(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Sheryl , no need to do anything if you already indicated your available dates , am asking those who have not voted to do so by this Sunday . Thanks !

wanderleibe normally I use single cream but the other day I tried using oat cream (some new product I came across) when making fish pie and it was really nice. Don't know if you can get the oat cream in Sg but I know you can get the Oat milk (Oatley brand) saw it at Cold Storage in Great World City during my last visit. My white sauce is the basic one just butter/cornflour/milk and usually mix in some black pepper and dried herbs. Goes very well with fish especially if you blend in some fresh parsley. I usually give my kids mild cheddar as they are less salty than mature cheddar but they've had soft cheese too like those philadelphia or the cheese triangles!.

Just tell your parents and in-laws that it is good to give them variety. Next time when take baby out they will want to eat anything and everything. Hee! Hee! Like my baby J who is turning out to be quite a greedy pig! He's always happy when he sees food. The other day he actually cried at playgroup when the other kids finished up the food and didn't leave any more for him!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/lol.gif]

Hee! Hee! For bolding of words. Go to the bottom of this page and click on the 'Help' link. It will take you to another page click 'Formatting' and you will get the commands for bolding, changing colour, making fonts bigger etc etc [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

chloemum mainly mild cheddar and cream cheese spread. I try to go for those with the lowest salt content so have to spend some time reading the ingredients. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cream based sauses is just like making normal white or cheese sauces except instead of adding milk you add cream instead.

Mrs Teo: Wah.... like planning for another wedding... Still must suit vegetarian and no beef meal...

Chloemum: Your hubby is so looking forward to her bday party. He prob becomes the biggest child.

Michelle: I think your condo's function hall is spacious enough. Are u booking another venue?

I cannot find a good venue for the number of pple. Do not want to spend so much for the few hours event just on a venue. Most likely, I am doing it at home. My budget is on favors, cake, balloons and catering. Will just snap away with the camera by ourself...

LucasMummy, my house and my condo function hall both big enough, but I did the 1st month party at my house and my condo function hall very plain and I lazy to go and decorate.

I'll prob look for a nice cafe / bistro and book it for a few hours , so that takes care of food and nice ambience.

hmm talking abt bristro / cafe

michelle, there is a nice and cosy one at holland village : essential brew (my cousin did her 21st there)

food was quite good then, not sure abt now.

lucusmummy - ya man. .sounds like planning for wedding. hahahh

A R

have u started on the balloon spree?

if not going to, then i will just get like 3 to 5 and tie to pram.. to "set" the birthday ambience. heheh.. i am feeling so lazy

Hello Mummies!!

Oh yeah, we have our 1st Birthday Bash. Fun fun! For now, any dates are fine with me. I am always in Sg.

Chloemum, Sunday to Fidgets sounds good. But it might be quite packed. Best if we can go to Gymboree cos bigger space but expensive. Haven't brought Thea out in a long long time, and I need her to interact with oer babies. How about playdates at someone's place this sunday? Any mummies????

BLW: I am at plateau for BLW. Thea is not feeding herself well. She's actually stop eating and prefers to drink milk. But she loves bread, any kind of bread she will gobbles up. She will reject all the nice food we cook, but when we give her plain bread, she will show excitement and twinkle in her eyes and grabbed the piece of bread from us. And she loves to drink water. She will sings and smiles while drinking water. I think her favorite food now is plain bread and water!!! My helper is so exasperated cos all the food she cooked is being rejectedt. So poor thing. Haha!

Hey Mrs Teo,

Yes yes, started already. Started it as a FB event. I cant seem to start a spree thread in SMH.

If you are interested, can choose from the following websites--

partycity.com

http://www.1stwishes.com/

birthdaydirect.com

So far, me, Pinnky and Alina cfm ordering

Edie-- Raihan also loves bread. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lin, nop I don't think so leh.

I intro solid since my boy 5m old and now what ever I give him, he will eat.

But I heard from my friends, some baby turn older, they will start to choose. If some foods they don like, they will reject loh.

Yo mummies,

If you are looking for a photographer for your bb's 1st bday party, I have a recommendation. My frn's cousin is a wedding photographer and she has quoted me a reasonable price. Most photographers which i have approached quoted me at least $160/2hrs or $100/hr which i think its way over my budget.

Base on my frns' experiences, usually we will need at least a 3-4hrs coz incase bb is sleeping, cranky or eating.

I've checked with my frn's cousin and these are the packages she is offering to us

Package 1

$188

4-5hrs

All edited high resolutions pics returned in CD

w/o album

Package 2

$238

4-5hrs

All edited high resolutions pics returned in CD

Album with 80prints

Not advertising for her and not earning anything from the recommendation. Just wanna share with the mummies here coz i feel her packages are really reasonable.

Those who are keen, can pm me for her contact and email address. Pls note that 8 May is taken up by me =X

Seems like everyone is bz planning for their bb's bday party! Tedious but fun!

So far, i have settled on venue, deco, cake, photographer, helium svc for my balloons, catering(haven book) and rei's outfit. Left with Banner haven order yet.

I'm looking forward for her 1st bday bash but at the same time worry for any unforseen hiccups. ><

Hi Mummies,

Wishing everyone a Happy Lunar New Year!

It has been a busy 2 weeks for us... started before new yr, both kids were coughing and had flu. Then me & hb had stomach flu. We were so sick but still had to look after both kids. Then Cole's cough got worse despite nebulizing him. he was wheezing and couldnt sleep at night. Dr's clinic wasnt open until monday. Gosh... really terrible week. After that I had a bout of diarrhoea. Then now my girl is having diarrhoea. Cole lost 380g & my girl 700g & me 2kg!

Birthday bash:

Thanks for organizing it... i have started preferred date [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Solids:

I have no problem feeding Cole. he can finish his meal within 10mins. But last time my girl will take at least 1-2hrs to finish her meal and still do. so really had to give her variety & cook only what she likes. Have to try all kinds of food and see which one she likes best. that was a big headache. Once she thinks she had enough of porridge, she will go on to rice with soup. Then just add some veg for her. She dislike meat so at that time i had to plan carefully her diet. She loves noodles & rice only. Cole is way much better, he takes his beef, chicken & salmon. I tried giving him threadfin but he absolutely hates it. refused to eat it so i told my hb, he has got expensive taste! hahaha probably will try giving him cod fish and see what is his reaction.

pasta sauce,

you can try boiling carrots, onions & potato with chix stock till soft, then add in cheese and blend together, makes a great pasta sauce. You can also add in chix meat if you think you want meat in your bb's diet. Thats what i do for cole when i cook his favourite pasta. for pasta, can either use ABC pasta or organic pasta for bbs. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bb birthday party:

i have yet to organize anything. sigh... too busy looking after the kids cus all sick. hmm will do so next week. Prob rent some toys - slides, bouncy castles etc and get a ballonist & cake. there you go... i've done my planning.

Cake - you all may wanna try Room for desserts! The cake is really fabulous! I ordered from them for my girl's 3rd birthday and they did the unicorn exactly what i wanted.

i also had friends recommending me strictly pastry. They all said its very good!

Smiling orchid - fanciful designs available & price is very affordable. Taste wise - cake is very light & not too sweet. nothing to rave about the taste. Gd service. I had my girl's disney princesses cake done there.

ecreative cakes - heard the colourings on the cake will stain the mouth? I went there to try before... nothing to rave about. its very ordinary.

AR,

I also want to order!!! i need to find some time to sit down and shop hahaha when will you be ordering??

belinda,

pm you... m keen... really need a photography for the event cus when it comes to that day... really hard to take any pictures.

ylc-- the closing date is 28 Feb so that we can rcv the items by march end (worst case date)

belinda-- u making me so nervous.. i havent done any prep..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

AR - haha..let me tell u..I'm a kiasu mummy!!! I booked the chalet in chervon 3mths ago! Getting the venue is the most difficult part so I wanna secure it 1st. The rest of the things I have been slowly surfing ard n checking for quotes. u all r not late, just dat I kiasu

Belinda!!! That's a lot done! Omg.

Thanks for the info on the helium [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I've got a quote $140 for 2hr. Full images in DVD returned.

Hi Belinda, can u help me check with ur photographer if she can do a 2.5hr service, with print out and full images edited returned in softcopy

Yipee! We have made a decision on venue. Tmr I will call and reserve *fingers crossed*

Hi mummies!

Its been a while since I'm here and its seems so full of energy here!

I'm back on after quitting my work and now a SAHM! yeh!

On 1st birthday bash, I'm on! missed out on the xmas bash and must go for this one!

I've signed on the excel sheet already, thanks chloemum & michelle the chairmummy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

AR, is that the same event on FB you mentioned? sorry I'v not been able to read back all previous threads so asking you this..i will add you in FB can?

oh, i can help out with receptionist work. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

on Shin's 1st birthday bash, still have not done anything...arghh...venue is a headache i think...

and guest?? gosh..think have to have afternoon and evening sessions at chalets..

Hi mummies / Michelle...

I can help in getting the banner for deco if u can accept paper form instead of canvas. And need to get it done by this mth end if possible. Do not knw anyone have any design in mind or I create my own??? Is 1 to 2m long enough?

Sianz today.. fell sick and received a call from my gynae's office that my test results show that there's a virus in my cervix. Dr recommends laser part of it off.

Has anyone heard of "virus in cervix" diagnosis before?

Sheryl, are you pregnant again?

No, but my SIL when she preganat with her no. 1, there's "stones" in her stomach, can't do the laser so she only take chinese medication, then heard the stones came out from urine.

Luckyone, no not pregz.

My papsmear result done after giving birth was abnormal. so went back after 6mths for a biopsy and results just came out today that there was a virus present in the cervix.

I read online that oral drugs can help, i think to play safe, my gynae advices lasering the infected area off.

Just feel abit down as it seems that not too long ago went for breast mamatone while i was pregnant, then give birth then now another day surgery. all using GA...really hope thhis ends soon;p

Thanks Luckyone, ya trying to forget about it for now..baby's hugs helps alot[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hihi... it's hot today.

ylc, long time no see. haha cos i mia. hope you are all better now. i won't mind losing 2kg but for the kids, so heart pain right? My baby lost ~600g too. it must be nightmare to have whole family sick. but bugs are contagious, what to do.

shinmama... congrats! so happy for you get to be full time mum. makes me even more guilty... haha if you are SAHM, i think you will make the 1st birthday extra special!

Sheryl, sorry to hear that... did you take the Cevarix/Gardasil jab? but i think it's just infection so laser should be OK. just follow up with gynae regularly. Hope can get someone to help you out while you recover. I'm sure Sam will give mummy extra hugs. Be strong yeah.

Mummies, i heard that banannas cause phlegm? What foods to avoid if baby has bronchitis? can someone advise? I did not know there were any forbidden foods so I continued to give baby what he likes (sweet potato, avocados, porridge, fish, veg, papaya, apples, bananas, strawberries etc...) Eeeks i just heard it's bad to give fruit cos cooling and must avoid cos of phlegm.

Sheryl,

will you go for a second opinion? Cus my mum ever had a scare from her gynae saying her papsmear test had something wrong and needed surgery. I told her to go for 2nd opinion and she went to my gynae. Turns out papsmear results was all OK. so she didnt have to do anything. Take care ya.

Wanderleibe,

hahaha i dun mind losing that weight but not for my kids. My girl is like pretty underweight for her age so i really want to fatten her up. As for Cole, his weight has always been gd but he lost so much that when i took his pictures, he seems so skinny! I'm fattening him up now and now his appetite is back so i'm giving him more beef.

my girl has got bronchitis before and dr mention that she will have to avoid sweet stuff, chocolates, milk & citrus fruits. I guess, for now, you should lay off fruits? When cole was coughing really badly with phlegm, i didnt give him any fruits. Also dr gave this meds to dissolve the phlegm. now he is much better, no more phlegm. Did dr put your child on nebulizer? it helps alot too.

Thanks for your support mommies!

Wanderleibe Naw, din go for the jab. Is it a preventive jab for cervical cancer?

ylc I did think about getting a second opinion.My hubby asked me what kind of virus isit and why is surgery a must.anyways, just put a very cranky baby to nap and i'll give the clinic a call.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

NHK , great that you can help do banner . But don't get started first hor , cos we still need to set the date and then get a venue before we can confirm that the event is on , dont want to waste your efforts just in case

Ok so for recep we have Alina , Pringles and Shinmama so far

Sheryl take care [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ylc, me too me too! On fattening program now... How to give beef? I give alot of fish, starting salmon now. haha... Do you buy mince or DIY? I have only hand blender, can i blend the beef after I cook it? Just steam? Good luck for fattening Cole, keep us posted. I am also interested! I think Neb didn't help us... i can't hear phlegm now but I think this bad mummy was poisoning her son with fruit. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Sherry, yep, it's prevention for cervical cancer. I heard it's recommended for girls <12 but I also started mine after I delivered. Still haven't finished my shots. Can check your gynae to see what he recommends or like ylc says, go for 2nd opinion.

Chey, like nothing much from Budget. i was hoping for more infant care subsidy. *Sob*

Hullo mummies.... im sick again with flu... and my bb still gota be on another wk of antibotics for ear infection... hopefully he can recover before we fly off next sat.... crossing my fingers...

Me got nothing plan out for 1st bd bash... hope to do a pte one with family onli..

Michelle, I will just do it. My ex-co can help in printing it for free. The banner will be restricted by 24in height. Length not an issue. Everything will be printed on paper, no arts & craft like what Lucasmummy had provided in the link. Hope it is accepted. And if anyone has any design in mind, pls share. I can copy and print it out. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sheryl, sorry to hear that. If I'm not wrong, the virus u r referring to is HPV (human papillomavirus)or genital warts. HPV is a common infections in sexually active men and women, i think only certain strains are risk factors for cervical cancer and hence pap smear is done to detect HPV infections and any pre-cancerous changes. vaccines only work before infection occurs.

yes, laser surgery is one of the treatment, but need GA. i think other treatment are freezing of the warts and topical medication to the area. may be get the gynae to explain to u why he/ she choose one treatment over another and the pros & cons. Not harm getting more info before u decide. take care ya!

Edie, I'm interested in Fidgets or Gymboree as well. Have yet to bring my baby to any of these places... she is so sua-ku & deprived! :p

Does Fidgets have any equipments suitable for 9 mths old? Gymboree looks fun (from their website) but need to pay membership fees?

Re 1st Birthday celebration: still no ideas what I want to do. Husband left it all to me... grrr. hoping to do something enjoyable and memorable for baby but dunno what... time is ticking...

Babygi, you're welcome . All the babies crawling ard, so difficult to get one nice shot with all of them in it haha

Have posted the pictures on Facebook, got some nice shots of chubby Ethan as he's the only one paying attention to the camera [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. Let me know if Rochester Playhouse is any fun for babies

Pringles , Gymboree has free play where you can just go in to use their equipment. Non-members pay $20 and members pay $12. It costs $50 to join as member which comes with 1 free trial class. They have specific timings for free play, so you'll need to call and check.

Polliwogs is $8 for 2 hour use of equipment. There got ball pit , slopes and tunnels, but quite tiring for adults as their set-up is low height, so have to keep on bending down

So disappointed with the budget.. Not much childcare benefits for us.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Mommies, think my girl bullying us at home.. She's okie with solid in school but simply refused at home.. Now even her usual cereal breakfast also reject.. She's only willing to eat the baby biscuits.. With some sweetness one.. Was wondering if she has develop a sweettooth, and dunno is the food from school added with extra flavoring.. Sigh..

My girl seem to be getting out of control le.. She will throw her tantrum at us when we scold her.. Will scream at us and beat our hand when we beat her hand.. Oh no.. Baby getting more scary.. And when at our in law plc, when we scold her, she will cry, act victim and "sai na" with her grandparents.. Then will turn back to us and tried to be sweet to us again.. Headache..

Btw.. How to start "fattening" Diet for bb?? Scared she got fat later and remain that size.. Cos daddy mummy were neither the petite type..

Hi mummies!

Michelle: are we gg to have another playmate soon??? I'm free coming Thurs and Fri!! Wheee!! Indoor? Outdoor? Picnic?!?!

Jojo: I think you will have to just keep trying new food on her.

Yo how is the weekend???

maggimee, hope you will get better soon. my baby developed fever this morning. Gah MIL rush over to play with him, basically monopolize baby so nobody can touch except her. Refuse to put down or let baby play & explore, just stick to her body. UGH!!! so now i have no access. So annoying. She has comments about everything and didn't let baby play with a toy car i bought, saying it's plastic, too hard. While she bought this piggy bank plastic pu-tau-wong. GRRRR!!

Mrs N & Sherry, thanks for the html links! I tried pasta yesterday, not very successful. it tasted very good to me but baby only finished half the portion he will normally eat for porridge.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] So sad... Will revert back to porridge again today.

LucasMummy , I am free to meet this Fri for playdate . You organize and choose a place [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Juat to share , I went to Rochester Playhouse today , felt that there was not much for baby to play . Only nice thing to play was a slide with ball pit , got one swing , one see saw and a rocking horse , other than that the other toys were all quite old .

Hi mummies: its another week at work again...

Teething:

Im not sure if my boy is teething now. He had been pressing his fingers against the upper gum and crying the whole of yesterday morning. I knew he was in pain. Gave him panadol and seem to subside. Quite cranky too. Crying on and off. did not eat his lunch and dinner well. Both times vomit out whatever that went in. Poor boy. But still no signs of his tooth.

morning mummies...

michelle, i saw u yest but didn't go in the playhouse as i was with another couple and we spent quite some time at the bistro.... food is good but service is bad.... we did go in to take a look at the playhouse but the bbs didn't play much as they were quite tired in the end lol...

Updates on Fidgets

I was there ytd. Nothing much for the little terror to play with. Though she seem to had some fun at the climbing up the little structure. Could tell that she was very happy to be able to climb up. But that's about it. Then again, I'm not complaining since it's free. haha.

Michelle: Wanna consider doing the bday bash at Fidgets? They have a package. Comes with venue, activities, food, host. It will cost about $30 per kid.

Hellooo Morning!

Wow! My boy another 0.03 hit 10GK!!!

No wonder I felt so backache during the weekend, I'm like carring a big pkt of 10kg rice!!

Yesterday play "ma sa" with my boy, he finally can craw on knee!! alth 1 or 2 step only but is a good start! I think when he reach 10 mths, should be able to craw ard hehe..

WanderLeibe, Yesterday brough my boy to see PD, he having bad cough at nite and a lot of phlegm, PD said don't eat orange, I said banana can eat? She said as long no allergy on banana. So a little bit of banana should be ok bah.

Back