(2011/01) Jan 2011

I juz came back from my detail scan n gynea visit.

Spent 2.5hrs there! feeling so tired.

BB not cooperative even though i spoke to bb. BB was facing down all the while. No matter how the sonographer shakes and disturb, bb dun wana turn. Only move hands and legs, open and close mouth.

Well, turns out that Im having a GIRL again. keke

luckymummy,

i haven't tried the mothercare one. but i know some ladies who are carrying twins and triplets and hv started using the support belt. they say it's good and really helps relieve the backaches they get from walking and standing too much. i'm tempted to get one too cos i think my tummy muscles are very loose from my 1st pregnancy already :p

u can get the staff at mothercare to measure u and advise the correct size to get.

only downside is the sizing has got to be pretty accurate (too big no support, too small too tight) so for those twins/triplets ladies they'll need to get a bigger size when they hit 3rd tri.

for us with singles, prob we can get one late 2nd tri to early 3rd tri and it'll last us till we deliver?

Hi Miaiko,

I go for the pouchless wrap then. Think quite troublesome to use together with the hot/cold pouch.

1) Miaiko (w pouch. XS-M)

2) esthert

3) Mitch

4) luckymummy11 (with pouch XS-M)

5) cookiefleur (with pouch & pack XS-M)

6) chercat (w pouch. XS-M)

7) hoshi (pounchless. Size XS-M)

8) kikapo (w pouch, size:XS-M)

9) Jass1408 (w pouch/pounchless TBC. Size XS-M)

10) JJ (w pouch)

11) Daphne (pouchless. Size XS-M)

12) Darienna (w pouch + cold/warm pack. Size:XS-M)

13) Ting (pouchless. Size XS-M)

14) Misty (pouchless. Size XS-M)

15) Trevitrevi (Size XS-M)

16) Pinky_J (w pouch, size: XS-M)

17) Nimkulut (pouchless, size: XS-M)

18) Valerie142 (pouchless, size: XS-M)

19) Jovial-(pouchless, size: XS-M)

20) Lily_H-(pouchless, size: XS-M)

21) Little Oxygen (pouchless, size: XS-M)

22) Sofia (pouchless, size: XS-M)

23) Komathi (Pouchless, size: XS-M)

24) gingersnap82 (w pouch, size: XS-M)

25) nikki1975 (w pouch + cold/warm pack, size: XS-M)

Wah Miaiko, it must be so tiring to lie down there for 2.5 hours for the detailed scan. Think I only took abt an hour or so. Depending on the position of the bb, my gynae will try to take whatever measurements he can first... But good that u've learnt ur baby's gender... can start shopping liao!

Now me busy planning for my trip to Taiwan in end September... hope I won't gain too much kgs... haha..

Grumpus, thank you for your info. I just bot it from Mothercare, i bot size M though measured size S is more suitable but when i tried it on, i felt that size M would be a better size to last me till last tri. with 10% dist, it costs me 37.80 and if u pay using DBS or POSB card now til 30 sep, you will get a $10 voucher.

gingersnap,

wow, that's quite a good deal. now i'm really tempted to go try and buy. thanks for the info on the sizing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dear Mummies

Sorry to interrupt. I am from an earlier thread. Have some "leftovers" from my breastfeeding days to let go cheap.

- 2 brand new boxes of Mothercare breast pads (100 pieces per box) with 25 - 50 loose pieces from an open box

- 2 brand new boxes of Lansinoh milk bags (50 pieces per box); with close to 40 loose pieces from an open box

Price:

$25 for breast pads (original price: $18 per box)

$25 for milk bags (original price: USD10.99 per box)

Pls call / sms me @ 93679627. Don't PM as I don't check this often. Self collect from my place at Pasir Ris.

Breast pads reference: http://www.mothercare.com.sg/productdetail.asp?pid=67707

Milk bags reference:

http://www.amazon.com/Lansinoh-Breast-Milk-Storage-50-2dpk-2e/dp/B000M16Y7U/ref=pd_sim_hpc_63

Hi Miaiko,

Thanks for helping to organise the BP. I will be away next week, so can I pay you when I am back after Hari Raya?

Congrats on having a girl! Baby girls are more shy...usually won't open legs like boys.. hahahaa

Hi Mummies,

Have been a silent reader and finally decided to join in the discussion coz Im getting excited as the days pass!!

EDD: 13 Jan 2011

Boy

TMC-Dr Lawrence Ang

West

I just had my detailed scan last monday on 30th at TMC. My sonographer was Elizabeth. She was very patient and sweet. Told me that she was chasing after my bb coz he was moving around..

My little Prince was pretty cooperative so the whole process was only 15mins.

At 21wks, my little Prince is 323g and I already put on 8kg!! *HORRORS* Appetite has been too good~~

Cant feel any movements yet though..

UPDATEd...

Postpartum Tummy Wrap

With Pouch : $129 per wrap + free postage.

Pouchless: $119 per wrap + free postage

Cold/Warm Pack: $18 + free postage

Wrap with Pouch + Cold/Warm Pack: $145 + free postage

1) Miaiko (w pouch + cold/warm pack. XS-M)

2) esthert

3) Mitch

10) JJ (w pouch)

16) Pinky_J (w pouch + cold/warm pack, size: XS-M)

hi Misty,

Let me check with the organiser and let you know k?

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Want to share that I bought online a Doppler like equipment called angelsounds and I an hearing my baby's heartbeat at home each night. Rather amazing.

Would encourage mommies to buy.

Just when I tot I hv past the 'merlion' stage, my full breakfast came out this morning! Felt terrible. I hope this is the last time as i'm into my 20th wk now.

Anyone still having MS now?

Anyway I had to postpone my detailed scan from 9 sep to 13 sep cos I can't tk leave. So hv to wait additional 3 days to see bb again!

It's so nice to read that some of u can feel bb movements. I do feel some very slight movement but not sure if it's just wind in the tummy.

Is the 20 wks detailed scan same as a 3D scan? Can someone tell me when do we get to do a 3D scan of bb? Must mk special request with gynae or gynae will do it as part of routine chk up? Read abt ppl having 3D or even 4D n video of baby but my gynae never mentioned abt it.

Hi Bethel, Oops! Just realised tat I forget to check the cost of the detail scan for u. Will try to rememeber to go back to check tonite. Very forgetful now!!!

bethel: sorry you still have MS [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] normally it is over by ist trimester and if not you have to be careful with the foods you eat and also the things that makes you merlion entire pregnancy. My last pregnancy was like that.......i broke all records of MS in first trimester and still merlion at times when i eat oily, spicy, or sit in the comfort cab , take flight etc.

Good luck!

Daphne and Bethel,

Was just sorting my baby related papers and came across the detailed scan costs at TMC: OSCAR + FA with uterine doppler package (detailed scan?) $424, less 10% with the first born incentive. After GST and all deductions, $408.30

sherill,

speaking of eating spicy food, think my baby really doesn't like spicy stuff cos the last time I had quite spicy sweet potato leaves with belachan I had a horrible, horrible stomachache complete with cold sweat etc. Ever since then I've been extra careful with oily and spicy food. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] btw, thanks for updating the table.

watertap,

we had the same sonographer. She's really nice. And she had to chase after my baby too. Yours took only 15min? And I thought mine at 20min was fast!

bethel

i pay ard $113 for my detailed scan in TMC last week after 10% discount.

Anyone taking the pre natal class? my class starting this sat 7-9pm at AMK hub Mrs Wong class

Hi luckymummy & babykoh, thanks for the TMC cost.

Bethel, I think I pay the same amount as luckymummy (in package) except tat I did not sign up for the incentive discount.

Started feeling my baby movement last week. Extra active at nite.

Bethel,

Detailed scan is different from 3D scan.

For detailed scan, they will zoom into your bb to check bb's organs etc. At the end of it, they will give you a report. 3D scan is the 3D "photo" of your bb instead of the ultrasound scan printout (black and white)

My Gynae (Dr Lawrence Ang) did a 3D scan for me the same day when I visited him after my detailed scan.

sherill,luckymummy11,

I love spicy food! I crave for spicy food even more after im pregnant! Somehow I feel that it helps me to clear my bowels.

However, as my bb and stomach grow bigger, I get this burning sensation after eating very spicy food recently. Pretty uncomfortable so I try to moderate now.

My fren told me that belachan chilli is bad for bb's skin~!

http://picasaweb.google.com/107435811188765719302/MummyBabyStuffs#

dear mtbs, sorry to disturb.

i've alr delivered my bb gal, looking to clear the following items. hope mtbs will find them of interest!

pls refer to abv link for related pics & descriptions. all items are

described to the best of my knowledge.

items u see in the provided link are all up for grabs, items once SOLD

will be removed from the link.

if keen, pls PM or SMS to 96495528 for fast deal. calls from unknown

nos. will not be entertained.

thank u!!

Hi Miaiko

Just like to check when is the latest we would need to place our order with u for the tummy wrap? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi ivftwins

I also bought the Angelsoundz doppler and I agree that its really amazing and gives me a peace of mind when i feel my baby is not as active in kicking or moving me... I managed to buy an extra set from the manufacturer at a special price when I got mine. Any mummies who would like to buy can pm me! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Miaiko

Thanks for the prompt reply. I reckon by tis Sun 12 Sep 2010? Btw, I just noticed that I share the same gynae as you and I'm also living in the north.. I have been a silent reader all this while![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Miaiko!

I would like to get the pouchless tummy wrap pls. (XS-M)

Thanks ya! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

UPDATEd...

Postpartum Tummy Wrap

2) esthert

3) Mitch

10) JJ (w pouch)

26) Chelleybaby (pouchless, size:XS-M)

Hi mummies,

How are you today?

I went for my detail scan on 3-sept. Doctor told me i am carrying a baby boy... although i am hoping for a girl (1st child is a boy), but it is still ok as long as the baby is healthy & safe.

By the way, does anyone join the prenatal yoga? i saw the a message in last week but cannot find in already. When is the schedule & course fee?

Miaiko,

The pouch orders look promising! Maybe can negotiate for 30 pcs to get $2 off? hehe that seems more likely than 40pcs considering the price of the wrap.

All mummies,

Can someone enlighten me on the purpose of nappy liners?

Let's say I use the traditional square nappies (must fold kind), is the liner for layering above it, and how much poo can it prevent from seeping through? Or it's purely for absorbency and the nappy confirm will get very dirty either way?

Then there are those newer nappies like bumgenius all that, do they need nappy liners inside them? Cos they already refer to "inserts" and all that so I assume those are the parts you are mainly washing if the rest of the diaper doesn't get dirty?

My mum who is helping me with confinement wants to use nappies but I said it's super ley chey and every single poo/pee must wash. Am I right?

Hi all mummies...

im looking forward to my detailed scan on the 18th sept but dr Loke already told me my bb is a boy..measuring at 258g at wk 19 and i have put on ard 3kgs already..

Me too have not started buying anything, jus clearing my rm n my mums rm takes up the whole sat...twist n turn at nite cant seems to slp in a comfy position...nt sure hw does the bb movement felt like as i haven been able to feel anything yet at wk 20. or even if ther is, cant diff the feeling..any experience mum can share wats the feeling like?

Thanks...

evlin,

I joined the prenatal yoga class. Gonna give it a try cos very sedentary since getting pregnant. It starts 18th Sept, and runs for 6 continuous weeks till 23rd Oct. 12:15-1:15 at Bishan. $110 for six lessons.

Anyone else here joined?

luckymummy,

nappy liners are for lining those traditional square nappies. it prevents most of the poo, especially the solids from seeping through. but nappy will still be wet and have a yellowish stain.

those new fangled nappies use an insert and a diaper cover. supposedly dun need to use liners, just wash the inserts, but to me still shd use liners to 'catch' the solids and make it easier to clean.

if using cloth nappies, everytime poo/pee must change, then the nappy must wash. but for newborn, even if u use disposable diapers still need to change everytime poo/pee. only no need to wash just throw

luckymummy11, there is only 1 timing for the prenatal yoga class? actually i am "weekend parent", normally will try to spend whole day (sat & sun) together with my 19 mths old son... so i won't be able to join the class if it is on sat/sun. do you have the contact no?

Hi, I am expecting a boy due Jan (I already have a 2 year old girl). I would like to ask if any mummies here want to swap boy clothes with my girl clothes. 6 months to 2 years. All are in good condition (not homewear) No stains or tears. Can meetup to view also. Pics at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53592317@N02/

Shoes and headbands to be uploaded by tomorrow. Please pm me if interested as I seldom check this thread. Thanks. p/s I am only looking for good condition boy clothes not homewear.

luckymummy11,

I tried to negotiate that already but organiser say can't coz price is very strictly controlled by brand. Plus already $20 below retail price for the bp.

Hi elaine,

you will know the movement, especially when u lay down on bed for some moment, thats when baby moves usually.

Hi all mummies,

Mine is a active one, dunno is it due to coffee and tea I drank daily. My 1st boy I drank coffee daily and he is super active till everyone so scare to care for him. I tried to cut down but other drinks simply dont appetise me.

Dr Loke kept saying this highly possible be a big one also (1st boy was 4.09kg at birth). I not sure cos still too early to know since my BB now weighs abt the same like most others.

luckymummy,

i tried all the different nappy liner brands, dun find a discernable difference between them so i usually just end up buying whichever is the cheapest and/or on sale.

Hi Miaiko,

please add me for the cinch order. I am still deciding between pouch or pouchless. Will let you know soon. Thanks.

Does anyone know how often we can take bird's nest? Also, when can we start prenatal massage? Can we still do prenatal massage if got low placenta? Thanks!

Mummies' name in orange color, kindly let me know your choice or wrap & size soon please. thanks thanks

UPDATEd...

Postpartum Tummy Wrap

2) esthert ?

3) Mitch ?

10) JJ (w pouch)

27) pinkimum ?

Update after Trevitrevi

Postpartum Tummy Wrap

2) esthert ?

3) Mitch ?

9) Jass1408 (w pouch. Size XS-M)

10) JJ (w pouch)

15) Trevitrevi (w pouch + cold/warm pack. XS-M)

27) pinkimum ?

Back