(2011/02) Feb 2011

charmaine: what a horrible thing to happen??

is it at the delifrance in TMC?

think I wont dare to buy things from them anymore..

but I dont see many delifrance ard anymore..

dont think there is any in the north area

Just want to share something with all out there.

I attended a conference from MOE last month on Nominated good/excellent Pre-school 2010 based on the diversity, quality and creativity. And here are the reviews as they got medals...(for those who missed it on the newspaper.)

Finalist:

Bethesda (Depot Walk) Kindergarten

Bethesda (Serangoon) Church Sunbeam Kindergarten

Calvary Baptist Kindergarten

Kinderland (Chua Chu Kang) Kindergarten

PCF Bukit Timah Blk 285C

PCF Bukit Timah Blk 307

PCF Hong Kah North Blk 750

PCF Potong Pasir Blk 143

PCF Taman Jurong Blk 161

PCF Yew Tee Blk 690D

Commendation:

Cherrybrook Kindergarten

Early Years Montessori

Lumiere Montessori House

PCF Chong Pang Blk 309

Merit:

Far Eastern Kindergarten

St James Church Kindergarten

Distinction:

The Ascension Kindergarten

Living Sanctuary Kindergarten

Ramakrishna Mission Sarada Kindergarten (FOR Indians only i think)

*for me personnaly, i would put my child at either The Ascension where they focus alot on arts n creativy or Living Sanctuary Kindergarten!

ALL THE BEST MUMMY!!!!!!

@charmaine: Oh no!! That's so horrible!! You should take a photo and put it online. Hee hee.. Anyway glad that you are fine. Lucky you chew well and didn't just swallow it. If not it'll not only cut your tongue, it'll also cut your throat! There's 1 delifrance in Gleneagles and I always buy their pie whenever I go for check up. I think maybe I should stop patronising them. So scary! Somemore delifrance IN hospital supposed to be safer cos there are patients that will eat.

Ah Ching, of coz excited and happy kekeke... It's like looking forward to some holiday u booked lor. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] easy to plan for things also.

Yah man. Now that u mention it, confinement seems like a big project!! Haha!!

U can actually store the herbs in any dry place. Plastic bag also can. I place them in containers so neater and can see how much is left. Coz when left about half, I need to let my mil know so she can replenish stocks so we will never run out. Mil just bot 3kg of red dates. It's a huge bag of dates. Look like a pillow. lol!!

Am now just wondering the trivial things like whether my ger will have double eye lids or not, pretty or not, look like her bro or not. Hehee... Maybe that is a sign that I have settled all essential errands already. :D happy happy.

Cannot believe 36plus weeks just went by like this. Thanks to all of you who accompany me on this tiring journey. We always knew that the ultimate reward of having our babies in our arms would make the journey worth it. But having u people alongside comforting, cheering, offering advice etc made the journey more bearable. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thank u to u all. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My journey is ending soon and a new adventure is about to begin this Sat. Your turn will come really soon too!! Hang in there mummies. Hugs....

Mami bel [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mamiB

you are truly blessed to have such a helpful MIL! and guess it makes staying with PIL a lot easier. You moved in to stay with them since marriage?

I am wondering whether I should buy some confinement stuff now, or whether the prices have already gone up since it's less than a month to CNY.

If I really pop plus minus 5 days from my EDD (19 feb), then perhaps prices would have gone down by then, and if I buy after I pop, then would be fresher and cheaper?

hahaha...

Mami_B, great that your boy enjoys sleeping in his room, with his "walkie-talkie" [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ah Ching, yes at tmc Delifrance!! The broken glass piece was slightly bigger than 1cm with sharp edges at both sides. I'm really lucky to have missed biting on the sharp points. For a while, i was thinking if i had swallowed any small pieces in my previous bites. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Charmaine, better not rely on maid to sleep with our children. Maid will go home one day. Maybe in two yrs. Then our children may have difficulty adjusting.

Yesterday my Hubby lie on the pull out bed til my son doze off. Then Hubby left the room. Initially son wanted Hubby to lie next to him in the single bed but I told Hubby not to. It's a new exercise so we need to do it correctly the first time. So son slept on the single bed last night [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

When my boi woke up, he went straight to his own toilet and pee, wash face and hands, like a big boy. Am so glad that he is taking these new changes so well.

For the arrival of number two plus new schooling year, we bot him so many new stuff. New booster car seat, new bed, new school bag that he can carry by himself (last time we just used my old duffel bag and we had to carry it for him), new bath towels (smaller size so can fit into new school bag). Guess he is excited as well by all the changes taking place.

Val, ya now must really take note of wat i bite and swallow coz will also affect my bb and not just me. Hubby said the manager explained to him that the whole pot of chicken fillings is mixed by the factory then send to individual outlet and not mixed by them. Hope no one's kena wat i did.

Mami_B, jiayou!! Do post pics of your lovely princess! Counting down another 4days [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Trinket, confinement herbs shd be okie to buy now, as long as you keep them in cool and dry place. I bought my confinement herbs 1mth in advance [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

@Mami B: So excited for you!!! After all the morning sickness and waiting for 36 weeks, finally you'll be seeing your girl on Saturday! And to the rest of the mummies, like what Mami B said, our turn will come soon! Very soon there'll be 1 more member in our family. Hehe..

Trinket, I am not staying with PiL. Thatz the amazing thing abt my MiL. She is going to cook my lunch, pack it and come over to my place in the morning. Bathe my baby and help out while I eat my lunch. Etc. Then she goes home to cook my dinner, pick my son up from school, bring him plus everyone's (maid, son, Hubby, mine) dinner over to my place. She will give baby her evening wipe down and milk while we eat dinner. She will then instruct my maid on what to cook for my breakfast the next day, where the raw food are kept in my fridge (morning confinement breaky is Ginger pork or fish porridge or mee suah). Also find out how much herbs left, need to buy more or not, etc. She already taught my maid how to cook the Ginger red date tea everyday. After that, she goes home.

So this is the arrangement for my confinement ;)

When she is nt around, I take care of my baby and my pumping. Maid helps me sterilize, wash, prepare snacks, etc.

Trinket, I am not sure whether the prices of the herbs have gone up coz all bot by mil. But dried herbs can buy and keep. Will not spoil if kept in dark cool dry place.

Pinkyval,charmaine, thanks for being there for me all these 36 weeks. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] really went thru so many scares, tears, fears.

in a good mood today...

Just saw dr at raffles hosp, will be delivering there by dr jazlan. More comfortable with him. As he delivered my first child, he gave me some discounts also.

Now 36 weeks, baby weighs 3.1kg. Was 1.9kg in week 32. Everything is normal and good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] looking forward to a smooth delivery without epidural. Hope I can endure! Bit scared hehe..

Last day of work next friday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

MamiB: u'll be delivering soon? Wishing u a smooth delivery and see ur baby soon! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mrs Ong, some mommies will update whether they have delivery on the Feb MTB group at facebook. Choc and cnicole also update their baby pic at Feb MTB(babies)group.

Charmaine, wow lucky u never swallow into the glass. Or else later u cut ur throat. Great ur bb gained weight. I know is very difficult to control the food which we crave for. Yesterday I drink 1 mouth of coke when my hubby go buy food. Hehe feel very happy after drank it.

MamiB, wow ur mil really very nice. Help u buy all the confinement herb and stuff. For me im waiting for my mom to buy for me hehe. =p

Trinket, same I'm having same edd with u. I also thinking when to buy the herbs. My mom ask me don't buy now and don't so kao chong. Haiz I still thought ask my Sis Fren to buy for me the herbs at Msia.

mami B

wow, that's realy very nice of her - a lot of effort! hopefully she doesn't stay too far. is she retired? or always been sahm?

wish child

yah lor... i'm still undecided when to buy. there are quite a few medical shops near my place, so even if last min should be able to find, although might not be the cheapest.

Trinket, our children are born in the same year!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my boy has been going to pats schoolhouse since he was two. They call it playgroup. Then this year, he is promoted to nursery class. The school runs a full day program for both playgroup n nursery so he attends school from 9am-5:30pm just like a Childcare centre. This gives my mil a breather to do whatever she fancies in the day. But now that my sil just gave birth and returning to work after 2 mths, mil will be busy looking after the little baby thereafter. So it's good that my boy goes full day school. I may also drop my baby to my mil to take care if I decide to go back and work after say four months or six months. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Trinket

My mil has been a SAHM all her life. She is also a Chinese tuition teacher for many years. Now she is giving up all her students coz have to look after two new baby girls. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I told her three years later, she will open nursery class for her grand kids.

She doesn't stay far. She drives so it's pretty convenient. Just 10 min drive. When we moved out we bot a place in the same area coz we knew we would need her help looking after the kids. If stay far away, inconvenient for everyone.

mami B (mophie):

YOu are so fortunate to have a nice MIL..

unlike my MIL who is a Malay Muslim.. didnt even offer any help just because i (chinese) married 'CIVIL' and not under Syariah Court (malay). Till now she is still so upset. Told us off on our wedding day that our marriage is not Legal under the eyes of her Allah God! WTF. really.

But thank God, my mom is supportive enuff to come down from KL to do my confinement.

Mamaying

Yes I am delivering by csec this sat 1:30pm!!

Cannot wait.

My placenta is infront of the baby. So my Gynae was excitedly telling us how he will have to cut through the placenta and quickly take the baby out by the head. Think his recent cases are very ordinary, not much challenge so he is happy to encounter a more challenging case. LOL! I was thinking in my mind that I don't wana know the details man!!

So there will be lots of blood... He continued. LOL!

Hope everything goes smoothly. I trust this Gynae alot. So will just say a prayer for protection n go in the theatre on Sat. :D epidural csec so I will be awake during the op. I wana see my baby come out. Just like my first one. With Hubby next to me. ;)

@ah ching – why dun u check with ur gynae whether ur bb head has engaged?? Ur no. 1 is by natural?

@charmaine – heng sia u din swallow the sandwich!

@mami b – same here I’ve passed the money to my MIL for confinement food as I dunwan my confinement lady to do the marketing. Though she rejected at lst, I insisted and she seem happy that I have the thought Wow, your MIL sooo good and extremely thoughtful! Is u her only daughter in-law and did u give her high allowance? Similarly, I have problem sleeping after woke up @wee hours…it started when I on wk 32. Wow time flies and now ur turn to pop…good luck and have a smooth delivery! Do post here after ur delivery!

@mamaying – so brave and is ur lst also without epi? Did u perform strep b test and when is ur next review?

@wishchild – I hardly log in FB coz not convenient at work. At home, my hubby need to use PC lol...though i have iphone, i dun access it too coz i prefer bigger LCD when cum to surfing net lol.

Esther, sorry to hear that. Look on the bright side, u still have help!! From your mummy dearest. ;) so don't worry n look forward to it!! Having a baby is such a joyous occasion. Don't let anyone dampen your spirits. Hugs!

Esther, take care, dun be angry and dun have any hatred. no good for your baby and you. stay happy and focus on the happy things in your life. like ur baby and ur mom who is helping u! jia you!

Thanks Mami_B! Yeah..thank God for my own mummy!

At least she is coming over to singapore along with her maid! phew... as my own maid has yet to arrived! (fully paid but no stock yet! hahahah.. waiting since last November! Singapore Govt getting very strict for importing indon maids lately)

and GOoooooooooooooood luck..wishing u a smoooth delivery mami B!!!!!

Mrs Ong

Mil has 2 good sons. And 2 good daughter in laws. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] sil gave birth last month. I m going to deliver this sat. So she now also has 2 grand daughters. LOL! Today during lunch, she asked both of us, DILs , to quickly have one more soon. She want six grand kids at least. Hehe.. My SIL will definitely have two or more. I already have two n don't mind a third BUT!!!! My pregnancies have always been question mark type so once I pregnant, I have to bedrest til deliver. I need my life back. Already stay at home past 8-9mths already doing completely nothing. Am so bored to tears. So cannot imagine having another pregnancy soon. Hm.... Think cannot. I phobia!!! (my MS is everyday even until today!)

As for the allowance for the confinement, have to give reasonable amount. I mentioned in FB that the herbs reapply don't come cheap. Each packet of dangshen is $120. A few days and it's finished. Some herbs she bot cost over $1k each. Haven't count the CNY prices for fish which she intends to cook on daily basis for me to boost milk supply, good beef, kidney, pork, vege. Simple items like mushrooms she just bot cost her $55 for 1kg. Then she also bot gd quality sea cucumber etc for my confinement food. Fungus. Red dates. Loads of Ginger (3kg worth every three days). Plus all the bathing herbs to bathe donno forty days.

In addition she also splurged on birds nest for us pre-delivery. Each week it cost her hundreds cos she insist of getting the thicker strands.

So Hubby n I wanted to be fair to her. It's serious money she is spending and never asked us for a cent in return. So this token is more to let her know we really appreciate her efforts and her generosity.

wah so many posts today..

charmaine: what a close shave! i have bad experience at delifrance TMC also.. staff very bad service, and the other day ordered meatballs pasta.. took almost 30mins.. never bluff. when my pasta came, my hubby's food took another 10 mins. bit into my meatball, hard as hell. inside still rock hard and cold. i ask for exchange the guy give me one face and just went to heat up.. i thought he will seperate the meatballs and pasta but he heated up the whole thing.. when return to me pasta not al dente anymore.. so soggy.. geez..

wanna ask if u are gonna pop in TMC standard single bedded room. Which floor is the best?

On top of that, any idea how much is the sanitary pad that TMC charges? When should we ask them not to open theirs? should we bring our own or more advisable to just use theirs?

Hi all, been a long long time since i last posted during my first trimester. I am expecting a boy. Edd 18 feb 2011. MAH.

Hope all of us have a smooth delivery!

I've done my strep B test and down with the virus. So im gg to take antibiotics from today onwards..Is making me worried again..sigh..things nv go smoothly for my pregnancy.

Mrs Ong, my next visit is next tues. now on weekly visit. did the test today will know result next week i guess.. there was a test done in oct and it was negative. hopefully continue the same way.

my first was unassisted without epidural. took gas mask and injection tho... tried very hard to endure.. was a personal challenge to myself la hee... when i hear dilation 8cm i was very relieved cos i know i cannot take epidural liao. will be too late. so i sort of forced myself.

but i think if really cant tahan better to take epi. if not too tired from pain cannot push also mafan to have assisted or worse emergency csec.

My inspiration is my younger sis. 2 births normal without epidural. so i wanna my like her! :>

mamiB seems like u go thru a lot of have this baby... jia you... and ur gynae is so animated! tell u all the details! but good for u to know wat to expect :>

mamaying: so u not going to see Dr Ang tomorrow liao?

Mrs Ong: will be seeing Dr tomorrow and will ask him..

First one was assisted with epi.. I low pain threshold la..

this time round I will keep my options open again.. cos no point go thru a lot of pain right? but if can tahan and save money also good la.. will see how.

just went library to borrow books on breastfeeding. will put it in my hospital bag just in case

hi ah ching, yes i have called to cancel my appt also told nurse i will not be going back le... if not i could meet up with u.

hee i also stingy wanna save money.. with epi need pay 800 more for Raffles Hosp.

was wondering if anyone is engaging this person/ store in regards to processing the Placenta.

HeavenlyHeatlhStore.com

Contact person is Yeo Chuan Hong at 98203772.

I am engaging this person, from this store. I heard they are reputable as they got chinese medical shop in china town for a long long time. And they will pick up my placenta from hospital immediately after i deliver and process them at their store and send it back to your home in capsules form. But its kinda expensive $300.

What to do, not many ppl are expert in this area.

Any other alternatives? do you think they are reputable enough? i hope i didnt gross out some mummy out there! ehehhee....

@Mami B: Don't mention, the mummies here have also been very supportive throughout these 36 weeks. A big thanks to all!! =D

@Mi Mi: I'm also down with the virus. Just went to the clinic to collect the antibiotics. Don't worry too much. The nurse said it's common for pregnant woman and it's cos our immu system is low. But she said when I deliver I'll have to do an injection though. And that after deliver it'll be gone. Did your gynae/nurse gave you a piece of paper to read about the bacteria? My sis also said the antibiotics is just a common type of antibiotics. So don't worry too much ok? =) My friend also got this when she was pregnant and she was too late to take the antibiotics. The next day after she did the test she deliver liao. So end up have to inject and wait for a few hours before she can deliver..

I just bought coconut juice from Chong Pang. Yucks. I don't like the taste! And I only drank half a cup. =/

@esther: My hubby also asked me to take my own placenta! But I'm not as lucky as you, making it into capsules. He's going to ask his mum to cook it! Yucks!!! Though he said he'll be eating with me, but I don't know will I be brave enough to eat it. =(

Ah ching: me will be there in the evening only..

can't meet.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

pinkyval, are you serious???? Your hubby reali so adventurous!! dare to eat placenta. i really cannot bring myself to eat it... hehehe... you quite brave also!!

@Ah Ching & mami B: Hahahhaha.. I don't know leh. Maybe he only said that to "trick" me into eating. Cos he said cooked with pig liver can't tell. And cooked with ginger onion. Maybe during that time he'll only eat the pig liver then leave the placenta to me. I don't dare to eat leh. So scary.. Saw pictures of cooked one online and it looks like beef. Then that day my sis showed me the Wong Boh Boi book. Alamak~ I saw the fresh one! The more I don't dare to eat. Zzzzz...

pinkyval: i think u better make it into capsule form..

becos dont do things that will make u unhappy during postpartum period..

otherwise may lead to depression u know

for me.. i die die wont eat. no matter what

fiona: think sure got chance to meet again. see how your check up tomorrow..

@Ah Ching: But I read somewhere make it into capsule effect won't be so good. Haha! Don't know leh, see how lor. If I eat 1 piece I vomit then I'll stop liao. =p

pinkyval: eeewwww.....i dun think im as brave as you... im just gonna ask them to process and put into capsules for me. just pop 2 capsules a day!

Cooking it is a no no for.. that idea..i almost fainted!

But in the States, its a tradition to share your placenta during the celebration of ur baby's first month. My friend in Switz, kept her placenta after delivery and grilled them during the one month celebration of her baby at home. All her friends (male and female) came for the celebration and took a bite size of it!! A symbol of sharing your love! (seriously i dun think we asian will do it here!! ahhaha..)

@esther: Eeeeee.. Eat own placenta already need courage liao, they still eat OTHERS placenta??? =/ Hmm.. What a way to share their love. Then my hubby said maybe after cooking his mum will throw away the wok liao. LOL~

Back