.. When u pump u can massage too... Can help...

Ningyo: yeah.. I bought a freezer too... Have to.. Cause my freezer is full of the milk and my mil cannot buy food in.. Hahaha... Jia you!!

would like to check.. anyone have any ideas what should be done for opening the new house door? heard need pineapple to roll in 1st.. what to say huh when we roll in the pineapple? HUAT AH?? haha...

anything else we need to prepare?? we decided to open our new house door this coming sun.. after that, slowly renovate, hopefully can shift in b4 aug.. den I can celevrate my bday there.. hehe..

lynn.. ur stinging feeling is needle poking kind? if it is, think is blocked ducts.. recently the feeling comes back v often for me again, den ytd whole night kept pumping but nothing much comes out.. latch bb, he still ok.. but I kept massagin on the lump, no matter how much I massage, is still there and hubby help too... still no use so decided to call Mdm ROkiah for help again... she now in malaysia.. onli be back Mon...

*faints* here i am training the feeding times to be longer, but there is my MIL is screwing it up for me.. bb cries she say must feed...HELP!!!

On weekdays i go over her place every morning and stay there whole day till after dinner hb bring us back.. then today i tell hb i don't wan go over... but GUESS WHAT!! my MIL tells the whole family to come over for dinner tonight.. can't i even have peace at my own place? Zzzzzzzzzzzz........

sry for ranting all these here.. i just need to let it off my chest.. *pulls hair*

Gerry,

Ur Eva good girl leh... Just introduce pacifier then she suckle aldy?

Think I'm making my Jovie life tougher... Pigeon bottle, NUK pacifier & sometimes nipple!!!!! Haa haa haa... 3 different design to adapt... Bad mommy... =X

totoro, dun base on the info abstracted from the web unless they're using our local temp(here more humid and warm as compared to other countries).

really envy those mommies who hv soooo much excess bm!

Back