(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Lilbluey, thanks for updating thé list My Dear. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I read somewhere, ba Zhang is one culprit that Will cause indigestion even for pple who are not preg. Usually end of 2nd tri, Bégin of 3rd tri is where thé indigestion n such Will start again so try to go slow with ba Zhang.... Feeling of indigestion is terrible for me i guarantee....

Empress 7

Gula Melaka is brown sugar [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

To make gula melaka syrup: Using a pestle, break up a block of palm sugar to fill a cup. Place broken pieces into a small pot. Add half cup water and heat gently till sugar melts into a brown syrup.

yup the glutinous rice is the culprit.. LOL.

Used to get indigestion every time having ba zhang, but today is quite weird, i had it for breakfast, then lunch time i'm still pretty hungry and had tom yum fish soup for lunch, and i'm still complaining the bee hoon inside so little not full.. haha! now i'm munching on Ruffles!

thx irish, i shall try out. another alternative to gula melaka is milk right? condense milk? or else not sweet i suppose?

mel,

seabreeze has her point too, some of my friends use better brand for new born rather than cheaper one thou the consumption during first month is high, coz baby skin very delicate that time so they dun mind spending more.

Thanks Ian, Lilbluey n Babydes.

Babydes, i suspectéd i might be down with something but Hb say Dun Think so much.

My arms is better today, guess maybe thé weather n not engh sleep....

mel,

i buy from BP, coz lazy go out hunt haha.. there are 2 or 3 thread in BP selling i guess..

so far only placed order for 2 cot size one, going to get some for my king bed nearer to the edd.

Irish Coffee, ur car okie?where u park ur car? Or u Côme to work by other means of transport?

thks irish, i'll go get it at the nearest es teler!

seabreeze, i enjoy cooking and eating.. lol. but since preggy dun cook so much. too tired to go marketing and clean up afterwards.

thks tiffy!

ian, v nice rompers! u got it from guess boutique at taka basement issit? i like e denim jeans. I bought a denim mini skirt for baby gal too from Fox.. so cute can die! next time i post e pic.

Hi ladies,

wow... you all are so active just half a day nia...

Me officially "on call" at home so not working until school reopen starting next mth.

Hee...

Wow... I din know abt orchard until I saw the post here leh... heng never go orchard to shop.

WEIGHT

======

Aiyo... you all complain of getting close to 70kg ah... me so far din put on any weight (500gm max) since preggie already long reached over 70kg lor... haha... you all no fight... thats why i say even i din put on weight also heavier than you all full term lah... keke...

CLOTH DIAPERS

=============

erh... ok, actually I am a bumwear customer few years ago... bot an expensive package from them before my #1 is out for their cloth diapers. In the end, sadly I din really use them that much. Coz eventually we found that using disposable is more convenient and easy and more hygiene. So eventually the cloth diapers only come into use once in a blue moon.

My advise to the mummies who are considering, dun buy too much first. Buy a few pieces to try out before you decide to buy lots.

I din voice out these earlier on coz I saw so many mummies here so enthusiastic abt this. But since so many ppl here considering getting them, just can't help giving my own experience on these. Erh... I must say har, this is my personal opinion lah... probably I am too lazy to use them. I believed there are ppl who really put them in good use... just giving another pt of view bah. Dun mind hor...

Empress 7

Im not sure about the condense milk leh cos i only try with brown sugar...

Mel

Majority of the departmental store sure have it eg Taka, OG, John little or robinson, go to their baby/kids department.

Apple

U may wanna break your meal into smaller meal with more frequency to curb your indigestion? Try not to lay flat cos it will restrict blood flow to baby, better to lay on your left.

Im not driving. My daily transport mode is MRT. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] When i came to work this morning was still fine, the flood only started at abt 10am but now the flood already subsided and the road is clear.

Vivian, today cold la. all dun want to work kept chatting online ;p

hehe i was giggling also when i read e posts abt gaining pregnancy weight close to 70kg. I was more than 70kg to begin wif :S

Ladies, I seconded Vivian's comment on cloth diapers.

My personal opinion too...Dont buy too much try out see if its really convenient for u. Im just like vivian previously end up i still found disposable diaper is more convenient for me, during then i was a first time mum everything was new to me and there were too many things to learn and handle when baby back home after birth, its too overwhelming for me with busy coping with sleeping and breastfeeding till no time to bother about the cloth diaper to change the insert or to wash the diaper.

And what empress 7 has mentioned, the cloth diapers looks too cute to be wore under rompers!
[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Marrissa,

haha... me same as you lor...

SHOPPING FOR PRINCESS RHEA

==========================

haha... FINALLY i bot something for my little one...

was walking past Fox and bot a top, a short and a dress since got gss sales discount + citibank 20% more discount... so happy...

Already took pic but haven crop and upload...

Will try to upload soon...haha...

Let the shopping begins!

Vivian, i love Fox babies clothes!! ya upload soon.

I'll upload mine too. I bought this super cute mini denim skirt and denim jeans for baby there. I've been stalking Fox for the denim skirt since last month coz b4 i got pregnant i bought a mini skirt for her baby there and i kept thinking abt it, finally got it! btw, i linked u up in my blog

empress7> use Hershey's chocolate syrup to replace the gula melaka..

For us Indonesian, we usually use chocolate condense milk for our Avocado Juice. Hehe..

Thanks Seabreeze. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I dun really feel prégnant or différent till now except with a big tum tum leh. Anyone feeling thé same? Maybe i m différent or havé différent thinking or My expectation of preg différent.

Apple ...

Generally the same as preg ... no alchol. No pig liver cos the pig liver will reduce milk supply.

Avoid cold stuff too cos that will affect the milk supply =)

Take plently of fish ...

Irish, thanks yar been trying to tell myself eat small meal freq but sometimes too hungry cant control.

in thé past i use to sleep on My left but now dunno y thé boobs n tummy obstruct me fr sleeping on left or rite, Dun feel comfortable. Then thé baby or tummy like being crush like that when i sleep on left. I feel better sleeping on My back now.... Weird hor....

Was keen in cloth diaper too but hubby say disposable more convenient n we won hav thé Time to wash or wat n washing also Dun save cost or save thé enviroment so i was convinced.

Thx Groovy, that sounded more instantly available! will go try out if i'm too lazy to cook gula melaka. :p

Apple, i heard best to avoid ginger for first 10 days as it may cause jaundice to baby. I've some doubt about alcohol coz some ppl say better not use in confinement food if breastfeed but i thot most confinement food would use both ginger and wine?

Apple, do you feel baby kicking? Previously is the morning sickness that made me feel preg, now that's gone, so other then the big tum tum is the constant kicking by the baby. Especially when I'm trying to sleep but he wants to play football.. zzz.

Hi Mel,

I bought 2 from this BP but have yet to receive the item.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3936272.html?1276675527

Another BP selling wider range :

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4104416.html?1276676323

There are also other BPs, i just random surf..

Seabreeze, thanks. But can take raw food n seafood? That is My main Concern. Hope to eat sashimi n oyster aft giving birth.

Oh how abt cold drinks n tea n coffee Can take during breastfeeding? Btw, so if we breastfeeding, bleeding Will be for how long? Two weeks immediately aft delivery n stop until breastfeeding stop in most cases?

Thanks Seabreeze for ur prompt ans.

Apple

I still feel the same except with a really huge tum tum...hahaha. Just dont think too much and enjoy your pregnancy, try to have a good rest and eat well [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Actually im like u...in the past im also a left sleeper but due to backache now feeling much better if sleeping on back, doctor advise not to so am trying to sleep either left or right. Dun worry it will not crush baby when sleeping on either side.
[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Empress7 ...

For wine in food is alright cos after cooking all the alchol will evaporate =) Frankly I avoided ginger and it didnt make much difference to my bb jaundice level hahaha it was still HIGH ...

Apple ...

I took raw food ler heehee I even take curry and spicy stuff when I bf ...

oh and try to avoid caffine cos it will pass on to the milk too.

if u can't drive in orchard road, then bring our yr boat,... lol[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4118107.jpg]

Empress, i do feel baby kicking occassionally just that i Think My expectation of pregnancy is différent? Thot i Will like feel v différent but most of thé thing still quite thé Same except for some hicupps n such?

I want to ask is taggie necessary n wat is thé use? Is is thé Same as thé smelly pillow?

Thanks so much Irish Coffee. Today u more free at work? Cos usually saw u post more aft work at nite.

marissa, are you serious! that is how they celebrate 'ba chang day' at orchard?! so the flood happened for a reason. LOL!

Apple i also crave for shashimi! hehe.. can't wait. btw, wat is taggie?

seabreeze, oh thx for clearing my doubts on the wine part. hehe..

Rgd Cloth diaper, what friends say is cloth diaper means more rounds of washing, more water more detergent consumption, need more place to hang cloth and all these also means more time spent. Disposable diaper just use and throw, sort of paying for more time to rest lor.. Being first time mum i dare not try out for first 2 months scare cannot cope, coz newborn will pee and poo a lot. But I'll be keen to try out at a later stage if it really helps to speed up potty train. Just my personal opinion. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Seabreeze that is good to hear. Will whack thé sashimi n try oyster aft that. Haven really try oyster esp hère. I m not a coffee person so still okie. :p

Empress, thks so much. I have placed order for 2 of the mattress protectors. If I'm not wrong, I see some places selling $20 odd dollars for one. Now, I can 2 for the price of one. Thks for the great recommendation.

Empress yar lor me counting down to see My precious n to eat sashimi. N try oyster. Got eat mussels twice or thrice thèse 2 mth... I Think they cook with wine but erm... Shld be okie?

Btw, wanted to ask u, ur Oscar test blood test result not tt gd but din go for amnio test hor? For thé détail scan did ur doc or sonographer say anything? Wat did they say?

I aso dunno wat is taggie but i Rem i saw My friend in another thread mention before.

Back