(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

Gbh, same! Now when my girl is sleepy at night, no one else can carry her except me cos she will scream n scream. After I carry for sometime, also still need to latch before she can sleep properly. Take 2-3 latches before she fall asleep. Usually put her to bed time last between 2-5 hours! And after that she wakes 2-3 hourly for feed still. Peng!

For FB if it is a closed group, then my frens cant see I join the group or the pics? Don't want them to know I m on this thread come n look for my posts. So paranoid hor.

gbh: I know some mummies uses the longchamp bag and they buy a seperate diaper bag organzier to place inside. I am thinking of that too, my current kate spade (cotton cloth type) is too heavy for me to bring out if I'm not bringing the stroller... no where to "hang"

Gbh re diaper bag, I'm using a le sport sac one which is very big n spacious. Can wipe also. Tho sometimes when I don't need such a bulky bag, I go on short trip then I take something smaller.

morning ladies

(and celyn who is forever early in the office)

2nd day at office, back to full time work. ytd scooted off at 430pm, cannot tahan esp since the weather so nice to sleep

come back to office like got a lot of things to do b4 starting work - sterilise funnels, wash cup for my own tea, makeup (bcz got no time to even moisturise at home) and the most impt.... read forum *chuckle*

HUGS HUGS to all mummies in need of hugs.

sp, you sound betta now, sista! jia you!

diaper bag

my diaper bag used to be the foc bag that came w the medela freestyle. now tis the mt A hosp bag that is a Agnes B ripoff. when i go out w both C1 and C2, i use a backpack to stuff all their things, so that my hands are free to catch both of them [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

carrier - ergo best, bjorn waste $

hehe the provocative header got your attn leh. my carrier journey is like this. the 1st 2 months b4 neck control, i use the MIM style sling. after his neck muscles strengthened, then i use the ergo without the infant insert. (the infant insert is thick and looks sooooooo hot)

some of the mummies from my C1's thread used bjorn before, i think not so ergonomic. once bb reaches a certain wgt ... approx 9-10kg i think... the adult's back cannot tk the wgt liao. however, the adv of the bjorn is that bb can face outward, so more things for them to see. oh oh, also i think the bb's wgt on the bjorn is on the groin whereas for ergo/becos, bb is sitting, and the wgt is on bb's butt/base of spine. i read before that better to have wgt on the butt/base of spine rather than hang fm groin... (dunno which expert say one la)

there is no carrier in the mkt where bb is sitting and can face front. that would be like us ladies carrying a chair facing front for them!!!!

gbh..rootote is good !!!! i bought one too since i loveeee roomy totes...im also using a naraya bag tt i bought long time back as a temp diaper bag....the nxt thing is to figure out hw im going to lug laptop, own bag n pump to offive....so many bags!

Gbh

avent has a diaper bag that is quite roomy as well. It comes with the usual - diaper mat, bag for dirty clothes, various compartments and best of all, a thermal area to keep milk warm or cool. Cannot expect to keep temp for too long though.

I'm also using the Kate spade diaper bag. I feel it's more of a normal bag except it comes with a diaper mat, 2 straps for hooking onto pram and of course can be wiped clean like most diaper bags. Usually it's much cheaper to get online direct from us.

Suddenly a thought came to mind. The lv neverfull can also be used as diaper bag. ;)

baby woke up for milk middle of the night. First time since 20 June. My husband was so upset that he had to torture us, specially me since I can't carry him at all, at this recovery time. He wants to separate us so that baby cannot bully me. Sigh.

chlosper,

you are not well? sorry din follow the prev archive thread conversation liao.

bbs tend to bully mummy one. it might be a good idea to just let HB take care for a while, so that you get some rest.

So many bad reviews about baby bjorn. I think my money will go down drain also. We got a synergy some weeks back, used it a few times and err hardly use it anymore. Back support, I find it ok but probably becoz baby is still light. Max weight I think is 12 kg. Baby feels super comfy in it provided I'm walking. Haha. Will examine the spine/groin issue when I have a chance to use it again.

Sgsc, yeah in the end could have taken u but I was so anxious to get baby home I forgot. After I drove off then realized car still can take ppl. Paiseh.

Re lizards, I can't stand them too! But can't bear to use lizard trap cos then must clear it n even the thought of it I want to cry already.

Cellow, how's yr boy now? Can take milk from bottle?

my diaper bag is my allerhands (backpack & a slinged egg shaped one) and a eco recycable bag i just got from the car-nival recently. Alot of loose things i want to dig immed for both kids.

I have a gu-zhi bag looks like neverfull as well end up that handbag always too heavy cos open concept i throw and throw so many things in i could not even shoulder it. Now hybernating.

maddie,

i dun know, and i shall display ostrich behaviour and stick my head in the sand till i get home this evening. i.shall.not.call.back.to.ask

haha. that is the only way i can survive the work day.... luckily came back to work mid week, else i dunno how i m gonna survive working 5 full days before the weekend break.

bbM all ok? smtimes i think i shd put them to IFC too. but my aunt says she can still tahan.

vicma,

I am thinking to buy a set to try from the bp as many mummies are buying. I have sensitive skin and I always out from morning 7 plus to night around 10pm so dunno whether I can tahan for so many hours or not. Still considering. Want to gather some feedbacks from here as some mummies here bought.

My baby gal likes to sit upright although she is going to 3 months old. She does not like to lie down. Yesterday she refused to sleep since afternoon and managed to sleep around 12 plus midnight. Headache.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bbdust,

ya lor. ytd he took milk only twice when i was at work. once at 920am, had to be spoon fed, screamed at the sight of the bottle (like scolding the bottle, my aunt said - so funny rite but at the same time so sad), took in less than 50ml. then the next feed was at 115pm, took in 80ml only.

your ah boy milk strike ended?

ytd i was so tired that i fell asleep latching him from 9pm onwards. maybe full sleep at 10pm liddat. luckily this morning is sunny. if it were ytd's rainy weather, this morning i sure super no mood one. now gotta go back to work already super no mood.

cellow,

not ended leh, still fusses and cries when he sees the bottle. when he is hungry, he drinks but always auto stop at 70ml then don't want liao.. very difficult to feed.

Now I can only feed him when he is zzzz jialat hor

Morning all,

Re diaper bag,

Used a few diaper bag n realised that backpack is better. Cos I always just carry n sling my girl out, didn't bring stroller, so backpack is easier for me..

Welcome jasmine!

I need to be extra hardworking in latching n pumping, I see a drop in my milk supply. So sad..

Oh ya, anyone's menses comes back already? Recently have some light spot, thinking whether is it my menses coming? Menses coming, supply will drop is it?

juye,

mine came but then till date no sign of it yet again weird weird one. yah ss will drop but after a few days it will go back again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

juye,

ya lor ya lor, i also think backpack is sooooo much easier. i look like a tortoise w 2 shells though, ergo-ing C2 in front and with a huge backpack on my back. LOL!

no sign of anything yet. the last time, i tbf C1 and my menses came back when he was 8mo. i was soooooooooo angry! i dowan my fertility to return so early.

then irregular menses after that. i think i only had 4 rounds before i conceived C2. and bestest of all, i din even know abt C2 till the 1st tri nearly over bcz of the menses irregularity.

bbdust,

alamak. but but as long as he is gaining wgt and still peeing/pooing regularly, i guess no cause for worry bah. tis just v irritating for the caregiver.

cellow,

he dropped weight leh haha from 75 percentile to now less than 50 percentile headache but then cause he was sick with flu then so my PD said okie lah cause sick normal to drop weight.. now shld drop further i think cause just recover from fever last week after injection

wn,

nothing. just wait. my C2's record was 6 days. also tbf. PD thinks nothing wrong, and shared w me that one mummy actually waited for 20 days. din insert the suppository.

or you buay tahan liao, YOU drink prune juice so that it gets into your milk. hopefully then bb will poo.

WN

nothing ... 3 days is okie ah.. mine can sometimes dont poo for 5 days keke [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

like what cellow said, maybe u drink prune juice ?

Chlosper, I have the baby bjorn synergy too. Feels comfy enough but as you said, the weight is concentrated on the baby's groin area. So I find that when I lift my daughter out of the carrier, there are marks on her inner tighs. I guess this means I won't be using it all the way till she is 11 kg (and she is only 5.5 kg now!).

That's why I am looking to get a 2nd carrier. Considering ergo or manduca.

Diaper bags: Am wondering when I can go back to using my old bags again. Maybe I should hold a garage sale on FB or on this thread [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Seems like I always need to tote around a tonne of stuff now. Maybe I should get my HB a backpack and make him tote the baby stuff around instead while I carry a more ladylike bag.

Went out for dinner with my ex-colleagues last night and could finally switch to a normal sized handbag since I didn't bring Baby E with me. Felt good that I didn't need an extra chair for my bag since it was small enough to be tucked behind my back. Grin.

Cartoon projection watches

Final 30 pcs

Carebear - 2 Jasda & vicma no more

EINSTEIN - 2 angela GBH

Thomas – 4 cottage fry, jasda, elmoo, Xiang

Mickey - 4 vicma, Chlosper Angela, GBH

MR MEN & LITTLE MISS - 2 available

SESAME STREET - 6 xiang, cottage fry, elmoo, Chlosper Vicma1 Elmoo

BARNEY - 3 jasda, elmoo angela

POOH – 7 vicma 2, cottage fry, Jade, Chlosper Angela elmoo

total 2 available

KIV orders

Barney –elmoo

Jasda – carebear, Mickey, Barney (3)

Cottage fry – Thomas, sesame street, pooh (3)

Xiang – Sesame street, Thomas (2)

Elmoo – Thomas, Sasame street, barney (3)

Jade – pooh, (1)

Chlosper – pooh, sesame street, Mickey (3)

Angela – Einstein, mickey, parney pooh (4)

GBH – Einstein, Mickey (2)

Elmoo – pooh, sesame street (2) KIV barney(1)

Vicma – carebear, 2Mickey, 2pooh (5)

Total 28 taken 1 pre-order

if we want more POOH it has to be 10 pooh/barney mix.

There is still alot of of Pooh & barney & little miss Mr Men. sesame street also running out.

I can take 10 more pooh/barney mix max for another batch no more cos if i take others i need to buy 10 of the others.

GBH its $3 each & if u buy from BP 1 is with postage $0.80 but if i buy 10 pcs its $20 ($2 each before postage) so i charge everyone $3.

Trying to see what the item Looks like before i decide how much to collect - but MAX is $3 i will collect for each watch.

for a shoe fanatic i used to be, i dunno where to get nice comfortable affordable work shoes anymore - any recommendations? my old shoes are falling apart aft not wearing them for so long. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

i still carry my handbags except no time to change anymore so stick to one and carry another tote bag to fit my pump and FTG. look v uncoordinated but no time to think or buy anor suitable bag since lunch time means rushing to pump and sneak in some food, and aft work rush home to carry LO and too many things to lug to want to shop around. wat bags are you girls using? rootote too casual for work ley - my current tote looks like a rootote (dunno wat brand, brought from japan eons ago) so i feel looks too casual. something all black and cleanable will be better. any recommendations again?

HJ,

I bought the Manduca carrier too! My girl loves being in it! Had the baby bjorn but found the strain on my shoulders was too much for me. In the Manduca, my girl feels like nothing lah. Hehe. Love it! Husband dun like the beco cos too girly n small for him. Why I chose the Manduca over the ergo is cos the Manduca's infant insert is built in. Love that bit. Bought from baby slings and carriers too. Went down twice to try out all their carriers before buying. Two thumbs up for their excellent service!

Diaper Bag: Can you share what do you put into your diaper bag?

So far, I survived with 1 medium size crumpler bag if i go out with 1 boy..

if 1 go out with 2 boys, it will the thomson backpack which my hubby will carry.

lynn,

yes i let my maid ergo C2. he is super whiny and screams at times, so that is the only way we found to keep him quiet.

wat is your concern? that she will spoil it?

carrier

vicma,

why manduca and not ergo? did you answer this b4 ah.... sorry if you did and i ask again, bcz this week never really read the thread conversation. just picked up today's conversation only

cellow not me

i only talked about ergo & becos no experience with manduca - unless i was saying a good carrier like the ergo, manduca or becos or other like carrier - its an unfinished list cos alot of brands out there i dont know of yet which could be good & distributes wt on shoulders & waist too.

i am new to manduca le keke! only cos HJ was talking about it.

if u give me a choice i will opt for bb to walk themselves haha! after #2 hor i feel even at 5.9kg i canot carry wo carrier for too long. - body weakened liao.

Hi Mummies,

Want to know if any of you bought a deep freezer to store your EBM? Any idea where to buy? I'm looking for 1.. Thanks for your help..

BBdust, Ming,

go try the different carriers before you buy. You can try the Ergo at first few years. Compare then decide which one is the best for you and baby. walk around with your baby in the carrier for a while to test it out.

Lynn,

thanks for the link. Good info.

Siew Ping,

I also went thru a similar phase like you. Worse, I was alone at home with baby. I almost hit her...thank god I managed to stop myself n put her down. Took me a while to cool down. I cried after that reflecting on how bad a mummy I was. Sigh. We all have our moments. Hope you're feeling better now. If you need to, pass baby to someone else n take a break.

SG_SC,

welcome to FB! Add me. by the way mummmies, who brought along those pro cameras ah? Upload the pics on FB already ah? Add me leh.

aedis2308 (aedis2308)

try those smaller neighbourhood electrical shops sometimes they dont have on display but on catelogue & they might take cash la but will definately be cheaper i feel but SHOP around.

I was quoted this nice fisher & payel last time $850-890 at best/narvey norman shops, then at some neighbourhood shops the price can be $730-750!

esp goh Ah bee at near heartland mall which is near my place has competitve prices & anotehr one at alexandra villiage near hawker centre as well cheaper than big electrical stores.

actually i find brands liek techno & home tech good enough cos just for 2 yrs use mah - after that nice for Big families. can put meat & dried herbs like red dates, soup herbs that we often use (yeah often but dont ask me the names of those twigs!)

vicma,

ah geddit.

then i ask HJ.....

paging for HJ... paging for HJ.... input on manduca carriers needed! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

not like i m gonna get another one... already got ergo and ring sling... i m just kaypoh only - haha!

Vic ma,

precisely why i chose the Manduca over the Ergo..cos of the infant insert. I wanted the Beco lah...so pretty right? But husband dun like. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Celia,

you compiled a list ah? I dun think I'm in the list leh. My email acc for FB - [email protected]

add me pls.

RE: diaper bags

I just use mu neverfull with a bag organiser in it to carry baby stuff. Wanted to get a diaper bag initially but decided I'll just an existing bag that's big enuff. Only prob is the neverfull has no zip. Like Ming, all my other bags are very much neglected. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

vicma,

Mr C calls those sticks and leaves medicine! hehe

blushwax,

oh it was you ah. you chose the manduca over the ergo bcz the infant insert was too hot?

all my other bags (besides the diaper bag) have been banished to cold storage since C1 was born. wat a waste.

my diaper bag (Crumpler Headaitch) contains

- baby wipes (pigeon)

- diaper (4 pcs)

- diaper cream

- changing mat

- extra clothes (1 set)

- milk bottle

- milk powder dispenser

- 1 thermal flask of hot water

- misc stuffs like wallet, tissue pack, handphone..

I don't pump during outings, it's either bf or fm.

That's why I was thinking if i use big bags, it will have lots and lots of space (aka carrying air, haha)

Cellow,

both HJ and me bought the Manduca. I chose the Manduca over the Ergo cos I like the in built infant insert. That's the main reason. Was carrying Nyla in the Manduca at the gathering. We should have compared n look see. Hehe.

My diaper bag has:

- baby wipes (travel size) for hand and mouth plus another pack for cleaning bb backside aft poo

- diaper (4 pcs)

- changing mat

- extra clothes (1 set)

- milk bottles (3)

- milk powder dispenser

- 1 thermal flask of hot water

- 1 bottle of cool boiled water

- bottle of hand sanitiser for myself

- 2 napkins for bb milk drinking sessions

- cloth nappy aka burp cloth which can double up as blanket

- pacifiers!

- small digital camera