(2011/02) Feb 2011

slept ard 3 am last night.

trying to weigh my options abt child care.

I used to work 5 hours, but considering turning full time as cost of child care X..

but my heart bu she de my little gal...

sigh

Do you think our breasts will shrink now 1 month post delivery?

Today I pump milk abt 150ml from each side altho breast not hard or engorged.

wondering whether it is safe now to buy nursing bra.

but I think cant really find, BP most sell up to D cup, suspect now I'm a DD or E cup liao.

but mothercare or marks spencer very expensive.

@ Huang FangFang : ytd went for my gynae checkup... Appt was at 630pm and I'm the 13 th patient in queue... Doctor gt held up and I went to walk walk first... Seen doctor ard 8 plus instead...

Anyway, disappointed Bb nt ready to come out yet... Bb's weight drop slightly... Last week weighs 3.6kg but ytd drop to 3.59kg... Worries me alittle as I thought shdnt drop leh... But doctor didn't say anything. Nt sure, he notice the difference in Baby's weigh...

He say he will let Bb go overdue since I'm not dilated. My Edd is tomorro. But, doctor says if nth happens I've to admit on 27 night n probably give birth on 28th... Hubby quickly check calender to see this mth gt 29th anot... Lolx!! Cos he scare baby birthday falls on leap years... Haha ~ :p

was feeling ok, until I alighted ... Felt intense menses cramp for abt 5 to 10 mins n I couldn't walk... Stand there n wait till better... Afternoon felt two cramps with one hr interval... Thought was last night Bb's special day... But nth leh... ;(

how abt u Fang Fang? Anthing on ur side?? U seeing doc tomorro???

Ah Ching - is the $1.2k after subsidy? I understand now infant care for some can be as low as $300+ (after subsidy) but i am not sure of the quality. 1.2k is really a lot and if you were to weigh the opportunity cost, it might be more worth to look after the kids by yourself, since you are working part-time anyway. Unless you really like your job very much.

I just came back from checkup and everything seems good. About 2cm dilated and cervix is ripening but perhaps slow. Anyway, i will check in the labour ward on 28th in the morning and if still no contractions, will be put on drip to induce.

Ah Ching,

It is hard to say unsafe. I am mother of 3 and I just leave my kids to the maid..:p maybe i am lousy mother..haha

how about any nanny living nearby? i know there is a really good one living in yishun

Hi mummies...

Papa here.Mummy delivered Baby Beibei at TMC at 1255 earlier.

Checked in last nite at 10.30pm - 2-3 cm dilated 

Insert pill to induce and cramps started all nite.

8am - Entered labour ward on drip, still 2-3 cm and baby is high. Dr Ang burst the water bag

11.30am - Hubs went to makan and Dr Ang called to suggest emergency C-sect as still at 3cm but baby showing weakness.

12.25pm - Baby delivered via C-sect. 3.115kg and 49 cm long.. no wonder cannot pass through.

Now mummy sleeping....papa going to stay in..kekeke

Good luck and smooth delivery to all mummies

moomoo: there's a really good nanny in yishun? recommend lei..

my elder one CC is 540 after subsidy.

nanny fees 600 no subsidy.

infant care usually cost 1.4k, after 600 subsidy still need to fork out abt 700..

I need to work cos hubby income unstable, so now considering working full time.

or put my gal with MIL or SIL

now leaning towards working full time.. cos it seems the most hassle free option.

only thing is I am afraid being away from the children for such long hours.

jessyy: not say you bad mother..

cos my hubby's friends have very bad experience so my hubby phobia..

for my number 1, I was SAHM for 11 months and I am the hands on type of mummy..

so now number 2 cant be SAHM I feel guilty and also afraid that BB will not be close to me..

I also afraid BB just want the maid.. I will feel very sad.

Ah Ching, I do agree leaving with maid alone is not safe especially our bb and elder still so young. Accidents just happen in split second. Also dunno when they'll go crazy. Maybe I read too much newspaper.

I can understand that you're afraid that your kids will be closer to the maid cuz that's wad I'm going through now. I'm sahm and I've been hands on on my elder boy since birth. Now I dun really want the maid to carry him. But I can see that the maid is unhappy about it.

jeanie: ya lor.. last time I always bring my son to my mum's place..

my son will take his nap or his food whenever the maid ask him to..

worse is when he kisses the maid also..

when I put him with nanny last time I also jealous when I see him going to her when he falls down and ask for hug, sigh.

Hi all, I have been a silent reader all these while. Just like to update :

Edd : 22 Feb

Add : 18 Feb

Baby : Damien

Weight : 3.165

Thanks for the update. @choc

To the rest of the mummys who are still waiting for your precious to arrive, the wait won't be too long. Jia You!!!

Ah Ching - i don't know of any good nanny, think jessyy is the one who knows of a good nanny in Yishun. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sigh... Stuck in hospital now. Feel less baby movements so I went to the hospital to check. As I have a C sec before, doctor will not allow me to check out now. I have to be examined overnight. Did 2 CTG. Baby heartbeat is strong but no contraction. My cervix is opened 2 cm. If heartbeat slows, I will be pushed in for a C sec immediately.

Cannot be induced in case I rupture my old scar.

Anyone who has done VBAC and yet induced birth before? Will appreciate any advice...

hi mommies,

can i check with you how much did you pay for confinement lady (the ones which stayed with you during CNY). Is $2200 too little? I am paying my auntie..want to pay market rate you see..

These 2 days my bb super cranky!! Kept waking up 5-10min after I put her on her bed and cry!! I feels like crying too when she does this. Finally free to login to read the posts now.

@Joan & Hubby: Congratulations on your NB!! Did you went thru GA or Epidural c-sect?

@FangFang: How big is your no.2 and how come your no.2 is c-sect? Then no.1 is natural?

@Ah Ching: You can try buying from this seller.

http://myfavecollection.blogspot.com/

@OFB: Your wife stayed in single bedded ward?

@Val: If your boy prefers NUK teats then can consider giving him NUK bottles too?

@MamaYing: I can't seem to find a comfortable position to latch while lying down. Hmm.. Won't your nipples get sore when he kept suking on 1 side?

Maybe can give xuan your EBM? I heard bigger kids can drink the BM we produce now so it won't be wasted.

RE: Diapers

May I know what brands comes with the urine indicator for size s and above? So far those which I used all don't have..

Zanta: one side then the next feed the other sidelor but it takes practise and baby must be close to u if not pulling on ur nipple. I stopped feeding him lying down le. My sis says baby still small n I fall asleep like a log later I sleep on him n suffocate him...

The ebm I feed him first feed in morning so can pump out more and also about 5 plus when supply low. Cos he sometimes sleepy feeder, like tt at least can ensure he gets hind milk ba, next mon go pd then can see how much weight he has gained.

Today he reflux a bit twice, then cry like he is uncomfortable also, finally he feels better after burping him.

Dun cry k, rest when baby sleeps. In afternoon my baby also cranky. Think he wants carry or be with us. He sleep abt half hour will cry. vEry tired too cos try to nap but when fall asleep he cries. Jia you! Just take each day as it comes and cater to baby's needs [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

moomoo: pai seh.. read the post too fast liao.

jessyy: can u recommend the good nanny in yishun?

zanta: thanks for the link. the price seems reasonable.

Hi en xuan, any news? I am being discharged today. No regular contractions. Cannot be induced due to previous c sec. So have to just walk more to induce naturally.

Hi Mummies, sorry to disturb..

Would like to enquiry if you have any good confinement auntie to recommend?

Please PM me their contacts. Thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Fangfang: Is your gynae pro VBAC? May I know what's the reason of cannot induce since it's also giving birth via virginal just like waiting for spontaneous labour? And may I also know you gave birth to your no.2 how many years ago?

@Ah Ching: Ya, their prices are reasonable and they carry big sizes.

@OFB: Then they charge you 2 different rates or single bedded for the 2 nights?

@MamaYing: I'm also afraid that I'll sleep on my girl when I try to latch her while lying down. Hehe.. Do you burp him when you do latch when lying down?

My girl reflux quite often le.. Maybe it's coz I never burp her enough/properly. This morning she reflux again after crying, I'm so worried that she got not enough to drink.. My mum guess her crankiness is due to the pain on her belly button as her umbilical cord is still attached after 16 days.

@Gina: Thanks for the link and recommendation. Is Goon diapers better or Mamy Poko's? I find Mamy Poko quite good but got no urine/wetness indicator.

@Val: Then temporary buy NUK teats for him first and slowly intro him Pigeon's teats. Or maybe can sell your Pigeon bottles away?

zanta: i find mamy poko better.. GOON leaks sometimes.. just last night, i didnt check the urine indicator before i feed my boy, his urine leaked onto my bed while i was latching him lying down.. =(

Just got discharged and reached home. Irregular contractions.

@zanta: cannot induce in case of uterine or scar rupture. Gave birth to my second one four years ago.

zanta:

Long story. They charged me single bedded package less $255 room rate difference for first night. I question them, single and four bedded package difference is $900+. The room rate difference is only $255 x 2 nights is $510, how come package difference is $900+. Where the extra $400+ come from. She could not quite explain clearly to me. I ask her why don't she use the 4 bedded package and add $255 instead (like that is $400+ cheaper lor) and all she say is they always use the higher price.

So to upgrade in the middle of the stay is really not worth it ... it's a big day for us so i don't want to make a scene out of it and accept it. I still wonder single and four bedded package is not just the room rate difference, where the additional $400+ came from? Does it mean we get better nurse? more expensive medicine? better service? but no le... the room my wife occupy is the same floor, just a few doors away... same nurse, same food, same medicine, same nursery .. only room bigger but isn't that the room rate difference $255 is for. So what is the $400+ about?

@Gina: Thanks thanks.. Hmm.. Then I'll stick with Mamy Poko for night use in case of leakage.

@Fangfang: IC.. Is 4 years enough to try for VBAC?

@OFB: My hubby wanted to let me stay in 1 bedded initially but after asking more, I decided not to coz the admission staff told us everything will be much more x which I also don't understand why.. And the 1 bedded for that day is also full and I'm afraid they won't offset the price. But lucky for me as my room mate only has her husband as visitor throughout her stay and I'm quite sorry about it as I'd got visitors for both days. =p

Mummies,

I feel so inadequate as a mum.

Milk supply not enough. I can't even carry my bb well.

Each time she cried and I carried & talked to her, she seemed fine for e first few seconds, but after that she will stretch here and there and cried even louder. But she is fine after I passed her back to my CL.

How? I am so afraid that I can't handle her when my CL leaves.

@ Huang FangFang : ytd went for my gynae checkup... Appt was at 630pm and I'm the 13 th patient in queue... Doctor gt held up and I went to walk walk first... Seen doctor ard 8 plus instead...

Anyway, disappointed Bb nt ready to come out yet... Bb's weight drop slightly... Last week weighs 3.6kg but ytd drop to 3.59kg... Worries me alittle as I thought shdnt drop leh... But doctor didn't say anything. Nt sure, he notice the difference in Baby's weigh...

He say he will let Bb go overdue since I'm not dilated. My Edd is tomorro. But, doctor says if nth happens I've to admit on 27 night n probably give birth on 28th... Hubby quickly check calender to see this mth gt 29th anot... Lolx!! Cos he scare baby birthday falls on leap years... Haha ~ :p

was feeling ok, until I alighted ... Felt intense menses cramp for abt 5 to 10 mins n I couldn't walk... Stand there n wait till better... Afternoon felt two cramps with one hr interval... Thought was last night Bb's special day... But nth leh... ;(

how abt u Fang Fang? Anthing on ur side??

jolin, dun feel that way.. i also had problem carrying my boy initially.. no matter how i try to coax him, he just cant stop crying, until my husband or my parents and parents0in-law carried him..

but while they carry him, i observe the way they carry.. what position soothes him, or how he needs to be rocked to quiet down..

i try to adapt how they carry, now when i carry my boy.. i'm able to calm him down le..

dun be disheartened.. we're all learning how to take care of our bbs.. just calm ur mind down and learn from how others do it.. you can do it one!

@zanta: can try Vbac after 2 years. My gyne being extra careful hence cannot induce.

@en xuan: I might go for the same date as yours if contractions are not regular by then. But mine will have to be C sec... Really trying to avoid that. I am already 2 cm dilated but no regular contractions...

En Xuan, don't worry. That time I'm also have the same problem as u. I'm 0cm dilated but I having mense cramp also not regular but I give birth on the 20feb but my edd is 19feb.

I have irregular contraction around 14feb but the feeling of menses cramp pain hit on 18Feb midnight. Thought I going give birth keep look got labour sign but none.

19feb morning saw brown spotting call my gynae he said I still have long way to go. Yet i feeling very sleepy n tired n cramp feel on n off.. So I hack care i went out shopping n go walk around shopping until 8pm then go home by that time my contraction getting more n more painful.

En Xuan walk around more if too sleepy n tired just sleep n rest. =)

I dilated very fast within 4hrs my bb have out. =)

Jolin, don't be sad. I also ah. Learning how to be a mother n how to latch my bb girl. Having problem latch her on my right breast n also she make a big fuss at night. Having not enough sleep n super tired. Nvm we must Jia you. At least u have a CL to guide u now so u can learn as much as possible after she leave.

Body getting heaty as drink too much red dates tea n ate many gingers. Throat super painful n having flu.

Mummies,

Thanks for your encouragement

Gina, Wish_Child,

I feel myself very clumsy. I noticed my bb response to my voice actually. Everytime i talk to her, she seemed calm down a bit, but the way i carry her really can't make it. I can see her very uncomfortable, stretch and end up cry louder and harder. I think i've developed phobia to carry her now.

I observed the way my CL carries bb. I try to carry bb in that way but not very successful. Sometimes works, some times don't. And that makes me very scared to face the day without my CL later. Although my friend and family all tell me that when time comes (i need to handle bb), i will know what to do as she is my child. But i really have no confident leh.

Sometimes i feel jealous that my bb is so close to the CL. Sigh... i really feel quite lost and don't know how to manage after my CL leave.

Sigh, why am i so stupid and clumsy? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Jolin: Stay strong. You will get used to carrying your girl. Everyone goes through the same learning curve :D Things will work out.

Jolin,

Dont feel bad. Once your confinement lady leaves, you will have no choice but to handle baby yourself and i think you will actually find it less pressuring when the confinement lady is not watching you hold the baby. And your confidence will grow.

Regarding inadequate breast milk, I experienced that with me first pregnancy. Because of wrong latching technique, i had sore nipples and had a phobia of pumping milk, so i often delayed pumping times and as a result my supply dropped and could not be brought up again. I gave up after 3 months and switched to fm, and it was a relief for me! My boy is very strong so if you are finding it too hard, it is ok not to breastfeed.

So if you wanna increase it, you might have to pump every 2.5 or 3 hours. It's really true becasue this time my supply is better...my latch technique is still not good though..hahaha.

Hi mummies,

Ah Ching - Thanks for the wishes

Zanta - It was epidural C -sect. Wanted to try natural but baby head too big.. 43 cm

Tried BF over the 2 days, hope milk will come in tomorrow. Mrs Wong came by today and said it should be fine.. latching on the right way.

Tonite baby hungry after feeding on 2 side (15 mins) each, decided to ask nursery to supplement with cup feeding (similac) before milk coming in..

Can someone add me to the facebook group? [email protected]

Jolin, relax and stay calm. No matter who looks after ur baby, ur baby will know u r the mommy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] also when u carry baby, bring baby close to u, best on the left then can hear ur heartbeat. Dun be scared or tense as baby can feel it. Baby already responding to ur voice isn't it good? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] stay positive n happy and baby will know all ur hard work is for her.

Continue to learn to be a confident mommy, ur baby learning to adapt to life outside womb as well. CL carry so many babies before of course more experienced. Jia you and adopt the just do it and do my best attitude [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bigflamingo, Mama Ying,

Thanks for your encouragement.

I think because being first time mum and have no one to help, thus make me feel extra worry and scare when handling bb.

My MIL is very old already (85 years) while my mum is not in Sg. Sometimes I really envy those who have MIL or own mum who can help with. But I know I can't rely on other's help forever. E bb is mine and I will take care of her eventually. But e current condition is a really great blow to me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I will Jia you for I love my bb so dearly.

And I hope I will master e way of carrying her asap.

God bless.

Jolin, I guess your problem is you're very tense when carrying your baby? Cuz last time when I had my elder, my Hubby had the same situation as you. He is very scare to carry nb and whenever I let him try, our elder becomes cranky. Slowly he dun touch anymore till about 4mths. Now with our second boy, he can handle well. Wad I wanna tell you is, pls relax when carrying. A lot thinks that nb is very very fragile, thus very scare and tense. But the truth is, a full term nb is a lot stronger then wad we perceive. Pls relax and be gentle and firm in carrying. Think that you are a nb and how would you want to be carried. Cradle hold is the safest but I feel that placing nb tummy on our chest makes them super comfy. Cuz both my boys can sleep till mouth open shiok shiok in this position. Keep trying. Turn your love for your bb to encouragement.

HI Jolin

I also faced the same fear as u and worse i injured my right wrist 1month before birth , The pain is very bad and i feel pain even when i write. Carrying baby now is a tedious work for me and i can only breast feed baby on one breast and pump the other...

Lets jia you together ba...i also feel so down everytime i fail to carry her when she's crying , hope my wrist recover faster =X

@Jolin: As you're learning how to carry your girl, I'm learning how to burp my girl. I believe practice makes perfect so let's jia you jia you jia you together!!

@Joan: At least you tried but as long as you and bb are safe and healthy, it doesn't matter which form of method you brought your bb outta this world. Me too, went under the knife as my bb is too big.

As for MS, mine sorta kick in on the 3rd night. I felt so engorged and couldn't fall asleep that I went to ask for bb to BF as I did not bring my breast pump along. I think TMC's papaya fish soup does help alot so you must drink it.

@wish_child: You so fast feeling sore throat already? I'm having abit on and off and I told my mum about it then she cooks the longan drink more bland. Is your mum helping you with your confinement? Maybe can let her know?

@Fangfang: 2 years is enough to try for VBAC? I thought need to wait for afew more years. But is your gynae encouraging you to try it?

Back