(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

morning mummies

juye,

hope your girl get well soon. baby will start to fall sick cos whatever 'fighting warriors' from muumy is slowly wearing out and they are starting to build their own immunity.

i won't suggest working part time cos work load for part time is almost equal to full time work load loh. talk to your hubby and work a best way for all of you. maybe stop working now till your girl goes to cc in 18 months. however, be prepared for her to fall sick all over again for the 1st 6 months when she entered cc.

my boy before going to cc was look after by babysitter, he hardly fall sick too. once started cc, he fall sick almost every 2 weeks

now my girl, she is also with babysitter but she fall sick more often compare to my boy's time. its cos now my boy will bring back virus from cc and it got pass to her. there is no way i stop my boy from going to cc or keep him away from mei mei. so just have to let her fall sick and slowly build up her immunity by fighting off these virus.

Ru ru I also bought Similac 1.8kg offer. Is it normal for our bb to poo 2-3 times a day. I heard once bb take solid food, it poo times probably once per day like adult. Now son is taking 2 solid food meals n total 690ml milk per day.

Morn mommies!

Juye - can anyone help to take care of gal gal wen ur mil goes temple, coz can be real smokey at times..

i also believe tat bbs fall sick so as to slowly strengthen their immunity but having said tat, if we noe wats the cause, then if possible try to avoid n see if situation improves?

MIL schedule...bo bian lor..grandparents r willing to do it for their grandkids one la..my dad used to go out jalan jalan everyday till nite come back but nw mimi has kept him homebound. except occasionally quick 4d/toto buying n he's back liao..so in a way, we're glad abt it..heheh..good thing is at least ur MIL stil gets to go sing, her fav pastime not compromised!

elders' schedule

juye,

if tis your own mum, i would suggest having a good talk w her abt the timings and stuff. but since mil.....

my mum and dad are not in the best of health and my ILs wouldnt want to stay in SG long term. so we are stopping at 2.

a few days ago, one elderly man wrote to the Forum page, said his daughter asked b4 marriage if they are willing to support her in childcare. if willing to support, then she will have 4, if not, then she would have 2. the writer discussed w his wife and in his own words, they now have 4 bundles of blessings in their homes. yes he acknowledged that tis a personal choice every elderly person has to make for him/herself.

we cannot force the old folks to help. it has to come from their heart. so see if got heart anot. sometimes maybe got heart, but other things like their own health prevent them from being bb's caregivers.

i myself ws brought up by my grandparents... of course in that era, they made sure i was fed, bathed and din fall down too much... no enrichment classes or flashcards la. so i think if grandparents are willing (and able) to help, that is very ideal for the working couple.

in short, i dun share your way of thinking that tis my children, i have to do EVERYthing for them. it really does take a village to raise a child. i m their first caregiver, but i need help too.

i get maddest when those who dun do, talk a lot and talk the most nonsense. to me, pple can only comment on my children or househld mgt after they have offered help, not b4.

(offloading my angst)

celynlee,

what time do you send your kid to babysitter? and what time fetch? I am thinking of babysitter too, but dont their timing. never try before

janet,

bbsitter timing depends on the bbsitter. most mimic the childcare centres' timing so anything from 7-9am dropoff to 5-7pm pickup. timing can be negotiated though....

however good bbsitters are notoriously difficult to find. i din want to trust my children to just anybody... so word of mouth is best... v slow though. in the end, i hired a maid 2 months into C1's birth since aunt agreed to supervise.

how are you gonna look for yours?

actually i'm glad that they offered their help and i don't blame them on cultivating bad habits or pampering my girl..

i just feel so helpless when i see my girl suffer.. maybe 1st time mummy bah..

i was brought up by my grandparents too.. spent little time with my parents when i was young.. envy those kids where their parent/s can send them to school or pick them up from school.. maybe that's why i was hoping that i can take care of my kids myself..

agreed that given the current living standard in sg, really very hard to just rely on one's income unless my dh is earning like $10k per mth.. hahaha...

just feeling very down lar.. plus the shitty work.. haiz..

maybe really coincidence that she started falling sick after i started work.. or maybe it's me who bring back all the germs from outside.. hahaha.. she don't used to fall sick even i had slight flu.. this time round, she was down for weeks becos i got flu from office.. that's why i say i feel so bad..

janet,

my babysitter starts as early as 630-645am and to as late as 8pm or even later when we got something on. ending hours depends on hubby's working schedule and if we are bring #1 over. if hubby finished early, he will go and fetch around 5pm. if not, he will come back and have dinner first then all of us at 7pm to fetch my girl.

sometimes we will send either #1 or #2 to her on weekends if hubby is working and me tired or sick. she will help to look after one before hubby come back. she will also help to send my girl back to me if hubby is working late.

juye,

give yourself a pat on the back...

(a bit difficult to stretch around to do that [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif])

working mums, or rather all mums, have a lot on our minds. it is a coincidence that bb started falling sick after you start work. stay well and healthy yourself!

Hi Juye,

My gal just got well from her major flu bug 4 weeks ago and she had running nose 4days ago. The running nose stopped and now her coughing starts. Haiz.... like suddenly she starts to get sick more easily, but now I see open, becos my friend who is a mother of 2 tells me that it is just the little one's way to build immunity.

Hi 1sttimepapa,

Yes, my gal poo 2-3 times a day. Maybe out of the 2/3 times, 1 time is formed poo, then the other 1/2 times will be mushy poo. She drinks 600ml milk w 3 meals/daily.

Hi Mommies,

Pampers Cruisers have offer!!!! $18.95 only!!! Today last day. Actually I see neither Similac and Cruisers offer on thurs ntuc offer page last thur, so sneakily hor this ntuc offer.

just when i'm feeling so bad and thinking of quitting.. my boss seems to know or sensed my unhappiness.. he agreed to my proposed part time working scheme which i previously proposed before i came back to work.. maybe i try that out 1st lor.. at least got abit of income..

i'm not too scared abt the job load.. i always do whatever i can for that day.. anyway most of my work can drag one.. hahaha..

1st time pa

as long as its not super watery or abnormal poo & anus not red baby eating well & is happy & generally in good healthy. its OK

u are just being paranoid hahah! each baby is diff - yours has own time own target le!

Re: flats

I am hoping the SK BTO will be somewhere near Buangkok MRT cause there a big patch of greenland yet to be utilized so like got ling gan that garment might build new BTO there. If really ah will BTO for it cause wanna upgrade from 4 to 5 room and also new flats has service yard so I can now buy a dryer w/o hub telling me no space!

1sttimepapa...my boi poos once/ twice daily...own time own target...need to coax lah at times ...as long as got poo n bb no nid gek so hard, i guess it shld be ok ...one thing that my pd shared is if bb is drinking a lot of plain water & of cos pees a lot hor, try to include more fruits n veg ...so that the poo will not be so hard de...more like a pasty kinda texture.

orangey: u don't want to try punggol??

1sttimepapa: my girl take 3x solids daily with lots of fruits and veggie.. poo at least twice daily.. sometimes more.. also own time own target one.. like what others say, as long not hard and he has no problem in pooing, should be ok..

Similiac: My PD told us that Similiac contains a type of substance that is supposed to soften stools. They claim that prevents constipation. I suppose in some children that causes them to poo more often.

Blushwax: Thanks for asking. Yes, Baby E is better now and she was taken to Playnest today though my hubby reported that she cried through parts of it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Hope she gets used to it soon.

Dazz: Got your pm about the development. I will let my friend know.

Ruru: Is your condo full of kids? My friend is single and treasures peace and quiet. So I think he is looking for the more yuppie condos where you have lots of singles or DINK couples. He stays at Cairnhill now and there are hardly any kids in his condo.

Juye: Glad your boss has offered part time scheme. Try it out and see how you feel. Do you work a certain number of days a week or are you going to work half days the whole week?

It's going to be a late day for me. Have a business dinner later at MBS which means it will take me forever to get home since it's so tough to get a cab there [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Ming

Would your hb be able to fetch you home instead?

Juye

Yay! Happy for you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ming8110,

its not true that similac helps to soften stools. its varies amount individual. usually, girls can't take similac. many of my friend's girl all got consitpation from similac.

celyn

my boy also just started similac leh, and i asked my helper to monitor his stools see if got any changes.

she said after starting FM, the 1st few stools that he pushed out (pardon the grossness) will be hard but after that it will be the normal poo liao so i wonder whether its the milk powder or its normal

Juye,

Punggol too far from my parent's plc so SK is better choice plus SK got more buses! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wow, celyn, your babysitter so good. how much does she charge?

cellow,

i stay in NE, I read in the newspaper that the GRC helps to match babysitter to residents in that area...so i am thinking of getting this service loh...

janet,

she is my colleague's sister. i think now don't have such price for babysitter bah. she is also looking after a special boy at the same time.

ming & syz: thanks.. hopefully this will helps me take good care of my girl till i'm ready to put her in the childcare..

ming: will be working 3 days per week only.. very sian if going to work half day daily..

Ming- yeah. She was crying through some parts. But think she was calmer towards the end. I was telling your mom tt she'll probably settle down after a few sessions. Dun worry.

I am proud to announce the launch of my new online boutique for baby wear, Little Pepo @ http://little.pepoapparels.com/

* Pepo Apparels is a homegrown fashion company that specializes in the creation of unique adult and children apparel.

* All designs are painstakingly created by us and we oversee every step of the production to make sure that what you get is the best.

* Personalisation in the form of intricate embroidery to emphasise your ownership of our apparel.

* Free Delivery to your doorstep for a limited period only.

You can also visit us at our Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Little-Pepo/154745854546654 (Do remember to "Like" if you feel it deserves your Like)

Dazz: #3 ah?? Hehehe.. I don't recommend mine. Wanted to recommend my sister's one, but recently trying to contact her but can't get her. U want to try? Later I ask my sister for the no. then sms u..

Morn mommies

Juye- good tat ur boss noes hw to adjust according to situation. Maybe I shld start taking one day leave weekly too but my stuff quite time critical dun wanna end up working frm home on my off day... Haha shf la

Hi Juski,

No need parents to accompany child for playnest. Grandparents/auntie/uncle/maid also can, as long as the caretaker understands english (or chinese if you enroll for chinese class) and the child is comfortable w the caretaker. My gal's class got 1 grandmother, 1 maid and 1 auntie (her nephew) who join the class w the child.

hahahah... nope! not #3..!! Cant be! hahaha.. helping a fren to ask. But she just told me this morning that she managed to book one already. Thanks Juye, think not neccessary liaoz. =)

Morning mummies!!! IT's THURSDAY !!!!

morning

part time work

PT work in SG usually involves 100% of the work w less than 100% of the pay. since we are working more than 100% most of the time anyway. not a good deal time wise and financially.

i dislike immensely that in SG, mummies have to think abt sacrificing time, money, career, sense of self. the daddies are on the sidelines in parenthood. ok maybe not only in SG... but worldwide. part of the reason why mother's day is more celebrated than father's day.

i m in a snit this morning.

C1 decided to throw tantrum when i dropped him off at sch. the type of tantrum that makes me feel like a bad mummy for going to office [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

ok snit over. no time for drama. get back to work.

cellow,

yes. i agree why we mummies are the one who needs to give up things for our children. i hate the idea too so i make sure i make hubby do his share at home while i shake leg.

Back