(2011/04) Apr 2011

Are you all facing the same problem whereby baby dont sleep at all . Mine don't sleep and can be until 1am or 2am at least.

Thought she sleep Liao but then put her down she wake up

Vivi,

Same la tink so many of e babies here r like tt..haa..including mine..mine worse, when she doesn't z keep looking for milk..scared of overfeeding her man..but oni when she's reali full n contented then she'll z..mine z so easily in e day but not at nite le..

mummies,

thanks for the concern,

had a heated argument with hubby mon nite.

cos this #2 is so different from #1. he cant take it when i ask him to take care and blame him for doing something incorrect.

cos #1 is more well easy to take care of.

or he actually prefer my gal#1 more than this boy#2.

was so sad and think wat is the pt for giving birth to 2 bb for him.

actually #2, like most of bb here, usa timing, war feeding, cry when put down.

one more issue for me...he always merlion. dun give him...he cry and cry. give then merlion

MIA a few days becos tue nite i having bad block ducts/engorgement on R breast...dunno wat. fever went up 39.9 pain like hell. massage and pumping...temp went down..but yday afternoon L breast also like tat. pain still there.

worst experience i got. made me really think whether to give up bf. even thou #1 is not with me during wkdays. at my mum place. but really tiring of pumping and washing.

tweety and bbgoh really got gd supply. my supply only avg 3 hrs 150ml.

Gin, u say can put pump parts into fridge after pumping? did u try? will it conaminated?

Gerry, can warm up ebm n put in room temp for so long? then just expressed one how long u keep in rm temp?

Cow gal

Since hubby prefer to take care of #1, maybe can separate duties? Now I bf n wake up for night feeds, my hubby is solely in charge of #1 n #2, since he doesn't produce milk. Haha!

Your baby sounds like he have reflux leh. Maybe can ask doc?

Yes can put pump parts in fridge, but put in ziploc bag or container first.

Pump time

30mins? I only pump max 15mins leh. Enough?!

Cakes

Very last min dec to decide to do full month. I used choz for previous times. Any recommendations?

Hihi... Went Out today thats y never come in.. Heehee. I counted my fbm today... Total of 93packets.. Scary..

Hippopolai: hopefully jovie dun tekan u tonite..

Cowgal: hugz hugz...150ml is also gOod...

Lynn: I'm using pupsik.. But how to tell u how to wear bb.. Mmm.. Go online and check the video?

tweety,

watch liao, tried using the same way, R still look very uncomfortable and huge in it. what size of the pouch did u get?

Pump time

I take 8mins for each side. R side yield 160ml and left side yield 80ml every 3 hours. Gave up trying to decrease supply as the block ducts do not clear if I pump less than 8mins. I think problem is flow is too fast and breasts get cleared too quickly. During my no 1 also same problem

Those who pump and sterilize at night. Y don't you try buying more spare parts and bottles so can last for the night without having to sterilize? I am using 6 bottles and 4 valves so can last from evening to the next late morning.

tweety,

do you latch bb or you pump or both?

Fungfung,

You can sit there and pump for an hour? I pump for 20mins I already feel very xinku.

Now I stop pumping when I see no milk dripping.

Gerry, Sookie, Shice: tks for ur encouragement, feel much better, i oradi try 2 b calm when handle bb, but once she start 2 cry n even harder n harder when i handle her, i will b frustrate n stress liao...mayb due 2 no exp bah..hope i will learn as time go by hw 2 handle tis bb..

Fungfung: wah 1 hour?? I pump 15 mins...

Lynn: got L size..My boy very comfortable inside leh...

Sapphire: I express out.. Till now latch him on less than 10'times ba.. Cause he wan fast milk.. And latching him on he always fall asleep..

Gin: Pine Garden makes really good first month cakes and they can do last-minute orders. You want cake boxes to give away or one big cake? Either way, Pine Garden can do them. Just email Liz ([email protected]) and tell her I referred you - use my real name (obviously! haha!), I'm the blue dress girl on Facebook hor! She will reply promptly [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] For Nick's one month, I used Pine Garden and also ordered from Sweetest Moments. PG's cakes taste better. SM is not bad, but their packaging is better than the quality of their cakes/other food products, in my view.

Pump Time: I usually pump 10 mins max. I can get about 140-150ml every three hours, though just now at 7pm, I got 100ml after bb latched on one side. I don't really look at pump volumes as I'm usually about 100% latching. (Currently, pumping a bit more often as bb is unwell and drinking less than he usually does, so I pump after his smaller feeds to keep up my SS for when he is feeling better).

Tweety/Lynn: I've always found Pupsik slings a bit tough to use. Do you think they are better for smaller babies? Currently using my Babyrock Sling - LOVE IT! The mesh material keeps bb cool.

Mum05: I swear by the papaya fish soup. That combined with fenugreek supplements keeps my supply up. If you need a recipe for papaya fish soup, you can look at http://www.babycenter.com.sg/pregnancy/asian-postnatal-practices/fish-papaya-soup/

Dreamysprings - that's a good idea to get an extra set of pump parts - I am using Medela PIS - do you know where I can get the extra parts? Would they be very expensive?

Hippopolai - Good luck for tonight, girl!! Hope bb is well behaved! Sometimes the more they sleep in the day, the better they sleep at night.

tweety,

oh. then i think i probably need to get a bigger size. current one is size M, sling over the head also feel abit tight liao.

Yolk Sac,

I have no idea if it would be better for smaller babies not, probably easier to put bb in and out?

Yolk sac- I'm using pis too.. Get from mothercare.. It's kinda pricey.. I bought new white thingys coz mine got torn.. $$$.. But we do what we have to do to get more sleep .. Haiz

Hope Nick gets well soon! Poor thing !!

Pis pump parts can get from overseas spree. Cheap! But I got from local bulk purchase cuz ready stock. A few sellers in the bp section.

Yolk

Thanks. Will check it out. Haha!! I know which one is you!!

All your supply very good what. I'm pumping less than that but I got extra leh. If I can pump 250ml in one session I will skip many pumps. Haha!! Cuz that's three feeds!!

Pink: Thanks for the info! I wouldn't have considered buying extra parts before as I hardly pump. But now that he is unwell, his appetite has really gone down and I find that drinking from a bottle is a bit easier for him (his nose and air passages are quite bunged up). I hope Nick has a good night tonight. PD follow up tomorrow. Poor Nick probably has to get suctioned again - it's heart-wrenching to watch!

Lynn: How much is the Pupsik sling?

Gals: Any good websites to buy nursing wear? Need some new pieces. Getting bored with my old stuff!

fung fung: wow 1 hour to pump? i take 15 mins for both sides as mine is PIS.

yolk sac: other than mothercare, other places like mums and babes and even online BP has it. btw, for the funnels, i use this (http://www.mumsfairy.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=25&Itemid=31&productid=7) cause the soft shells don't last long and turns yellow and oily..fits the PIS funnel parts. also, i find it clears milk better.

dreamyspring: then perhaps it would be "better" to stretch your pumping intervals...

Thanks sookiewookie! I have to order from Mumsfairy soon so will try out the funnels too.

Vivi: Oh dear, hopefully Vianne will KO tonight from being tired out today. My boy's nose is really blocked, so PD advised that we let him sleep in his bouncer chair. He's been in it since 6:30pm. So far so good. Touch wood. Sookie is right - if you can get a short break it will make a huge difference. Take care.

Sookie

I was just looking at the supershields today n wondering if they fit pis! I rem I did not like it when using with my ameda!!

Yolksac

U can try local bps. Very cheap!!! N I think it's the same as local nursing wear which costs double.

Vivi

Hope baby v will settle well. Have u intro pacifier?

Sookie

^5... I'm using mumsfairy pumping pals breastshield too... I find more comfy as compared to medela's soft shield. I'm also thinking to get another pair cos I have 2 sets of the medela spare parts but only 1 pair of this shield... But I'm waiting for the day when my supply can be more than what I'm getting now...

I got my spare parts from here. They are ready stock. Seller is called Megababystore.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5449812.html?1305202231

I've stretched to pumping at 4hr interval. Especially the more powerful breast, when not cleared, engorgement starts after 2 hours. Then next pump not cleared, engorgement starts 1 hr later..... End up the stinging pain hurt so much I Buay tanhan and clear breast. That why I said try aldy then now give up

Sookie, yolk the whole day and night she only want me to carry and then refused my dad and mil

The moment I changed hands she cry so loudly

Gin long time gave pacifier but when her mood is bad she refused as well

I thought after milk she fell asleep I haven't finish posting she is awake now ! Gosh

I'm so happy!!! My CL had problem making my son sleep tonight but I managed to make him sleep by cuddling n singing lullaby to him... YAY!!! This is so satisfying [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Question: Is the normal or ok for bb to slp more than 4hrs for night feeds? Am i supposed to wait for him cry for milk instead of feeding him on time? My boy's last feed was at 745pm and his next feed supposed to be at 1145pm. I see he slping soundly n scared he hungry so i went to wake him up.. in the end he also nv finish his milk..

Jtho, somehow we can feel a sense of accomplishment right!!

Mikio, for me I dnt wake bb up but wait for her to cry for milk.

gin: yes i fit it straight into pis, in replace of the original funnel. used it since my #1 and bought it st s booth at one of the baby fairs.

jtho: im tempted to buy another set to put at work but its not cheap. glad you managed to put him to sleep!

mikio: yah I won't wake him up for night feeds

Shice/sookie: ohh.. Even if they slp very long like 5~6 hrs also nvm? Will bb be hungry? Or they hungry they will cry le?

Morning mummies

Has veri tired these few days as my #1 is sick.

Lovelle

Yr bb want you to carry her . Try to swaddle her or use a sleeping bag or sleep on tummy cos bb has no security thus they wan to be carry to sleep

Vivi

Take care , try to nap as much as possible when bb is sleep and drink more water and vitamin c too. Jiayou , you can do it. Try to have positive mind. Dun stress yourself.

Sapphire

Try to pump every 2-3hr . Each breast 15 min. See if it help. Which pump you use could it be the size of the funnel not suitable?

Tweety

You are giving others stress... 450ml...

Fungfung

You can order from catering with baby full mth packaging has red eggs,Ang ku kueh n glutinous rice so Ppl who come dun give cake. Only settle those did not come n invite

Mikio

Do not wake bb up for nite feed till they cry. As for day feed can do not wake them just dream feed every 2-3hr cos if not bb will get dehydrated and get sick

Thanks shyann I have been drinking lots of water can't afford myself to be sick.

I thought my mil is here and help on the way end up she don't know how to take care of baby . Like yesterday she told me just stuff pacifier and put Vianne to Yao LAN she will sleep I told her when Vianne is cranky nothing works and she insist . End up she made Vianne cried until red . She don't take my comment and insist she is correct. I fed up I tell her sure demonstrate and enlighten me how you gonna do it. End up Vianne cried more I have to pacify her. And I dislike the way she forcefully stuff the pacifier on her. More trouble than help. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Would like to ask what's the weight of your babies at about 1month? Bringing my boy for jab later.. Kinda curious abt the weight.. xD

Morning mommies!

So tired for the past few days. My boy kept wailing loudly yesterday..., think it was stomach wind, so gave ruyi oil n at night gave one tablespoon of water with a few drops of gripe water. After that he's much better le.. Phew~

Spare parts

Any Bp or placr to buy soft funnel for medela pump or not? My funnel turned a bit yellowish n I feel like changin it.. See already also gao wei...

Yolk sac

Pupsik sling costs 45.90 from mothercare n on pupsik's official website...

Melrose cakes

I just got my melrose cakes delivered today. The packaging not very nice but cake not bad... I quite like e taste... N the delivery lady want to cheat my 10 cents lor. My order is 53.90 then I gve 54$... She took damn long to dig into her pouch n fiddle with e pouch for so long I told her to forget it. Think she purposely want to keep e change.

Vi, think mine same as yr vi except I got a maid to help. Nowadays, when she's angry milk and pacifier she oso dnt knw. Cry hard if we stuff into her mouth. Goin crazy with her cries.

Piggy/mrs chua,

Since we delivered ard same time. During 5-6wks, bb drank 120ml? Nw wk 7, their appetite reduce?

Michelle, I ordered melrose too. The delivery 'guy', wore a hat? Mine is a woman but dress all in black, w hat and shades, my mum scared dnt dare to open the door for her haha

Sapphire,

ya lor.. almost one hour lah.. sometime finds that very tiring to sit there and pump for 1 hour but no choice. if i saw milk flow out slowly in between, i'll pause for a while to massage my breast and then continue so it takes about 1 hour lor...

Yolk Sac,

wow.. 10mins can get 140-150ml.. it takes me i think almost 20-30mins to get that much

Sookie,

i dunno whether does the pump got any effect on the pumping time.. mine is medela electric pump. i think more or less, it does contribute to the pumping time depending on the pump

tweety,

wow.. 93 packets.. your supply very good. your flow of milk is very good right? that is why 15mins you can get so much ml. your 15mins is for both side?

Vonn yeah at least you have a maid can help you do house work and all those stuff.

Milk bottles i have to wash baby laundry I have to do and my mil only wants to carry Vianne she don't even help me with all these minor stuff. When baby poo or bath or change diaper or cry then she return to me . Like last night Vianne refused to sleep andmy mil just came into the room and pass a comment so late still don't sleep and walk off and head to her room to sleep. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Vonn

No the person who delivered (looks like a butch) had short blonde hair. My goodness... Why the delivery ppl from melrose no standard one hahaha... And the packaging is... The picture in front looks like its taken from clip art on Microsoft word. Hahah... But then for that price.., I no comments la.

morning

vivi

sound like yr mil is here not to help u loh. if dunno how to ake care of Bb at least help in yr hsecore mah.

tweety

I get a storage freezer for yr ebm? so many pkt wat u intend to do? ll u give yr boy next mth then store new one in?

I finally found a mummy who need it, last week I have her half of my fbm, I thk got abt 120pkt of 200ml one. nw my freezer got more space to store new one hehe.

last night hb went sy there get the yaolan. nw my K can sleep soundly on it without Yao Yao. seem like no need to train and she just belong to yaolan Bb bah.. hope I dun talk too fast, dunno how long she can last.. pray pray.

Tks jtho!

Is there any BP or overseas spree that sells the supershield? tried looking in forum but cant find.. only can order from the mumsfairy website ah?

Hi mummies, few days din post here le. Been bz. I sort of got a job offer le. Though not confirmed and dunno how much they offering yet. But they want me to start work earlier. I din mention tt I'm on ml. So i told them i need 2Mths notice. Which will be just nice end of my ml. But now they say will only hire me if i can start work earlier. Tt means i gotta sacrifice my ml ah. lugi 1 mth of ml and gotta put bb in ifc earlier. Dunno how. I tot I'll be v happy to find a job.. But no leh. Plus they say they work 12hrs a day! Hope not everyday or it's just to scare me. This is a big company and pay shd be good.. Benefits good also. But i prefer to spend time with my babies leh. You all think i shd take it up? When are you all returning to work? If i let this go hor.. V difficult to find a not so siong job tt can even match my pay le. Dillema.. :-(

Talking abt pumping.. Now i only pump 4x a day. Too lazy le. Each time ard 150 to 190ml. If i start work early.. Gotta stop bf earlier too. Sob sob.

Tweety you ultimate ah! Wat are you going to do with so many packs of frozen bm? Bb sure cant finish rite?

Actually i dun like to put bb in yao lan. Cry gotta keep swinging v mafan. But last time #1 my mum look after go gotta accommodate her style bobian. Now #2 i dun intend to use cos going ifc. Pacifier i buy le but also managed not to use. The benefits of taking care totally myself. Can do wat i like.

Morning mummies

wow, looking at the duration and the volume, really let me wonder how you gals do it! Everytime I pump, the milk only comes in droplets unless I squeezed and pressed but still maximum not more than 90ml!! I still not sure what letdown is or maybe have not experienced that before!! hiaz

By the way, what will happen if the bb don't burp after feed whether it's direct latching or bottle!! I tried to do it but 8 out of 10 times is always unsuccessful and the boy just wanna sleep after feeding!!

vonn, mine drinking 125 bm or 110 fm every 2hrs in e day. Tried to drag e timing but v diff. But most times gotta feed half, stop to rest then feed again. Nite time give less cos he sleepy.

pearly, j was 4.6kg at 1mth. Last i weigh him was 5.6kg le.

J's outgrowing all e 3-6Mths new rompers tt we bought for him le! Some havent even take out n wear! Waste $!! Pet pet s also wanna explode liao. Still got 1.5 packs to finish!

Back