(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

re: child care

Yap those popular ones have LONG waitlist. Luckily my mum's estate got many CC so we were spoilt for choice the last time. Signed up my #2 for PG next yr v early cos the CC PG class all v popular. Sending them to Agape Little Uni, not the big names one but good enough for my budget heehee

Ian ...

Congrats! Finally can hold ur handsome prince in ur arms. Be really nice n thankful to ur wife k!!

suwaiwai

Yea is a passing phase i guessed..lol

Now tat she is rather awake and alert...she needs alot of attention!!...just gotta work harder..

think need to changed my binder to another with a lumbar support !!LOL[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Xin2,

you BM supply is wonderful, how did u have such a good start? I deliver 2 days earlier than you but my BM supply is still not enuf and need to supplement with formula as my gal was having jaundice and needs hydration.

now she is better but my BM still not in good supply despite I let her suckle about every 3-4 hrs and each time betwn 15-30min on each side...

i have soup everyday, althou not nec papaya fish soup, but i am hydrated. but not getting alot of rest thou, could this be the reason?

I have the feeling that some of the milk duct might be clogged as I can see one or 2 milk blisters, but they would clear up after my gal suckle but later to form again.

sometimes she is happy and go to sleep and sometimes she needs formula to top up.. so I am really not sure..

If I try to pump after feeding, I get very little output.

Appreciate if you can share some tips...

Thanks princess_d! Oh ya after my c-sect gynae got gif me antibootics which is safe for bf. If tmrw im still sick will go c doc. I so scared to latch her directly.. Scared i accidentally sneeze into her face!

Princess_d, ive been eating kfc also ley.. Post pregnancy cravings.. Lol

irish wah u already book a place for lujayne?! Dats fast. Ive still yet to comprehend how dis playgrp/childcre system works

princess_d & irish, how u get yr gals to sleep thru e nite or wake up only 2x? I no time to read gina ford. But daytime ive been putting sofea on my big sofa in living rm n open e windows wide2 to let in sunlight n can hear e heavy traffic by mainrd. By 6pm i would wipe her body n change clothes n Feed n place her in crib in bedroom. Any more suggestions?

Marrissa

I m setting a routine for her just you do!

the first few weeks i latch her non stop and now i know she can drink more,i forced her to latch longer and burped her in between just to get her awake!Now in the day,slowly she is adapting the 3-4hourly feeding time..

every 6.30pm i'll sponged her and then changed her...

1900pm feed her(direct latch)

2230hrs 130ml EBM

0230hrs 130ml EBM

she will starts to wake up at 0645hrs but i 'll try to drag and pacify her till 7am for her next feed!and by then she is WIDE AWAKE! 7pm-7am..this is wat im trying to do!

Maybe next mth i 'll slowly take away her 0230hrs feed and see how she cope...

gotta increased her milk intake b4 that and try to pacify her if she wakes up in between...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]Good luck!

Im still trying!JIA YOU!!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

marrissa,

Hope you'll get well soon...im too on antibiotics after birth for both pregnancies..due to history and pain...

I ve visited few gp's last time and they asked me to give up bf for 1 week..i was like...duh????how stupid was that rite?if i can be on antibiotics after birth and bf my child,i don't see any reasons y they can't prescribed me any meds n antibiotics for me so tt i can cont to bf....????

Mummies who had c sect,

do u get kinda get gastric pain feeling? It's been 11days since my c sect. few days ago I start to get this gastric pain kinda feeling still bearable. I haven't removed my bandage yet n start my massage today but ml didn't press on my wound. so still ok.

starting to get alittle worried if it's internal wound pain?

Ian,

congrats on the arrival of baby Xavier! who does he look like more?

momotan,

you MIL really no words to describe.. basic courtesy to apologize for breaking other ppl's things and not just replace it with something else lor. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] just close one eye and REN!

shin,

you also have the 'classic' MIL. just 'orh orh orh' at them and one ear in one ear out!

re: MIL

my PIL's only come by once a week to my mum's place to see baby and they always stay for like 15-20 mins. which is good, no conflicts with them.

xin,

you have good supply! keep it going and don't stop pumping/latching and you i'm sure you will build up even more. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope you will fine after catheter is removed tomorrow also.

Irish,

Wah! Didn't know need to book so early in advance now! Nowadays it really pays for parents to be more kiasu if they want the best for their kids. 3 yrs in advance. Scary!

Princess d,

Great schedule you've worked out there! Hope u succeed! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummies who latch and pump, is pumping effective in increasing bm supply? If I empty both sides after pumping and let baby latch on for stimulation, will it be effective in increasing supply? Worried that I cannot catch up with her demands for milk in the coming weeks.

tiffy

Yah seems like I better start sourcing around after hearing what u mummies say... But totally clueless leh... Is Cherie hearts good?? Or maybe I should try Kinderland... Hmmmm

RE: Jaundice

now in the 3rd week & my elder twin's bilirubin level finally dropped today. It was 206 yesterday and 188 today.

Kate Mummy,

I had some gastric pain on & off the past few days, but I'm not sure if it's due to the op or hungry. My massage lady was saying that massage after C-sect can only start in week 3 as the massage may cause the wound to tear if not done properly. If you feel uncomfortable or pain during the massage then it would be good to wait a couple more weeks. I personally feel that if the massage lady is too gentle on the tummy because she don't want to affect the recovery, then the effect on the tummy/shrinking the womb will be little. My bandage was removed 1 week after the operation and I was still quite in pain in the 2nd week. But if you feel alright then should be okay. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

princess, meghan wakes up by herself at those hours at night? Or you wake her up? She really doesn't wake up inbetween? I'm getting sick of the hourly waking. Dun know why his pattern changed after he turned 1mth. Super cranky mummy not making enough milk with insufficient rest! grrrrrr...

btw anyone still letting their 1mth old wear mittens and booties? I stopped wearing them for Lucas but realised his hands and feet are cold.

shin, cherie hearts is not bad... but you have to go look at the centre itself. Some are in shopping centres, ie the babies/kids are in aircon rooms the whole day. To me, that's not good.

Emmie,

possible that he might be having a growth spurt? Btw my son's name is also Lucas! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

starry

Thanks,i hope so too that she will adapt to the schedule soon!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I m pumping and latching the same time!Supply is good...She is drinking alot in the day esp the 7am feed!i ever give her 130ml EBM cos was too tired..but she asked for more after that!!!

just tell yourself you'll have enough,then it'll be enough!

Drink more fluid and eat healthily!I dont' drink water now...i drink lots of juice and eat lots of fruits[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Emmie,

Meghan wakes up herself[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

It's only the first 2 weeks.we set our time for her and woke her up for feedings[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

You should let your boy to wear mittens and booties esp at night.

when their feet and ahnds are warm,they sleeps better,esp their feet!

until today i massage Jade's feet with hot oil and Meghan's too!Meghan will be fully covered (bodysuit pj with mittens n booties)

try to massage their calves and feet...Hope it works for your lil one!

me too getting tired easily....Hb wont be free to help me next week ..sigh....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Marrissa

Yup [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ask the mummies here all given with no choice have to be kiasu..I put lujayne in the list first when did enrolment for her brother cos the enrolment is open only next year for 2010 babies.

Childcare caters to different age group usually in 4 groups: Toddlers playgrp are for 18mths to 2 yrs old, nursery 1 & 2 for 3 to 4 yrs old and Kindergarter 1 & 2 for 5 to 6 yrs old. All the 4 groups offered either full day or half day care.

Haha..i also dont read gina ford..i just play by ear and response accordingly cos every child are different. So far Lujayne is quite easy to handle she dont fuss as much and feeding according to timing, if she cry for milk earlier i will just give demand feeding. During day time i will not swaddle her just let her hands out for stretching, although somtimes she startle when asleep and this has wake her up and cry, i just carry her, she will just cry for awhile once she stop cying i put her back to cot again. While she's awake, i will just leave her at living room and kept her awake, i will talk or play with her with my boy, sometimes she will just listen to music, tv noise or any other background noise till she fall asleep again.

At nite i will swaddle her tightly and she can sleep longer, at one time i overslept and missed her feeding time, i jumped out from bed but found she still asleep soundly and that was already more than 5hrs. She hates to be swaddled, i will do it when she asleep by slowly puttng both her hands in the swaddle blacket and wrap it tighly. Keep them swaddled at night till 3 to 4 mths they will eventually grow out of the startle reflex which disturd their sleep and wont need to be swaddled as much later on.

I did that for my boy, i also tried to slowly reduced his feeding frequency at night from 7mths onwards, when he was abt 8/9mths, his last feed was at 7pm and he could sleep through out the night till the next morning at 7am.

pinky, that makes 3 lucas in this Oct grp! Momo's boy is also called lucas :p

princess, thot supposed to remove mittens after the first month so that they can practice feeling stuff and their grip? I can't rem what i did 5 years ago with DS1. At night lucas wears those full-body suits with covered feet. will let him wear booties/socks during the day then.

Kate Mummy

I do not have have any pain after c-sect. i removed my bandage at day 7 and now my wound already heal very nicely. I did my post natal massage at day 12, my tummy can tell lost so much after with just 3rd session of massage, my ML never massage the wound area, the wound area will do it at day 60 as well to do womb push up.

Iris,

welcome back! I'm looking for a massage lady, is urs good? For c sect, I tot can only start massaging after 1 mth. Looks like I can start sourcing for one now.

My boy penis is hidden inside , pd says will protrude as he grows up. Scare me.

I wish to set a routine for my boy too, cannot stand him waking up every 2 hrs for feeds even at night! Only some nights he can sleep for 4 hrs max. I tried swaddling him but he doesn't seem to like it. But he gets startle & get up crying, need to pacify him for half an hr. Exhausted. He likes to be put on the chest & doesn't like to be carried cradle style.

I got difficulty bathing & cleaning him everyday. Alway cry till his face red red & almost lost his voice. Poor boy

Hi all,

Its a horrible day for me.

I had mastitis (breast infection) and the pain is WORSE than labour pain. Had high fever since last night till now. I actually cried when I bathe just now due to the pain.

Making things worse, I actually took a med from my fridge (thot is plain panadol) but turn out to be paradol + something else which might not be safe for bf. So the bm I expressed got to throw. WORST, the pill I took is expired. I took it without noticing as I am already feverish until blur liao.

Everything seems all wrong... sob...

Pumping is worse. PAIN PAIN PAIN.

I just want to cry!!!

Now my gynae gave me some antibotics and hopefully it will get better. Otherwise, I think I am going to die of pain...

Oh, and top things up, my BP still high...

Tiffy

How much did u pay per mth for this cc?

Claudia

Mdm Siti is good, a few of mumies here also using her, if u like i can PM u her contact just that her booking is usually full now for nov but u can try your luck. Actually post natal massage should do it during confinment period which u can see fast and better result. If u wait after a month your tummy muscle harden up already and wind trap deep inside difficult to expel out.

U mean the penis wrap within a layer of skin huh? if like that is normal, dun need to worry [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I think all babies dont like to be swaddled. My gal also dont like, when she's awake she will struggle i have to be "daring" abit by "force" to wrap her up. If she cries or scream i just ignore, awhile she will be quiet and falls asleep. If she already asleep i just slowly wrap her up.

Hungry baby is an angry baby...for me i will feed her first half an hour before her bathing time, she will be contended enough for me to bathe, clean, change clothe and diaper. U may wanna try if this works for u?

Vivian

Oh dear..Hugs. Don't stop feeding cos that will make mastitis much worse. I think u should look for LC immediately for help. mastitis is usually caused by not emptying your breasts well. The most common reason for this is a problem with the way your baby latches on. U should get better with the antibiotics. Take care.

Irish,

ok, if u don't mind, may I request for Mdm siti contact? How r her charges like? How's ur c sect wound? We had the same gynae.

His penis is short since birth but the pd assure me that it will protrude as he grows & he feels & get me to touch that it's hidden inside the skin & told me not to worry, the penis is there but till now he's almost 1 mth old but I don't see the penis lengthening yet.

Although he doesn't like to be swaddled but he likes to sleep side way. he can slp up 3 to 4 hrs. I tried bathing him after half an hr after his feed but he still scream. He don't like his face to be touched! He only enjoys when I wash his back. Wonder when then he allows me to bathe him & clean him peacefully! His neck is the hardest to clean.. Cannot see his neck!

Vivian, hugz... Hope you'll get well soon. When you latch bb, are you feeling painful?

By right, a good/correct latch is not painful at all? Hmm I still feel pain at times. Is it that when breast is full then latch not painful ah? Now my breasts always feel soft soft de.

Finally put my boy to slp w/o carrying him... Hope he sleep deep throughout the nite till next feed...

Vivian

I got that last sat... Really pain n fever until blur.. Whole body pain like mad too... But will b well very fast with the antibiotics.. If u can dun pump let bb latch directly cos bb can drain breasts better... Use hot towel or heat patch for the boobs...

Emmie

thanks for the reply [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Vivian

don't cry! Pls take care and rest well! Maybe meanwhile get someone to help u with the baby first??? Hope u recover soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Claudia

Today is Day 16 for me and I started my massage liao. the ML won't massage the wound area... only the tummy and other parts of body.. so far my wound healed quite well.. just that sometimes still a little stinging feeling but i think its normal.. now gynae only give me this Circa-care silicon gel to stick over the wound...

Irish

my ML says i no need to do 5 sessions of massage since my tummy already quite small.. she suggested 3 sessions only.. I wonder if it's really gonna be effective to shrink my uterus back???

Gastric pain after c-section:

I got it once last week, its 10 days after my c-section, lasted almost the whole day. I took the pill for cramps prescribed by Gynae and rested in bed, recovered the next day.

Claudia

I cant PM u...u need to activate the setting. What is your email add?

haha all babies got no neck la! i will just tilt her head backward when holding her in crandle position to clean.

So far my wound healed very well with no keloid scar, i could say Dr Ang is good in stitching, now my wound is almost invisible le.

BBlin

a good latch is whether breast full or soft it should not feel painful at all..

Shin

Different masseur different massage technique not sure 3 sessions are enough for u cos usually the minimum should be 7days to get rid of winds and water retnetion then to shrink uterus and push up womb, some opt for 14days for even better result to achieve pre-pregnancy or even flated tummy.

My bb sometimes clamp his gum on my nipple or twist or stretch with my nipple still in his mouth. This usually happens while he tries to poo and latch. Super painful lor. How to stop huh?

Irene:

I did not so anything. Milk supply just come in this way. In fact I seldom latch now. More towards EBM. So that can track intake.

I eating fenugreek for 3 days only.

Mummies

I'm bk hm with the catheter still.  still nt able to empty bladder. Gynae refer me to see a urologist.

So scared n cried.

Xin, hugs hugs. Sorry to hear tht, everything will b alright real soon. U hve to keep ur spirits up ya, stay positive. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Xin, take care ! Things will be fine soon.

Mummies, the ml tt I got advise me to start after one mth for c-sect so tt e wound heal first.. Hmm dunno whether it will be less effective ..

irish, true all babies r diff. No one method suits all. Bt hoping i can borrow tips frm u all n try on sofea! Coz i must try to get her sleep thru e nite or at least wake up once or 2x before im back at work in jan. I also swaddle sofea after every bf at night but 3 hrs later will hear whining coz she try to struggle herself out.. Hehe

Princess_d thks! So everyday at 6.30 pm u would get meghan up n sponge her huh? So good yr gal can keep to the 3-4hrs feed.. Issit bcoz shes feeling full dats y she can sleep longer? How r u going to take away e 0230 feed? Jus let her cry thru? Im also trying to lengthen her sleeping hrs at nite.. Still tinking how.

For sofea:

6pm wipe n change

6.30pm feed ebm

9.30pm bf

11pm bf

2.30am bf

5.30am bf

7.30am ebm

My sofea is still a small eater. She can now take max 80ml but she takes an hour to finish her bottle! Gotta burp her in betwn then continue feed fhen lastly burp Again, by then instead of feeling sleepy, shes wide awake! So i bottlefeed her during e day n bf at night. For me bf at nite easier. She sleeps at my breast after 30-45mins suckle n i dun even burp her, quickly swaddle n put her in crib.

Thks irish for explaining abt childcare! Im tinking of putting sofea in one. My relatives offered to take care of sofea but i tink put childcare better. More systematic. Put at someone else home they most prolly will sit e child in front of e tv n feed crap food so dat e child will b quiet. Do u know what's a typical day at childcare is like? If i reserve a place for her now last min if chnge my mind can still cancel rite?

Ivy:

I put the EBM in the fridge. When needed, CL will warm it up to feed baby. Mostly use it for night feeds. But yesterday since I need to go hospital, she feed the eBM to baby throughout day n night lor. Luckily got enough supply. 1 time I can pump ard 60-80ml per breast. So I try to store 2 bottles each time.

It's easy for me cos baby timing very accurate. Roughly 3 hours then feed again. So I pump inbetwn when breast feels full.

Thks mummies for the encouragement. I'm trying to be positive but at the same time scared. Hope to be well soon n in time for baby's full mth. Imagine carrying the bag there?

Gynae say mb bladder expanded too much the other time n needs more time to be able to contract bk n resume it's functions. Spoke to urologist, he also say it's not a permanent prob.

Tiggy

Already PM u [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Marrisa

Wah...Sofea takes 1hr to finish 80ml that s very long time to finish a bottle. Lujayne can finish 120ml within 10mins after that burp her all i just need 20mins, when she is full she will fall asleep again even when I burp her she still in her dreamland.

Im a FTWM, I have MIL and helper to take care of my boy, although my helper speaks little english but my MIL do not speak english I dun want him to learn only dialect and also don want them to baby sit him by putting him infront of TV or stay at home do/learn nothing.

U can put her name in the list now but registration only opens next year for nursery 1 in 2013, once they open for enrolment u need to put a deposit to confirm the place, deposit is not refundable if u cancel.

Xin

I have a colleague also having the same problem as u previously but she is well now, so dont worry it will get better [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Xin ...

Sorry to hear that but I am sure that with the help of a specialist ... you should be well in no time!!

Vivian ...

Take care!! Dun give yourself too much stress k ... rest well!! Latch on and pump often to relief the engorgement.

re: Routine

Yap important to set a routine ... that day I hinted to my CL that bb keep waking up at night cos she cant differentiate day n night and whether she wan me to give her a small lamp to do diaper change for my bb gal instead of we on the light in the room. Then she say that she can clean without on-ing the light cos there are light coming in from the outside flats. And think my milk supply kicked in this week so now bb is able to zzz 3hr and only wakes up twice for night feed instead of the earlier hourly!!

Now she will cry for bath when the timing is there ... strange hor =p

Xin, don't worry. All this post partum problems will resolve by themselves sooner or later! Don't give up and stay positive! My pelvic bone injury is getting better, but there was a period of time when I thought I would never recover too. We will get through this!!

Any mummies who have difficulty controlling urine flow when urinating? I realize I can't control the flow now anymore, squeeze my muscles also cannot stop the flow. Feels like waterbag burst again... I wonder how long before I will regain control.

Shin,

Not sure Cherie heart cc standard. I ever let my girl attended kinderland weekend playgrp class. I think it depend on the teacher standard in particular branch on how they handle the kids.

Hi all mummies,

Have been a silent reader for a long time. I delivered my baby Ethan on Wed afternoon. We came home yesterday afternoon but since last night he has been very fretful and refusing to latch on, or latch on and suck a few times then push away and wail fretfully for a long time. Is he too hungry and exhausted to latch on? I have managed to express 20 ml for his next feed, hope experienced mummies can give some advice and support.

Back