(2011/02) Feb 2011

@pinkyval – so long and glad to hear from you again! Keep posting ur status!

@zanta – my colleague told me young one are small type which could be found in NTUC wor…maybe u double check with the sales before u buy.

@wishchild – ya once we reached 37 wks, our bb considered full term. Last time I also duno till my SIL told me and double cfm by my gynae. I also hope my bb can guai guai stay till 39 wks. I thought cough should avoid orange and chicken??

@mamaying – avoid cold stuff, orange and chicken for ur cough. Hope u recover soon!

@charmaine – great that u have found a job,

@Ah Ching – really pei fu ni, hv to cover so many things!

Chat later going for lunch now!

Mrs Ong, Oh i know cough cannot eat chicken and orange. But dried orange skin worked on my cough. As 1st trimester i have very bad cough for 3months see doc also no used. So only can eat bird nest and eat dried orange skin to cure my cough. hehe

@Zantarina: My contraction not really pain, I just feel like menstrual like cramps. I opted for 4 bedded room, and auto upgrade to 2 bedded room for Dr. Ang’s patient. Actually the room rate is acceptable, but there are a lot of other misc. charges, they charged everything that you used, for the equipments, facilities etc. End up the bill become so x. Medisave can claim $450 only.

BTW, I saw flyer at TMC, there are special sponsors/gifts for first 3 babies borned on 1st Jan, not sure about CNY babies.

@wish_child: bb really can pop anytime. That day I so worried that my bb will pop and become premature bb, luckily at last is false delivery contraction. I become more and more kan cheong now as EDD getting nearer, not well prepared yet.

@charmaine: Think 6 weeks quite short for you to recover from ur maternity, why don’t discuss with the boss to let you start after 8 weeks? But is your maid able to handle 1 toddler and 1 baby at the same time? Worry that she might not able to cope, especially your baby just 2 months old. Yup, you must install CCTV, this is very important.

Charmaine, your neighbour is very misguided... clearly if the baby doesn't stop crying the whole night, the baby is not well fed in the day enough and needs to continue his night feeds. just ignoring the cries will not make the baby sleep through the night. someone needs to talk to her. A baby should never be left alone to cry non-stop even for 10-15 min a stretch.

I just helped my SIL with her confinement and baby is 20 days old now. The little one gets 6-7 feeds in the day and wakes up at 2.30am for 1 more feed. Then the next morning feed is 6.30am again. so she/hubby just need to wake up once a night. the trick is to start before 7am for the first feed so baby gets as much milk in the day as possible. and to have the last feed at 10.30pm. This way, the four hour stretch will take place some where between 2-3am and then 6-7am. We also keep baby entertained and awake for couple of hours in the day time.

Will be doing the same for my little Emma. My son slept through by the time he is 8 weeks old. We didnt even plan it. I tot my hubby woke up to feed my son. My hubby tot I woke up to feed my son. But actually none of us woke up coz my son didnt wake up either. Since then no one has to wake up anymore at night. =D boy is now 3 years old and tonight is another test. we bot a new single bed for him to sleep in his room. we are kicking him out of our room to make way for Emma. let's see how it goes. we even gave him the baby monitor and showed him that if he wants us to go over, he just needs to talk to the monitor. =)

valeria, I found u and added u le. =)

Zanta, I want to go the First Mums & Dads Congress but that day just nice is my sis house warming so cannot go. haiz. Are u going? Maybe Natashi and Geri is going too.

@eviangal: Can I still order the Beansprout Pillow, and how to order? Any website to check for the design?

What is the size for your Prince pillow?

beansprout pillow for the baby belly- make sure its not too light. my sil's mom sewed us each a pillow but it turned out to be too light. I went up to check on the little baby one afternn and to my horror, the pillow flipped up to the face already because the hands came out of the swaddle.

So end up both of us are using the cheeky bon bon one which is heavier and helps baby to sleep more securely.

Pinkyval, me and hubby were dumbfounded when she told us she tie xin chang and hide in a corner when her bb is crying. I think if really want to train to skip the nite feed, it shd be at least after 5-6mths. 2mths is too small le.. Her bb on the smaller side but very cute n fair [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wish_child, my maid's attitude so far so good but v v forgetful. I took 4days to train her to recognize 4pcs of cloth (2 for kitchen, 2 for bedroom) Even give her marker to write down on the cloth, she still can take wrongly.. duno want to cry or laugh.. Another thing is she fall sick quite easily. She's sick again today. That's her third time ever since she arrived my hse on 28Dec, running nose and coughing badly with lotsa phlegm. I tell her at least 20x to cover her mouth when cough and she never rmb once! Now i give her a mask. Tmr i will speak to the boss and see if he's willing to wait 2 mths for me. Yes, 2mths still too young and definitely need nite feeds. The news is shocking and scary leh!! How old is the grandson?

Zanta, is yr hubby taking leave during your confinement or is your mum or mil helping you with your confinement? Then they can help you to clean up dogs' mess during your confinement. When i'm staying at PIL hse, i never tell him directly coz tat's his hse, so i get my hubby to say. But at my hse, i did tell him but in a good tone and he got it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My friend's last day in this week so shd be her colleagues or boss teaching me

Valeria, No problem. haha i know why u cant find me. I keep change the privacy on my acc but never change on the acct that everyone can search for me. sorry i still not good at facebook. =P

Grace, Yap i also scare bb will popped anytime. Now bb getting very heavy and i walked like a duck very slow. Haha my parent dont allow me go out alone anymore. THey scare my bb will pop out when i'm outside or shopping half way. hehe

@charmaine: Then her hubby also pretend not to hear the baby cry ah? Very poor thing leh. It's good to ignore baby's cries sometimes lah. So as not to pamper them, cry only then carry. But when it comes to eating, better not. They only have milk to drink leh, and that's where they get their nutrients from. Then now she don't even let her baby have the only source of nutrients. Anyway night feeding only for few months mah. When baby around 4 months I think they'll sleep throughout liao..

mamiB, I think ur boy will be jealous or sad cant sleep u and ur hubby anymore. Also good to trained him sleep alone when he young. Last time me and my sis sleep with my parent until we turn Pri6. Haha becasue we stay 3 room flat and stay with my grandparent. After that we move to 4room flat end up still sleep with my parent for few months then can sleep in our own room. Haha i think because is too use to sleep in my parent room and we watched too much ghost stories.. Haha

Charmaine, Oh very difficult to find a good maid. My fren maid also very good but very forgetful too. Hmm the boy around 1yrs+ coming to 2yrs old. I also feel very poor thing for the boy. So my sis asked me dont let my girl cry non stop. Must see what happen to her even thought she keep crying. If dont want let her know just peek also can. Haha.

ah ching... ur 4 sis maybe heng leh...thats why no happen to them.... hmmm...maybe all along they use cane to punish their kids...and beat them jialat jialat type...

wait childhood phobia.. lol...

i tink u wait n see after u give birth does ur boy gets better... he understand one..maybe just feel that u are neglecting him...u see..he is trying to catch ur attention

nitefeed... i agree leh...shld give when they demand lor... maybe when older then decide wan to stop the nite feeds anot..but again diff pple diff set of thinkings...

for me i will wake up to express milk so i will feed lor... for my #1 i also got wake up coz else will wake up with painful engorgement =P

Pinkyval, both she and her hubby hide outside the room when her bb is crying.. Ya, my boy can sleep thru the nite from 11pm to 5am when he's 4mths so it's best the bb themselves adapt to the sleepthru routine.. Coz my neighbour wants to put her bb with her inlaw during weekdays and only bring back on weekends but her inlaw very old le so maybe can't wake up to give nite feeds so she train her bb to skip nite feed at 2mths.. Very ke lian but i can't say anything

choc, My fren said if breast engorgement like stone is it? She said if breast engorgement after BF the bb wont have it.

Hmm i wanna can i still continue BF my bb if i went to work? Dont think will have nursing room to pump milk ba.

@charmaine: When is your neighbour starting work? Maybe by the time she starts work the baby don't need night feed already? I think if I do that my hubby will scold me. And I think her in laws also won't bear to do that bah. I think they'd rather wake up to feed the baby. Somemore baby's cries so loud. Even if they hide outside the house they'll also be able to hear. Later people thought they abusing the baby then call the police.

Wish child: Breast engorgement you will feel hard lumps in your breast.. Mine was so bad in the initial delivery days, it felt like 2 big papayas hanging in front of me.. But yet hardly any milk came out.. Painful like hell.. Turn here pain.. turn there pain.. Felt terrible.. The feeling still lays fresh in me..

Grace: my prince pillow is 33 x 13cm. I ordered that size to fit a Pupsik pillow case that I bought during the sale previously. I find it a bit too small.. Mayb 40cm x 20cm is better.

You can pm me for the order forms and details.

Grace, me too. I'm also afraid my maid can't cope and my hubby dun even see the need to install cctv! Somemore my current maid is an Indo. When i'm warded at tmc, the bill is estimated at 1.6k on my 2nd day there! Same as you, 4bedded and free upgrade to 2 bedded.

Mami_B, only 1 nite feed for 20days old bb is amazing! So your sil's bb dun cry for milk at nite? Me too, now still trying to get my boy to sleep in his new bed placed beside ours. But in the middle of the nite, he'll whisper to us, daddy mummy can i sleep with you? So he'll end up in our bed again.

Wish_child, yes! It's so difficult to get a good maid. I just need someone who can handle my kids and dun abuse them. I sent my previous filipino maid back after she tried to let my asleep son fell out from the stroller while moving down the escalator coz she said she forgot how to use the stroller tat day after using it for >1year. Guess wat? Just days ago, i was cleaning the magazine rack, i accidentally found a pc of torn newspaper frm the classified section, hidden among the pages of the most inner magazine. That classified section is searching for experienced maids to work for US and Britian expats, salary >$600 and every weekends off and interview only held on Sunday. No wonder she only wanted to go off on Sunday

Hi mummies

The thread is going fast today!

Today is my first day of leave.. Woke up at 2plus last night to pee and couldn’t get back to sleep again until about 4am.. Haiz.. Now it’s raining again! Wanted to wash some clothes but with this weather, I think I can rest.. Haha..

Coconut:

I got a few from NTUC last week, 1 for $1.10 only.. Very sweet but I didn’t eat the flesh as they say flesh is heaty..

3 fingers on my right hand now feels numb and both wrists are painful like I twisted them but I didn’t.. It was already slightly painful before I did some cleaning yesterday.. Now worse!! OMG! Anyone experiencing the same?

Getting more BH nowadays.. The hardening of stomach makes me so uncomfortable.. Haiz..

Going for check up later at 5.30pm.. Finally can see bb again.. Hehe [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

baby gain weight.. 2.9kg already..

still can't induce.. cuz cervix still tight..

have to wait.. going back to check up in 2 days time.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi fiona, how many weeks are u in now? your bb is of a good weight.

I had my 34weeks scan last week. bb is only 1.95kg. Im very worried as she is too tiny. below avg weight. But i hv gestational diabetes, so i cant increase my food intake. So headache.

MiMi: i am 37wks already..

one week ago my boi is only 2kg..

i eat alot of beef to pump his weight up..

lucky he gain weight.. if not i will cry..

dun worry.. ur girl will gain weight de..

@fiona: My baby at week 35 is weighing 2.4kg. My friend told me for boy is consider light cos usually boy will be heavier. I don't eat beef leh, any idea what else can I eat?

Val: long time no see.. try eating durian puff all that?? it may help.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

long time no see pinkyval! glad to see u back here again..

over the weekend i went to a relative's housewarming.. met all my mum's sisters.. and we were talking about my pregnancy.. then i found out that ALL their children were induced before EDD.. none of them underwent natural birth, me included. pretty interesting and makes me think if it runs in the blood.. reason for inducing were all the same - baby too big.. their babies were all induced when almost 4kg.. however none of them underwent csect.. managed to push baby out.. no wonder my mom so clueless when i asked her how does it feel just before going into labour.. she never experienced spontaneous labour. currently my baby is 3.3kg on last scan last thurs.. looks like the family trend is not broken.. i have a big baby.. haha..

wish_child: pump in toilet lor..this is wat i had been doing for my #1... bo bian one....

engorgement u feel ur breast very very hard n pain...but got to push hard to pump... if got block ducts the baby is the best machine to unblock it..

but if ur kid dun like to suck..manual pump is a good one...

fiona...wow!!! wait for cervix to be ready ba..they say do squats will help leh! hahaaaa

oh ya..i went for my checkup on sat...as at week 36, 3.1kg... gynae didnt say baby too big or wat..but ask me to cut down sugary food if i wan a natural birth.. =X

joodz...i also never experience labour... mine also induced... nvm lar... as long as out healthy...naturally labour or induced labour same

choc: ya.. waiting.. lolx..

i did alot of squating already.. but still tight..

haiz.. dun knoe whether is it my gynae find excuse dun wan to induce me on 11th..

cuz TMC fully booked.. den he ask me to go back see him on wednesday to check again..

Val: u can drink coconut juice already ma..

one heaty n one liang.. so can balance..

if not u can try to drink milk also can..

@fiona: Hmm.. But I don't drink milk leh. I see this week my baby's weight gain how first. Or I eat more MacDonald. Wahahaha~ =p

mummies going for brazillian

what are your plans? I wanted to do at winkwax but then when they heard I was preggie said it's $55, no offer of $28 cos for preggie usual price is $65 or something like that.

So I tried fabulous wax, which has branches at cineleisure and bugis but they said they don't do for pregnant women.

So I guess it's down to honeypot and strip again!

Where are you guys gonna go?

@fiona: Wahhh.. Hahahah! I not so happening like you. I eat like maybe once or twice a week only. =p I love the cup corn leh.. Confinement cannot eat, sian.

Val: haha.. ya.. very happening..

cuz few more days going to give birth liao..

now eating alot of junk food..

trying to please myself before i go for confinement..

lolx..

charmaine: thanks :> my cough now only at night. think is cos temp drop and dr say i is cos of my sinus, muscus go into throat the make me wanna cough when i lie down to sleep. Will prob try to treat my sinus after delivery ba. now is just cos of the weather.

dadnmom: i took the 180 package and hair n makeup 80 bucks. they curled my hair.. and i think i look like my mom hahahah do go for straight hair. 1 hour to take basic shots is ok. the photographer will ask u the style u like. he also has samples.. there r mommies who like to take nude and cover their 3 spots :> but not for me hee. i prefer more with my hubby and daughter. think i only chose one individual shot out of the 6. as i wanted as a momento so didnt want to spend a lot of money and time and have too many pics. :>

Mrs Ong: thanks will avoid those foods.. i bought oranges wanting to eat them but just chuck there cos of cough. my hubby having sore throat too...

Finishing up some work then going to have some food and go home sleep. Nowadays will feel hungry after 3-4 hours...

Val: last week baby was 2kg only..

den gynae say baby very light.. so wan him out..

but today go check up baby gain 900g..

so no need to induce tonight..

gynae wan to check me again on wednesday evening..

if cervix open already den i will go for induce..

cuz i dun wan to wait.. haha..

wow logged in and saw that there are many posts liao.

seems like many talking abt food.. I havent eaten my lunch.. think will go for Macdonalds or wendy's

thinking of delaying my appt to Dr Ang cos I scared of the VE... maybe should delay till 37 weeks..

Hello to all mommies who like to eat a lot of fast food.. including me.. fat cells develop for babies in the third trimester...

Fat cells do not become more or less in quantity but they either shrink when we lose fats or the become bigger when they gain fats.

I rmb this during my training as a PE teacher.. so do be careful not to overeat too many fatty foods hee moderation is key :>

@fiona: Huh, baby is light then have to come out le meh? Not eat more and continue to monitor?

@MamaYing: Hee hee.. Ya, so I keep it to once a week. =p

Val: not sure about that..

but lucky my boi gain weight in 1 week time..

now the weight is good den i can relax liao..

only hope he won't be too big..

if not pushing time will be hard for me..

cuz my number 1 was 2.4kg when birth..

so i hope i can push baby out..

hi mummies,

just to let u know that when babies are out . they only gain average 10 g a day . this is constant for my twins.

let babies stay longer inside.

its been 12 days and by smaller twin Verrick delivered at 34 w 2 days is still at 1744 g as of yesterday. he is light but otherwise healthy.

going kkh now to visit him daily.

Back