(2011/02) Feb 2011

OK mummies, iam having contractions now, but still bearable. I am hoping tt i can 'ren' till reunion dinner, coz was really looking fwd to it.

really resist going to hospital now (even though its #3) coz i know once i go in, i can't come out. supposed to have reunion lunch wif my parents in the afternoon then reunion dinner wif my in laws in the evening.

was at TMC yest for check up, they have a poster that promises lots of hampers for all bbs born on 3 feb! arrgh... dunno if my little boy can tahan until then or not...its only 10plus am now!

Hi mummies,

Have been MIA very long, and was only silently reading all yr comments throughout this pregnancy. Now, waiting to pop.. So quite free. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ah ching,

For yr extra breast milk, u can actually store them in freezer for 3 months. Otherwise, u can also use the EBM to bath yr baby- very good for their skin.. U can also use cotton dapped with yr EBM, squeeze dry and wipe on yr baby eye-lid when cleaning the face. They believe baby's eyelash can grow longer with that. But only applicable for new-borns.

Hope this helps. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Idaar: Congratulations!! Your delivery sounds like a breeze.. You don't have to push and your bb just swim out, how nice.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Clio: How is your contractions going? Hope you get to at least have your reunion lunch before giving birth.

Wow.. All babies born on 3rd Feb'11 will get lotsa hampers? So nice.. But I wonder if this applies to induce and c-sect babies or not.

@Val: Not 1st but born on 3rd Feb'11 also ok la. Hehe.. Hope your wish will come true..

@MamaYing: Maybe call your gynae up and ask him regarding the control of urine?

Today's weather seems to be better, hope you gotta sun your bb abit.

@wish_child & Zanta: My baby's head not engaged yet. Haha! But gynae did a CTG & realise my contraction is very frequent & consistent. She asked me to close my legs & don't walk so much. "Close my legs" sounds so... Lol~ But anyway she's very sure he'll be a rabbit. Yeah!! Don't think he can be the first though cos if so by now should start to have feeling liao. So no ang pao. Hopefully don't be 2nd one. Haha! If not very heart pain. =p Next appointment will be next wed. The nurse said might not need to see. Haha! Gynae said latest by week 41 my baby has to come out. If not will have to induce. But cos my amniotic fluid is still good so no need to induce now. Tomorrow onwards I have to start to tell him to come out liao. So scared. Hee...

And I finally managed to get 2 dresses from bukit panjang plaza! Don't know will have chance to wear anot. =p But my sil said I can wear during baby shower. Haha! So nervous now..

Wish chil n zanta: yes will observe the urine control and let my gynae know next monday when I see him. Think I better do my pelvic floor exercises reguarly too. Hubby think maybe I had massage yesterday then maybe accidentally press on bladder? I dunno cos from delivery till last night everything was fine. So he ask me to stop massage for a while...

Today went hosp to scan baby's forehead again for jaundice. 12.2 has gone down but wed will review again. Scan once $50...$$$ lucky no need see pd today.

Yes it's a good sunny day today [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] mommies in confinement, starhub is showing almost all channels free till mon we noon if u are a subscriber! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Zanta: I reached Dr Ang's clinic around 11.20am, think u had left. So what is Dr advise to you? Waiting for spontaneous labour until ur EDD?

Idaar: ur delivery was fast and smooth, u didn't even have to push n bb already out. Congrats n rest well.

Wannabel: great that ur bb was discharged n able to celebrate CNY together.

Mamaying: yes, pelvic floor exercises might help, do more n see how. Don't worry too much, u will recover soon, can always check with gynea.

Happy CNY to all mummies. Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!

Congrats again to those who had popped, rest well n have a good confinement.

For those who are waiting to pop, wishing u all safe n smooth delivery.

@SLim: Congratulations on the arrival of your boy.

@Idaar: Who who? Is it Clio?

@Grace: Ya, I left the clinic already but was eating at the food court with my hubby and friends.. That day he took a 3D pic of my bb after i asked him if can see my bb's face of not then commented that since can see around half of my bb's face, meaning bb not in a good position. But after scanning and doing VE, he asked me if I wanna induce or not and I said no because I wanna wait for rabbit year and also because I'm still 1cm dilated only. After that he explained I only got like 50% to give birth naturally and warned me about bb's shoulder might get stuck in vaginal which really freaked me out. I'll be seeing him next mon and I'll probably be choosing a date for c-sect as my hubby thinks that he is hinting me to just go for the op..

Hereby wishing all Mummies Happy CNY 2011. Welcome to the year of rabbit!! To those mummies who are waiting for a rabbit baby (including myself), we can rest assure that our babies will be one of them already. And to those mummies who had given birth, pls stay happy and positive. ;)

Happy CNY mummies..

so excited, want to see whether we have any CNY baby??

whose given birth at 0000hrs??

Zanta, glad ur wish has come true for rabbit BB liao..

mamaying: I also have incontinence prob.. cos having cough..

my lochia very little but pad useful for the leakage prob.. think our muscle havent recover..

idaar who ? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i am excited too!

zanta and all happy chinese new year!

ah ching during pregnancy, i cough or smeeze will leak but now i can control. it's when i pee then i like cant stop the flow until bladder is empty. an very worried but will continue to strengthen the muscles n consult dr ba.

Hi mummies...

anyone planned for BB's full month already?

Will not be hosting any parties as Daddy will be overseas. so thinking of ordering full month cakes.

anyone got recommendation for cheap and nice full month cakes?

anyway must give red eggs is it?

also we need to bring BB ti tou on full month right.. any barber or salon will do or must go to those special BB salon?

there's one at Northpoint but I think those ladies very unpro when I brought my elder son for his hair cut.

any recommendation for salon in Yishun area?

Hi mummies!!! Happy cny!!! =D

Wonder who's the lucky mummy to get the big ang pao! Hehehe...

@Zanta: Congrats!! We're going to have a rabbit baby!! =D

Happy CNY dear mummies!

For those whose darlings have arrived, do enjoy welcoming in the new year with them ... and for those who are still waiting like me, it will be very soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I've been told the true rabbit year only starts on 2nd day of CNY after 1230 hr ... is this true?? If so, those of us who are hoping for rabbit baby ... just hang on abit more!!! Haha ... I keep swinging between wanting a rabbit baby, and telling myself that baby will come out when he's ready, whether tiger or rabbit ... but we are so close..so just hang in there for another day to truly welcome in the rabbit year!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Have a great weekend ahead!

Idaar: who gave birth at 0000hr?

Zanta: ic... I think Dr Ang wanna u to get prepared, so u won't be so panic in case cannot give birth naturally n need go for csect. Think that's y he keep saying about 50% chances. Most important is both bb & you are safe n healthy during delivery, and not the way of delivery.So don't be so frustrated in case u need go for csect. Talk to ur bb ask her comes out this few days, then u don't need to decide on the csect date.

Ah Ching, I planned the full month party for Emma already. Sat lunch and dinner for his relatives and mine. And then Sunday lunch for friends. We order from Mei Hao catering. $11.80 per pax. Min 30 pax. This is their CNY pricing.

Also bot clothes for the party for Emma and myself. Sigh. I still look fat. Dunno how to slim down since eating so much for confinement. Heck lah... Slim down later. Hehe...

Breastmilk storage. I am down to last three glass bottles and there after will be freezing cubes in my ice tray (with cover). And then dropping them into ziplock bags. Maybe group them by weeks. Tested each ice cube is 30ml. Just nice!

Happy Lunar New Year to all mummies here..

MamaYing and Moomoo73 - thanks for ur encouragement.. Guess u r right... must learn to chill a little, then maybe things will be right.. but i suppose the sleep deprivation, hormanal changes and physical discomforts of confinement all adds up to make me very touchy lor... today it's just hubby and me at home with baby.. feeling more relaxed already!

Mamaying - hope ur urine issue is better now.. i felt abit of pain when pee-ing just now.. abit worried that it's UTI.. also wondering if it's due to my massage cos didn't hv pee problems b4 that..

Ah Ching - I'm also starting to think abt my baby's first mth liao.. heheh, though he's only 10days old.. i think red eggs are not compulsory these days.. as for cakes, there's bengawan solo and prima deli if u want it to be hassle-free.. actually, if ur hubby not around to help u, perhaps u can consider just giving vouchers from these cake shops instead? more convenient to distribute...

Mami B - ur post on breastmilk storage quite interesting.. ma chiam like doing science experiment [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] May I know if there's any particular reason why u freeze the milk in ice cube trays? easier to measure out the portions? so u are giving baby EBM completely or also latching him on? I abit tempted to give mine EBM so i can catch more sleep at nite. but some bfding books that i read discourage feeding thru the bottle cos can cause nipple confusion and also disrupt building up of supply.. sigh..

mamiB: as long as cont to bf, think we'll regain our pre-pregnancy size by Full Month..

still got time to slim down

kinder: yeah, guess it is more convenient to give vouchers.. haha but feel like cake more symbolic of BB full month..

anyway will only be giving immediate family members. so wont be ordering too many boxes.

re: pee prob.

massage will have pee problem?

I never have post natal massage, is it very shiok?

kinder: I think once u are comfortable and successful at bfg, can give BB bottle.

My gal has taken bottle in hospital and also when admitted for jaundice, but so far no nipple confusion.

actually, u can try breastfeeding lying down and sleeping with BB.

What I do is I will put some diapers and wet wipes on my bed.

Change BB diaper and bf before I go to sleep. Normally ard 12 am

will only need to wake up 2-3 hours later to bf.

normally will bf lying down. normally ard 3 am

just turn BB to face u and let BB latch.. I'll cont to 'sleep' when she's feeding.

normally will not burp her and go back to sleep when she drifts off to sleep.

will change her diaper only when she fusses.

2nd time I wake up will be ard 5 am, then will latch and change her diaper.

3rd time wake up is ard 7 am. will sit up and latch and will burp BB.

BB usually returns to sleep until 9+ am

so thruout the night, I dont really need to get up or be very awake.. this way works well for me.

And I also co-sleep with my son.

one on the left, one on the right.

my son usually sleeps thru even when mei mei cries.

downside is that some parents who want to sleep train BB may not want to co-sleep.

ah ching - yep... the massage very shiok! i'm into my 4th session liao... look fwd to it everyday, cos it's like a precious hr of me-time... and the lady helped expel some blood clots in me too... quite thankful for that, cos these cld apparently develop into fibroids if left inside... let me know if u need her contact!

Ah ching n kinder- yes massage shiok cos she also press on breast and I actually have a lot of milk just tt I dunno how to release then my breasts quite lumpy.

Kinder- good to know u r feeling better. Perhaps hormonal or just cny period then can't go my mom's place. Kept crying the whole evening too until fall asleep. Naybe too tired, feel better today. Jia you once confinement over we will feel better, baby will be easier to handle also.

Ah ching I dunno leh just a tot from hubby tt maybe massage did press on bladder a bit cos from deliver till massage I nv leak urine. So I put off my massage till next week when I see dr.

I am still waiting to send my girl to eager beavers [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] think only april then new class opens.

I think u have a good night feeding plan. I am tired. Everytime baby cry I jump up quickly try to latch him in case wake my girl n hubby they r light sleepers. Then change diaper I got to bring him to the hall. Have to keep moving around :/

re; breastfeeding

I am on full latch on n expressing too, not a lot maybe only 80ml each time then put in fridge, 2 fays' time I dun feed then I got to throw but I was thinking too little to freeze also. What say you all mommies? So now maybe once or twice I will give ebm then other times I latch. He is still sleepy and latch maybe 5-10min every 2 hours at night and I dun think he got the hindd milk so sometime ebm can give him tt...

kinder: Ha Ha, I dont have so good fu qi to have massage..

mamaying: u must be very tired, have to bring BB to hall to change diapers...

why not just sleep in the hall with BB?

my son will also wake up when mei mei cry during the first few days and when he was sleeping on the floor beside my bed.

so I allow him to sleep with me on the bed then he stopped waking up when mei mei cries now.

I think we just need to let elder one get used to it.

maybe u dont have to be so jumpy and monitor for a few nights.

maybe your gal wont wake up when BB cries?

mamaying: if u think BB not getting hind milk. you can latch on the same breast 2 times in a row. this can ensure BB get hind milk.

but I know some BB latch 10 mins can get hind milk liao.

it depends on how your breast feel.

if it is softer and feels empty then prob bb already got the hind milk.

regarding EBM, how many times are u expressing?

i think we should freeze up some EBM cos we need to stock up some ss in case we cant breastfeed.

like when we fall sick or when BB going thru growth spurt..

I just finished reading a book on breastfeeding and that's what's recommended.

@princess31- ya it's true. For 2011 Rabbit Year, it will start on 4 Feb at 1232hr!

So any mummies pop today?

Ah ching: yeah I tot abt sleeping in hall but tt means sleeping on sofa n baby on rocker leh...

And thanks for infor regarding ebm. I pump maybe 2-3 times a day. Abt 80-100ml each time depending on whether I just latch or not. Think will start to store some in freezer ba...

Hello mummies,

No, i'm not the 0000hr lucky mummy :p

My little prince Samuel chose to be a tiger baby..he arrived 4.49pm on 2/2/11.

Idaar, who is the 0000hr mummy and bb? So curious!

Btw, for the mummies who have popped, when did yr breast milk start coming in? It's day 2 already, still no milk leh.. worried.

mamaying - hope u are feeling better after the cry.. anyway, really admire u, ching and all second time mummies here who hv to handle newborn and toddler! must be super tiring!

ebm - yup, i also read that we shld store some for emergencies but shldn't feed baby milk that's kept too long cos the composition of our milk changes all the time to fit the devlopmt stage of our babies. so if we give 2mth old milk stored at 4wks, baby may not be getting the necc nutrients needed.

Clio - congrats on the arrival of baby samuel. My supply only came in only abt day 7.. but i think the baby's needs are quite minimal at day 2 so dun worry too much k?

kinderbueno: If milk comes in only ard day 7, did you give yr bb FM in the meantime? I can't remember for my #1 liao, for my #2,my milk camein since day 2 and she latched very well.

clio - i didn't supplement with fm leh. i guess in my case, ignorance is bliss. Cos i did hv a teeny weeny bit of colostrum those first few days. baby started fussing more and more from day 3 onwards and keep waking up every hr. now on hindsight it's prob cos my ss not enuff so poor baby juz survived on that meagre milk that i cld give him. May hv just succumbed to fm if i knew it was cos my ss not enuff! But then again, i think it's fine to supplement with fm.. My colleague's wife also had problems with ss and she supplemented with fm too.. Another friend said can use glucose water to supplement too

ladies....

i am very free now...surfing net... happen to see pampers active got promo for size S....can stock up unless ntuc now the price cheaper than this lar...so far i tink quite a good buy...so went to order a few pkt + the newborn one at $7.50...

this is for pampers active ($14.9 +1.44 for size S)

http://goods.gmarket.com.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=400967693

this is for newborn pampers $7.50 nia

http://goods.gmarket.com.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=400968070

also considering this miracle blanket to swaddle my boy...i actually got a kiddopotamus..(duno how to spell) hand down from #1...and serving its purpose well...

hehee...tempted lar...

http://goods.gmarket.com.sg/GMKT.INC/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=401307683&jaehuid=200000157&cmpnCode=12798&pct=332493

lastly this brand called Goo.N is also having offer now $14.90 for 58 pc of newborn is very cheap!!! hmmmm....anyone tried?

http://goods.gmarket.com.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=400815691

Kinder, I latch on for all feeds between seven am to seven pm. At night, my 10:30pm and 2:30am feeds are by bottle. The next feed is 7am by latching on. This way, the whole night affair at 2:30am is reduced to 20min. My 10:30pm feed has to be bottle cos I need to know Bb taking the correct quality of milk so Bb can last thru a four hour stretch to 2:30am.

My expressing times are:

6:45am express just a little from each breast. 30+30ml

10plus am express 60ml from one breast

9pm express from both breasts about 180-220ml (10-15min affair)

3am after feeding Bb EBM I express from both breast 180-220ml (10-15min affair)

Kinder - on my ice cube tray.... Why I am doing it this way... Running out of bottles and space in the freezer LOL!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I express 30+30+60+180+180 everyday as per the timing above. That's 6 glass bottles a day. I only use two glass bottles for 10:30pm and 2:30am feed. So nett using 4 glass bottles a day for storage.

So going to make milk cubes! LOL!

Choc- nepia $15 for 60 pc NB size. Been using nepia for #1 and now #2.

Cottony soft, no loud piak piak sticker, urine indicator, made in japan, free next day delivery if u buy one carton = 4 packs.

I think it's gd value for money.

But if u want realli cheap - drypers is one of the cheapest

Been missing from thread for the longest time as I'm more active in FB.

However, I have been reading the thread regularly.

Glad to see mommies are doing so well and great!

And yes, wishing everyone a wonderful and prosperous new year!

Gong Xi Fa Cai!!!

Hi Choc,

Please update for mine as follows:-

Dr Adrian Woodworth

Delivered 3rd Feb 2011

Baby Girl, Shyanne

2nd Child

Thanks!

Morning mummies! Seems like weather is good today.. I woke up very early, somehow just couldnt sleep anymore. Howz everyone's CNY? Mine was quite dramatic - I ordered CNY festive reunion dinner which didn't come on the stipulated 3 to 6pm delivery. Waited till 7.30pm and despite calling the hotline, it was either engaged or nobody answered. My hubby and i had to scramble for a dinner place! Can you imagine??!! Luckily, we managed to find a restaurant that can accommodate 4 pax. It would almost have been a disaster! And guess what, the delivery guy had the cheek to call me at 9.40pm saying that he had reached my house! I gave him a piece of my mind... Now, i got to ask for refund cos payment is through credit card.. Sigh!

Sorry to digress off topic but i just need to vent!

Mami B - i like your breastfeeding timetable and i think it makes a lot of sense to feed EBM during those wee hours. Thanks for sharing, i think i will try this out for myself.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Choc - the Pampers offer look good. I have not purchased anything from G-mart before, how do i make payment?

congrats d-duchess, clio

choc: thanks for the recommendation..for the pampers new born.. I'm now on my 6th pack of NB diapers.. time to buy again..

I heard that Goon is quite good, but didnt try before cos it's quite expensive.

but since now on promo can buy and try.

Japan products usually quite good quality.

moomoo: which company is it.. service so lousy..

some more have to happy on CNY eve..

moomoo: i think G-market must make payment by visa/master

my gal slept thru last night..

i went to bed ard 12mn after BB fed ard 11.30pm.

woke up ard 3 am but BB still sleeping..

changed her diapers and tried to latch but she wanted to sleep.

woke up at 6 am to change diapers and BB was still sleeping..

by then my breast already bursting with milk.. so latch her altho she was sleeping..

8.30am woke up she was still sleeping and latch her again cos breast too full..

now going to pump liao.

is it normal?

Back