(2010) 2009 TTCers Moving on to 2010... Come on in!

bubble_pearl cannot take deep breath... toilet dun smell that good leh.. take deep breath later i puke more..hehe.. so i just pop a mint in my mouth... sort of calm everything dowm immediately...=D if this is MS...i think i dun want to be preggie anymore... i love food so much and yet now when i see my donuts, all i can think of is how disgusting it looks and smell and wants to puke again... =( very sad... i want food... in my tummy, not toilet bowl...

so cutie, if wat u calculate, meaning tt my cycle is 30days.. so normally i shld ovulate on CD16-17.. so CD 1 starts frm the 1st day of ur LMP rite? can someone help me on tis? i am super blur abt it.....

and cutie, i can bet tt u haf strike tis month.. so wait for the line to get darker.. for some women, they need to be late for their AF for a wk before it shows on the PTK... JIA YOU!!

curiousgal,

CD1 start from 1st day of ur mense. My cycle is usually 30 days. But I super kiasu, start testing everyday from CD12 just in case I O early. Only got result on CD21. This month means I O late. As per their experience, I can test for BFP 18 days after O.

Cutie,

MS will be worse when the time comes. Just remember to keep urself hydrated. I drink non-refrigerated 100-plus (taught by my gynae) and tested out myself that diluted Ribena can kill my MS. All u have to do is try all sorts of thing and u will soon find something that can at least make u better. Another tip is eat small amount but many meals.

May, u r right!! i am kiasu too.. cos i also dun knw hw to tell frm my CM so i will try from CD10 onwards... (calculating from the 1st day of LMP...) so if i count CD16, then i wont be O-ing tis weekend liao... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] nvr mind, will try harder for higher chances... ahhahahaa.....

and CUTIE, dun be naughty k.. if u really r preggy, hw can u say u dun wan to. jus a passing phase n u can do it one!!!> hang in there...

cutie, congrats to u! u shld test again with clearblue today or tml. after reading yr post, i am super tempted to test also. coz my AF is late for 14 days and hugging the toilet bowl too after lunch. My breasts are also a bit sore...

hahaha.. curiousgal, u gave mi so much hope. anyway, i too tempted now to go to the nearby watson now to buy a testkit n check. :p

i think u shld test.. since u haf the symptons n AF late for 14days.. unless ur AF everytime late for so long, else u shld buy the kit n test.. waiting for ur good news!!!

sheryl,

wa peifu u leh.. late for 14 days u can endure dun test? I am already thinking of getting ready PTK and waiting there to miss my mense. hehe. super kiasu.

I think will get two. One compact clearblue and one digital. Hopefully can catch the word PREGNANT there. Am currently only CD26 and DPO6 but I am super kan jeong already.

in fact, i did test last week. Saw fainted lines.

I always vomit after lunch. Then the whole day will feel miserable & uncomfortable[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] can't concentre on work [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Congrats Cutie, I think should be good news!! Happy for you!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi ladies. am new here. also ttc. hmm jus wondering what all the abbrevs are... a bit blur reading the posts... wads CD ? BBT ? CM ? AF ? read le super blur.. thanks! hee hee

nova....ur hubby is so sweet...he muz be realli happi & excited thus veri proactive in the pregnancy....good dat u are not working now so can stay at home to yang tai...keep us posted of baby's progress okie....=)

cutie....sound veri veri exciting.....CONGRATS....yeah...dun overworked urself meanwhile alrite...take things easy & dun think too much...u dun wan a grouchy baby lor....wah so fast oreadi trying to matchmake babies le har....=)

candance....u will get used to the abbrevs slowly so take ur time...to help abit...

CD = Cycle Day

BBT = Basal body temperature

CM = cervical muscus

AF = Aunto Flo (period)

OPK = ovulation prediction kit

HPT = home pregnancy test

someone mentioned that the most accurate time to confirm accuracy of test is 18 days after ovulation.

usually, ovulation last for how many days?

if CD1 = 1 Mar, assume ovulation is CD 14 = 14 Mar,does it mean that Apr 1-2 would be the most accurate time to test for pregancy as it is 18 days after ovluation?

need some guidance. Thanks.

sparkletot....ovulation can last from 6 hr to 36 hrs depending on individual...u are right from the above calculation....as for gynae visit it oso depend on diff gynae practise....sum gynae dun see patients till 8 weeks while sum do not define any min gestation....hope I have help...

curiousgal (curiousgal)

Are you also ttc-ing? if you start on CD10, you & hubby may lose energy by CD16...I bought OPK (i think everyone knows already - got 100 so you can buy some from me if u need)to test out everyday after CD10. I am also charting my temp to ensure that it is low cos that's the temp if O happens.

Everyone, I am so jealous of all of you....so happy that allof you got the baby dust....curiousgal, both of us got to "add oil" this month. I am also on 30 day cycle and today is CD 11 for me. I must book my hubby from this Sunday (CD15) onwards and make sure he comes home not feeling too tired...hahaha

Hey all trying. Last month my friend taught me that example if your Menses arrives on a Sunday. Exactly 2 weeks after that, the Sunday, BD and alternate or every 3 days. That's what I did hehe and strike hope it helps!

Piyobaby, ya my hubby really very excited, he makes me even more excited. Really hope to enjoy the pregnancy. My friends are telling me that it goes by in a blink...

Cutie, Sheryl and Babe! Good luck in your test!!! Babydust dust!!!

Maywong, the first pregnancy test I used was the clearblue digital one, when we saw the word "pregnant" it felt a bit fake. Everything feels so surreal, like digital dunnoe spoil or not haha... Then my hubby rush out to buy the old fashion 2 stripes type called first response after testing then it was 2 nice red lines. That felt better... haha...

hi Pipi, i'm the one who is lazy to go to the ATM.. heee.. thus sugg to send via post... if i can managed to sealed it and make sure cant tell theres $$ thru the envelope, it shld be fine rite? my hubby nt arnd during CD16... cos he flying on CD13 and back on CD18 only.. thus might as well do it earlier.. and i think he wont be tired la. cos he is more 'active' in BD than me... hahahaha....

i must really add more OIL tis month.. hope to bring the same news too... and if i follow Novakido's method, on the 2nd week, exactly 2 weeks from the 1st day of LMP, he is nt arnd too... sob sob... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so tis month might be a bit difficult.. but i leave it to fate..

hey all a quick question - am already in my CD 17 ... bd on CD 15, 16 already .. should I continue....my tempreture did not maintain high leh .. does this mean unsuccessful?

a quick question for those who did OPK tracking, is ur AF reported exactly 14 days after O?? Do you really have EWCM on O day?? or it can be tested O but the CM is a bit dry liao?? i usually stop BD after I found my CM is getting dry..

Gals,

Would like to update you all further. I tested this morning with Clearblue digital n it shows a BFN. I feel sad. So, now I think my menses has gone haywired as it is overdue for 15 days n I am counting. Wondering if I should see a GP or gynae to regulate back my menses. Anyway, I am trying to be more positive. Hope my AF will report soon, so that I can try on the next cycle. Lots of bb dust to all and may all of us be grant a healthy bb soon.

Hi ladies,

I am new to this thread. I am also TTC for a 2009 baby. May i knw where can i buy those OPK which everyone is mentioning? Thanks.

Hi ladies, i am new here & starting to ttc this mth. But just when i had my 1st day of ovalution, we BD & then my ovalution just stopped suddenly, can any ladies explain to me wat happened?? Tot it normally lasts a few days, right?? TIA.

hi moon, u can buy from guardian or watson.. i seen it there before. but i find rather ex... maybe u can ask the gals where they buy the strips.. cheaper.. or u can buy from PiPi cos she bought in bulk tt time....

and if someone knw the answers to celia & prawnmee, please provide the answers.. its something i also wan to learn n knw abt...

hi, FA

how are u monitoring ur O? by observing CM or using OPK? If by OPK and u get a positive, ie test line is as dark or darker than control line, then u shld O in the next 24-36hrs. shld start BD then. normally O does not last more than a day, ie the egg can survive not more than 24hrs.

i read somewhere that during O, not necessarily have alot of CM sometimes. this is bcos amt of CM can be affected by stress, diet, etc.

if O, but not much CM, spermie will hv difficulty to swim up to the meet the egg. thus some ppl use some kind of lubricant like Preseed. myself never tried be4 so dunno whether it realli works.

as for temp tracking, i tried but too troublesome as need to take at the same time everyday, etc. somehow feel that alot of factors could affect ur BBT. shld not give ourselves more stress leh.... just BD when u feel like it...hee hee [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Prawnmee

My AF reports on the 15th day after O. The period between the O day and the day that AF reports is called the luteal phase (LP). This LP is different for everyone, but each person's LP will be the same every cycle. This means that for me, my LP is 14 days, so my every cycle the LP will be 14 days, but someone else may have LP of 12 days and her every cycle LP will be 12 days. A very short LP, eg. less than 10 days, will be a problem for ttc, need to see doctor.

For EWCM, normally I will start to have EWCM about two days before I O. Not necessarily everyone will have EWCM when they O, depends on various things, like diet and age. Some people never have EWCM, so the most fertile is when the CM is the most watery - can also. If you don't have fertile CM but think you are O-ing, you can try to use Pre-Seed as a substitute.

pinkie pirate,

u are here aso at this time...sneak in during office hrs, issit?

read dat u had a chemical pregnancy..hope u are ok now...stay positive... at least it proofs dat u CAN get preggie. just a matter of time, right? dat's what i feel aso aft my MC last Dec07.

Hi elina, i dun noe how to monitor my O & oso got no idea how to...me very blur one. My menses came on 27 Apr and i use the ovulation calculator, it shows my fertile period is from 8-13 May but then I did not feel wet at all leh, jus feel funny & wants to know whether any ladies experience tat??

Sparkletot, FA

Hope the following helps.

If you are using OPK, you are not detecting ovulation itself. You are only detecting the surge of the LH hormone which happens before ovulation. Usually, ovulation itself will happen after your OPK turns negative. So for example, generally if you test positive today, you will ovulate tomorrow. If you test positive for two days, you will ovulate on the third day. So that's why when you first test positive, you should BD and store up the sperm to wait for the egg.

Ovulation actually means the point when the egg is released (so it is actually just a few minutes), but that is not the important part. The important part is that, after ovulation, ie. after the egg is released, the egg is in your body and stays alive for up to 24 hours, like piyobaby said.

hi Pinkie pirate...what i meant wat my tempreture was high... for CD14 - 16 and yes i BD....

but i tot if the conception was sucessful... the tempreture will continue to rise? but no for me... my tempreture if the same @ 36.6 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] so does this mean ... anything?

Celia

Conception only takes place about DPO6 to DPO10, so you won't see much on your chart till then. If you like you can send me your chart, I can take a look.

good morning ladies!!!

today's breakfast menu for toilet bowl..vegetarian bee hoon... lunch menu... dun know yet...

sometimes i'm thinking of skipping the process of me eating the food..directly pour the food into toilet bowl... save time and effort..sighz... feeling so damn sick now...

wah..so many post above ah... read until feel like going to puke again....

ladies!!! dun congrats me yet...not confirm wor...i've yet to do another test...want to wait until sunday....=D although i dun really feel pregnant except the puking part... so i'm just jumping and hopping around as usual...hehe...

so ladies... have a very good thursday cos tomorrow is friday!!! Lots of bb dusts to everyone!!! *do labbit dance to shake more dusts off*

Sparkletot

You should go and see your gynae as soon as you can to make sure that the pregnancy is in the right place (ie. not ectopic, etc), scan for cysts or fibroids, make sure that your blood sugar is normal, and make sure that you are taking enough folic acid for your requirements. Many gynaes now will see you as early as you want, except that if earlier than 5 to 6 weeks, you won't be able to see the sac/embryo, but you can still check the other things. Even non-preggie women also can see gynae. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

FA,

Maybe you O late? I also use ovulation calculator and say my fertile period is around 2-6 May but end up only tested 2 red line on 9 May and that's when I discover the discharge is sticky. Hope it helps.

pinkie pirate, thanks for answering my question, I do only BBT but never track my ovalation, i just anyhow hamtum, my gynea did told me it doesn't matter how long is ur cycle, ur AF will definitely reported 14 days after O day, so we should work backward for the O day, now i am thinking whether to track my O day in order to know my LP? I dun wan to put tooo much strees to myself by tracking all this thing.. but it oso very stress and sad everytime AF reported.. me in CD3 now, very bad mood since CD1 till today, think my mood will be very bad till my AF end

elina, u mean if i tested +ve with OPK, i still not O yet? it only happen after 24hr?

prawnmee, why your gynae so funny, ask you to work backwards to find O day ... important thing is to look in advance for O day ma, so that you can be prepared to BD, not look backwards after you O already! a bit no point right...so funny.

Ovulation may not happen on the same day every cycle. If you feel stress about tracking your O, then, if you have a 30-day cycle, just BD every two or three days starting from CD10 to CD18, should already cover the O day normally.

Anyway, since you are doing BBT you can already see your O day from the BBT chart and can already count your LP.

hi all,

i really find the part on finding ur O day really confusing... there are too many different methods n way.. but most commonly heard from frens, forums etc is thru the EWCM... i cant seems to find any.. tats y i 'hamtump' every month.. hoping tt i will strike 1 month.. ahhaha :p

sheryl, i hope u can be back to normal n dun think so much.. hoping ur AF reports soon n u can start a new cycle again...

curiousgal,

u r so funny...how many cycles hv u used ur hantum method? most couples will get preggie within a yr of trying. if still no news within a yr, then need to see a gynae. dun stress urself, k?

hope to hear gd news from all of us TTC gals soon...

elina, tis is my 4th cycle starting from May..

hee... :p actually haven really tried long enuf too.. i am nt stress la, actually more excited abt the ttc-ing portion.. but of cos, do feel the sense of anxiousness nearing AF due date and the disappointment when AF reports.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back