(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

momotan

Your MIL is so weird! Broke something but nvr admit ! Best of all replaced with something else ! Wat a "clever" ideA????

Don't be too upset la.. Let her do watever she wanna do ? Relax!!!!!

Pinky

Sorry to hear tt you r having prob with your mIL too!!

Now tt you have 3 to take care ! You really must organized your time n stands firmed on your own decision !

Take care.. Hugs!

Lilac!

Cannot make it la! Meghan not v cooperative le! Lol! Only jade tt is forever forcing my photographer to take her pics !! Grrrr.....Meghan dun like to sleep on her tummy ..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] therefore there aren't many nice pose [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Not like your boy ah !! Iyooo.... Tt one is ultimate cuteness !! See already feel like hugging him.. N bring home! Lol!! Soo cute!!!

Now tt I'm dead tired n hot! Both babies is Asleep ! I gotta ho take a cold shower n rest too ![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

HI Mummies

Can i check if its normal for TBF babies to have jaundice for 1 mth?? I just brought Grace back from polyclinic and she still has it! Reading is 126 and it has to be <100 before we can stop going to polyclinic. My hubby already heartache every time his little princess go thru blood test said dun go already la.. since its coming down (very slowly) then just let nature takes it course.

What do you think?Shld I seek 2nd opinion whether its nec to every week do blood test? Grace is already 1 mth liao.. and Sat is her 1 mth party.. I also scare pple say why she still yellow.. I think I will be affected by their comments le

Seabreeze,

Mdm Siti just left my plc. Heading towards urs now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Princess,

Yah loh. I want to laugh at her pattern.

She insulting my intelligence oso. Haha!

My hb just asked her abt it.

Then she admit & said she forgot to tell us ytd.

Duh..

Any1 Noe whr to buy those slimming socks or panty hose??

Princess, Emmie

I took my baby to the PD this morning coz her ears were weepy and crusty last night. So heart pain.

Anyway pd says its a form of cradle cap, gave some anti inflammation moisturiser to apply and also ask us to buy the pp solution(potassium promeganate) to dab on the ears.

Her ears dont seem so weepy after applying. Hopefully she gets better soon!

Suwaiwai,

My boy's last reading from the pd offc is 126 too.

But it's coming down. My pd told me no need to go back.

Will review again at his 1 mth visit.

U mean the polyclinic doc tell u to go back again?

Maybe get 2nd opinion?

Hello mummies and ian

have not been here for awhile, how is everyone? Think all oct mummies had already popped and busy with the little ones, hope all are coping well! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Time flies! Lujayne is already one mth old! I have been busy setting routine for her, so far she is doing great she is drinking 120ml now 3 to 4 hourly, i just need to wake up twice at night to feed her. Am fortunate that She quite easy to handle she dont fuss just eat sleep and poo. I am also busy hunting for a childcare place for my boy, was quite shock to know that i have to wait for 3years! Wanted to put my 15mths boy for toddlers 18mths to 2 years but totally no place at all and asked about when he is 3years old for nursery 1 in 2012 but was also told already full! And year 2010 babies are going to open for enrolment next year for 2013, have to be kiasu to put deposit next year to secure a place for Lujayne! Been headache searching around during the confinment, thought can look for one near home now have to find somewhere further...

Cherry

I heard you! =) Thanks for the thoughts..haha..missing all mummies here too! have to take care 2 babies very tiring, really busy no time to post can just random read thru.

BBlin

Our family blood group all the same and Lujayne also has jaundice but its BF jaundice , went to polyclinic blood test reading was 208 first time and subsequent dropped to 189 and third time reading was 128 after that doctor still asked to rtn for last blood test to make sure is below 100, however we did not go cos already near the borderline am very sure it would still drop further and now she is no longer yellowish.

Usually i would try to swaddle her at night like that baby can sleep better and longer and day time i would let her 2 hands out for stretching and exercise [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] she dont wear long sleeve clothing cos swaddle blanket already can keep it warm.

Suwaiwai

I just saw your post. It is normal for TBF babies to have jaundice for 1 mth. I just told BBlin the same situation as yours. We did not go for the last blood test too, since it will go down and the yellowish will slowly subside so no worries [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

Hugs Xin, Momotan and Pinky! MIL issues are really never ending! My MIL is like momotan's!

I gave up ranting about her liao, she totally pissed me off big time but i LUN , LUN and LUN! Can't wait for confinement to be over.

Yesterday i purposely tell hubby to ask her not to come and i tried taking care of baby myself. I was so happy home alone lor. Cos nobody to watch over me and tell me what not to do etc. cos if she is at my place, i totally have no privacy, can only hide in the room to pump milk.

Thanks for those mummies who replies me about the jaundice check. my boy's jaundice is still there, yesterday just brought him to polyclinic to check up instead of PD, his level is 275, tomorrow gotta bring him for review again. I wonder when he will be cleared of his jaundice....sighed. Now i have to resort to feeding him FM for today and see if his jaundice level will go down tomorrow. Really scared that he needs to be readmit for phototheraphy again...

so far I lucky in the sense cos my MIL very concerned abt me recuperating back to health so she makes sure I eat eat eat all the "bu" stuffs... Plus she still working so only at home after 8pm... Less conflicts...

But what I cannot tahan is when MIL and CL sit tgt... They will non stop tell me how to take care of baby... How I should do this and that etc....

Worst of all!!!!! When my mum and grandma comes visiting... Power Liao!!!! Just now they came and chatted with my CL and all keep telling me how I shouldn't spoil my baby... Otherwise next time hard to bring up the kid... Say I must listen to nanny cos she very experienced... Say doesn't mean professional doc always correct etc.... Say some doc wanna earn money den make u admit the baby if got jaundice etc...

At first I diam diam listen cos I'm the type when i start rebutting I won't stop. But they keep saying until I buay tahan I shoot back... I said where got any doc so free or any mum so insane wanna admit baby to get poke by needles... You think get separated like that won't heartache meh??? If the jaundice level not high, u think the doc so free to entertain?? Or u think the mum siao ah?? Anyhow send baby to hospital??

Then all 3 kept quiet.

I know they mean that I should listen to them that some old remedies work and I never deny... But I pay money to see gynae and pd and here they are telling me don't listen to the pros... Ridiculous... Be it whoever... If it's right, I will listen... If nonsense things... Why I wanna follow... Right???

Really need to rant out!!! Cannot tahan... Then keep telling me don't spoil the child... Next moment baby cry, my mum carry him and rock him!!! Just now baby don't wanna slp and cry, CL carry him and rock him and must walk around and baby will sleep... I keep telling them don't like that cos next time I'm alone with baby I will suffer...

Why they like to contradict themselves??? Sians... Now I go lie down on my bed and leave my baby to CL... No choice I need to close one eye... Otw I will go mad!! Next time take care alone then slowly set better routine [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] duno by then if I need to carry and rock then he will sleep... I'm gonna faint... Ughhhhhhhh

Hello Cyn

Hope u r doing fine! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Your boy's jaundce is pretty high, of cos if resort to feeding him FM it will definitely go down. Why dont u do partial BF and FM?

Seabreeze,

Just nice, I m thinking of ordering from them wor. Hehe.

Suwaiwai,

For no 1, she had bm jaundice for > 1 mth wor.

Re: mil

Haha, patterns all e same ah. She didn't visit us at hospital bcos nobody pick her and send her hm. Then she visit us when we r bk home but hb has to pick her from workplace n send her home after that. I had the same tot, cannot take taxi meh? Why must mk us more bz?

She oso seems to dote dd alot then when we asked her to quit n stay with us to help supervise e maid when no 2 arrives, she reject us flatly. Hohoho.

hugs shin. hope u feel better ranting out here, the other day my MIL also keep on carrying my boy when he cries and end up my boy became cranky and do not want to sleep. If he fall alseep in our arms , when we put him on the cot he will cry. So now i tell my MIL , cannot carry him when he want to sleep. If he cry , just pat him. But then , of course it falls on deaf ears cos she has her own ideas. I also gave up liao.

Hi Irish! I am still trying to cope with the madness at home. Actually i am partially BF and FM but because his jaundice level keep on going up, my hubby ask me to try feeding him just FM for today and see if his jaundice level will go down tomorrow.

How do you all know if it is BM jaundice huh?

Cyn

Usually newborn jaundice appears on day 3 and it reach a peak at day 7 and will drop after day 7. Breastfed babies may be jaundiced up to 2 months, at levels which are usually not dangerous. BM jaundice is not a cause of worry. In fact it is very common in all breastfed babies as there is something in breastmilk that causes increased intestinal absorption of bilirubin (the substance that causes jaundice). usually the doctors will recommend an interruption to breastfeeding to bring it down. Whist BM jaundice doesn't result in brain damage, there may be other pathological causes that aggravate the jaundice and the doctors would need to determine that and to do so, they may ask you to stop bf so that they can do accurate blood tests.

ACtually it is alright to bf even though your baby is jaundiced, i did not feed FM when my gal has BM jaundice at level of 208 and her level has came down to 128 aweek ago and she no longer look yellowish.

RE: Jaundice

Both my twins also have jaundice. Korkor's is 204, meimei's is 212. Was told by doctor that since I'm TBFing them it will take a longer time to come down but she said she don't think it's necessary to interrupt with FM yet. This whole week everyday been going to polyclinic to get their heels pricked for bilirubin levels. As long as they are wetting/soiling enough diapers & feeding well & frequently should be okay. DH also told me to feed them FM but I'm very scared every time I give FM & pump for the missed feeding my milk supply will be affected. It took me a lot of effort to get both my twins on TBF, so I'm scared to jeopardize it.

thanks for the info Irish! But the thing is when i bring baby to PD for review, she always ask me to do the test, than tell me no need for phototheraphy or tanning but to bring him for review again and again. I am thinking if there is no intervention, how to bring the jaundice down? And visit to Pd is not cheap, each visit cost me $79. So now i resort to going to polyclinic to do the test myself, which cost me $11.60 only...

Pinky -hihi! So hearpain to see our babies being poke by needles every other day right...i hope your twins get clear of their jaundice soon. Actually i was'nt really open to feeding FM initially but now bo bian cos my boy's jaundice level is really high. The other day i have to re-admit him in hospital cos his jaundice peak at 325...sighed. Hope he gets clear of jaundice soon!

So happy that MIL is not coming over today!!! Can finally hv my peace n quiet to log in n also to lie down n rest. Hb already in lala land. Haha.

Baby kayden is also sleeping soundly after his feed. Now CL say he can drink abt 100ml. He's 8days old today.

I'm going on total EBM so that can rest n sleep. CL can help to feed him. Milk supply has been good. Can get abt 120ml from both breast. Pumping abt 5 mins per side only. Hopefully supply will keep up.

Ian, zebra:

Any signs yet??

Xin - knowing MIL not coming over is like a huge relief right! I can totally understand how u feel! Yesterday i was over the moon when my MIL did'nt come over for a day, i can do whatever i want at home. If she is at my house, i dun even get to nap or rest at all. Its not like she's much help except the cooking for me part. I wash baby's and my own clothes, vacumn and mop the house myself. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

By the way, ur BM supply is good! Do you pump every 2 or 3 hourly? pump 5 mins got 120 ml is very good leh!

Hi Snoopy! How are you and baby joel?

Cyn

Like what pinky has mentioned as long baby is feeding well, wet and poo enough diaper is ok. If there is no interruption with FM it takes time to bring down jaundice. Doctor in plyclinic also encourage me to continue BF as its not a concern. I can understand your predicament especially when his level is pretty high, i will adopt partial FM and BM too.

Wah..$79 that is expensive for a jaundice check per visit! No worries since you are following up with polyclinic am sure his level will come down, once down u can resume TBF le! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

momotan ...

Yar she told me she came from your place =)

Iris ...

Thanks for the recommendation ... she is really q good heehee say she will try to extend for me cos I NEED IT!! hahahaha she cant stand all the water retention and wind stuck on my body!! Just praying hard that she dun get any new assignement the next few days heehee.

Btw she have met my CL before when she was massaging for another lady heehee

re: Pump

I was expressing BM before my massage session ... the pump was working fine and suddenly it stopped!! Arrrgggghhhhh I dunno whats wrong with it ... ordered fr USA! Called the service ctr ... cost $100 for servicing ... told my hubby still cheaper than buying from SG BUT arrrgggghhhh just my luck!!

My baby keeps vomiting milk after feeding! Sometimes it's really a lot like all the milk she's drinking comes out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I saw it might be reflux problem.. Now I'm trying to BF her in upright position (back+neck pain for me!, no more nursing pillow). Keep her stay still after she doesn't want to drink anymore. When she's asleep during BF, I don't dare to wake her up anymore, becoz last time I do that and she puke all her milk she's drinking and don't want to drink anymore.. Try to burp her only after I keep her stay still for around 5 minutes. It's tough!

As a result: she keeps awake every 1 hour and now I totally have no time for myself. Hiiixxx...

Sometimes those method isn't working too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Any good PD in Woodlands area?

Hey Fi,

Thanks for your advice on slidding baby over from left to right breast so that she thinks its the same breast.. hehe will try that trick soon!

Re:Jaundice

Hmm now I'm wondering if I shld do partial FM and BM just to help the jaundice go down.

Irish,

When you skip the test, then how you know whether/ when the jaundice is completely gone? I dun mind skipping the test next week. But was thinking how to tell when it goes away? Cos I also want peace of mind that its cleared.

Dear mummies

Anyone has preloved but good condition BABYPLUS and wanted to sell it off...?

pls msg me at 98799250 for fast deal

thanks

Princess Dia ...

Mine is the PISA so need to send to toh guan. My hb say he will do it on mon cos on leave. *sigh* never happen to my last US set n got to happen for this one.

The service ctr told me shld be able to get it back within 30mins. Dunno whats wrong!!

Sigh, baby having an infection at her belly button. Her uc dropped off a week plus ago and ever since she has been having redness and abit of swelling at her belly button. See pd a few times and keep applying medicine but still having slimy discharge. So worried. Any mummies with similar experience??

Hi can anyone tell me if fenugreek really helps increase bm? I'm having so much trouble expressing enough for my boy. The massaging and the expressing every 3 hours doesn't seem to be helping.

Princess d: NVm la any profile of meghan is fine. hahaha i love to see her bak bak arms n tighs....so nice to cuddle leh

Re: Poo Poo

these 2 days my baby's poo is a bit orangey. not the usual yellow / mustard colour. anyone's baby is like that too? is it normal?

Help help....

In the day n evening I have been feeding almost every hour n bb like never enough. I wonder if ss is super super low. Apart taking the tea how to increase ss? I can't pump on top of the hourly latch...I supplement fm once in afternoon n twice at night...

Night time per feed can only last 2 hour.. So so tired...

Lilacwhite, I also have the same problem. When bb hungry, he like cannot wait, give him pacifier while I make

milk for him also cannot, he will suck the pacifier real hard & make those er er er sound, sound very angry.

When u bathe & clean up for ur bb, did he cry alot? Mine doesn't like me to clean his face nor change for him, he will scream!! He likes diaper change & back scrub.

Claudia: hahaha My baby same lor. When I let him suck the pacifier, his mouth will 'pounce' on the pacifier. Really a little tiger lor. 'Pouncing' on his 'prey'. :p

Initial 1st week he wails the house down during bath and changing time. Now it is better. He is beginning to enjoy bath time. Diaper changing he will cry cos he hates soiled diaper. Clothes changing oso depends on his mood, sometimes ok sometimes not ok.

sundrops: did the hospital give u those alcohol wipes to bring home to clean bb's belly button n umbilical cord when u were discharged from hospital? mine did and we use it to clean the belly area daily until the cord dropped off.

We did, actually her belly button was fine until her uc dropped off. Just went to see pd, suspect that the uc nvr close properly. Need to observe for one week and if really never heal, need to go for surgical procedure.

I nearly cried in the clinic... I feel so bad for baby and my pelvic bones are still healing, Yi Bo wei ping Yi Bo you Qi. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

lilac

haha..my ah pui Meghan really growing sideways ler...but still cannot beat her jie jie!Jade really overdose with BM..LOl

can't wait to see those pix...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stella

It works differently on each individual!Some sees a tremendous changed of ss but some don't at all..can give it a try[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sundrops

So sorry to hear tt you bb's belly button is still sore ...

Hope it will heal ASAP!keep the area dry at the mean time[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Take care of yourself too!The pelvic pain might take a lil while more to heal completely...rest while your bb sleeps...hugs!

sundrops: dun cry k. continue applying the medication n observe closely. maybe u wanna buy those bb belly band n wrap it ard the waist under bb's clothes? hopefully that will minimize exposure to infection. ur bb will get well soon de. *patpat

Hi mommies

anyone with triedn tested caterer to recommend for one mth lunch? Appreciated! Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cyn:

I don't really keep track of wen I pump. I just pump wen I feel slightly full lor. On top of that, I latch baby on also. Guess he is having enough milk cos he can sleep thru for 3 hours. So just gt to feed him every 3 hourly n I pump in betwn feeds lor.

Tmr going TMC to take out the catheter Liao. Hopefully can pee on my own. Pls pray for me. Really irritated with carrying the bag for 1 week!! The place where it's inserted is really painful.

Trying to pump more n store for tmr since I won't be at hm. Just now pump 80ml per side for abt 20 mins per side. So I'll try to pump for 2 feeds. So far supply is good. Hope it remains this way.

I'm taking fenugreek. But dunno if it helps with supply. My boy drinks very fast. Think the flow is quite fast for him.

Hi Mummies here..Congratulations to bundle of joy! Something to share with you all.

However, my motive is to help new mummies to please get your babies covered on a medical and accident. TOUCHWOOD.

What spurred me to approach mummies because of my experience at beginning of Oct. My 2 year old was hospitalised due to acute brochitis. And the saddest story is that I didnt get the rider to cover the excess so in the end..she went to KK and the bill has to be pay from medisave.

During my stay there for a week, I saw 2 newborn cases. One was admitted due to high fever (3 weeks old) and one (3 mths old) was admitted due to urinary tract infection and caused high fever.

I like to talk abt the 3mths old..her mum shared that her bill was almost 8k when she first stayed at Mt Alvenia. She cannot take it anymore so has to come over to KK. Worst part is she was taking her own sweet time to submit the birth cert for the insurance so she cannot claim anything...And after medisave deductions, she still need to fork out almost 5k for the private hospital bill.

You may think that I am making story. But I am telling the truth to alert all of you not to take insurance protections easily. Other plans can wait but medical is impt.

My girl was staying at Ward 62 from 29 Sept to 3rd Oct. I cant mention her name.

Honestly, I am a financial planner starting this year. I do not want to blurf mummy here. If you are interested, u can PM me to ask more.

Hi mommies,

Any remedies for bb who hasn't pooped in 3 days?! Extremely worrying.. =( she's on tbf too.. 3 days ago she pooped some black poop (dunno how to spell but all of u shld know) then no more liao! Her pee is ok.. & she has been farting but just no poo!

Sigh... Gotta see pd tmr but really scared my lil girl will b subjected to painful treatments. =( x 1000000

Seabreeze, did u try wash and clean ur pump n try again? That time my pump suddenly no suction cos din clean properly I think.

Groovy, my baby often vomit out milk too, almost every day, every feed - fm, ebm or even latching too. Read that it might be common, dunno how true.

Sundrop, my baby umbilical cord also similar n pd say just apply th antiseptic solution n clean, been doing that.

Pearlyn, that time my girl also n my midwife say maybe the water we using for fm not engh minerals? I dunno for bm, maybe the food u eat not engh minerals for baby to go poo poo also? I dunno. We use the mineral water midwife recommended n she poo every day now. I m doing partial bf.

morning diamond~

still waiting for his arrival leh..at least 4-5 babies were delivered since we came in last night liao..

Ian

Oh so your wifey opt for induction or got signs of labour??? Good luck n may she have a smooth delivery ! U must b excited ! Go grab a coffee !! U need to boost up ur energy to cheer for your wife!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

diamond> never opt for induction..now is abt 5cm dilated..waiting for gynae to drop by...~ just bought my breakfast from the cafeteria :p

Back