(2011/03) Mar 2011

annie: u can cook mee sua...then the egg yolk, fried it like scrambled egg, then sprinkle on the mee sua...

oh...the spare ribs no taste already mah, then no salt also, so i gave my dogs...

dont waste mah..

u hv to boil the mee sua 1st, to remove those white flour, otherwise yr soup will be very soggy...

then use yr stock, add in mee sua,

then another pan, fried scrambled egg yolk, u can use olive oil or unsalted butter or if using happycall, no need oil...

then add the scrambled egg yolk in the mee sua..

Hello All mummies....

Nice to meet all of you....I am mummy Linnar whom walked aways with 2 prizes,it was such a surprise and its my bb first winning prizes.....Really appreciate the organizers and sponsors for the fantastic party.........Our family enjoyed it very much..........

I just joined the group...hoped to meet up more mummies.....

Nice meeting new mummies on that day..... : D

2Ks, must fried the egg? can we add the egg yolk together with the stock and bring to boil?

Afraid that frying the egg with oil may not be too healthy for them at this age??

ya, I have same question as tres. Can add the egg yolk (raw or boiled?) into the stock? I also don't feel comfortable in giving fried food now yet.

I fed Lucien mee sua yest with egg yolk and mince pork. He eat till the whole face got mee sua, really look like cat whiskers on him. I beat the yolk and add into mee sua. Remember to crush the mee sua before throwing it into the boiling soup, easier to feed.

its not fried ma, happy call no need oil..

u can beat the egg and add in also..

but i find it harder, it will be like boiled egg u know, dried

if u used non stick pan, doesnt require oil too...

but its up to individual la...u can do anyway u guys like..

as long as bb eat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

What's mei rou?

Your make me feel like cooking mee sua for Eden also... Any special brand or particular brand to buy?

cool... thanks! I like Mee sua esp with fresh fish slices!!!

THis weekend super long weekend, so need to find variety to cook for Chloe lah. See her eat the porridge until i sian, day in & out porridge throughout the week!! ;-)

Fel: I forgot which part of the pig but it's the most tender part. But I go market they always sell either one strip or half a strip, will take forever for Lucien to finish. Lucky that day I send my father go buy for me, he manage to get a small piece for me. And bcos it's so tender don't need much mincing, just use the hammer and whack. Tadaaa and you got mince meat!

mei rou is yao rou...

its called kidney meat...

long strips...u can buy half strip or whole strip...depends on length usually cost $5-7 bucks for half a strip

I wanna cook mee sua for Javier this sat!!!! Thanks mummies! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Just wanna share

I bought my Tiger Magic Cooker 5.2 L liao... Bought it for $259 at isetan. Usual price is $318.

Then i got a free Endo brand 2.5 L magic cooker.

Tried using both the last two days... It work really well and i'm happy with it. Come home to nice home cooked soup...

halo mummies,

ask u all huh...mee sua...u all cook til soggy?? my baby got two small teeth bottoms..usually i give him got abit texture he choke til eyes red red liao..does it mean he not ready yet? can i stil cook mee sua for him? now i blend vegetables for him..only fish no need...but muz mesh til cannot see then no choke

Glad to be back to singapore ! First time brougt j went on cruise. ShE Lao sai thRoughout the trip ! My time spent on cruise was cleaning n changing her diaper . Fed her medicine prescribed by pd but doesn't seems to work .. The moment she eat nia she poo rather immediately . Any other remedy to stop her LS ? She taking lacto fal now. ..

Allets- give her some paedialytes lei. Keep having lao sai she will be losing her potassium and other salt also. Go pharmacy to buy paedialyte ( hydralyte) to hydrate her body.

2ks

mee suah can dont buy the box...i oso ben ben buy the box, then lao hong for so long...i buy small pkt de....very nice also, can finish in a week...coz i give mee suah quite a lot liao

hey btw, i dont add egg...i just heat up my soup stock, crush the mee suah before throwing it in, then add my pasta sauce, add fish etc, add chopped red spinach or brocolli...nowadays i dont parboil meesuah liao...not very salty though, i tried eating it myself

i whatsapp u the pkt picture

Pixie: some brands mee sua very starchy... Some brands won't... So hv to see la..

Oh I usually buy loose pcs... Keep in fridge ma then won't Lao hong

This time found I very boring with kiefer food.. Nothing special for him... Not even stocks... No time to do...

Don't think will cook mee sua for now..

Oh I'm now so tempted to cook mee sua for my girl tml. I've tis pack tat my mil bought like last yr. Haa. Tink I gotta buy new one. Gotta find small pack. Better play safe.

Mummies, Merry Christmas!!!

Mummies, Merry Christmas!!

Matthias gave me a very BIG xmas present this morning!!...he knocked himself onto the floor while crawling around....and now his left eye got "o mak kak" ... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] (smokey eye effect) ...

I dunno if i can apply zambuk onto his eyelid o not...scare later he rub his eyes....and the cream will go into his eye...

And ...should I bring him to see doctor??

Pixie: thanks for asking... Busy lor.. End year, somemore got staff resign so I go site to relief people

St: use the zam buk to rub the blue black.. Most important is make the blue black spread then will recover faster..

After rubbing just wipe away the zam bak la..

Merry merry X'mas to march babies :D :D may u have a blissful Xmas with yr family n love ones [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif])

Btw any mummy can intro any nice design of piglet cake? Now me already start looking for cake for the Big 1 haha.. But like not much choices for piglet design lei..

Mummies, my girl is down with running nose & cough. Applied baby Vicks for her but she still seems to b uncomfortable. Couldn't sleep well, think due to blocked nose. Wat else can I do??

Joc, I sometimes use seasalt spray (Sterimar) & Iliadin nose drop after the spray (maximum 5 days). At this age, they can also take antihistamine like Zyrtec.

Joc - Like pooh bear said... Sterimar spray to clear the nostrils then put iliadin drops. 0.01% one hor, don't purchase the wrong strength one...

My son is also taking zyrtec drops when got runny nose...

Pooh bear & Fel, where can I purchase stermar & iliadin? Or should I juz get Zyrtec drops? Can use for 9mths bb hor? Where to get? Btw how should I administer? When she's aslp or awake? I v scared my girl gets irritated n cry.

Sorry, so many questions.

Sterimar n iliadin from guardian n watsons.

Zyrtec i got from pd. Not sure if can buy OTC.

I apply when awake. USe my legs n hands to pin baby down, quick quick spray n clear the nostrils. then apply the iliadin drops.

Sure will cry one. i just do fast fast la. cos the bb can't breathe also xin ku, make him cry awhile to clear the nostril to make him feel better la..

Zyrtec is an oral syrup ah? Haa still tot it's some nose drops oso.

Dunno shd just bring her to pd coz not sure if these r suitable for her. Or I shd juz buy n try see if it heals. Tink my hubby sure won't allow me to get med n self administer on my girl one. Haa.

Hi mummies!!

How's your Christmas??

I eat and eat lol...

When my gal running/block nose I also adminster iladdin, sterimar and zrytec... zrytec works for my gal better then the other flu med given by GP... last time go GP, he say give Zrytec 3 drops in the morning then later on go PD, he prescribe 8 drops at night.. so after which when ever my gal got flu episode I will feed other flu med in the day then 8 drops Zrytec at night...

Sterimar can be used for all ages. Iliadin for infants has to be 0.01%. Zyrtec can be given from 6 months. Actually all are symptomatic treatment. They will heal by themselves.

Zyrtec drops for infant can be gotten from OTC?

I never see, haven go n see before la...

Pd says give 2 hrs before sleeping...

Happy holidays all!!!

Been so busy! I have a question I hope someone can advise... I haven't got my period, 10 months Bb has at least 1 FM day, I generally breastfeed in the AM before work n at night and I pump 1 or 2 times in the office, cept for weekends n public holidays, I'm on the POP as well so I'm pretty certain I'm not pregnant (god forbid) so I dont know if it's cos my period is FINALLY coming but I'm really light headed, nauses, major back ache/crap. Was it like that for the first period?? I don't recall it hurting when my period came after #1 at 7 mths, I don't usually feel this bad when I have my period.

TIA

I prefer seasalt spray (Sterimar) to Iliadin nose drop! Find it more effective...maybe because my boy struggled a lot and spray can reach the blocked area...

Mummies! Any good pillows to recommend? My boy sweats like mad on his dimple pillow...

Back