(2011/03) Mar 2011

ST: he was the PD allocated from TMC for my 2 boys..

but i never go back to him..

check with hazel..she visit him more

smiggleprincess: good! let me know whether nice or not..

the other time i ordered the thai ice tea which i super love! got order the basil chicken? it's one of their hot dishes

limlim: i think there is a certain amount of DHA that a baby can absorb...to me, i find its more of an advertising gimmick

joc: kyler took MMRV when he was 16 months, my GP told me to look out for fever 5-10 days later...

which is true, he got fever after he got jab 7 days later...

same for my sis son..

2ks

I agree with your thoughts on DHA; cos ive a doc friend who said there's only so much that they can absorb.

Heard from my pd that we need to prepare that the fever might occur 5-7 days after mmr. If he has fever for prev vaccinations, then likely he will get it. She also mentioned that the fever will also take longer to subside. Crossing my fingers for his jab this sat.

Do you know what type of med should I get from pd for traveling overseas? Fever, cough, flu, diaherea, anything else? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

MMRV - M took MMRV 2 weeks ago, PD told me to look out for fever 1 week later - only 10% will hv fever ...

Thanks 2Ks and Jojo....

Can our babies eat honey now??

mimimo: not true for my case regards to no fever for prev vaccinations. kyler didnt have fever for all vaccinations except mmrv..

ST

I gave him honey water and egg white, seems ok. Also started him on beehoon soup. Trying v hard on bread and cheese but no success yet.

Anyone interested in Julia Gabriel holiday program? 20% off if 4 children sign up together. Don't need to be in same week or same timing. Can ask me for more details, I got the brochure. It's a 5 day program.

mimimo,

Stop vomit med, nose drop(in case block nose), mosquito patch, mopiko, anti-flam cream, thermometer, fever patch ...

My 1st aid box is full .. haaa

smiggleprincess: their portions ok. but dont order too early ok, cos nowadays of the strict restrictions, they have to collect the food on time..

only those fried stuff like thai prawn fish cake etc, that one not alot la..

i remember i fried my hubby seafood products for extra

Ya, now got change in rule. 12mth gotta take 1st jab. I'm just wondering should go for mmrv or take chickenpox jab separate fr mmr.

I checked with PD yesterday.

Yes, we can give honey after 1 yr old but still hv to monitor if there is any allergy symptom e.g.: rashes...

2ks

huh?? the fever for the jab only come at 5-10days?? no wonder my gal shot to 38plus a wk later... we were stil wonderin how come.... the older one dun hv.. so dun think she pass to her sister.... now then realise it the jab ah..... aiyo.... she was given flu n cough meh leh.... -_-"....

mimimo24,

if my gal fever was due to the jab.... she took 3days for the ongoin fever to subside...... but runnin nose n cough even longer to go off....

for last trip... i only bring parcemontol, thermometer, eczema cream n mositure lotion... nxt trip, lip balm also if it cold... cos both r sensitive to cold weather... =(

Poky,

Shay also had fever from Friday, exactly 1 wk after his MMRV jab last last friday. Shay never had fever for all his other jabs. Luckily his fever only happen at nite (38+'C) and this morning he is ok to go IFC .. Also, he is active as usual just his appetite not as good.

diandin food is good..

lucky i cater frm them..

Fever

yesterday, bdae boy had fever right after his party..

i can see another tooth comin up..

lucky his fever went down already..

So im not sending him for any jabs yet..

Hi

Have been a slient reader all along. I have a gal which is 13.5mths now.

She started walking about 1 month ago. Lately i notice she walk with 1 leg pointed outward.

Anyone encounter such? Can share ur experience.

Thanks

smiggleprincess: great to hear the food is good, which one u love best?

did u order thai ruby?

penny: no..yr girl is it flat foot?

HiHi Mummies!

ST - Think I see ur post too late... My gal see Dr Keoy for 2-3 times when she had very bad cough and fever previously.. he is my gal's designated PD in TMC... I find him ok...

Talking about the MMRV jab... my gal just turn 12M + 1w... can I bring her for the jab already? or can I wait?? I'm bringing her on a trip from 17 Apr-23 Apr... Not sure if I should do the jab now or after I come bk from the trip?

hi hi mummies, I'm back, after 1 week of conference in M'sia / SG, damn tired sia!

won mummy, you give cod liver oil, is it the Scotts emulsion kind? I wanna give leh but hb says I'm being too kiasu! Guess I will secretly give once I learn more abt it here!

yes, i did..

love their mango salad best..

though the tom yam was quite spicy for many...

tres

the kids fish oil one, just a teaspoon for 1yr old i think..

i will start next month..

XFZ,

Jab is for 12M onwards, and must ensure she is not allergy to Egg. Jab now the most fever next week nia .. sure before 4/17.

Sinmey - Ya abt the egg allergy part I'm quite worried... I think my gal is allergy to egg cos previously give her egg yolk I will see red patched near her lips, after a day it will go off... then yday I gave her steam egg (yolk + white) again I see 2 red patch near her lips... tonight I'm gg to give her steam egg again and monitor...

If really allergy to egg how ar?

XFZ,

If really allergy, they might not jab her leh .. not too sure .. maybe you should check with ur pd ?

Allergy to egg very cham leh .. many food made of egg .. cake, muffin, pancake... most kids' favorite la..

sinmey

same as shay, ying didnt hv fever for the previous jab... but hor. her fever came back again on sun... 14 days after the jab.. shldnt b the jab issue liao rite??? tis round even higher than previous.. 39.4.. event after panadol n ibrufen, also hover 38 plus.. keep spongin her n cold bath her.. c her face all red n keep cryin from the fever. damn heartpain... sigh.....

xfz,

if want to give.. faster ck out wat the alt if kid is egg allergy.. else if like mine,, drag even longer.. jiatlat liao....

Tres - welcome home [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]......yes, e scotts emulsion. Not kiasu lar. last time when we kid we also eat that [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] yes, 1 years old can start giving le. is 1 tablespoon 1 time a day. my gal loves it! she will sit there n wait patiently for it every morning after her shower. my mum say, since she like, just let her drink till she sick of it then we stop. so i m hoping she can drink as many btl as she can now.

ah. thanks won mummy! I think I shall try, if she doesn't like then this mummy here will drink, I really like cod liver oil smell & taste.

mummies, the 12 mths jab is it the same as MMR jab?? Me thinking really hard whether to bring her soon or not, dunno want her to fall Sick leh?

M,

there is changes on MMR .. last time (before Dec 2011), we only jab MMR after 15mths, and i remember i jab my girl on almost 18Mth. Now, they bring forward the MMR to 12 Mths and additional MMR at 18M .. So total 2 MMR now .. in fact we only have MMR & Hep-B booster after 12Mth right ?

What else i miss out ? Except the Pneumococoa

sinmey: i did called my GP about the earlier jab on mmrv. he said not necessary to bring forward leh. but he said if want, do it on 13 month, cos 12 month for pneumo jab..

poor babies...so many jab..

MMR

FOC at polyclinic

Im also not comfy abt having 2 MMR jabs..

There are side effects in all vaccines..

not sure if the govt took that in consideration or they just wan to lower the number of infectious disease..

My #1 took it and he had to go for autistic test.. not really sure if its the side effect but then boys tend to be more austistic than girls..

so im delayin it for my #2 until he is older and body can handle all the chemicals

Sinmey/poky - I gave my gal steamed egg ang egg toufu on Monday... no red patches around her lips... so hopefully it mean she's ok with egg... will continue to feed her some egg to further confirm...

Hi Mummies

Anyone has Enfagrow Stage 3 sample packs to give away? I'm willing to pay for postage... cos I'm bringing my gal to Taiwan in mid-Apr so would like to bring the sample packs there for my gal...

XFZ: another way u can use those zipper disposable milk bags to bring there, i used it when i went korea trip, and its really good, no "lao hong" and its so convenient.

i check with my GP on the MMRV jab that is recommended at 12 months.

GP said its ok to delay the jab to 15 months or so. its just that the government wanna reduce the risk of the baby being exposed earlier if no jab.

so i think i probably drag to 15 months...

anyone has contacts for ordering milk powder... price cheaper than ntuc? the lady i'm ordering from not selling anymore. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

printz, you can try luvbabies (google luvbabies can liao), by this kim seng medical hall, however, not sure where is their source of FM? I usually buy diapers in bulk from them tho

hahaa, me too, just in case I need to feed more coz the 'solid' food there is not to her liking!

hmm... the thread has been quite for the past few days... hello there??

2Ks - yupz I got the zipper bags... I used that when I went KL previously...

Went NTUC on Sat and got a shock on Enfa pricing... the increase was for Stage 1 & 2... wah piang, a whopping $5 more...

Mummies, can try Guardian pharmacy... sometimes their offer for milk powder cheaper than ntuc / giant..

like Similac stage 3, 1.8kg, selling at 65.90 while ntuc/ giant still selling at 68.90..

The bp de not exactly cheap i compared.. only by $1 or so..

Yes.. milk powder so expensive.. need lobang to buy 1 shot..

Back