(2010/08) August 2010 MTB

alibaba,

my girl only drink 100ml... after calculate back, 1 day she only hav abt 6-8 feeds. sound very low intake hor? but she gain 1.2kg in 5 weeks time.

I wish I can latch on and pump on the other side too. But my Bb reject my nipple leh. Sigh.

Pigeon brand pump not good hor. My colleague just called me say he got pigeon lobang and they want to buy pigeon product for me and ask me to choose. I saw an electric pump leh.

jascmy,

just keep on trying to latch your baby. wait till your baby very hungry then bo bian, they will start to suck. i oso just start to let my girl latch on. + u!

n_g, ya, I will try to latch him at least once a day. It like bulying him leh. He suck 1 or 2 time and stop to vry out loud. Once he suck a few times then reject and close mouth tightly and my milk leak till his whole mouth and clothings he stil don wan to open mouth to catch the leaking milk.

Ya, we jia you. One day they will accept our nipple de.

I got my pis from a mummy who decided not to breastfeed 1week+ after giving birth from wts section. All her parts still super new hence I never get new ones, it's us set but she include adapter, gt from her at $250. Also didn't wan to spend much coz am stopping at #2.

yah .. Flip.. mine can't lah .. we swaddle him so tight (wk5) .. how he can flip .. i'm referring to someone's baby.

Diff between father n mother is that .. we man only can touch/see our baby at night or wkend. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Ahnah, according to bb centre website, earliest Bb can roll over (turn) is 3 months leh.. N most bb takes abt 4-5 months old to do that..

Ahnah,

I stop swaddle my baby for more than 1 wk liao. She like to struggle till her hand free so I just unswaddle her lor. N I stop let her wear mitten since last friday cos her face got milk rash. Nurse at polyclinic told me baby hand touch milk then touch face so cause the milk rash. But must trim her finger nail 3 times every wk to pretend her scratch herself. U can c baby photo at co. Tis is wat my hb usually do. =)

Ng, how old is ur bb now? Pls update me abt e spotting issue okay? Normally is brown spotting, today is bright red spotting.. Next week suppose to go for pap smear.. If still spotting have to change appointment Liao..

MVH,

my baby 6 wks old. will update u tomorrow after c gynae.

sunflower,

dun know leh. but dun think i got eat or drink anything liang leh. i din even drink much water. usually drink warm milo. after 1 month confinement dun know how to drink water liao. lol~

hi hi, i also have bright red spotting. it started 1 week ago. it was brown and lesser, then suddenly it became bright red and quite more than usual since 1 week.

is it normal?

i cant latch my baby on properly. she sucks my nipple very hard and its super pain, instead of sucking on the entire aerola..

i got phobia of latching her on..

Monkie,

past few wk me too phobia let my girl latch on. But I keep trying n if really injured or too pain I givher EBM. Today she seem able to latch on well. So happy tomorrow can just let her latch on n dun need bring EBM or formula. + u! U can do it too.

Monkie.. I'm a first time mum n having a bb latching on is simply traumatic for me.. I knew it wld be pain but not that pain! I was really on the verge of giving up cos I can't seem to latch her on! Despite enduring the bleeding nipple.. Suddenly my supply also dip from conbined 250ml to less than a 100 ml! All my peers cld latch their bb well.. So y can't I? I let her scream n shout( better still cos the mouth will be wide open) keep shoving in ur nipple by pinching the aerola till she decide to suckle. Dun let go of her head and ur hand holding the nipple...till the suction is there. It has been a week since I fully latch on.. Though she still struggle with me sometimes.. Though my nipple still pain sometimes.. I still look forward to her satisfied smile at the end of each feed. I

Annah my bb amazed my mum n us by sleeping sideways on her own... legs crossed as if there is a bolster.I was rather worried n quickly turn her to sleep on her back.

She is 3 wks old

Monkie, sounds like a shallow latch. U need to unlatch yr bb and get him to open his mouth big then pop in yr nipple. I know it's not that easy so sometimes when my son dun latch well I will push his jaw down when he rest in btn sucking to open his jaw wider.

U can also consult an lc to make sure there r no other problems. Rem yr breasts and yr baby are unique. Other people may have tried other ways before successful latching

Kyra:my bb too. Sleep on e "side" @ abt 4 wks. Is normal n infact they slp better like this. Dun have to be worried. Cos bb nowadays r different frm our times. Mums nowadays know wat supplement to eat during pregnancy such as calcium, etc. So in the womb they grew strong bones n most r able to hold up their neck almost 2wks upon birth. Not like last time. 3 months later then established firm neck

so long never log on le.. warm welcome to those who just join =)

im glad u gals r successful with yr latch on.. my bb can suckle well now but I only latch on while waiting for the ebm to warm up and when she wants to suckle for comfort..

at least all of you have supportive people ard you.. i only have someone who is constantly telling me not to latch on since i will be returning to work soon (in nov) and if bb develops a taste for direct sucking, she will have trouble looking after my bb.. all i hear is negative stuff..

sleeping position: my bb loves to sleep on tummy... she sleeps better.. =)

Allo allo n Gd morning mummies n daddies!

thks onie... Hmmm so exciting to her new hat tricks everyday.. Last nite mum says" cry loud loud. Call ah ma next door hor!" before she sleeps cos I trying to get her to sleep with me which my mum dun want. and she really open her eyes big big from 12mid to 4am! N my mum gt to carry her...thru the nite..Usu she sleeps thru n wake for mik only! Haha so dunn play play n anyhow say things to bb!

hii all, Im new here! enjoy reading thru some of the issues faced

Nature Lover,

I've the same predicament as u. 孤军作战. At least urs is telling u cuz u're starting wk soon. Mine is since day 1 after i shifted back from confinement. Reason being dunno and lazy to heat the bm up! arghhh...

scd: mine started since confinement already.. long story.. one thing is clear.. everytime i say something positive, i will be put down... always cold blanket.. hiahz

Nature_lover, dun worry too much.. 1st week or so, bb might have trouble looking for yr nipple after u go work.. But after much persistent, bb will adapt to changes especially when hungry.. I continue to latch my elder gal when I came back fr work.. Hence, she knows day time use bottle n nite time use mummy nipple.. They will get used to e routine sooner or later.. It is the transition part that is always headache to handle..

Hi all, any review on pigeon breast pump??

Don know what to choose for my pigeon gift from colleages. Will have to tell ask them to change another brand for me to choose.

Talking about bleeding/spotting, i didn't experience much lochia after my c-sect. Just occasional spotting only. I am not sure if it's normal cos i forgot to check with the gynae in my last vist. I didn't take anything cooling at all.

btw, me still got looked like few mths preggy cos of big tummy but bb is already 5 wks old. Should i be concerned? i have lost like 10kg so far and 2 more to go to pre-preggy weight.

Jascmy,

Me also got leaking milk from bb's mouth. I figured the latching wasn't done correctly. bb's lips should be flipping outwards and mouth should cover as much aroela as possible.

I tried to re-latch him a few times to get it correct and less leaking.

I was trying to get LC to do home visit but I couldn't reach anyone so I just try on my own till things improved. Just need more patience and patience ok? Me was near tears when trying out cos very frustrating.

Hi mummies,

I have the followings to let go, PM me if you are keen. Thks.

1) Maxi Cosi Cabriofix Car seat

2) Mum in mind sarong sling

3) Pigeon breast pad (36pc)

Cheers.

I also face a lot of negativity latching my baby... Even kena blamed for not having enough bm supply haiz. Alot lah but I learn to block them out loh, skin needs to be abit thicker

But I'm not giving up since I saw that my son more constipated drinking fm

Bakaholic, don't give up! I support u! I know how u feel... I also wept when I could not latch my baby afew weeks back. If Doris Fok don't do home visits u can try sister kang from mt a I heard she is very good too and she does home visits but more ex about 100 or so

Hi all..

Mind if I join this thread? Been a silent reader all along and enjoyed reading all the posts..

My bb gal is 4weeks old..

So envy most of the mummies here are giving bm... feel so guilty, like a bad mummy nv giv bm to bb...

Nature Lover:

i doubt i hav bm le... alreeady stopped pumping out for a few weeks le... think if i nw wanted giv bm oso too late ba...

Letting go of Medela PIS Advance (Backpack) @ $480

Good condition. Used only a few times.

Warranty included til June 2011

Interested parties, kindly Email me: [email protected]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4520496.jpg]

Jasmcy, one of my frens said pigeon pump not good.. Suction not powerful..

Nature_lover, who is taking care of yr bb when u go work? Maybe 2-3weeks before u go work, let ur intended caregiver bottle feed yr bb once a day for a week, then twice a day 1-2weeks before u go work.. This is what I did to my elder gal..

Bermi, maybe u can latch yr bb after bottle feed to simulate milk again.. Since u have stopped so long le, maybe need a longer time to produce milk again.. Just try lor.. In fact, I heard a story before, abt a mummy adopting a few day old infant n she let e bb suck for comfort.. Since she is not the one giving birth, there is no milk at all.. Miracle happens, after a few month of suckling, She manage to produce some milk.. Not much, just a few drops but strange rite?! Dunno issit true or not..

MVH,

My mum and CL have been telling me not to touch liang stuff during breastfeeding becos baby will kena lao sai..

Bakaholic,

Yeah don’t give up..most of us cried when baby cant latch on .. for me surprisingly, my baby latch very well at wk 6 onwards and rejected bottle a few times even though I only latch him once a day…so dont worry k!

Mvh & monkie,

chk wif my gynae tis am, having spotting for 6-8 wks after giv birth is normal. Not related to food we took. Some will hav spotting even after 8 wks but not many lah. So no worry.

Sunflower, I can't tahan e hot weather.. I need cold drink which also consider Liang rite?

Ng, thanks for e update.. So I m one of e rare few that still have red spotting after 8 weeks.. When issit going to stop??!! Sigh..

Eino, fm for infant only or all ages? My elder gal drinks pedicure.. Just increased by ard $3 a few months back.. If still increase, I broke Liao..

thx ng for the update !

did the gynae say why it is like this? mine was brownish then suddenly change back to red colour.

wonder if it is due to streneous activities like too much housework or carrying baby for too long etc?

MVH: think is across all brand. but for which age I am not sure.. but price increase is confirm for infant...

now simiac is $43 plus.

btw, with concerns to all food intake during confinement or after confinement.. I eat all kinds of food... I do not consider "heaty or cooling" food.

I am breastfeeding my boy too.. I have read the breast feeding journal that..

the quality of all breastmilk is the same (composition and content) irregardless of wat you ate.. the difference is only the quantity which most of us got the prob.. i guess..

I ate seafood, take cold drink.. etc .. etc...

its a long time since i log on..

my girl is now close to 7wks..

i am breastfeeding my girl and my hb will feed her EBM in the evening.

i realised that my girl will LS after i eat chilli, so nowadays, i can't eat chilli.

btw, is any of your baby addicted to pacifier?

my girl will cry when her pacifer drop out of her mouth.

is that normal?

Back