(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

orangey i want to "poke" u le.

more poking after delivery (of course after we heal) is more exercise keke! can slim down faster!

haha! notti me!

but dunno le bfing very dry there i think - it will take a while to resume some heat in that department.

thanks vic ma. i think will be getting the multi zippers kind. I hope the elastic is good to last. because for #1, i used the osim belt. then after a while, the elastic not so good. become quite lose, as good as not wearing.

charismama

the osim one i had in mind was the green one old velcro one -this new one looks interesting hor keke!

janet - for $10.90 even if the elastic goes - just get another one lor kek!

actually c section the gynae will ask u to get one immed from the pharmacy. i forgot to bring mine from home -what a waste of $$ lor. but the firm pressure the guard gives (any brand will do actually) does help to ease even the c section wound pain lor. COUGHING in the 1st 2 mths is absolutely PAINFUL lor -vibration & all to the wound. w the guard the pain is more bearable.

I bought 4 baby shirt and 2 pants for baby over the weekend. The brand is Chu Chu..very normal looking. 2 NB and 2 3-6 months.

Can I ask when do we need receiving towel, is it only for discharging from hospital?

As for the tightening belt, how to guage if they are good? Can someone recommend one that is available from shops? Too lazy to order through BP. KKH one buy from where? Natural birth also can wear?

kite,

buy all different medela shield to test? ex or not?

i'm going to let baby wear #1's clothes. its usually 3 months and above so can last longer. but will get a nice dress for her full month celebration.

vic ma,

if i sterilise by pouring those water cooler kind of hot water into a container with all the parts, is it ok? this is the only way i sterilise in office leh.

blushwax,

if you do not fail any glucose urine test or got family history of diabetes, i think gynae won't ask you to go for glucose test.

tightening belt:

i got mine from OIO maternity at kk. its velco kind. i use it after post natal massage for about 1 month.

Hi,

I am letting go my Avent Single Electronic Breast Pump. Bought at S$299, selling at S$180. In good condition. Throwing in Avent Breast Shield as well.

Warranty till Mid 2011

Interested, pls email : [email protected]

Vicma - thanks for your advice on shea butter and fish oil! I think i ask my gynae first bah. =)

Yiwen - thanks for updating!

Cellow - hihi, yep i am getting so forgetful these days, i heard i am gng to be sacked soon! Then again, i take it with a pinch of salt...

Hi,

Anyone could advise whether is it better to get glass bottles for EBM or milk bags? Are there any pros & cons bet these 2?

If so, need hw many glass bottles? Btw, the glass bottles can be used as feeding bottles? Or need to warm up den pour into plastic milk bottles for bb to drink ah? The glass bottles r just used for storing in freezer?

Btw, i also heard hospitals do give free glass bottles? How many shld i request from the nurses?

good mrg mtbs!

Cheerios

The nurse will only give u a pack of glass bots as she wish.

I dun think u can request for alot.. prob abt 8 u can get at 1 go.

U need to purchase the sealing caps from the pharmacy over at the hospital.

I still think if u freeze ur EBM then use milk bags but some mummies have tried using glass bots.

I'm gonna be using my glass bots for the chiller section and my old avent bots for freezing.

gd morn mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Had a nite mare last nite...feel so tired now @_@..

recently, keep having nite mare ..dun know y...haiz..

any mummies encounter that??

Cottagefry: Don't worry too much about the placenta.

I went for my scan last Sat and my placenta is still low too. But at least it has moved up by 1 cm over the last 3 weeks so I am hoping it will continue its progress [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning Mummies!

Last wkend, i went to pack some of the #1 bb's clothings. Most of the shoes n socks are pink colour, even the cap. Feel like buying other colours for #2 (blue colour). Neutral colours will let #2 wear like yellow, white n etc.

Cottagefry, ming

My placenta is lying slightly low too, covering my previous csect area which is bad.

I also hoping for it to shift.

Until then I wun know what the gynae wants to do to me.

morn mummies!!!

Bbdust..great news!!! placeneta has moved for u!!! ...dun worry too much okie *-*

jasda,

tink pregger ladies have weird dreams definitely..i ever had nitemares which got me woken up crying...scary man ..hehe ..but take it with a pinch of salt & a big smile....dun feel good after the nitemares but its a passing phase.

i was checking out extra valves and funnels for my breast pump and i dreamt abt them too! nightmares and vivid dreams also occur fairly frequently...

cottagefry, ming,

All we can hope is for placenta to shift slowly ...meanwhile dun worry 2 nuch okie ...i have an anterior placenta..doc was saying i might need to c-sec but gotta wait n see at wk 24 checkup..at wk 28 checkup it has shifted upwards so stay +ve yeah!!

thanks xlh, i really feel relieved after hearing mummies share similar experience as me.. i also woken up crying after having nitemare [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning mummies

cheerios,

i'm a supporter for using glass bottles to store bm. you can use it to store and keep in chiller or freezer. how many bottles you need depends on your supply and how you freeze.

but for a start, i think its good to have about 50-100 bottles on hand.

i started with 20 then kk give me about 30, i thought its enough but no. i end up collecting more from mummies in forum who are giving away or selling for a token. then i send hubby round to collect them. i even went back kk to get more but they can only afford to give me another 10 or 20.

reasons for using glass bottles:

- free (collect from hospital) or cost less (collect from mummies giving away or selling) than milk bag (i think its about $0.50 each)

- can recycle, milk bag can't

- can warm direct, milk bag i think also can warm direct but not very sure

- can feed direct if you are not using avent wide base teats, milk bag can't

- less possibility of spilling by not transfer from glass bottle to milk bottle compare to transfer from milk bag to milk bottle.

- lesser time to thaw cos smaller amount (usually about 85ml per bottle), milk bag can freeze up to 150-200ml.

** initial start up cost might be high for glass bottles in the beginning cos you need to buy the plastic caps to replace the existing metal caps. each plastic caps cost about $0.80 - $2. however, if you are able to recycle and use it many times. its going to be cheaper than milk bag.

to save $$, you can also use 'bao xian zi' to wrapped round the mouth of glass bottle first then cap it with the original metal caps. personally i prefer to buy plastic caps to replace.

i think hospital to give away about 10 bottles each time. cos my boy didn't get to discharge with me then, kk did give me about 20-30 to transport bm for him.

woofy

yeah i hope both will continue to move up and up to the correct position and no blood vessels are linking the two of them [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xlh

my placenta still lying low at week 30, u think still got chance to shift meh?

I think my gynae gonna cut me somewhere else...

mummies,

me also encouter the same experience...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

woke up crying...relieved to hear that mummies share the same experience [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning all!!

what a tired day today.. didn't sleep well again.. bb moves n kicks alot at night + hubby snores so loudly at night too.. double impact.. how to sleep?? so tired..

i also had alot of nightmares at night.. think it's pretty common.. think to me it's that i tends to think alot.. alot of times ppl keep telling me to relax.. but sometimes really very difficult..

does any mummy know whether tmc give glass bottles or not? i also hope to save costs by using glass bottles...

Woofy,

Are you still interested in the 3D scan by Siemens?

I cannot go cause colleague will be on leave so my manager rejected my leave application. Do let me know so that I can let Jessie knows if not she will look for replacement and the slot will be taken up.

ZZ ..whateve it is, dun tink too much okie...dr woody will knw best what to do *-* ...stay +ve n dun tink too much though it might be worrying..when yr scan coming up?

Woofy,

Hahah.. nvm! Expected one cause nearing to CNY lor.. So many of my colleagues took leave to go home Da shao chu!!

for tmc, you can get free glass bottles from the nurse also. I got more than 10 bottles from them the last time. shouldnt be a problem

juyue,

me too!!! haiz..pregnant woman tense to be more sentive & think alot...maybe that's the reason y we had nitemare..hubby always tell me not to think TOO MUCH..say i always think unneccessary things haha :p

puckie,

just mentioned glass bottles will do? cos previously i tried to get some but oni given 2 bottles but its comes with those liquid FM with it, think similac brand.

ceyln

RE: STeralising at office. After i pump & pour out the milk into an avent milk bottle. I screw bcak the pump bottles & press the hot water flash to release around half a cup of hot water into the funnels & thus into the bottle. then i will shake & just throw out & put back my pump stuff into a big plastic lunchbox & pop it back into the fridge.

when i pump I just take out from fridge & pump again .

Juz rcv call from my maid agency.told me to go down to their agency to reselect a maid.the maid i selected was rejected due to the age was INCORRECT!!

I was HUH??what r they talking abt??what does they mean by AGE WAS INCORRECT & application was rejected??

In their Bio Data, the maid stated that her age was 23yr old but when the submit the application,they found that her actual age was less than that!! FAINTZ!!!

like that also can ar?? think their Bio Data cannot be trusted...

Haiz...

I do get nightmares also but recently don't have (better don't).. Ytd dreamt of Moses Chan.. not Moses Lim ah.. So nice!! Must be watch too much 珠光寶氣~ LOL!

mummies, ask u all hor.

I heard that TMC will give free upgrade of rooms when you admitted. Is it true?

Still deciding on 2 bedded or 4 bedded rooms.

But heard from some, the free upgrades are no longer available.

Fairyrose,

I took the 215pm - 330pm slot.

Cause thinking that half day leave ok leh but boss.. !*$@)%*#%!%

You hurry call Jessie up. Act act ask her got slot anot.. :p

Serene

I think depends on ur gynae one leh

I got free upgrade on that day. I think u got assigned to 4 bedder than request immd to 2 bedder lor

Orangey,

Oic , i called up jessie but she told me slot all taken up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] , 2.15pm slot i can make it leh can i have it ?

Serene

I think depends on ur gynae one leh

I got free upgrade on that day. I think u got assigned to 4 bedder than request immd to 2 bedder lor

Fairyrose,

Ah! Cause I sent the email already then I saw your message [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Sorry leh.. if not I can tell Jessie to slot you in..

for glass bottles, that means u will expressed out the bm using the normal bottle from the breastpump then pour it to the glass bottles right?? will pouring contaminate the milk??

i'm looking for bottles that can directly fit into my ameda breastpump and store directly..

Back