(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

Reen, chloe said her GP advised against MMRV as the changes for fever is very high. almost all the kids who took it got it. So I will check with my PD and just go for MMR or chicken pox first. definitely not going for combo already.

I went to zoo yest cos already prearranged with frens. Not too bad, slight drizzle which stopped & cool weather thruout. Din get to see much cos got 2 bbs with us with different nap/feeding/diaper changing time so glad no need to pay cos fren's corporate pass entitles 4 adults to go in free.

Reen, i was also wondering why everyone opt for separate jabs. I intend to get the MMRV for tasha but the receptionist who noted my appt says must ask PD on the day of the appt itself. Will see how, anyway appt in july still got 1 mth to go.

Latest update- children below 3 can enter zoo, night safari n bird park for FREE except when traveling as part of school or tour groups.

Still on leave [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] tks for all your warm wishes.

wish, nice! enjoy ur leave!

great news abt the zoo!

Re:mmrv

gonna bring issac for it mth end... but not decided if i wanna separate the jabs yet

re: phuket

any recommendations for nice resorts? planning yr-end hols =)

wish, jingyinhua is good for wat kind of rash. jus brot z to PD last sat.. he is suffering for eczema, same as me. i really hope he will outgrown it. i really dunno hw to stop him from scratching.

mmr/mmrv,

mmrv has higher protection compared to separate mmr & chicken pox jab but is relatively new jab compared to mmr.

if not giving chicken pox (optional jab) then can go straight to take mmr - some parents are still thinking whether to give chicken pox thats why just take mmr first.

its gd to go the way u r comfortable with.....

mirthy,

hee..i m also looking for resorts with private pool and spa for year end holidays... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummies,

does your LOs show any signs separation anxiety ??

jmmabb, my gp was telling me better give chicken pox, even though its not 100% covered, but at least if they develop, it will not be as serious. he said he had a patient 10yr old, die from it, a lot of ppl dun believe, another kiddo develop during PSLE exam n did badly.

as i told torayme, i will let him have it separately. as my GP said MMR alone can cause 30% of the bb to develop high fever, add another V wil be more serious right? he said giving MMRV is to parents convi. its better to take MMR den V after a mth. i will heal his advise lah, my family doc and a father of 3.

jmmabb,

hahaha... it has been for quite a while ago that baby c had this separation anxiety.... as i thought she has outgrown this ''sickness'', it came back recently again... ever since she knows how to walk... no matter what she was doing at the time, the moment i leave her, she will stand up & walk behind my butt.. she will only decide to detach if she hear mtvs & will walk back to the tv... then after the song, she will come back to where i am again...

Mirthy,

We stayed at Secret Clif - gorgeous rooms on clif overlooking the sea. Spacious and clean, sea breeze and sounds of crashing waves! They have a family unit which is as good but if only 2A2C then the normal rooms are good. The swimming pool is pH treated - no chlorine, it grows algea but safe for children. Was surprise as the entire family didn't suffer sun burn as we took dips daily after the beach - 6days outdoors!!

It's a slight travel from the hustle of patong beach.

hi mommies! i'm looking for a preowned Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo. If you've one to sell, pls do let me know by PM the price, condition and location. many thanks!

chloe,

yup i given chicken pox too although not 100% cover as i m afraid she get and 'suffer'. also i dont have so much leave to take.

my friend didnt take chicken pox because her mum told her chicken pox will 'release' the toxin in the body.

i also heard that mmr, very high chance to get fever...scared..

xihui,

i think is because of her new centre. everyday she cry when send her there and fetch her the moment she see me, cry again. haiz...so heartpain. this am cry again..sobs

ytd after i brought her back fr sch, she was playing and walking ard the house happily. then suddenly she decided she want to stick to me, must carry her then she ok.

once i try to put her down she start to cry non-stop, even sit beside her also cannot. must be koala hug. helppppp...

i try to talk sense to her and let her cry it out but she v persistant keep crying non-stop, think ard 15min, then in the end i give in...haiz..

i think my neighbour must be thinking i torture her

jmmabb,

think she haven't get use to the new environment ba. afterall she has been in her old sch for so long liao... give her some time....whole day dun see familiar faces, so once she see u she grab liao lor... how is she performing in sch?any feedback fr the teachers?

re: MMRV

I opted to give my boy MMR & chicken pox separately but on the same day, just on different thighs. No fever, quite alright...

re: separation anxiety

My boy forever and everyday separation anxiety. I'm used to it already...if my husband is home and i need to take a bath, i need to sneak into the bathroom and do it quick else he will pound on the door, cry or scratch himself. Refused to let my husband carry. A couple of times i was running late and my husband didn't have to go to work, he fetched my boy to the centre but it is war. He clings to the metal gate and refused to let go. A few times, my husband nearly dropped him because he was thrashing about too wildly. I sure hope this 'separation anxiety' will pass.

jmmabb, after a full day at the centre, she will be very attention seeking. My boy is the same. He's been at the infantcare since he was 8 months old and nothing has changed! Everyday when we reached home, its carry carry carry all the way. This morning tried to pass him to my husband as he won't be returning home tonight but he also don't want. Even shrieked when my husband tried to smell his hair. Damn attitude. Watching tv? Carry also. Must carry and STAND. Cannot carry and sit on sofa. That's why i lose weight very fast, he pushes me very hard :D

Chloe, i myself have eczema. I can only bathe with Cetaphil and nothing else, not even QV. I have to moisturise myself with rose hip oil, especially my legs. My legs itch alot. For people suffering for eczema, it's for life. Things can improve but it cannot be cured. Best to avoid nuts & seafood, even egg white. I was on steriod creams for many months when i was younger. Steriod creams work very fast but cannot use too often right. Everything must be very moisturising, else sure itch.

That's right BW. Eczema only got relief, no cure. Even I was on traditional chinese meds for years but still no cure. Everything got purged down to the legs. Took me many years to overcome the stigma and wear shorts/skirts even when my skin looks like it's rotting.

I alternate between Sebamed and Dove. Cetaphil and QV don't work for me. Moisturiser I use this French brand called A-Derma. But recently I've been alternating between A-Derma and Fruit of the Earth's Aloe Vera gel. Aloe Vera gel has natural healing function. After using for close to 3 weeks, I'm starting to see some improvement on my skin.

Dermatologists can't do anything about it, so it's more trial and error on my own... I'm my own test subject. Test new things and see what the results are. Whatever it is, always standby anti-histamines just in case the new item doesn't work for the skin [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xihui,

teacher say she ok. when see hb or me then she starts her 'drama' [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

bw,

omg !! u mean since 8mos til now, everyday he refuses to go ifc every morning ? or is because he only wants u to send him ? i also hope my girl can go to sch happily everyday. so paiseh cos only my girl cry, other babies are ok. btw previous centre, she will just give an unhappy face and cry softly. now she let it all out cry like nobody business !!

my girl has been in ifc since 4mos. only recently i changed centre. previously she ok leh, come home not attention seeking. maybe cos they are growing up, more aware now ?? wah we can shake hand...Must carry and STAND. Cannot carry and sit down. hehee..i do hope to lose some weight, put on a few kgs lately :p

I really have to put Heidi in childcare as soon as she turns 18 months. I've decided to place her near my workplace instead of bukit panjang already. SIL is expecting another baby... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hearing all those seperation anxiety kinda worries me now...my gal has taken to hugging my legs and sticking her head to my butt too...

Mommies, the zoo just replied to me. Under 3 continues to be free.

Dear Miss Seah,

Thank you for your email.

Wildlife Reserves Singapore would like to clarify that there is no change to our policy to allow children under 3 years old into all our parks without any charge.

We would like to sincerely apologise if this was not clearly communicated to you and for any inconvenience caused. If you have made a payment for children under 3 years old during your visit, please let us know and we will facilitate a refund accordingly.

Wildlife Reserves Singapore (WRS), which operates Jurong Bird Park , Singapore Zoo, Night Safari and the upcoming River Safari, is a self-funded, and not government-funded organisation. Nonetheless, we are fully committed to encouraging families and young children to visit its wildlife attractions as part of our mission to educate children about the importance of wildlife conservation and the importance of preserving bio-diversity.

We trust the above clarifies and would like to once again, apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Yours sincerely,

Liangmin

Corporate Communications

Wildlife Reserves Singapore

80 Mandai Lake Road

Singapore 729826

Hi mummies,

Sorry to disturb your thread.

I have some items to let go.

1. Desitin Creamy 4oz (Blue packaging) (Expiry Jun 2012) - $8.50

2. Desitin Creamy 2oz (Blue packaging) (Expiry Jun 2012) - $5.50

3. California Baby Calendula Cream 4 oz (Expiry 2013) - $25

4. California Baby Calendula Cream 2 oz (Expiry 2013) - $15.50

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks!

Am glad they changed their mind about charging below 3. Was really pissed...but I am surprised that the zoo is not government funded.

Jumperoo

Sorry to disturb Mommies. I posted earlier about the FP rainforest jumperoo but realise my PM was off. have activated it. If anyone has a jumperoo to sell, pls do PM or email me at [email protected] Thanks!

Hi Mums!

Aiya, didn't know skip hop promo was a good deal. I stopped hubby from buying for Dyl.

torayme,

i guess girls are stickier to their mums. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] my boy can roam around and not notice our absence until 15 minutes later!

chloe,

jinyinhua is more for heat rash. i put into a spray bottled and store it in fridge. anytime the dogs or baby have an oncoming rash, i spritz and it usually goes away quite fast. you do know destitin works very well for rashes right? alternatively there is this yellow sage soap that my mum bought for me when i was having puppp. works quite well. she uses it on dyl's rashes sometimes.

torayme,

good news fr the zoo..hehe...

mirthy,

wow, seems like to confirm ?? so surprised....that they have bookings already....

serendipity,

skip hop really very cute...if not urgent to get, can wait for the next taka sales. i m going to wait and buy the skip hop bag for bb to carry to sch when she promotes to toddler class...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Torayme,

u placing Heidi in LV?

hee hee... i've also placed a booking with an IFC near my workplace too.. to tide me till 18 months until i find a suitable CC for Selene... just thinking to get CC near my workplace (fees steep....) or near MIL place where she can help me fetch.... eeks...

Sigh... Talk abt childcare and to date I still haven't registered my interest in anywhere! Gosh I really need to step up.

I'm also concerned abt the separation anxiety thing. Although I usually bo chup but dunno whether I can harden myself enuf to leave her there. I walk pass a MFS near work frequently and once I heard a boy wailing that he perceived his parents didn't want him anymore. It was so heart-wrenching for me already. Furthermore E these days also more clingy and all the while she has never been left alone.

BabeE,

yes yes... tell me about separation anxiety!

It's always me... than anyone else in the family! The moment i stepped into the house after work, Selene glues to me even when it's time for bed. Weekends are worse! I don't even have the spare time to go toilets... unless she's napping. DH tried to help but Selene will give him a cheeky look and refuse him.

Dont know if i should be happy or not... haha!

mommies with maid, do you let them go on off day?

I hired a mynnmar and she wants 1 day off every month, hubby says let her go n not treat her like a prisoner..

But my collegue who learn abt it had such negative comments, tell me cannot let her go, one day she create havoc and come back with big stomach! OMG... I wonder is that the reason why she nvr have a maid for long.. too strict?

Hubby told me to have low expectations and treat her with respect, in the hope that she will work hard for us..

elise,

i dont have a helper but i do know of a colleague who trades off off day with $30-$50 extra. Then she will tell the helper that, if she performs well or so, she will give her off day alternate month when she renews contract or 2nd year of service... I think she wanna assess her performance/ personality before giving such freedom.

Honestly, they are also helpers who befriends those at the void deck or during marketing, etc. My colleague's ex helper was worse! Sneaked out in the middle of the night and got receipt to hotel81! kekeke.

ladyk,

few question to think abt with regards to choosing centre near work or near home of person fetching

- who will be fetching Selene to and fr sch everyday ?

if is you fetching,

- take note of centre closing time, can u knock off fr work on time to fetch ? how about her dinner (does her centre provide) ?

- if u mc, on leave, will u still send her to sch ?

- sometimes when she is sick in sch, sch will call and ask u to bring her back, who will fetch her back home ?

hope this can help u to decide..

Mommies, i got a pair of Fitflop Electra sequined black size 38 brand new.. VS shipped the wrong size to me, letting go at 70 anyone interested?

morning mummies,

re: separation anxiety

For sure both parents and child will experience separation anxiety, however i would say most time is the parents who feel it more. Hehe... Most kids can settle into the environment pretty fast, and it also depends on how the teachers handle them. These 2 months, my new kids in the centre can easily settle down in 1 week time, consider pretty fast. However, my advice to parent is if you can afford to take leave, pls do take 2 days leaves for a start. Let the child begin his/her 1st day with half day, see his/her reactions, if they r fine, u may consider to leave them a little longer and pick them up after nap. If not leave this to the 2nd day. Drag the duration slightly longer each day for the child to be familiarise with the environment, teachers and routine. Assure the child you be coming back to pick them up and keep to your words if u have given a TIME. Talk to the child more about going to school, getting to know friends etc or even exposing them to books about going to school help them to prepare for it. Hope this helps you mommies about the separation anxiety.

Re: Maid

Elise, am thinking of getting 1 too but yet to convince myself on the part of 1 more 'stranger' staying with me. I have lot of worries about maid too. My granny maid ever sneak out while granny is slping and went to meet her husband who came to S'pore to work and didnt tell us at all. She went MIA for the whole day. Call her hp oso no pick up until at night, and we threaten to call the police, then she return the next morning.

Elise, my helper is entitled to 1 off day each month. She is not going for off days till she completed servicing the debt I hv paid for her which is for the first few mths. So for now, I hv to pay her extra $20 for not going for off each month.

Having a helper ican be quite a headache n we just hv to be less particular n can only guide along the way. She is with me for abt two mths but spoil quite alot of things already.

ladyk, LV too late liao! Am on waiting list! Alternative is Mindchamps!!! arrgghh my shrinking pocket....

CC, I am very impressed with their detailed reply too. And offer to compensate...hehe...

serendipity, i paid for more during the taka baby fair for skip hopp. So I feel the price at the motherhood expo fair is so much better. My sis love the rabbit grooming set I got for Heidi so I bought one for her too.

Reenren, maybe like what seren said...boys and girls got difference...haha...

Joelle, thanks for your tips. Am planning to take half day leave for the first week.

jmmabb, i must be the one to send my boy to the ifc centre. A few times i was running late but my husband didn't have to work so i asked him to help me send my boy to the centre and it's war. He grabs onto our metal gate and refuse to let go, my husband will yank him off, throw him over the shoulder and leave. When i send him to the centre, he is ok provided its his favourite teacher receiving him at the door. But this teacher is pregnant with twins and delivering this month lor. So i don't know how. But everyday is the same, he will cling to my neck desperately when the teacher attempts to take over him. At home he clings to me also...i have to sneak into the bathroom to bathe and have to do it quick else sooner or later he will pound on the door and cry like mad. Or scratch his own face with his fingernails. Very drama one. I think it is normal for them to cling to us after a long day at the centre without our presence :p Now at nights if he wakes up, i have to carry him, pat pat him and walk around in the bedroom before he lets me put him back on the mattress to zzzz. No way i can escape. If he doesn't see me, that's it, one hour of wailing will start and he will NOT stop. Just screams his head off. He is most clingy to me at night. We've not slept apart since his birth so i think that explains the stickiness. But i enjoy it! He will grow up sooner or later and have his own friends, gf, wife. He will no longer need mommy liao. So for now, ok lar i lun4 lor.

Toray/ladyk, i agree with jmmabb. I feel a centre near your home is better. This is in case if she falls sick and you have to bring her home or you yourself is sick or on leave. You wont want to be on leave/mc but still have to travel to your workplace to fetch her right? Kids will adjust, don't worry...but the later they join, the longer it will take i guess. But parents must be firm and trust the teachers. Must give chance to the teachers to soothe them so they will learn to trust the teachers too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My boy is super sticky to me but he still can adjust to the centre, thanks to the wonderful teachers...

BabeE, don't worry k...actually, the younger they start, the 'easier'. But it all takes time and you have to let go, they aren't babies anymore [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] If you really cannot stand to see her cry, sooner or later you will withdraw her, haha....Have to be determined ah, no choice.

Joelle, you are right! My boy's centre teachers tell me the same thing. They have parents who let the babies there and accompany them for like 2 hours and sort of sneak off when they see they are occupied or what but really backfire lor. Next day when they return, they cling to the parent. I took halfdays for 3 days and accompany my boy there. After his lunch and shower, then i bring him home. But by end of the week, i can tell he's feeling brave already, will venture on his own. Very grateful to the teachers, it's not an easy job [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Toray, no problem. Am thinking of putting Lucas at my workplace too also to begin with half day and slowly convert to full day. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jmmab,

frankly speaking, ever since my mom passed away, we dont have concrete plans, just wanna test out different arrangements. At first MIL agreed to help out till 18 months but we can see that she's not happy cause she's deprived of all the freedom and of course Selene simply tires her out.

I'll be the one fetching Selene up and down and will take her to IFC if i'm really sick because i don wan to spread my virus to her and i really need rest. I hope this caregiving arrangement can work out at least until next year when we can shift back to our house after the tenancy agreement is up (i rented out the flat for my mom's expenses, etc but unfortunately she passed away just 1 month after we inked the agreement).

Joelle,

thanks for your tips! Will keep that in mind, and pick her up earlier during the first 2 days...

Torayme,

Same... my shrinking pocket... Josiah Montessori kills... bah, i'm paying for their location in Suntec. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hello mummies!

Torayme, thanks for checking on the zoo information. I think my company can loan 4 zoo cards and 1 card allows 4 entry so I will juz loan and go in FOC. Hehehe..... just havent decide when to go coz hubby want to jio PILs too....

Jmmabb, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the CC. I just started to look around CC, headache...cant decide to register at PIL's area or ours. My house downstairs has a CC, seems good and I kinda like it. Can just drop Lac off in morning before going work and then come home to pick her after work. Closing time is 8pm still not too bad for us. Problem is if my PILs need to pick her up if we work OT, it will be quite a distance for them to travel to our house..

If we choose PIL's area, this means we have to pick Lac, have dinner at their house (as usual) then back home which will end up very late which I always find it tiring. But we sense that MIL would like us to put Lac around their area coz she even source the neighbourhood CC herself . Hmmmmp......cant make up our mind....

BW,

Sighs.

There's no way i can reach IL's place in time by 7pm. Very rushed, considering i knock off 6pm from Suntec. Neither can my DH, his workplace Bedok. If I'm sick and going to fetch Selene to IFC, i might do it via cab lor, ard $10 bucks if i go around 7.30am.

Back