(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Guess for those expecting Baby No 1, there's quite a variety of clothings/toys/accessories available, definitely can shop till drop! Bring out the cash/cards!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Teoong,

me still here...

erh.. but i dun drink essence of chicken one leh... so can't really advise u on that. I always save those for my hubby coz he drinks that when he got insufficient sleep/rest esp. during 1st few weeks after confinement lady left... keke... works for him but i totally hate the smell...

Maybe some other mummies can advise you on that...

LilBluey...

aiyo... u make me so wanted to go taka fair again... I forgot abt it liao leh.... sob sob...

Vivian ...

Same ... my dad oso got diabetic ... think I didnt declare for my past 2 pregnancy thats why escaped hahaha + my #2 was 1kg heavier than my #1 so my gynae scared *sigh*

Mine is 2hr ler ... the clinic assistant told me to be there at 9am for 1st prick then 10am 2nd prick and 11am the final prick then see gynae at 11.20am. Told her tat I might faint of hunger lor ... going to call them on Fri to tell them to put the sweet drink in the fridge for me. Scared I puke from room temperature water ....

mummies who are doing nails and dinner ... ENJOY!!!

Teoong ...

I drank 1 bottle when I was going to give birth (during contraction) cos some ppl tell me v good ... boost energy hahaha cant tell if it helped actually =p

Lilbluey

so the essential stuff ike wipes la bottles la all that generally 20% off...thought of buying the gaia baby bath there also...

I personally drink essence of chicken when i feel really tired - days when even sleep at 9 pm wake up at 7 am to go work is not sufficient sleep. It helps to perk me up for ... huh 2 days at most. Good sleep and rest still works beta

Taka baby fair sounds good! will try to go this weekend [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

1) My Brest Friend Pillow in very good condition at $50

2) Brand new Mothercare Multi purpose support pillow at $65 (Original $81.50)

- For use during pregnancy & post birth

- Supports your bump at night

- Can be used in several positions for daytime

- Support during pregnancy & while breastfeeding

- Moulds to your body

- Removable machine washable cover

- Help baby to learn sitting position

Pick up at Queenstown.

Pls PM me if keen.

Pics: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/449183/4325016.html?1280903911

Metta

i used johnson top to toe and then after that switch to organic gaia one le....i fee both also as good. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but gaia pretty ex..

hahaha...

Very happy! Just left my gynae's clinic!

Put on 1kg in 3weeks! Best! Baby very good !!! Now week 29+ weighing 1.7kg!

I'm meeting the gurls soon! Ciao!

I can't remember whether I need to write whether got any family history of diabetes to my gynea.. Hm..

My mom has diabetes :S..

So far my gynea never told me to test for blood sugar level :S..

My weight also usually being taken after consultation, not before consultation :S.. Is it becoz I don't look very fat :S (even though I actually gained 10 kgs from my 8th week check up till my 29th week :S).

Just called my gynea yesterday abt my sibling having the allergy to penicillin. He said that has nothing to do with me usually. Then he advised me to try 1/4 of the medicine first, then wait 1 hour whether got any rashes or signs of allergy.. If nothing wrong, then can eat the whole tablet.

I tried this morning and I don't have any sign of allergy. Phew..

My mom actually told me after I managed to call her, that most likely I don't have any allergy (including sulphur medicine).. She said I'm the person who is not easily get sick, that's why most likely I'm not allergic. But she can't remember anymore.. She just usually ask us to write having allergy to Sulphur and Penicillin to be save.. :S..

Last time (6 years ago) I might have asked my dad instead, that's why he only told me to write Sulphur, but not Penicillin. I think he forgot. Stupid me didn't reconfirm with my mom who knows more than my dad...

Hopefully I'll be fine the whole day-without any sign of allergy.

Vivian,

If you have the green light to go then go shop for a short short while! For me, on the way back got serious leg cramps, then my hb said "see too much shopping le" ;p *bleah*

Etelle,

Yes, there's Avent and Pigeon booth, speaking about bottles I forgot to check out on NUK -_-"" no wonder my hb says I buy irrelevant stuff hahaha ;p~

Think the Pigeon steriliser got bundle offer at $199.

If I din remember wrongly, there's 20% off GAIA new pdts, existing one I'm not too sure, I like their bath pdts too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Huggies diapers is oso on sales I think $13.45.

Princess Dia,

Good to know that your princess is doing well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Hv fun later with the rest of the ladies!

My mum always told me that she breastfeed me the longest, until my teeth grows. Hehe.. Cannot remember how long she said, maybe 2 years..

Maybe that's why I'm the one very seldom got sick.. I used to have external injury instead, due to my clumsiness..

Oh, i almost forget there is the taka fair. hmm prob will go during this long wkend to look see look see..

Lilbluey your hubby is funni to comment to too much shppg liao. heehee. End of the day, we woman still will shop no matter what one la.

Princess, wah! 3wks gain only 1kgs even after your food searching in KL. Not bad sia. Good good!

Seabreeze,

think my test going to be like yours coz i rem i need to prick a few times too. I dun think my clinic got fridge leh.. sob sob... hope i dun puke or faint too...

Metta,

For newborn, try to use those PH neutral ones bah. That is what my PD recommend when my #1 used to have infant eczema. At first i used california baby... then changed to QV wash which is much cheaper and easily available from watson or pharmacy.

There are some other brands like sebamed baby, cetaphil etc which are also PH neutral.

I think depends on baby bah. Some used baby johnson no problem but it is too dry for my baby lor.

Only after the baby eczema goes off after he turns 1 yo, then i change back to baby johnson top to toe.

This round for #2, think i will use back QV wash to be safe bah...

Princess_d,

good to know that baby is growing well... mine will be tomolo...

You enjoy today lah...

LilBluey,

sigh... hope for gynae to agree on shopping is very very slim. Think needs a miracle. She dun even allow me to walk across a road to tabao food leh... confirm cannot one... I am thinking of sneaking out though... keke...

You got leg cramp ah... better rest hor...

Vivian ...

Call them lar ... they should have a fridge somewehere =p

Metta ...

I dun recommend baby johnson top to toe actually cos my #1 had v bad rashes aft using and we changed to Lactacyd - they have 2 type, 1 is for feminine wash and another one which is pH7 (or something) that can use for baby. Lactacyd was recommended when I attende the antenatal class conducted by Mrs Wong many yrs back.

Work well for my kids =) non-rinse somemore

teoong

regarding drinking chicken essence, my MIL ask me to drink it at least twice a week since my first trimester liao. hahaa

Lilbluey

die lah.. hahha.. if i tell my hb i wanna go have a look at taka fair, he will say "aiyoh... cannot buy ah!"... hahaha...

Ian

you go during weekend sure very crowded [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Metta

for newborns, buy those non-rinse type first... I bought Kodomo range - Mild and Natural. I think the Kodomo range all non-rinse type.

Princess D

good for you!! baby's all well and healthy!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i'm gonna see my gynae this Saturday. Am so excited too!!

Vivian

you naughty naughty ah? hahaha.. wanna sneak out? later your gynae find out will scold you not? better take precaution and becareful k? Or maybe later your hb scold you.. how??? be very very careful! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks Seabreeze, Vivian and libluey. will check out the brands this weekend if go shopping.

For leg cramp, if really bad, can rub a little medical oil (KK said Axe oil or any medical oil should be ok if use moderately) and keep your leg warm. It helps.

Lilbluey

thanks...will check out gaia and avent bottles...hee hee...

timminibus

u bought form australia when u were there or when u ordered online? The other time i went australia...the gaia powder was only 1+ at coles le...i snapped up quite a few...LOL...love gaia.

Ivy,

Tht's why muz go w/o him, buy in secret, then next time he will prolly just ask how come got tis item? wahahaha ;p~~

Vivian,

Nvm lar, rest more for the sake of baby, first time walked until got leg cramps -_-"" but then I notice my legs were swollen at the start of the day tdy, normally the swelling will occur twds the end of the day...

Shin,

Tell me about it manz, my eyes just got distracted and wanders off..then when my hb appears beside me, he said "wat hv I done?!" hahaha...

Metta ...

Lactacyd is readily available in watson. But the cheapest I could find so far is Beauty Language ... this shop that sells toiletries. Guess other shops that sell such stuff should be abt the same price range =)

Can last for v long cos just need 1 squeeze per time only

Lilbluey

hahaha.. sometimes I put the things into the basket... den when he comes he will take the things out and say we don't need this, don't need that... don't buy first etc... but i think quite good that he controls at times.. otherwise I might just end up with more things! lol

etelle...

i bought when i was there n tom pang my frens n auntie when they come. i love gaia cos it's moisturising and free of parabens and sulphates. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Metta,

Thanks for the tip! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Will try it out...used to hate medicated oil but now it's become my best fren for now becos of my constant headache...cannot take extra strong panadol is quite of a torture -_-""

Shin,

Sama sama leh, my hb always say I buy unnecessary stuff which is quite true hahaha ;p~

Good to have a partner to exert some 'pressure' on us else we will spiral out of control hee hee

Timminbuzz,

I oso love GAIA pdts coz of its gdness! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ian

OH yah!! I totally forgot this week is long weekend... then bo bian.. go weekend better.. or else all the good deals gone by then [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lilbluey

but then again.. maybe i can just convince my hubby to "take a look" at the taka fair this sat... just tell him go take a look... hahaha

Bath wash

=========

Ya... the one Seabreeze mentioned Lactacyd is the one highly recommended coz hospital uses that too... I bot that and used it for my #1 but his eczema din go away somehow. My pd say by right should be ok one but since he not suitable so we changed lor.

Do note that the 2 packaging, one for feminine wash and the other one for baby are quite similar. Look properly before buying hor.

Shin,

I have used kodomo before. I find it very strong leh. That time i got some samples so used it on my boy, wah... only a few times using the shampoo, my boy's hair start to drop leh!! After i switch back to his normal ones, ok liao, so confirm is kodomo's problem. Even my MIL told me my SIL's girl used liao also not good. In the end, she only used it to wash their buttocks coz smell very nice...

Then again, maybe my boy is more sensitive lah...

Enjoy the long long weekend,ladies~

wont be logging into forum for the next few days [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ian,

Hv fun & Happy Shopping!!

Shin,

Ya..juz take a look *wink wink* kekeke ;p~

Tht's wat I always tell my hb, then he says I've got a hidden agenda!! wah! ;D

Vivian

ohh.. i never buy shampoo leh.. the one i bought is only for bath... cos i remember Mrs Wong say newborns no need to use shampoo first... I think so ah! hahaa.. I think use water first to wash... or use non-rinse type.. can't rmb what she said exactly [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

so i try the Kodomo bath first.. Luckily i buy small bottle cos in case it's not suitable for the baby.. just like what you said.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] If too strong then I will change! hehe

So many things for babies are like trial and error process... the combination we get is more than the trial and error we learn in Maths!!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wa seems like da xue wen for bath and shampoo too. :p

must look for trial or smallest bottle available when buying

OMG ... I am so fed up with POSB/DBS or should I say with myself!!

I just noticed that they have been deducting $2 service charge from me for the past 2 mths and today I decided to call and find out WHY??

They then tell me that cos I have a current acct which I need for the purpose of cheque book and I need to maintain a min daily avaerage of $1,500. And this started since Sep 09!!

I totally have no idea of this new rule ... I told her that I am v pissed and she kept saying that they have publicised this in their website, current acct statement etc

I must have been so so mean when I told her that I dun care and told her to go and check how many $2 have they been deducting from my acct!! Cos I am v v unhappy abt it!!

She still ask me if I want to close the current account cos if only have the savings acct then just need to maintain $500. Wow ... so fed up and told her that I have NO PROBLEM putting $1,500 in my current acct except that I am fed up that they just happily impose charges on me.

Poor gal ... she say she will check on the amt that they have been deducting from me and call me back ... sickening lar think I must go and open an acct that gives me FREE cheque book one.

Hihi mummies and Ian

busy busy day... was thinking if can go off early can try and join for dinner with the rest of the pretty mummies... hai~~

Gaia is good? cheaper in AU? Aiya my friend just got back from AU. Need to check with her when she going again! What products are good for Gaia?

Seabreeze POSB also like that ah? From what I know I have been having similar problems with Singtel where they will impose charges on me without informing me. Many times I have to call back to tell them to cancel the charge. They have these services which they give u for free for a while then if u dont opt out, they make u pay. Services which I dont even know abt... And some of the customer service officers are super jia lart. Can argue back somemore! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/angry.gif]

Babybes ...

I was actually q shocked when she told me of the $1,500 cos I went like ... POSB is a Nation Bank right?? Anyway ... now that its under DBS ... maybe not so 'nation' afterall right??

M1 oso been deducting $0.20 every month for some data charges and my hubby have been asking me what isit abt ... but for $0.20 I am abit sianz of calling.

I tell myself that if she calls me back and they deduct less than $10 for me then I will just forget it BUT anything more I will bark hahaha ... can pay for half a durian swiss roll lor

Shin,

ya, newborn no need shampoo... thats why i only use them when my boy is older lor. Who knows so strong.... I cannot imagine if i used on my baby. Anyway, the one my MIL complains is the bath wash. You are smart to get the small bottle first... hee... maybe your bb ok with it leh...

I do agree that everything have to be trial and error coz all babies are different. Some babies can use any brand, some just more sensitive. Same thing applies for diapers and milk powder...

Seabreeze,

I using OCBC cheque book. Its free.

Seabreeze, I use citibank - if you maintain $2k (or you have more than $2k above in FD) they provide you free cheque book. Think they call it maxi account.

Maybe 7 or 8 years ago, my OCBC bank account got deducted till negative figure and they got the cheek to call me to top it up and ask me for a new specimen signature as they have lost of my specimen signature (when transfering it from hard copy to digital data)! I was so fed up and ask to cancel but was told cancel also must pay up. Argued with the Branch Manager also no used. Ended paying a few dollars just to get them off my back. OCBC will not get new business from me. Not even considering them for my baby's account - Will use SCB.

Metta

hahaha.. yah.. I also learnt a lot when i joined this forum... being parents.. we really "learn-on-the-job" ... lol [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Seabreeze

I think POSB not the only bank like that..and yep, they impose this rule long time ago liao.. cos my savings bank also must maintain $500.. hahaha

UOB also like that.. so i am going to close my UOB account and open ANOTHER one that need to lower maintanance amount. So mafan! Is there any bank offering FREE chq book accounts? Not that I know of leh...

Vivian ...

Ok me going to visit the banks on Tues since I have like 1hr interval between each prick ... already paying $2 every month cos of the stupid cheque book and now they have the guts to deduct $2 for some stupid service charge. What service?!?

OCBC is free ar ... maybe I will check with them.

Metta ...

The prob with the private bank is that its not easily available for deposit and withdrawl so till now all the accounts are still with the local banks. But I heard that SCB is q good =)

Vivian

ok.. so I remembered correctly.. hehee.. When did you start using shampoo for your boy? I always wondering when I need to start shampoo-ing the baby's hair. Huh!! the bottle states Mild and Natural so the bath wash better be mild and natural!! wahhahaha.. or else I use it to wash the baby's buttocks lor.. hehee.. like what your MIL did [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I also hope my baby will be ok to everything.. or else very headache.. All these diapers, milk powder and bath thingy... not suitable then change change change.. aiyoh!

Metta

OCBC so bad? Cos i intend to open the Mighty Savers account or whatever account that is for my baby leh. Which other banks got offer such baby accounts?

If I am informed abt the charges I am fine, becoz I can opt to pay or just close the account or terminate the services. Just that I do not like them to impose charges on me without my knowledge. One of my colleagues got the same shit from Singtel and she was paying them extra $2 every month for more than 6months before she knew. So now every month I got to check all my statements properly.

I thought no bank has Free cheque book without maintaining certain amount of money inside the account (>$1500)?

I remember last time I have difficulties to find account with free cheque book without maintaining certain amount of money. In the end, I just know later that if I use DBS Cashline cheque book, paid beforehand to the account 2 working days before using it, then I can use it FOC.

Now my DBS Cashline supposed to have annual fee charge already but until now I think I don't get any charge. Maybe it's time to call them to ensure :S.. Always forgotten ever since I'm pregnant.

Seabreeze

I saw your FB status and it really made me laugh! Your boy is really very witty and smart with his comments everytime!!! hahaha.. so much so that it will leave adults speechless! very entertaining.. hahahaa [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back