(2011/03) Mar 2011

been back from the gynae.

darn depressed so been keeping to myself for few hours.

scanned and see nothing. he said to let's hope that that the pregnancy is too early to see.

its either that or i might have m/c naturally.

hcg level still shows a positive so i will have to come back in 2 days time to check if the hcg increase or drop.

should i seek for a second opinion?

i really dont know what to think now..in a turmoil.

to make it worse, my boy is down with high fever since morning, got no appetite n complaining of stomach pains.

God is really testing me now.

lynzi - did ur gynae prescribed any medicine for u ??? perhaps at this pt in time, u have to try relax.. and at the same time, take care of ur boy.. and re-measure ur hcg in the next 2 days. if no med was prescribed, perhaps u should go get 2nd opinion. JW clinic busy..?

lynzi

if u have faith in this doc, then i suppose no need for 2nd opinion. especially since u r doin a blood test to confirm the doc opinion on scan in 2 days time. even if u go for a 2nd opinion, they will stil request for a blood test.

But if u juz hastily chose this doc bcos of emergency to ck on condition, u may want to arrange for another opinion with ur originally chosen n trusted gynea.

but since ur boy is also unwell. got someone to take care of him while u seek for another opinion? ur hubby can cmpy u?

Hope the best for u.

Lynzi.

I agree with poky, since u already took blood test, wat u can do now is too rest, try not to walk around too much, and i think even u go to anther gynae they will still do the same.. or mayb u can try seeing a TMC to get some medicine for "an tai" n "bu" back..

I have gone through this b4 n i understand how u feel, will pray for u n ur boy..

Lynzi, i agree with Blizzbless, take MC / leave to rest at home.. dont walk alot! if the bleeding still carry one for another 1-2 days, then u get another gynae to see for the 2nd opinion.

Meanwhile, dont stress yourself.. relax.. relax...

thanks ladies..

i have been resting in bed from morning.

blizzbless,

since u have gone thru this before, what did u do at that time?

did your gynae prescribe any meds?

i have been asking around and most ppl told me to expect pain if m/c but i dont feel any pain at all leh.

fish,

sadly i got no leave left.

used them up when my pils went overseas for 2 weeks.

gynae only gave me one day mc for today..never even tell me to bed rest or whatsoever..sighh

prestorabb,

JW clinic full today so i only went down to lawrence ang just now as its the nearest.

lynzi - my fren had red discharge during her 6th wk... and a GP, not gynae gave her 3 straight days of MC and "an tai medicine" and now she's into her 2nd trim. Seems that Lawrence Ang found it not so serious .. thats why gave u 1 day MC ? But nevertheless u shall take care of urself and not walk ard, carry heavy things etc.

Lynzi,

I had a scan, heartbeat is weak, was given some med n done a blood test, few day later done another blood test but unfortunately it does not double, scan again n the sac had strink abit, no more heartbeat, doc say i m/c.

Doc told me i can have a scan from other gynae if im in doubt or trust her n do a D&C.

I trusted her since i choose her as my gynae n booked for a D&C, on tat day of the D&C my gynae scan again to recomfirm it.. as expected.. thr is no more heartbeat so i go ahead with the D&C.

Lynzi, if u have no more leave n was given only 1 mc, y not take unpaid leave.. i think this is more important than work, company wont close down bcos of u. Rest well...

blizzbless... just came back from the gynae... now in 5w5d.. so can only see the sac .. haven't hear the heartbeat yet...

but gynae say the waterbag is in a good position and everything is ok... will be going germany for week this sat night.. be back only after 5 weeks.. so next check up will be able 11 weeks le.. hope everything is ok..

Blizzbless.. how many weeks are you in??seen yvonne chan already?

Jeraldin,

Did u tell gynae tat u are travelling?

Im only 4 weeks. so im seeing my gynae only next mth so tat i can see the heartbeat.

blizzbles.. yup i told her that i am travelling and she say it should be ok... although she did asked if I can dun go.. coz maybe she oso worried bah since now only 6 weeks...

she gave me some vit c and an tia yao to take for the next 3 weeks... just to be on the safe side..

Lynzi, since your gynae asks u to go back for further check up, u should rest as much as you can then 2 days later then go back and see how. If you doubt the result then by all means seek for 2nd opinion. Most importantly is u must get confirmation of the result, so no harm seeing two doctors. Be brave and strong coz you still have to take care of your boy.

Just to update abt my check up. Saw the sac growing bigger and I could hear my bb heartbeat already! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] gynae says gotta revisit in 2 weeks time and thereafter will change to once a month as up to week 8 is the most crucial part, so must make sure bb is growing well and normally.

going to see her on the 23rd august... think by then will be quite big liao... about 11 weeks le...

for my first preg.. she nv give me anything le..only the folic acid only... you went to see her recently only ah???

annie

congrats!

so how many weeks are you now ah??

my 1st visit to gynae will be at the end of week#8....a bit the...errr...late rite?

Jeraldin,

I haven go n see her yet..

I had a m/c in Jan so she give me Dupt to stand by n told me once i tested positve for my next pregnancy then take it. so now im on it lor.

Annie,

COngrat to you!! haha!!! then both of us will be seeing our gynaes in our 8th week... i will be seeing my gynae on 31st July.. but my gynae didnt say week 8 is the most critical part lei!!

btw u week 6 this week??? if u week 6 this week, that mean we reli on the same week..

btw, why some gynae give u gal 'an tai yao' but some gynae didnt give? like my gynae, he onli give me folic acid! tt's all..

so.. can i say, it is not reli a MUST to take 'an tai yao' at early of our pregnant stage??

Fish.. yah not necessary to always have an tai yao.. i didn't have that during my #1... only had folic acid till like 12 weeks then add on the other multivits

I think if you have no bleeding or if the gynae don't think your pregnancy is risky due to previous instances like m/c or wat.. maybe then no need...

for my case..,. i will not be in Singapore so maybe she feels it will be better if I just take the an tao yao to make sure everything will be ok.

Lynzi,

not really must have pain to have m/c. For my case, 2nd apt, there was heart beat. 2wks later, 3rd apt, the heart beat stopped. during the 2wks, no pain.

Fish Hu,

depends on individual stability of pregnancy. Usually only given if there cramps or pain. Or previous cases of mc. another personal tots is that mayb duphaston is quite ex. If pregnancy is stable, dun think dr will prescribe to patients to chalk up bills??

On a side note. may i ask other mommies who r takin duphaston, wat the charges? the clinic i go is 30 tabs for abt $45. Is there a cheaper way to buy??

poky,

but i have cramp.. and i told gynae i have cramp... but gynae said it is common to have cramp becoz the sac is growing.. something like tt...

I will ask gynae when i see him in two weeks time!!

then u said, your pervious one, had heartbeat then later part, the heartbeat stop... but u dont feel anything wrong... wow! reli scary wor!! tt means, every check up is very important and scary!!

Fish Hu

yep, when womb is growin, will also cause some cramps. But if too much of cramps or too much pain, may not also b not gd. When i had my first gal, i had cramps also. my gynea gave me duphaston to play safe when i mentioned i had cramps. n also bcos i had previous history of cysts.

yep. was totally unexpected to have mc during my 2nd pregancy. tot have heartbeat le, shld b stable n growing well le. was so happy n anitcipatin the growth when i went back for apt. totally lost it when we cannot detect heartbeat anymore.

now, i still keep comparin n scarin myself, stressed v much. cos v worried happened again. juz keep prayin that i can survive the 1st trimester.....

Fish, my gyane auto give me the utrogen pills, i guess it's his 'style'. Then i mouth itchy, told him I have cramps, then I kenna an extra jab on my hips.... -_-"

just saw Adrian Tan.

he said the lining of uterus is thin which is worrying but bb is still there.

he gave me jab and took blood test.

also gave me 3 days mc n told me to rest in bed.

wed i will need to come down again.

meanwhile he said pray really hard.

Hi mummies

I am new here and saw this post too,

can ah bui add me in? I saw that I am quite close to fish Edd too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif])

nickname: foolin

home: punggol

gyane: dr adrian tan

hosp: thomson medical centre

Edd: 5 march 2011

bb#2

thanks

Jeraldin, what an tai yao did your gynae give you? i'm also travelling in a couple of days but haven't seen gynae yet... now a bit worried...

hi mummies,

I'm new here. just tested positive yesterday. Should be in my 5th week only. Have been advised by my GP that I don't need to see my gynae till 2-3 weeks time.

Am feeling kinda lost now. This is our first.

Hope to get to know all you mummies more and learn from all your experiences.

Thks!

SunshineG... my gynae gave me Duphaston.... i think initially she dun intend to give me one.. but upon hearing that i will be travelling for 5 weeks... she gave me a 3 weeks course to take.. by then will be abt 9 weeks ...

so maybe could be like wat some mummies say... the first 8 weeks is more critical.. so tt's why she prescribe for me till 9 weeks so that it will be over that critical period bah...

hihi

pls add me in....

hihi

do add me in the table...

Nickname :Gal

Home :Bedok

EDD :not sure yet

Gynae: Dr WK Tan

Hospital: TMC

BB# : 4

Lynzi : my sis in law also went to see the gynae very early and cannot see anything, went 1 week later and baby was there.....so it might be too early dun worry to much now....

its good to see gynae at 7-8 weeks...or else many many worries....I always see my gynae at 8 weeks....

yup, i think so .. i plan to see my gynae end Jul which abt 8 weeks. Last week happen i got some bleeding, and my dr is not around so i went to KK 24hrs clinic. The charges quite exp, i paid for 99 for check-up and 46 for medicine.

Think i shd go back to my #1 gynae Dr Heng, feel comfortable with her. She only attached to East Shore Hospital, i heard my friend said the charges not cheap. Will find out more for my next visit.

morning mummies!

km mummy

i also intend to visit my gynae at end jul which is about 8 weeks. but I am scared - this is my #2 and when i had #1, i had MS all day long and it just assures me that the bb is growing etc. right now i have no symptoms and im afraid that *choi choi* bb is not doing well....so for peace of mind, im going for a scan this thur....

in the end im reverted back to a kancheong mummy as though im having #1 like that......lol

thanks for the wishes n prayers, ladies.

Thank God for iphone..if not i will be so bored just lying in bed.

pixiepixel,

yah rite now i feel as if i'm having no 1 with all these complications happening.

even Adrian Tan said i must be quite shocked n panicky cos with my no 1 it was smooth sailing all the way.

Good morning ladies!

Pixiepixel, I think I am week 6+ now... Fish, really same as you I guess? Coz ytd my gynae told me my EDD changes to 6th March again after scanning my bb. He says the EDD will keep changing until the bb is big and stable then he will be able to estimate a more firm EDD by then. Fish, my next visit also 31st July leh!! so coincidence!

I also have an tai yao and folic acid... so been popping pills everyday (day and night). My gynae says not week 8 most crucial part, is the beginning till week 8... coz the sac is small and growing, so must monitor well... then subsequently will just need to go check up every month until last trimester maybe need to go check up every week liao... luckily last trimester is under package, if not pocket sure burn a big hole! hehe...

Lynzi, at least today you have a slightly positive news. We'll be praying for you and baby. You just rest well and stay positive! Jia you!

lynzi

that means we are reversed. right?

your #1 was smooth sailing, now #2 is opp

mine #1 was quite bad, now #2 smooth sailing....

both panicking, LOL

morning mummies

hav been having cramps since ydae evening. wonder if its due to uterus expanding or wat. gotta wait till tmr den ask my dr. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

iemik0, if your cramp is severe and continues non-stop, better give your gynae a call later to check. Don't wait until tomorrow.

annie

i think we are at the same time....

but in the first place, we count # of weeks from 1st day of last menses issit? i quite blur when it comes to counting coz i never bothered much when i had #1

I also quite confused about the counting... So just leave it to gynae to estimate and advise us. haha... We also can't predict bb wanna come early or later.. hehe

Back