(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

anyone tried "sacred tea" to increase the milk supply for breastfeeding? is it really helpful? i'm thinking of getting one pack from here. any adivse? http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4312674.html?1282838058

clover/shan: can i tumpang on the herbal pack? can help me to buy some packs from JB too?

bb's weight:

most of the bb here weigh more than 1kg during weeks27-28. mine only 900g during weeks27. any other mummies' bb weigh below 1kg here during weeks27-28?

Mrs Lee, I am keen on BW too...me a BW virgin, so totally no clue...ouch!

Last nite I told my husband that I had cramps on my calf the night before adn when I screamed out in pain, he still sound asleep but just placed his hand over me. Then I complained last night and he said...What can I do? Massage no use..u must use deep heat! I was like...wah lau...all the other mummies in forum when have leg cramps the husband's job is to massage it for her, and not ask her to go use deep heat. Then this mummy, i woke him up to massage it...don't care. Anywaqy, our type of cramp is like jabbing pain, not the sportsmen kind of muscle hardening cramp right?: My comes like a jab into my calf very fast and goes off quite fast too.....Do you all get the same sensation? And it tends to come when I straighten my legs in my sleep.

Whoa BW..necessary meh...usually i just trim...looks neat can liao and ensure personal hygiene. Tat time i got UTI and go for the T1 vaginal scan, i find it ok.

I feel its gonna be painful. I dont think i can tahan BW...sensitive area manz.hahahaha

Mummywong, are u only buying it when u come back Singapore for CNY? If u want, I help u buy and mail it to u in HK. (if hk dun really have)

hpc, leg cramps. I think I m quite unusual as I dun wake my SO whenever I have leg cramps at nite. I usually only tell him I had leg cramps when he wakes up in e morning. My own thinking is that usually e leg cramps are v painful but by the time I wake my SO up, the cramp is probly over... Wat can he do after e cramp? So nowadays, he ll massage my legs before I sleep and prepare e pillows to prop my legs.

hi hpc, yup...mine is also the jabbing pain. It comes very fast and then goes off when i jolt out of sleep, but the muscle will still be quite tensed. So I will massage it. Yup and I do have it when i bend my legs for a long time then shift to straighten it , it will suddenly comes on.

Aiyoh, my hb first time i jolt out he will massage but 2nd time, he too sleepy i think, i called him he didnt respond so i forget it. Next morning tell him, he can still say " got meh, why never wake me" Got lor I say but u sound asleep, never hear. So now I forget it, i just massage myself then go back to sleep.

Ashley: I think your hubby is just concerned about you. Your perception about being demanding is valid also especially more so during the confinement period. Have you talked to him about this? Maybe he is apprehensive about being able to be your help and support that's why he wants to get a CL?

I've been a SAHM mum and cook almost everyday so, handling things on my own is natural. For me, 1 week before I deliver, I'll stock up my ingredients for cooking, packed them according to the particular dish. Meat and fish, I'll get the grocer to individually pack in portions for me and I'll freeze them. Then I'll use them daily as I wish. I also have my rice wine ready. Drank soup everyday, with one meat/fish and veg; sometimes it's one-dish meal like red wine chicken mee sua, ginger fried rice, omelette with white bait or ginger wrapped with rice... Everyone can eat. If you really would like to do it on your own, discuss with your hb and work out something. If cooking is not your forte, then cater confinement food. They are not bad. There is a thread somewhere in th SMH forum that sells confinement food and provides delivery at an additional charge also. I'll try to dig it out from my archive. I think they have the more troublesome to cook kind of food- vinegar pig trotters... can't remember.

As for housework, I have a PT domestic help who comes by 2xs a week to do major cleaning. I don't really do except to maintain and magic-mop my place-exercise for me.

I suggest you sit down with hb and work something out- glitches to expect, what you two can handle... I'm sure you'll be able to understand his point of view. Remember not to get upset.

Whim> no no don't worry. i saw it in mannings (guardian) in hk got sell the pigeon brush, just that i was doing some comparing on the price of different brush as you mentioned, they have so many brushes! thus i have not bought it that time when i first saw it. i'll buy it the next time i pass by. u gals are so nice, offer to buy stuff for mummies!

Shan: I think the JB place you mentioned is at Taman Sentosa (near The Store) isit? The BKT place is called "Shun Fa" and the ZiBaoJi (paper wrappe chicken) is a eating palce called "Zhu Lin". A lot of Singaporean go there during weekend to makan. There's also a Mr Sotong shop along the row.

HPC: I had bad cramps afew wks ago when I sleep on my back then I start to sleep on my sides... these days I dun experience cramps liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummywong, no worries. Pregger moms need to stick together!

If u want to get anything from Singapore and send it to HK, u let me know (most things can be able to help u, I think stroller/bb chair is v difficult). Since I got to buy from kiddy palace/robinsons etc, may as well buy 1 more piece for u.

At most, if I go HK next yr for holiday, u buy me 1 cup of "yuan-yang". Am having travel withdrawals and my fren juz came back from HK and was happily showing me her loot somemore....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Whim,

The straw brush is nt for cleaning the tube for breastpump de....basically there is no brush to clean the tube coz the tube opening (for medala) is too small. u can only use water to wash the tube and then dry it.

the straw brush is for pigeon mag mag cup which have a straw. Where u can used for ur child when they are older and ready to suck water thru straw.

Diana, so so...

Oh well, guess I'll pass my SIL the straw brush then. Can it be used to clean the straws in the normal children's water bottles?

Then for the BP parts e.g. nipple attachment etc, do we sterilise them in the bottle steriliser? My fren is supposedly going to lend me her BP (Pump-in-style) for me to try 1st, so I have no idea what it looks like/wat parts there are.

Placenta low:

I c tat many mummies hv low placenta. The last time I went for my gynae visit, I alo hv the same problm. But gynae says it will eventually move up, jus don't ovr strain myself. Meaning don't carry heavy things n squat for too long. So will walking too much also cause low placenta? Hw much is too much? Whn I tld my colleagues tat I can't wlk too much, thy commented I shld walk, cos tat is the only form of exercis I engage in.

Dolliepollie >> Can I also order 2 scissors fr u? I seldom goes to FB. I will PM u later to get infm on $ transfer. Thks.

Hi mommies, can i just check with you.. Somedays bb are more active, some days they are not.. Issit consider normal? Btw last 2 days back was feelg bb heavy movement left and right.. This morng was feelg the movement more right below the tummy or rather the belly button.. And when bb moves, will experience abit of urination tingling sensation which makes one feel like wan pee afterwich is ok le.. Any mommies out there experience this?

Whim,

I am not sure if it can be used for normal children water bottles, but for my puku water bottle, it cant be used lor...

mayb u can keep if u intend to get the mag mag training cup for ur childs to used in later stage.

Jolyn >> It is normal. Sometimes I hv the feeling too.

Close door sale at Tangs on 1st Sep for citibank credit cards. Up to 70% off w 12% rebate! So tempted. Wonder if thy hv anything for bb...

hi all mum to be

i have many sachet of milk powder suitable for pregnant and breastfeding mum of different brands selling at $1 each

similac mum 50gx3 sachets expiring 14/04/2011

Enfamum 50gx1satchet expring 13/11/2010

Dumex Mamil Mama 48g x 8 satchets (6 expiring on 13/11/2010 & 2 expiring on 16/05/2011)

Collection at Clementi Mrt/ Bt Panjang. Postage will be ard $2-$3 cos its a bit bulky.

Email me at [email protected] if interested

Tangs sale,

I personally find the sales quite good.. if they have 20% on baby items.. + 12% its almost 30% off, much better compared to other departmental store which only gives 20% discount, but Tangs not much of variety.. but basic brands and things they have like Pigeon, NUK, Avent..

Active baby,

my goodness, yesterday I went to Starbucks with friends, and I shared a cup of Ice coffee with hubby at around 9pm.. end up my baby active till 5am.. -_-""" I only managed to sleep around 5+am.. my first and last coffee for my pregnancy!!!

Hi all Nov Mom-to-be,

Sorry to disrupt the thread, I just delivered in mid july and have got a brand new deluxe myBrestfriend nursing pillow for sale. It is the #1 choice of lactation consultations.

Colour: Pastel Green

Pillow Cover: Baby soft plush

Features: Extended strap for larger size, One-handed adjustable velcro strap for easy on, silent buckle for easy off when baby is sleeping.

Purchase retail price: S$89.00 (Purchased made from The First Few Years)

Willing to let go at $79.00 (Self collection at Tiong Bahru MRT Control Station)

Please PM me if interested.

whim> no problem can buy u drink when u come hk! at the moment not need to trouble you, if i really need to buy alot of things, i can ask my sis/friend help me buy and send over one single time. but most of the things for baby can get in hk except like u say big items (stroller/playpen) are really exp in hk!

bottle brush> whim/diana, i read the small brush can use to wash the teats.

jolyn> it's normal, i also feel the want to urine feeling cause the bb pressing against the bladder i think.

bb weight> as long as bb arm/leg/abdonimal/head according to gestational age, heavy/light should be fine right? if worry bb too small, people always say eat durian/ice-cream or drink more milk i think. as compared to some of u gals, mine seem to be on small size also, 1.1kg at wk28 but all measurements according to wk28, think stomach/head was wk29 though so i think should be ok..

sophia> are u feeling much better now? remember to rest on bed!

jolyn: its pretty normal. Many of us get that sensation.

hammiebao: I didnt try coffee at night. But i did have once or twice fruit drink the peel fresh powerberries one glass..whoa ended up hyperactive for the whole nite for bb. I also ended up like panda the next day.

Just got home from clinic. Got another jab to prevent contraction and some other medication. Also made an appmt at KKH nxt Tue to log in my pregnancy record coz in case i pop within now till 34 weeks, i can choose KKH. BB less than 34 weeks hav to be hospitalised for at least 6 weeks and in KKH it'll be subsidize by govt as compare to none if I pop in Mt.A.

I didnt gain weight but bb weight is at 1.5kg. I'm 29.4 week now... so ok or not bb's weight? Big?? Small? Average??

Fashion Spree: Dr didnt gimme any medicine if i got contraction again. But scheduled for jabs to relax the uterus; once a week. Got a jab today and another one next Friday. I guess this will goes on till dr certified I'm stable. According to dr, once in a while belly tightness is alright but if the tightness is more than 5 times in 1 hour than gotta be alarm. You try to monitor the same way lah.

Mommywong: I'm feeling much better now. Thanks. Am on bed most of the time. Hubby now being traffic police, monitoring my movement & kept on reminding me to walk half-a-step each time. Walau... super slow walking. He even 'paid' the maid to do de same on me :p

Dear Nov mummies,

May I join in the thread. I have been a silent reader for sometime as i wanted to be the 100th Nov MTB. Haaa.... but i cant track it anymore.

My Edd: 18 Nov

Gynae: Dr Lim Teck Beng @ Mt E

My birth rank: 2 boys + 1 gal

will be giving birth in Mt E cos the 2 bedder is cheaper that Mt A (200 bucks difference). Tried Mt A 2 bedder 6 yrs ago, find it rather old and crampy. Will stick to Mt E and the delivery suite oso cosier that Mt A.

hpc: i shudder when i hear you mention leg cramps..haha..bad experience...i got them twice in my second trimester when i was changing position on the bed just before waking up...lucky hubby was awake already and he came to my rescue...but the first time he was so caught by surprise that he dint flex my calf correctly and i kicked him cos' too painful...haha...after those painful episodes...i do my leg stretching and ankle rotation exercises RELIGIOUSLY every night without fail before i sleep...and so far the cramps never came back *touch wood*...i tink it does help, you can try!

Jolyn: feeling baby at different sides of the stomach is ok as long as baby is moving frequently...i dunno get the peeing sensation how many times already...sometimes when i stand up after sitting a while...i need to go to the toilet immediately...although not everytime there is really pee...false alarm lor..now i do feel very big movements from my girl at 30 weeks..i can feel her slide or glide all over the tummy...sometimes she will bob up...not sure head or shoulder or butt...but it looks really cute..at other times she just tickle me with her fingers or toes...i am guessing...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

sophia: do take care and really rest well...try to talk to baby to stay longer in mummy's tummy till full-term...i believe they do understand...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

chris: thanks for the head's up on tang's closed door sales...i just remembered i had to get something and redeem my rebates (remember to redeem yours too cos' they expire on sep 30), so will wait till next week then buy...

Welcome VT, i just joined not long ago too...Will be at Mt E too..but i heard that they are upgrading the suites so the prices may be slightly adjusted...not sure how much now though...being a first time mum...i am still tinking whether to take one bedder or two bedder...how are your experiences with Mt E previously? Are the midwives and nurses "fierce"? Haha..

yday my 30wk appt with gynae and bb weighs is now 1.59kg [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] which is normal. but i had a total gain of 9kg liaoz [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

and was asking gynae abt my mild diabetic condition and what will affect during preggy:

- ppl having diabetic: bb will get big and later cause prob in natural delivery

- may cause miscarriage

thus he said better to refrain from sweets stuffs, rice, noodles from now onwards thou my condition is only mild...

sian no more my fav which is ice-cream [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

he will do another blood test on me again in coming next appt.

Welcome VT & enmummy..

Im also will be delivering at Mt E and will be taking the 2 bedder room. My sis delivered her baby gal at Mt E last July10. She took the one bedder room. The one bedder room was big and cozy.The nurses there were warm and friendly..thats y i choose to deliver at Mt E. Will be going for the hospital tour next sat to view the 2 bedder room

hi bluesoda, glad to hear that the nurses are ok...did you have to book early for the hospital tour or can i just walk in? i don't even know where is the delivery suite yet cos' they seem to be doing reno and i don't dare to anyhow walk around...for 2 bedder hubby cannot stay in the room after visiting hours right?

VT & enmummy >> Welcome! My EDD is also 18 Nov, same as VT! Most probably I will also deliver in MT E. Same as enmummy, I am also a FTM and is also considering on a 2 bedder or single bed. Do u guys knw the diff in price? I m going to MT E tmr for the hospital tour. Any of u going down?

Hi vt, MT A has renovated it's suites since then.

Bluesoda/jewel, noted. 3X10 pkts, ok?

Shan, oh I know where. I love the zi bao ji, but never tried the BKT.

Irene: did you ask him abt your reading? I have been living on soup for lunch these days... my wt gain is 8kg now, equally bad. But after watching diet, I dun feel so fatigue these days... gd for me also. *jiayou* tahan for another 2.5 mths.

mummies, can advise wat's the best measurement for beansprout pillow? i remember someone mentioned don't buy small size, then wat size is suitable for baby? thanks!!

Clover, ok! onz thks.

must go early to try the BKT... its the white (pepper) type.. not the herbs (black) type. Go early, else not much choice (only BKT left).

Nana, Naf said dun buy the small ones, cos bb can shift the pillow cos small & light wt and may move it to their face & obstruct their breathing. so buy longer ones. As long as bb cant move it.. shld be fine.

Tangs sales,

If u redeem your money inside the card on the 12% rebate date, the purchase will not earn the 12%

Leg cramp,

I tried putting regular size pillow under my calfs when I sleep but I still get leg cramps.. But I tried rolling a single size blanket and put under my calfs and no cramps!! Maybe u all can try..

emummy> hubby cant stay overnite in the 2 bedder room. yes, you have to call to book for the hospital tour.

clover> yes, thanks!!. any idea how much does it cost? think shld be quite cheap rite?

leg cramps

I tot I was the only one who was walking like the handicapped in the mornings. I was still thinking that it must have been a very bad blood clot, didn't think it was the leg cramp itself coz most of the time, I have leg cramps in the middle of the nite and the sharp pain goes away.

hammiebao, u mean ur single size blanket is smaller than ur pillow, right? So the smaller thing works but not the bigger pillow?

yup jewel, u so shou w there eh.. heee

then where get diapers cheapest eh? some say tesco eh.. i dunno where's tat.. hee

Nana, hmm .. hw many pkts u getting coz hor my gf be helping 2 mummies to get... i can ask her.. incase too many paiseh mah ..

nana: about beansprout pillow, the length i usually see outside is about 45 cm....my mum just made one for my baby and i think it is about 40 cm...don't get too short cos' the heavy ends should preferably wrap around baby's tummy. are you interested in getting one? i can ask my mum if she keen to make more to sell for some pocket money..haha...she also made extra covers for me (just like extra pillow cases) so that I can wash them unlike those outside they only sell you the pillow alone. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummies, about leg cramps, i swear by calf stretching exercises before sleeping...i never get cramps since i started doing it...*touch wood though*...haha..i hate the recovery part too..it takes at least two days before the pain really goes away!! Ouch!

Shan, I used to drive in once a while to eat & shop. Now hardly liao. diapers, I think u meant Jusco isit? I duno tesco leh. You can get from any supermarket like Giant, Carrefour, the store.. shld be cheaper than in Spore after conversion. More impt, dun get lost trying to find the place.. hahah.

Ok, time to pangkang, enjoy ur weekend ladies.

beansprout pillow> just for u gals reference, my friend is also selling and she has a FB webby. maybe you all can get an idea of the size. if u are interested i can help u gals check but you all can also order from enmummy's mum [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i don't earn commission. i'll ask my mum to make for my bb though.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SPROUTSG/108765599158871?v=photos#!/album.php?aid=7428&id=108765599158871

http://www.sprout.sg/index.html

Back