(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Hi Chris & Enmummy,

my experience with Mt E midwife was *thumbs up* as compare to Mt A. They dun force u to do Vaginal examination if u feel very uncomfortable. I have terrible backache, the midwife at Mt E help me with hot compress but Mt A nurse will keep asking u to take epi. (think she had enough of my groan and scream). Hm... I think Mt A still have the old 2 bedder ward so I dunno will it depends on luck or not.... Heee..... My gynae shown me the price of the 1 bedder and 2 bedder as compare to Mt A difference of 200 bucks for each of them... And its my 3rd so i scare labour might be fast, my gynae at mt E therefore i think better deliver there. I may opt for 1 bedded upon admission... *Super contemplating*

Hi mummies,

I believe most of you will be breastfeeding your bb. I would like to advise mummies to apply nipple cream now rather than when u start to bf. Once u start to bf, your nipples will become sore and cracked due to poor latching and frequent feeding. If you take good care of your nipples now, it will minimize the crack , dryness and soreness. My nipples started to crack when Im in my 12 weeks.

Hi mummies,

I believe most of you will be breastfeeding your bb. I would like to advise mummies to apply nipple cream now rather than when u start to bf. Once u start to bf, your nipples will become sore and cracked due to poor latching and frequent feeding. If you take good care of your nipples now, it will minimize the crack , dryness and soreness. My nipples started to crack when Im in my 12 weeks.

Hi Shan,

I find that the price of diaper in Jusco is not really that cheap. I went racky the price, find that its only 1 to 2 dollars difference. I compared price of Mamy poko and huggies. Unless u happen to go in and shop then u grab if not its not worth. *just my 2 cents* [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

p.s. Please pardon me if my posting is double as im using my hp. Dunno y like dat....

Yes. I have been applying since 12 weeks. My nipples crack till can see the lines like train track. I went to mom essential @ suntec to buy the organic one (I use it as lip balm too). I find it better than Pure Lan cream which is super thick and will stain bra. Remember when u bath dun soap the nipples. It will cause it to be dry and crack. Imagine when ur bb first taste ur milk has soap smell.... Haaa.... *just joking* My friend shared this joke with me but find it logical and funny though....

Hi, this is Rita from Bumwear :)

I just want to let Whim and OrangeBB know that our showroom in Jalan Pemimpin has been closed down since end of June. We have moved our office to Changi North but we have no showroom there. Please don't make a wasted trip to Jalan Pemimpin.

The most complete selection of our diapers can be seen at our shop @ #01-35 United Square. We're currently having a 20% storewide discount to celebrate our 8th Anniversary. The specials will be until 15th September 2010.

Thanks and regards,

Rita

http://www.Bumwear.com

VT: congrats and welcome.

jewel: yes i got my ogtt report liao..normal range is less than 140, and my reading after the 2hrs blood test is at 146...slightly higher.

oh u been living on soup..but then isn't it not filling enough? don't u get hungry easily? i really headache now what i can eat during lunch time...cos at hawker center..mostly are noodles, rice type...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Crack nipple: I've been applying anti-stretch mark cream on my breast & nipple everyday. It prevents cracking & dry skin. If it cracks reali bad try using face moisturizer. If it's gentle enough for ur face, it shud be gentle enough for ur nipple [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ermmm: OIC. I have a fibroid but I didn't have pain. I always forget to ask about it and my gynae didn't think it was worth mentioning also.

Jen: The BW place I patronise is Strips at Wheelock Place.

Pilates ladies:

Won't be attending class tmr, because infection came back with a vengeance on Wed. Sigh.

Just saw dr today for more medicine, including anti-biotics. Miss going for class, see you all the following wk... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Mummies experienced in BW:

Tried BW once, but it was sooo super painful!

Just wondering why some mummies are going for BW to prepare for delivery? Is it more for hygiene or aesthetic reason or something else I missed out altogether??

Will be happy to hear from the "experienced" mummies on this. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Oh, just now I went to Vivo with my SO to use up some vouchers... so now I have 10.5 items out of 34 (I added the bottle/nipple cleanser into the original 33 items from KK, so have a ttl of 34 items). One item on the way to me, so maybe I can still try and aim to buy all the items.

For bottle/nipple detergent, I bought 1 bottle of Pigeon's one. Is the detergent actually necessary? I mean, is salt and water and brush enough since the baby is drinking breastmilk and it shd not be dirty?

Sophia, I think face moisturizer is not appropriate to be used on nipples. Altho everything is skin, but nipple area has no pores unlike face/body skin, cannot absorb lotion/moisturiser the same way the face can. My two cents worth...

VT, I'm glad to hear that you had a good experience with Mt E nurses. I am also very fearful of vaginal examinations because i heard they are quite painful, so the fewer checks the better!

About nipple cream, I was also thinking the same way although I haven't started. So do you apply on the nipple only or on the whole area including the areola?

orangebb, you having cramp like feeling? do observe whether they come in intervals and check with your doctor if they don't go away after some bed rest...i heard so many mummies having early contractions and they are not aware of it...hope you feel better soon though...take care...

Jollymummy rest well ok and we will catch up next wk ya. Jiayou oh ;)

Whim, good work, slowly see the numbers go up in ur list le. Hee!

Ya I also think we shld start apply nipple cream early. I also don knw hw to clean the nipples but was told to rub it gently during bath.

Whim,

I think because the rolled blanket only supports the biggest part of my calfs (which I normally feel the tightness aft cramp), compared to the pillow which is the whole calfs.

Jollymummy,

rest well and hope infection go away soon!!

Hi enmummy, cherrry and whim,

I use cotton pad to clean my nipples after bath. (actually i din know that our nipples can be so 'dirty' cos the cotton pad will have 'xian dan' (in hokkien) and yellowish). Haa... I dun wan my bb to drink my first milk with added ingredients so I told myself have to clean. After that i just apply the nipple balm on the nipples. A little goes a long way. And it is safe during breastfeeding too...

Sorry i am not getting any commission fm mum essential, im super excited when i found this product. For my last 2, i have been using Pure Lan but I dun find it effective.

From this pregnancy then I know there are so many new bb products as compare to last time. Im so suan gu when I started to source for bb stuffs. Im a SAHM now.

enmummy, Yes. VE is super uncomfortable. Imagine 5 fingers 'digging' down there not once but a few times. I only let the nurse did once then the next time, I insisted to wait for my gynae.... Hee... The nurse at Mt E just leave me alone. But the nurse at Mt A will say if u dun let us check, how do we know when to call the doc.. I dun care and said I will call you when my bb is coming out just dun touch me. I was thinking I paid so much for my gynae, he should be there for me if not I would have choose kkh. Haa... Think they called my gynae cos he appeared shortly.

whim

breast milk generally more oily due to the food we eat. so if u pump n feed bb wif btls, btls r oily n hv to b washed wif btl liquid cleanser. i used a lot wen bb is younger. dun forget u stil need them to wash the breast pumps too. general brands like pigeon or tollyjoy r okie to use. personally i used pigeon cos i like the smell

Hi Jollymummy,

Luckily you post your experience with BW. I have been wondering beside shaving (which Im been blocked by my tummy), is there any alternatives? The area so sensitive, I think I will jump and scream!

I shave for hygiene purpose. But when you deliver, the nurse will shave the bottom part for you.

Jewel, u have to eat frequent meals but selective food cos soup alone cant tahan long rite? can u take brown rice or organic food?

Mummies, how much is your total weight gain since T1 till now? I went for my check up at 26 weeks. I only gained 5kg and my bb is about 986g. My gynae ask me to increase my intake of food. I told him I cant. My ribs will be very pain, now I eat 60% full I also find my stomach and ribs very bloated and pain. Then he advise break all meals into small and frequent meals. Does anyone have this prob? Appreciate your sharing.

VT, welcome.. about the nipple, how do we define whether our nipple is dry leh? so far *cross finger* my nipples looks the same before preggy, cept is larger n darker now.

Jollymummy, do take care oh! dun pass ur virus to ya girl too.. ;p

Hi Meiyun,

Just water and cotton pad will do.

Oh ya... Im like you will be doing confinement alone. I will be ordering the food from Natal Essential as recommended from my friend and cooking the red date drink using thermal magic cooker.

But I feel sad cos I will leave my boys with my mum and inlaws. X my fingers that they will not feel neglected due to mei mei arrival. My hubby might be outstation too so i will be alone. Heard many stories about CL and maids very scare though. I checked the price for CL to cook for my hubby and children, they charge extra 500 to 1k. So I decided to take up catering confinement food.

Hi Mrs Lee,

I dunno it is becos I bf before, my nipples were very dry and has crack lines e.g. like our heels but not to that extend of very deep cut. at first I thot it is too early to source for a good nipple cream then I happened to come across the nipple balm while shopping at Suntec. so I do my maintenance first if not when start to bf, it will be very pain and have to air the nipples. Wah the thot of the pain and engorgement made me *shiver*...

thanks enmummy and mummywong, i will take a look on the link. enmummy, can pm me the price of the beansprout pillow? Thanks!

jollymummy> get well soon!!

Vt and other moms

I think must really clear up this wrong impression of kk being e cheapest place to give birth. At our recent outing, i found out that Kk (for pte) is one of e most exp places ard.

Flin.and i were talking abt our kk experiences. For example, i pay $77.04 just recently to see e doc (no ultrasound, no meds/vitamins). My doc is a consultant at kk who i chose, so i m paying pte rates.

Think there are a few gynes/ pte hospitals that offer package, so moms pay much less than me.

Kk is NOT cheap to give birth.... just want to make that clear.

i would have to agree with Whim.

A friend is seeing a gynae in KKH but she alredy used more than $500 & she's only 6mths preggo. That exclude vitamis, U/S, 3D scan and all other examination. Where else I'm seeing a pte gynae in his clinic and i paid $650 for de pkg which incl. all essential scans, check and vitamins. The up part of going to KKH is it's subsidiced by the govt when bb pop.

According to my gynae de most expensive is still Mt.E.

Cherrry, Hammiebao, Mrs Lee, Nana:

Thanks, really hope to be well soon. Really sick of being sick!

Actually my hubby passed the germs to tot and I. Hubby still a bit sick, tot almost recovered and I'm faring the worst.

Anyway, GP said a pregnant woman's immunity is weaker or suppressed so will take longer to recover. Moreover, now's the season for flu, cough, chickenpox, HFMD, etc, all coming at the same time, so all mummies just be careful and keep healthy! =)

KKH:

What I know is that KKH will be the cheapest place if you do not choose your gynae and be a Class C patient, then you enjoy highest amt of subsidy if spouse works for govt. Otherwise, might as well go for private hospitals.

VT:

I tried BW once for fun a few years ago, still remembered how painful it was.

My usual beautician asked me to try again bec she got new type of wax that other salons are already using some time ago and she said it's not as painful.

I had c-sect for #1 so the nurse shaved off for me. But I don't think all hospitals have policy of shaving for patients who are going thru natural birth right??

Mummies who had natural birth can let me know if the nurses shaved for you? Thanks!

Still wondering if mummies here can tell me why need a BW before delivery?? Thanks!!

ya, KK is not cheap if u choose their private suit (TPS). by now, we have paid more than $500 already. Luckily both hubby and my side can claim both consultation & delivery. =D

Sohia: how much is subsidized by govt when giving birth? me n my hub not working for govt

KKH, ya i agree.. tho its gov hospital but its not the cheapest lo. my fren labour there last year, price that she paid rather smiliar w TMC.

Orangebb, wah.. tats very good can claim! hahha..

jollymummy, abt BW, i decided to do it cos me usually will use hair remover to remove my 'girlfrend's hair. cos i swim regular, so givin birth, the more i wan to do BW. my previous experience not painful for me la, dunno its due to the staff's skill or i can tolerate it. ;p

VT, ok..think i will take note in not applyin toomuch soap while bathin at nipple area.

Thanks VT on sharing how to take care our impt tool for baby's milk. Hee.. Regarding weight, from T1 to now, I only put on 3kg. I asked gynae he says it's okay as long as baby is growing well. At 25wks my baby is 800 over grams and I'm on the petite size. He didn't ask me to eat extra more. And I don't think we shld force ourselves to do tat either bcos it's hw much our body can take in the nutrients not hw much food we throw into ourselves. And somemore now we might start to get indigestion and heartburn so don't force urself ba. Ur baby weight is doing great! So tats most impt [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi VT,

Thanks for your advice. My weight gain is around 6.8kg from T1 till nw cuz I been sick with high fever during May and 1st wk Aug tt why I did not eat much during tt period. At my checkup during 26 weeks, my baby is at 840gm and my gynae said it is ok.

KKH: the price for a fixed gynae is comparable to Pte Hospital. But if u have choosen to be delivered by any doc on duty, it is cheap. My gf experience freaked me out. Her gal was delivered by a MO then she had to wait for an hour before a doctor came to stitch her viginal.... OMG! I faint manz.... I thot after birth stitching must be chop chop fast fast one.... *puzzled*

Hi ladies,

Last time I saw a chart somewhere, can't rmb where ald. KKH is among the top 5 in terms of price. TMC more exp. I can oni rmb these 2 cos those were my choices. and the cheapest to deliver bb in Sg is SGH. I chose KKH in the end cos my gynae said easier for me to see psychiatrist for depression, which I really needed to in the end. Patients at the private suite are treated like private patients and pay a lot too.

BW,

I did last pregnancy becos I felt that the area can be kept cleaner for the wound to heal better. I didn't want the nurse to shave cos I scared the regrowth will be stubbly and unbearable so I went for 3 or 4 sessions. The nurse didn't shave me in the end when I was in labour even tho I didn't make it for my final BW as planned, guess it wasn't v long and I heard they didn't shave my fren oso even tho she dun usually shave one. But then I found that w/o hair down there, when peeing, the spray go in all directions, sometimes might flow down thigh when I'm hovering over the bowl, so must sit down, means go public toilet v troublesome. Keke so funny describing this. So this time I dun intend to go for BW, I'm juz gg to trim closer to edd. Hope can reach man, otherwise dunno how.

I'm with kkh and under the private suite. Yup it is not that cheap in Kk. I spend quite alot too. Actually depending on individual pregnacy , if u don't have any complication or further test to test. I think it still fine.

But private suite the service , ambience is good and waiting time is shorter compare to other clinic in kkh. . But u have to pay as private patient. And the gynae u see is fixed.

Hi mummies,

I just came back from my week 28 consultation today. Bubba's around 1kg. So it's all good [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I've been experiencing some braxton hicks - my stomach just tightens and hardens out of the blue - usually when i'm walking or showering. But the gynae said it's ok as long as it's not in intervals of 5-15mins.

Re KKH charges. I personally think it's quite ex considering it's a pub hosp. My consulation cost around 80, then routine test is another 12

Oh yes, for those mums who wanna to do 3d/4d scan. I had mine done at NUH. It's 160 (for those without packages with NUH) which includes 1 dvd and 2 photos. Personally I dont think it's worth it. They just scan your baby's face and that's it. My bubba was quite active and leaning against the wall, so it was quite hard to take a good look at him. Nevertheless, it was still quite fun because i saw him open and close his mouth, scratch his eyes, and the most amazing is, he actually open his eyes to look at me! hehee

Hope all mummies are doing well. Remember not to over exert ourselves!

Cherrry: u only gained 3kg! u will resume ur pre-preggy weight instantly after birth if this bb is your 1st. envy! haaa.... actually im petite too. so my last 2 boys my total weight gain at their birth was 10 and 9 kg respectively. But my 2nd boy left me with a tummy! Haa... Tell u a joke, I think my major weight gain goes to my 'lulu and lucy' I think my cup size have promoted from C to E and there is still room to grow.... I dun like big boobs.... With our frame.... too much is a waste... LOL...

mummies with low placenta:

My gynae detected that I had low placenta during T1 as I had bleeding thru out till 14 weeks. But it has since moved up and not blocking the cervic.

Please try to walk slowly, do not lift heavy things and rest is impt. More walking is advisable when u r at 36 weeks and not now. Last week, when I went check up, a lady broke her waterbag at 32 weeks in the clinic. My gyane ask her to go KKh becos the cost of premature bb stay in pte hospital range between 500 - 2k per day. Unless u have insurance to cover premature birth if not the hospital bill is gonna cost a bomb. So mummies enjoy your pregnancy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Flin,

KKH dun have 3D/4D scan?

So nice to see the little chubb chubb inside...

U are lucky that ur bb is quite co-operative. My frend told me the pic of the scan really depend on the bb. Some bb like to hide at the placenta then cant see. Think the price is about the same as Raffles Hospital.

Im thinking to go Raffles Hospital then can go jalan after that.

Thanks for sharing. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

hi vt...

dont think kkh has 3d scan.

my bb was moving around so i could see alot of his "expressions". very cheeky. i went with my gf and her daughter was sleeping the whole time. so good girl compared to my son. hehe

btw ur hubbie must be happy with lulu and lucy! hehehe

Back