(2010/12) December 2010 MTB

Aiko, according to my friend's doctor, infant with fever, shld sponge her with water to keep her temperature down n give her paractemol and cooling gel pads, and monitor her temperature hourly. If it doesn't goes down or keep going up, keep sponge her with water, cooling gel pads and get her to hospital. Do not stop sponging nor cooling gel pads coz u already decides to get her to the hospital, coz their fever can escalate very fast, keep doing it until you get to the hospital.

dewdew, I may go to the medicine Hall again this week. I will update here also whether is it made in Swiss or Pinoy.

I will wait for my sample.

Aiko, just feed the panadol, and let her drink more fluid, sponge her. Will helps to bring down the temp, this is low grade fever. Monitor the fever and see how. Don't over dress her. Even bring to hospital, they will only sponge her only.

Thanks muddypaws, I guess that is just general way they reply bah.

Hello!

I'm down with fever since yst. :-( Then today woke up with gastric-like pain and somehow the pain radiates the whole tummy and back, really painful. But now feeling better after taking Panadol and napping almost whole day. Sigh.. I hope I won't trf to my son but my hb has been taking care of him most of the time.

Re: FM

How long can we keep a tin of milk after it's opened? I have a tin of Similac which I bought to chg him but after he broke out with rashes after his jab and starting on Similac, I stopped. Thinking of trying again after he finished all his NAN HA 1.

Aiko: Yup, just feed panadol and if her fever gets higher, sponge her to bring the fever down.

Last Sat, I started giving my boy cereals, Nestle Cerelac White Rice. Such a messy affair! But he seems to like it. It's so funny to see him eat.. he will open his mouth and move towards the spoon, and chomp! But initially he doesn't really know how to suck the food in, so alot end up outside his mouth. After awhile he was ok. I made very little only, with 50ml milk, he took in 25ml then was cranky, didn't want to drink his milk thereafter. Next day, I made with 25ml milk, he finished it fast, had to make another 25ml and this time he was better at it.

Re: Solids

Btw, how to know how much cereals/solids is equivalent to his milk intake? I mean, after feeding solids, need to give milk after that, since the cereals is more feeling. And if I start feeding other stuff like pureed fruits, then how does that count to his daily intake? Hmm... blur coz last time, milk, very easy, just by how many ml.

Just wanted to share this. Very very funny.

http://www.newbornbabyzone.com/baby-care/the-dos-and-donts-newborn-baby-care-pics/

heiya moms,

looks like everyone had a great time during the gathering.

Anyway, sorry suppose to meet today but no1 threw such a big fit this morn,refused to go daycare and well my husb and i tried coaxing,bribery,she refused, so cant go out today.

But she was helping me to entertain no1 while i cook,do housework and even take turn to bath 2 of them.

Anyway, i hope next week am able to make it.

Anyone keen on dessert out with the babe? should be town area,since most mom here dont stay in the east.

haiz, the sample Nestle passed to me was NAN HA 2! i wanted Nan Pro 2 leh... haizz...

so now i have:

1 x Mamil

3 x Similac

1 x Nan HA

anyone wants to trade with me?

Mummies

I really missed out all the gatherings and forum too.. Only had time to browse but nt much time to reply as was busy.. I wanna join the nxt meetup...

Nestle sample.

I hven req for Nestle.. Who wan me to req for u and can also help me req for Friso 2?? Sms/PM me. 98330332

Subject: June Gathering

Date: 18-June

Time: After 1pm

Venue: TBA

Attendees:

1) Dew

2) Eon

3) yvaine

4) muddypaws

5) Juliana

6) cherry

7) PSH

8) Debbie

9) liling

10) Dbaby (priscilla)

11) amuro

12) CC

13) dec mum (tbc)

14) Melissa

15) Lena

16) Lovebyte

17) Neko

18) Pauline

19) yuffizz

20) klitz

21) bbribena (Christina Loh on FB)

22) Sharon

Aiko, read your post abt your hubby using room temp water to make FM and use warmer to warm it, so funnie, lol.. but ya, guys can be so clueless!

Anyway hope your gal fever is down already.

bbribena, hope you are feeling better now. Anyway washing and sterilising is hard work man, I sterilise after every feed and pump so when I did not have helper , can feel my hands getting wrinkled by all that washing.

Eon, I also jiu gui previously...but since getting together with hubby seldom drink le cos he doesn't drink and also you stay so far, ...arhhh....

Anyway I feel heartened that we all face the same problems at some point or another, at least I don't feel so alone. And yes Dewdew, when I have cooled down, will try to think of his merits and then he don't seem that bad after all. I also very softhearted one...dunno good or bad.

Pauline, how come staying apart? you only stay with hubby on weekends?

Oshgosh, welcome back! can imagine you must have missed your gals a lot. Good that you are able to recharge before going back to work. Personally I don't think I can bear to leave Darius and not see him for more than 1 day...even at work also miss him!

GSS coming!!!

Tangs & Isetan private sale: 25.05(wed)

Takashimaya sale: 26.05(thu) to 29.05(sun)

Philips Carnival Sale: 28.05(sat) to 29.05(sun)

Bz bz shopping week for me.. hope u all enjoy too..

Hi Mummies, sorry to disturb your thread.

I have 25 packs of EBM to give away (dated from Early April 2011). Reason for so is I am expressing my milk daily and now, my freezer is full- gotten clear space for newer ebm.

Just some additional information:

- I am a chinese mummy who delivered my daughter on 18 Jan 2011

- Since birth, my daughter is on total breast milk. Cos of that reason, after latching my daughter, I pump out the balance milk (to store for rainy days esp when I go back to sch)

- FYI: I am a non smoker. Besides that, I am strict on my diet: no coffee, no tea and no spicy food and I take fruits daily

- The breastpump that I use is Avent and I sterilize it using Avent sterilizer before pumping. And after pumping, I use Kodomo Cleanser for Baby Bottles and Accessories to wash the breastpump

- As for the breastmilk, it is stored in Boots milkbag

- On average, 1 milkbag contains 9oz of breast milk.

Self collect at my house- Bt Panjang (Fajar).

PS: Pls bring along your own cooler bag and ice pack.

If you are interested, pls contact me directly at 8421 5286.

Subject: June Gathering

Date: 18-June

Time: After 1pm

Venue: TBA

Attendees:

1) Dew

2) Eon

3) yvaine

4) muddypaws

5) Juliana

6) cherry

7) PSH

8) Debbie

9) liling

10) Dbaby (priscilla)

11) amuro

12) CC

13) dec mum (tbc)

14) Melissa

15) Lena

16) Lovebyte

17) Neko

18) Pauline

19) yuffizz

20) klitz

21) bbribena (Christina Loh on FB)

22) Sharon

23) Amelia (TBC)

morning mummies and daddies ^_^

aiko: hows your girl? has the fever subside?

jul: try not to carry your son. drink more water and rest more so that you can recover faster.

Eon: Tried not to carry him too much, let my hb handle him but last night my hb tried to make him sleep, he cried. So I wore N95 mask to make him sleep and middle of the night, I fed him also coz my hb looked very impatient, my boy was fussing a little. I slept in a different room just in case.

Today feeling better but just a little diarrhea in the morning. Yst vomited once. I think gastric flu. Hope I'm ok now, seems ok. Need to drink more water, always forget...

Oh btw, Fox Kids having sales. Up to 50% off and additional 10% for POSB/DBS cards. I managed to get a shirt for my boy at 40+10 off and some tshirts.

jul, no joke leh, u better rest more. yr hb needs to learn to take care of your boy otherwise if you are really sick, who's gonna take care? wash your hands often and apply dettol hand sterilizer.

Good Morning Mummies ;o)

I've many tins of Mamil Gold Stage 2 (400g) to exchange for Similac Stage 2. Pls PM me if keen, I'm open to sell the Mamil Gold as well.

Preferred collection points : Orchard MRT during lunch hours, Jurong West & Bukit Batok

Morning mummies!

Wow..so many gatherings going on!

Eon: ur gathering sounds gd but sembawang v.far for me,furthermore me no gd with direction,haha.u gals have tons of fun!

dew: wow,korean bbq sounds gd. i confirm my attendance after knowing the venue k.hee. btw, how u got so many tins of similac huh? I give my boy similac and only got 1 sample le.can exchange with you after i get my Nan Pro2. Requested for it but yet to hear from them.

Milk sample: Enfa called yesterday but said will only send over when my boy is full 6mth old.so whoever has similac and wants Enfa let me know k, can exchange too.

Amelia: wat milk sample u wan to exchange for?

starting on solid: i see many of u starting on solid, me oso tempted. But will wait till bb is 6mth old. think drinking milk is still easier..lol. lazy mum. but luckily my mil cooks porridge for my nephew everyday, so think can jus mashed n let my boy eat.

muddypaw:hey, i rem u told me tat ur gal can sit for 1 hr to watch baby einstein n my boy can only managed 5 or 10 mins, but nowadays he improved liao!cos keep playin for him,now he can finish the whole dvd. at least he is occupied with sthg while i take my breakfast.haha. but ur gal is still very smart ,she learn things very fast and can even sit in the bike.clever gal!

Ya, I also scared I trf it to my son. Gastric flu really no joke lor, esp for such young bbs. I wear mask and use the hand sanitizer if I have to carry him. Yst, I was thinking whether shd I room in or not, but in the end, for my boy's sake, I slept in the study.

But he was crying when my hb carry him to sleep, I think my hb very very warm, so he always feel uncomfy when my hb carry him. So I took over. And feeding also coz my hb was sleepy n tired, he had killer eyes, so I quickly took over. Haha..I hope no harm done! Fingers crossed.

dewdew: i think we have to cancel or change the venue of the drinking session le. cause most of the mummies find my place too far for them.. sob sob.. any suggestion?

i have mamil and similac to exchange for nan pro 2. wana change my gal to nan pro instead of nan ha... anyone wana exchange?

i cant register on the nestle website using my personal laptop too!!! what is wrong? arrrggghhh.. tried till sianz!!!

amelia:if tigger can get it 1st, u go ahead,otherwise i let u know after i got my nan pro 2 sample

jul:eek:mg...take care get well soon ya.

amelia, i'll be going there very early with my hb! lol... u sure u wanna join us? i'm gonna be there by 8am, latest (cos wanna beat the ERP). i'm planning to buy many household products, like mop, pots, pans, baking stuff... wah, $$$ fly away. :p i will pm u my hp number. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

CC, i have 3 tins of Similac 2. Am looking to exchange for Nan Pro 2 also... but I guess there're many mummies looking for Nan Pro 2 as well. Who is using Mamilgold? Any reviews for it?

Eon, why dun i try to register in Nestle for you? U send me your details I will key in for u? I hv no problem registering.

As for drinking session, how about we meet in town then? Will that be better?

sharon: my dad is helping me to look after my boy during the weekdays.. sending my boy everyday to my dad place and back to my hse is very tedious. and my hb is a teacher, always nt free de.. and i believe his face will be black black lo.. will complain why my dad cant come our hse and stay. my dad got to pray every morning and cook for my bro.. so can't stay with us lo. my hb will drive me to dad place monday morning and back to our hse fri night. im quite ok with the arrangment cos my hb dun really help me up mah.. cannot be after work i got to look after baby straight away mah.. my dad will at least help me to look after my boy till i finish pumping milk, have dinner..

pauline, your arrangement is just like mine. i stay with my parents during the weekdays too, and it is a lot easier. like u said, it's not easy to take care of baby straight away after work, still need time to wash up, have dinner then can take care. and your hb... haizz... some men are just like that, so just close both eyes and ignore.

Jul,

Take care ya.. Must remember to wear mask and keep washing hands.. Very chaim one.. So hands put some cream before sleep

Monday Bishan gathering

Do let me know who is keen ya..

dewdew: okok, i will pm the information over to you.

yes, im ok with meeting in town. any suggestion?

jiu gui kakis: venue change to town. come! come! join us!!!

Eon: Gathering in Sembawang? I wanna go but then, I scared still got remnants of my virus on Sat. I dun drink but I can bring some wine! I've got plenty for someone who doesn't drink! hahaha.. Next time I can organize one drinking session at my plc too but most likely with my shy hb ard.

jul: change le... cause most mummies find our places too far =(

if you have recover by saturday, join us loh. we can set off together to go town... happy hours!!!

jiu gui kakis:

here are a few options for saturday evening chit chat and drinking session:

1) KPO - Killiney Post Office (opposite Orchard Central)

2) No. 5 or Ice Cold Beer - Emerald Hill

3) Harry's Bar - Esplanade

4) Brotzeit - Raffles City

5) Loof - North Bridge Road (near Raffles City also)

Good morning mommies and daddies[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Alexis stratch her ear till bleed, alamek. I was shock to see blood on her bedsheet. She seems alright, so I just didn't make a big fuss in front of her. She not pain then okay lor.

Mommies who are feeding their babies Nan pro, I did up a spreadsheet Nan pro 1 vs Nan pro 2. If you are interested, please PM me I will email to you. Crystal, dewdew, Deon, I will email you now[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Now my eyes blur blur from reading the small prints from the pic[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Pardon me if I make mistakes hoh. I old liao, lao hua yan leh.

dewdew, you should call Nestle up and ask for exchange. bad CS service leh. Has Gwen started on Nan pro 2, do note that the scoops are different hoh, ask your mom not to mix up, cos nan pro 2 one is deeper than nan pro 1.

amelia, are u an isetan card member? members private sale starts at 8:30am. that's why i'm chionging down so early, i only took half day leave. hehe...

stefie, i think forget it lah. they all CS like that, i also not bothered liao. want to get one sample also so difficult. maybe Nan Pro 2 sample ran out, left Nan HA? wahhahahhaha... i'll go look for my Nan Pro 2 made in Switzerland one better...

i also went back home to read the ingredients. to summarise, protein is higher in Pro 2, DHA lower. Pro 1 also has more vitamins than Pro 2, so I'm not sure why the CS say there's no difference in Pro 1 and Pro 2. it's not just marketing leh... :p

dewdew, yes lor. I also wonder why the CS advise like that. I guess must be a resignee counting down to her last day with nestle. Really bad CS leh. Sub-standard leh. If not for Alexis can drink nan pro, I would not continue with such lousy CS. Nestle is huge company leh, not good image with lousy CS.

I will also look around see got Made in Swiss Nan pro 2 and update Nan pro mommies here.

dewdew: im ok with all.. in fact i used to frequent ice cold beer pre-pregnancy. i love the wings and pizza there. hehe

aiko: hope she will recover soon. you take care too.

stefie: thank you so much for doing so much for us!!! ^_^

Eon Eon, you are the most welcome. Next round will be vs other FM once I rec other samples. I also need to know what am I feeding Alexis leh.

Eoneon

Drinking session!? Woo... I wished i can join but tough cos BB only wan me to coax him slp at nite. I went wedding dinner on sun nite and though he was so tired, he refused to slp til i am back. Heard frm my mum n grandma tt he keep look arnd the hse, like searching for me. Guess what? once i am hm, feed him 1 more feed, and he looked at me after finished his milk, did big biz and doze off. No choice gt to chng pampers and he wakes up again. But i pat him back to slp and he slp lo.. haiz....

Yellow Mustard Sticky cum a bit Watery Poo

Any BB with the above description poo?? I realised my boy had been having this mustard yellow poo and been a week. I asked PD during his last jab and she said its ok. Diahhorea means 3-4 times a day, and watery. But if its jus 1 time, its not. But i dun knw if its due to the chng of FM, cos he started it only after finishing 1 tin of Friso 2 le.. Help!!

Jul

Fox Kids havin sales at their shops or only specific plcs? i wan to go n see gt wat good buy.. heheh =)

dewdew: i m isetan member .. i didnt notice it starts from 830am .. maybe tomorrow i should come to work earlier then go to shop before start working .. i think i will just go there for 30mins, fast fast look see buy

Mummies,

I see many of you have samples to exchange here and there.

Where do you all get the samples? Do you get it randomly such that you received those you dun wan thus wana exchange?

hi mommies.. me also down the last few days. fever since sunday. took panadol and developed allergy to it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] eye swollen. i'm allergic to the NSAIDS class of drugs like synflex, ponstan, but panadol has always been ok. but the fever kept recurring so no choice took another 2 doses of panadol. from upper eye lid it spread to undereye puffiness. sigh. so i tried another brand of panadol yesterday night, so far so good. but got all the other symptoms like diarrhea, running nose, sore throat. really hope i won't spread to my kids else it's another headache. still feverish today, it really saps me of energy to do anything at all. and we're celebrating our girl's birthday in school tomoro. supposed to get the cake, goodie bags ready, nothing done yet. now just feeling so woozy

Nan - wow really a lot of info to know about Nan ha and Nan pro and country of origin. so now should i request for the sample or wait til the switzerland one is in??

since i have dumex sample i'll try that first when my girl turns 6 minths this sunday. if ok will just stick to that. in which case i'll put up my Nan for exchange :D

Back