(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

helloooo mamas!

it's sue here again..:p

looks like it's play gym season! hehehe..

yeah yeah! go go go! i'm pretty sure the mummies will enjoy those play-gym sessions..

i really enjoyed Cally's gymboree session.. somemore she was quite happy to be swung around left n right, during the group activity session (1st 10 mins and final 10mins of the 40min session)

I have 1 petty grouse though..

at the last 10min session, the trainer will sing a song and blow a big bubble at each baby + everyone call out the bb's name, then wait for the bb to burst the bubble

since Cally joined the 10mth-16mth group and the other babes can walk..

this little gal walked over to Cally's bubble and burst it.. even after the teacher walked away and tried do it again for bb Cally, that little gal burst Cally's bubble 2 more times while cally was staring at it trying to figure out what to do...

that gal's mummy was just looking and didn't intervene...

*grumbles grumbles*

bbf and lucasmummy and mrs teo: *waves*!

about play group session: sighs.. wish i cld make it..

about dinner makan session.. yeah yeah.. let's have 1 after 19Mar..

about aunt flo: i got mine during my 4 or 6th mth.. though i was still pumping ~4-5hr interval (excl nite times)... am now still bfing..

about il and parents..

sianz.. my parents also have a lot of non-value added comments..i.e pretend to threaten to beat bb when she's calling "baba" instead of "porpor" first...insisting bb is hungry or needs a bath (smelly), even when i just fed her, or dun wanna bathe her at 10+pm..

so so, parents are no different from in-laws.. some old people just have old mindsets..

i try very very hard to remind myself never ever to be so boh-liao, when i have grandchildren...

gladseow:

yeah.. i like one mummy's comment.. u support him mentally, he support you and Geris financially (when u move there wif him)

after getting chided by a friend for letting off hubby too easy

i think huh, cut our men some slack and they'll get used to not needing to do anything (no need to be ard, just leave it to mum or grandparents etc) for the babe's mental n physical development for their part..

just my personal opinion la..

Wanderleibe,

Get the beef for stew, its very tender and soft. suitable for bbs to eat, you can cut it till very fine and mixed in together with the porridge - i tried once and its like the beef is not there. ha!

bbf,

my aunt flo also not here yet. I'm still bf-ing exclusively - latch on instead of pumping. During my #1 time, my aunt flo didnt came until my girl was about 2.5 yrs old.

il/parents:

i've learnt to be be deaf! hahaha they will surely comment, and i'll just pretend i never hear it. Every time say i must feed water, must wear socks, must wear pants (already wearing romper on a hot day), material of clothings too thick, pants type not gd, must drink formula milk instead of bf-ing (no offence to those who gave formula but i prefer to bf my kids... my #1 is coming 5 and still bf-ing her) - aiyo i hear until sian till i have to pretend i never hear it. Never take it to heart - my hb always say they meant well, its the thought that counts that they care a lot for our bbs. just bo chap their comments lah. if they ever mention anything like "mama dont want you" - i'll definitely have a word with them!

Sue,

you should tell the little girl nicely and ask her to let bb Cally burst it. Perhaps the girl's mother think that since you didnt say anything, she wont do anything. But I guess the little girl thinks bb cally dunno what is happening and is trying to help her burst the bubble! Some kids are like that. My girl also will do that and she will say she is helping didi. But usually i'll tell her that she must let didi do it otherwise he will never learn. Then i'll guide didi's hand to burst the bubble and then my girl will grab Cole's hand and go burst the bubbles.

Hello my fellow mummies!

Didn't check this thread for 2 days and the discussion moved from playdates/ playgym, to HFMD, to feeding, to MILs, to dilemma of hubby working overseas.... This thread moves so fast! But it is a good sign...it means mummies are still having some "me" time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re feeding & MIL

I think mothers come from the same mould la. Luckyone, you staying with in-laws? My in-laws staying with us and I'm grateful that they are around to help with care of baby and supervise the maid. But I also remember my MIL making comments such as "is bb hungry?, is yr milk not enough? give bottles la etc etc" whenever bb made noise... really buay tahan when I was already stressed being a first-time mum, worrying whether I was feeding baby enough.

But everything involves give and take la. I know she is just really concern about the welfare of bb. For example, she still cook fish/ papaya for me weekly to ensure my milk supply.

I think the practice of child rearing has changed overtime. For example, last time it was common practice for newborn to drink water/ honey water. At one stage, FM was thought to be superior to BM etc ect. So it takes some explaining to do when we tried to get buy-in from in-laws to follow our practice. Luckily, they were willing to follow our instructions (of course the 16 weeks maternity leave allowed me to ensure I had it MY WAY la). Still, my in-laws sometimes discouraged me to give bb certain food eg. many fruits were considered too “liang” by them, say will cause “phlegm”… I just follow lo, it is not like I die die must give my bb those “forbidden fruits.” They also worried when I wanted to gv bb ege yolk coz my niece had rash from it before. So, I just compromised abit by introducing it only after CNY. That way, I respect them, they also respect me lor. Bottom line is that they have no ill-intention, everyone just want the best for bb la.

Btw, just 2 days ago, my MIL asked my hb not to eat mandarin coz he just recovered from his cough (which my MIL “diagnosed” as “cold” cough, so treated my hb by giving heaty food). I said actually as long as eat in moderation, everything is ok la. So, my hb had just one mandarin. Within 1 hr, he was coughing again. Sigh. So, that’s why sometimes I also dun wan to go against their "seemingly senseless” practices, unless I know it is actually harmful for the bb. Let the elderly have their says when possible, they feel happier and respected mah. :p

Gladseow

As most mummies said, I will follow too if financial permits. My neighbor actually rented his hse, car... Of whatever he can rent out during his outstation. Bill wise, he has made all transaction thru Internet banking. We are in the IT world now, so it is easier to arrange. However, if both need to work in order to support the family, I will still let my ah lao go. Of coz, depending on opportunity and chance. Afterall, missed once and u will nt knw when u gg to get it again. Then again, u gotta see whether u are comfortable w him nt ard. At times, it is gd to hear what ur ah lao thinks. FYI, when comes to such dilemma issue, we will go ask Kuan Yin Jie Jie :p

2 cents worth of tots

gladseow, it is a dilemma indeed. I think it depends on where your hubby will be posted to and for how long. If it is good for your hubby’s career & $$, I think he will be happy if you can support his decision. Try not to stay apart for too long. Go together if possible (Are you working or SAHM?). It will be a great bonding time for the 3 of you! People tend to bond more strongly when they are away. I bet you guys will be talking about your time together (both the fun and difficull times!) for many years to come. Don’t let things like car/ house/ bills hold you back… you can certainly make some arrangement. The downside will be the lack of support from extended families. Harder if you are also working.

Disclaimer: I may be biased in my opinion though, coz I’m the “itchy backside” type who like to move houses or the experience of staying in different countries. :p

Hi Mummies,

Came back from Gymboree. It was indeed a workout for myself. Was hungry and tired after that. The session was ok. The other bb girl is also 9 mth plus, we attended the 10-16 mtgs. She could wave and say goodbye! And so responsive throughout the whole session. So adorable! Like Sue, it's the bonding with that I enjoyed very much!

Gladseow: how long is your Hubby gg away? Could understand how u feel. A new environment to settle in, and away from your friends and love ones. The amazing thing about a woman, a wife or a mummy is the sacrifices for our love ones. How's your tot up to now? Sorry am not helping very much, cos I would be caught in a dilemma too! :p but will send u our blessings on whichever decision u make, for sure. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Regarding comments and ils. Actually I do agree with pringles. And I do not mind feeding them anything on our dining table, I only do not accept any kind of seasoning like salt sugar.... But they deemed that we are over protecting them and being paranoid. Faints..... It's hard to communicate. So everytime, if we are having dinner together, I will ask for or prepare a glass of hot water. To dip the food into it before feeding him, before they make comment, before they ask me to do it, before they feed him off the plate.

re MIL

Everything is abt give and take. Yes, they are showing their grandparents love and would want best for the kid. Different era does things differently. I always try to make my mum to understand the difference now compared to then, by telling her what's happening currently and not during her time. Like SARS, HFMD, etc... At least she understands a bit now. We used to quarrel over bb stuff. Maybe for me, it takes longer time since I do not spend with my in-laws.

hi mummies, how do you bathe your babes now? my girl now hates to have her hair washed...been carrying her on my lap, bend her over then wash but now cannot. tried seating her in bath tub then scoop water to wash while shielding her eyes but she hates it too.

any suggestions? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]thanks!

tinospora... I used towel [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Soak the towel placed it on top of her forehead and comb back, meanwhile squeeze water out fr the towel. Or u could placed the towel directly on top of the head and squeeze water out, with head tilt slightly to the back to prevent water flows down her face. This is like using a sponge.

morning mummies, nursing my latte today... cannot take it must have coffee. this week is madness and baby wakes up like every 2-3 hours, even when i took him to bed with me last night. Haiz. TGIF.

ylc, thanks for advice. i went to CS yesterday, nothing nice. my PD said i should avoid dairy cos my bb is sick (cold+phlegm), hmm... anyone knows if still OK to take cheese/yogurt? I know it's still dairy but i heard cheese/yogurt doesn't have the cow's protein that is potential allergern.

Most mummies are so understanding about in-laws. i wish i can be like NHK/pringles and be patient. Dunno if it's cos my MIL is super pushy. She only wants things done her way and even though her intention is good. It pisses me off big time. I think i am on short fuse and slightest thing will set me off (Eg. i ask hb to buy bee hoon breakfast for me then he goes market and meet MIL and come back tog. MIL will insist i eat the fish noodles she buys. i know it's small thing but i'm just so annoyed she likes to even control what i eat. Plus she is not nutrition expert, she eats fried chicken wing almost daily and prefers tapow cos more convenient). Anyhow, i think i am also not far from being DIL-from-hell. Hahah.

Wanderleibe: i will prob join u in DIL-From-Hell-Club. =P

Tinospora: i use showerhead nowadays... For her 2nd bath. 1st bath in the morning use the tub, so she can have some splashing good time. Started with rubber duckies in the bath tub. Put the ducks on her head, then flush the ducks down when i pour water over her head, laugh with her, and keep repeating.

The 2nd bath time in the evening, i bath her like how adults do it. I sit her on the floor, and shower her down, head to toe. She looks shocked but she totally likes it. hehe... But of course, that took time lar. Chloe also doesn't like it when we wash her face or her hair. But somehow, she doesn't complain when i shower her this way.

Basically, i try to change the way i do certain things, so that she can't predict what is going to happen. And by the time she complains, it's done already. and i try to make bath time fun time for her lar.

Wanderliebe, chloemum that makes the 3 of us! My Mil nice but also very pushy.. but i guess it's come to the point she realised she can't be insistant with me cos i just don't listen. She can nag and say non stop when i say no i smile and refuse to give in... something like her 200th time asking me to eat something which i will just absolutely refuse..

bathing baby... i used to hold her in my arms lying down position and shampoo then use a small towel wet it and squeeze out the water to wash off the shampoo and prevent it going into her eyes.. recently no more maid mah.. so i lazy to wash the baby bathtub i just put her in the shower sitting down let the shower rain down.. guess i am lucky.. she absolutely loved it... she saw the water collect on the floor she started splashing all over never mind that shampoo running down her face floor slippery she slide here slide there also not scared fall...it was quite a workout for me in the shower haha

ChloeMum, Lilstarz, hah thanks for being so comforting. But i think sometimes i very evil cos i really dunno how to be nice to her... Imgaine 5days/week in office gritting teeth and being fake, how to do this after work? Yah ask me eat stuff i also --> smile and reject * 200times.

Wow your babies are very adventurous! My hb bathes baby in tub with duckie. Bb likes to kick & splash and drown duckie. How to sit her on floor? On bathroom floor? Not dirty? Or your bb can stand already? Bathtime is fun for us too as we enjoy it in different ways -- haha my hb gets to be wet while i enjoy a few minutes of "me time"

Wanderleibe, sit bb on floor. Chloe can't stand. Bathroom floor can wash and clean mah. otherwise sit her in tub den shower her. I tried standing her in pail to shower her too. Works equally well. All these methods "invented" by my mother. Cos my mother's house and other closer relatives' house no bath tub mah. But cos we stay there for long hours on weekends, need to find a way to bath the smelly bb lor. Else by the time go home, too late liao.

I think i have more probs with my FIL than MIL. MIL already more or less know my pattern during confinement. But my FIL is big no no. During CNY visits, I put chloe on the floor next to me, to crawl ard, the moment my FIL saw that... he came running over, "aiyo, later people step on her" and carried her away. after about 5+mins. he pass Chloe back to me, "my hand pain, you carry." And so, i put her on floor again! wahahaha... and the cycle repeats.

hi mummies, saw that a few mummies tried fattening meals and their babies and it's work. My baby lose a lot of weight due to stomach flu. Any receipes or tips?

Luckyone, can send me the beef receipe?

Is beef a good source of protein for fattening up?

Regarding bathing babies on the floor, i did that also. Got one occassion need to bath him at a friend's place, no bathtub, so just sit him down on the floor and bath him. Should be fine, just wash his backside before wrapping him up in towel. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cholemum, my FIL passed on. My dad is OK, very old fashioned but he will obey instructions (may sometimes grumble). I think my parents may disagree but still obide, with MIL, she just likes to do things her way. Haha... during confinement, she brought old veg from her home and ask confinement lady to cook for me. CL very stressed, ask me if she should cook cos all the veg either yellowed or wilting. So i just told her to throw out. From then on, i will reject MIL's food by telling her we don't cook but when she comes & check my fridge then i just act blur loh.

LUckyone, can you send me recipe also? I just check my email no have leh.. thanks thanks.

impulse41, long time no see... i macam forefeed. haha. Ylc also shared beef stew recipe, sounds yummy. i'm going to try when i can find good beef. Happy cooking!

Now i gotta go clean my toilet floor so i can experiment with showering baby. haha.

wanderleibe, haha, busy with my little one cas he sick for whole week. forcefeed, i can imagine my little one 'pui' all the food out and gag, he will never take anything he doesn't like. Will cry and scream, and close his mouth tight tight. I have to discover way to make him eat....i saw YLC receipe, will try it. since she has so much sucess with it.

Will try next week since baby just recover from a bad case of stomach flu.

After reading about mummies showering with shower head, i feel like trying it out also. Dunno whether he will like it.

While mummies here are busy exchanging ideas on how to "beef up" our precious babies, I read this sad news about a 1 year old girl died of starvation possibly due to parental neglect and addiction to internet. The girl was less than 5 kg when she died.

http://tw.news.yahoo.com/article/url/d/a/110225/2/2n1cn.html

Before I became a mother, this sort of news re child suffering was just another piece of sad news. But now I really feel the heartache, thinking of how horrible it must have been for the poor babies. :_(

Yeah, after reading about mummies here showering their babies, think I'll try it out too. My bb loves splashing water in her bathtub. So, I think I'll let her sit in her bath tub while I shower her down. Am looking forward to her nxt "pong pong" time.

Edie & Michelle: was hoping to bring my bb to Gymboree this weekends, but now look to be an unrealistic goal. Too many family/ social obligations this weekends. Will have to wait another week. Btw, Edie, I thought Gymboree free play cost is $12 (according to their website) and not $20?

i also shower Ash, as its alot easier than to wrestle with her to wash her hair and then place her in tub.

she hates it i think.. but its easier for me this way. sometimes when i have more time, i will use tub and let her play in it.

Pringles_jem: if not wrong $12 is for members. I am told its $20 too.

I might be able to bring Ash down to Gymboree [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] she's getting better today

Impulse41 & Wanderleibe,

Do try the beef stew recipe! remember must get the correct cut of meat otherwise it might be too tough for the bbs. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Cole loves the beef stew/soup i cooked. I'm not sure how much our bb should be eating but Cole can finish up to 1.5 ladle spoon full of food each meal. After his meal, he will take his milk and Zzzzz. If its chicken/salmon, he takes lesser probably 1 1/4 ladle spoon? My hb is amazed at the amount of food he eats. he keeps telling me its too much and when Cole finishes it all in 10 mins, he is left speechless!

Shower:

I put Cole in bath tub and shower him using the shower head. hahaha so far no complains from him. If your bb is afraid of water going down his/her head, you can check out these products?

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5152531.jpg]

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5152532.jpg]

mrsteo,

i remember bp used to sell them but i'm hardly on bps so i'm not too sure if they still sell them there. can go and check the bp section [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Kiddy palace might sell something similar too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies, sorry to sidetrack. received this newsletter from mcare. just wanna share.

3 - 13 March 11‏. up to 80% at Mothercare Baby Fair @ HarbourFront Centre.

shower - i used the ikea highchair. let him sit there and use the shower hose. water everywhere. he doesnt mind. eyes wide open too.

happy friday!!

YLC, will try your receipe, sounds yummy even to me, cross my fingers, hopefully my son like it and eat like Cole and gain like Cole. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pringles_jem, read the news about the parents who strave their baby to death, only 5kg at 1 year old. On my god, that is like a 4 months old baby weight, the parents are really cruel.

luckyone, your receipe is those u posted, okie, will take note. but seems like for older babies, our baby can take or cook longer?

hihis again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ylc!

great idea! if i encounter it next time (if i do sign up wif the gymboree playgroup) i will ask the bb nicely to let mine burst the bubble...

though i forsee my hubby scolding me for being too miao and mind other pple's baby.. but i must do my part rite ... :p

lucasmummy:

i guess you ladies are enjoying the fun fun play date now.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i'm stuck at work.. away from my bb .. sighs..

but nevermind.. just a few more hrs to go before the weekend comes!

so so will u sign up wif the play-n learn sessions?

my friend, another mummy juz told me that we need to check on the class attendance first..

cos weekend classes are pretty full and there were 12babies in one of the classes and NO time to go through the activities...

something to watch out for sia...

pringles:

edie is right..$12 free play session is for members.. for non-members, it costs ~$20 per free play session...

to be a member, we need to pay $50 (incl of a free trial lession which costs $42 anyways, a gymboree t-shirt and 1 yr membership, which if we wanna sign up for lessons, also need to be a member anyway)

in my opinion, no harm being a member, and try out the trial session..it's fun and teaches us how to use the play gym the more "fun" way for our babes

Thanks ladies! I'll try the sit on floor and use showerhead method later![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ylc, impulse, i went to meat shop Mmmmm and got fresh chilled tenderloin. the butcher says it's most tendercut for baby. he said just pan fry or grill and it will cook quickly so must not overcook or it will be hard. will try this weekend.

Luckyone, thanks sorry i'm so blur.

playdates: laziest mummy here doesn't intend to go any gym or playdate. haha!

mummies... sigh i am so careless. after expressing ebm, i left in medela bag and on office table for ~4hrs. SIGH! it feels cool and smells OK. can i risk it??? almost 300ml!!! :'(

Hey LucasMummy ,

Thanks a lot for hosting the playdate at your place today , we enjoyed it a lot . The pictures look great too , you so efficient , so fast upload to facebook already

After your place , I went to NEX with Nat and saw your aunts jewelry shop , the pieces look quite nice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I will be bringing Nat to Gymboree Tanglin this Sunday at 630pm if anyone wants to join in . Pls rem to bring socks for adults if not have to pay $2 for socks .

My village at serangoon gardens has a shop on 1st floor selling organic baby stuff [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hello! I miss out A LOT! super bz at work n at hm. N too lazy to read through the threads. Ok now things r most or less settled. Work n new hse. Phew.

How's everyone doing? I miss out a lot of playdates? Can I still join in for mrs teo's one? 19 mar rite?

Birthday bash also. Count me in! :p Oh dear... Feels new again here.

Chloemum, okie thanks thanks ... so happy don't have to throw away [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mrs Teo, what type of organic food do you buy for baby? recently i tried yogurt melts ($7.90) Quite nice. 50% eaten by me cos baby play & throw on floor.

Chillimum, *hihi*, welcome back... me too swamped... this week's event is ear infection. come by forum more often!

Beef: Pan fry tederlion *Fwah* very nice leh! I steal alot while chopping/snipping them up.... Hahahaha. Ylc, how much to give baby? My mum says not good to give beef but I think they are from the "carb" era where porridge is 80% of the meal. Butcher says stew cuts are tougher so not suitable but i'm very keen to try yr recipe leh. I shall go again to get that next time. I also suspect he sell me tenderloin cos more expensive loh. Mmmmm but i just pan fry with bit of olive oil and my kitchen smells lovely. *drool*

Wanderleibe I've used stew cuts and even non stewing beef cuts for beef stew and they always turn out nice and tender for the kids. This is what I do for stew: Pan fry the beef with onions, crushed garlic and coarse black pepper until beef is brown. Then add the stock and vegetables. Take off from heat and transfer to a casserole dish, cover it and put in the oven at 150C for 2 to 3 hours. Alternatively you can just leave it in the covered pot stewing on the stove. I find this method a bit lecheh 'cos you have to stir it once in a while (which I tend to forget) or else you will end up with some burnt bits at the bottom. So for me the oven is more convenient since I don't have a crockpot. You can also stew lamb this way.

Talking about beefing up have you tried making Shepherd's Pie? It's usually a fav with kids. I experimented making some beef briyani the other day and baby J loved it! Guess he's into spicy stuff too like his bro.

About the EBM my MW said it was ok to leave it for about 6 hours at room temp. There were times when I forgot and left it longer than that and it was still ok. EBM is too precious to throw away.

bbf Aunty Flo came 2 weeks ago when I least expected it. She couldn't pick a better time as I was down with a cold then. I'm still nursing several times a day though but during that 2 weeks he had a cold he didn't nurse very long and I read on kellymom that when aunty flo comes is also dependent on the duration of the nursing sessions! But I guess overall it varies for everyone as we are all different. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ylc baby J is beginning to eat a lot too! He loves stew too. During special occasions like Christmas and Easter I make it as a pie and put pastry over it.

Yogurt melts I tried to buy once but did not let baby eat because it was too sweet.

I've so far tried organix rice cake, bellamy husk, happy belly I thin cereal, Bellamy cereal - nothing fancy just the usual stuff the mummies here tried.

Chilimum, impulse41, I had initially capped the playdate to max 8 mummies + babies because I am not sure if my room can hold so many pple. But today m y helper cleared the cot and my mess, so I guess shd be quite okie.

So it's 10 mummies + 10 babies on 19th march sat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif])

Today back to basic.. Use slow cooker to cook plain porridge+fish. To our surprise, my lil one is willing to eat.. Guess she dun like too much taste in her food.

Now I'm a suspect of hfmd.. Damn it.. Going back to gp Tmr to confirm.. Full of ulcers in my mouth.. Think this is going to be a good time for me to shred off some unwanted fats.

Sad to say, I've officially ended my bfing today.. Having been riding a roller coast of fever for past two days.. No energy to express at all..

Hi Mrs N, you girls have delicious sounding beef stew. The beef stews i made once or twice previously taste "chinese", I add some oregano and black pepper -- any idea why? I think i will use ylc method to bake/roast before adding to crockpot. Haha... i'm averse to fryign things esp after baby as i want to avoid kitchen clean up! My fav dish is korean bean paste soup, add some sukiyaki beef and veg and dinner is served. I tried shephard many years ago! but potato was hard & dry. How to overcome that?? I tried lasagne recently and it was good but alot of cheese (which i need to avoid now) and therefore fattening. Ironically I have cheese craze.

Jo! sorry to hear that. Oh dear you must take care of yourself. Yeah I heard of cases where mums/dads get hfmd too. It's really hard to stay away from baby so hard to avoid either. Hope it will just turn out to be a hfmd scare for you. Take care!!

On the bright side, baby is eating again so that's good news. Maybe babies like to go back to familiar tastes when they are not well. Mine rejected hospital food but started eating when we were back home. Good luck with feeding!

Oh yeah, Jo & Mrs N, when i was very sick in Dec/Jan timing. Friend came back to visit and my BM supply decreased. Double whammy and super sian. Mrs N, I also read Kellymom and i was in exact situation cos i was too sick to wake up to pump regularly. But after that I started to pump again and took fenugreek. Within a week, i had sufficient supply -- Jo, don't lose heart! As long as the milk supply does not stop completely, partial bf is defniitely possible, or you can even go back to tbf with enough time & effort...

Brought baby to gymboree today, she wasn't really exploring, not sure why but my mil says she's probably not familiar with the place/environment. But they (bb and mil) did enjoyed themselves.

I've signed up for the membership since it's one yr validity plus there is a free trial lesson.

Wanderleibe in addition to the black pepper I usually add a little nutmeg and a cinnamon stick. Not so sure if that makes the taste more ang moh but it gives quite a nice aroma. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I usually buy beef all cut up so have to fry to brown it as roasting will dry it out. But if you've bought a big piece than it makes sense to roast it.

For shepherd's pie I usually add butter and a milk to the potato until texture is kind of smooth and creamy. After baking usually the outside 'skin' is hard, inside still soft.

Hee! Hee! Can use low fat cheese. I'd do that if I don't have to cater for the under 2's! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yeah BM supply drop when Aunty Flo was visiting. But still managed to feed. Maybe a blessing that baby J was having a cold then and didn't really drink a lot! Supply is back to normal now. I think I shall express a couple of times a week so can have an emergency stock when Aunty comes again. My frozen stash is almost finished as my #1 has been drinking it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back