(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

Hi mummies! I am mummy of a 28 month old girl and an 8 month old boy. I would like to share with you an awesome website to buy vitamins and organic baby items. The website is (http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=EBI116). Worldwide shipping is only US$4 and the savings I have made from buying from this site is huge! Here are some of my favourite buys:

1) Prenatal DHA http://www.iherb.com/Nordic-Naturals-Prenatal-DHA-500-mg-90-Soft-Gels/22736?at=0 only costs US$24.61 for 45 days worth of pills. And the DHA per day is 450mg, higher than the ones that my gynae sold me for SG$55! I’m still taking them so that my boy can get DHA from my breastmilk.

2) Organic Fernugreek to help breastfeeding http://www.iherb.com/Fenugreek-Organic-2-fl-oz-60-ml/2925?at=0 only US$12 a bottle and it helped me to increase my supply by almost double! The taste is not strong and quite pleasant!

3) Sugar-free toddler vitamins http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Plus-Source-of-Life-Animal-Parade-Children-s-Chewable-Sugar-Free-Natural-Grape-Flavor-90-Animals/25894?at=0 US$14.03 My girl loves these!

4) Happy Baby brand organic baby food http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=happy+baby is so natural and wholesome! It’s much cheaper than Singapore! My girl loves the organic yoghurt snacks and my boy loves the organic baby food!

5) Avalon organics baby items http://www.iherb.com/Search?kw=avalon+organics+baby They work so well for my boy with Eczema and smell great too!

If you are a first time buyer, please feel free to use my referral code EBI116 to get US$5 off your first purchase! Happy Shopping!

Also selling the following:

1. Quinny Buzz Shopping Basket $40

2. Mendala PISA Pump $300

3. Baby Swimming Pool & Musical Neck Float ($50)

4. MIM Baby Sling $20

5. Hanamugari Japanese Baby Carrier $10

6. Avent DECT Baby Monitor SCD525 $100

7. Babylook Baby View Mirror $20

- Bought in Germany, not available in Singapore

- Large panorama mirror (19.5 x 10 cm)

- Can be used in almost every car. Just attach the mirror to the headrest of the set in which the car seat is in with the TÜV tested velcro attachment system

Collect at Nanyang Crescent (Jurong West) or Turf City (Tues, Thurs, Fri 930am or 5pm)

Pls PM if interested. Thanks!

Cocomama, yx is so adorable! A usually likes to mumble, most of the time we cant make out wat he means. Depends on his mood, he decided to say lift, light n popo on tuesday. But these 2 days bk to his "hey "!!! He always tries to get att by shouting hey....

Hi mummies,

see that we are discussing abt water purifier system. I know of one that uses latest UV tech and is fully portable.

We can prob get disct for bulk purchase, pm me know if u need more info

See below:

"Not too sure if you have caught the gruesome news of a body found in a water tank above HDB flat. Read this article: http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/dead-body-found-woodlands-hdb-water-tank-035513966.html

Found this to be really very disturbing. I know you are looking for a portable water treatment system, so I thought I do some sharing.

You probably are already a convert wrt use of water treatment system. You are part of a growing informed community.

Singapore water is clean but not the long pipes in which our water travels.

Drinking chlorinated water is damaging to our health in the long run.

Rem how we use to drink water direct from tap or boiled tap water? There is now more Chemical Dirt in our water now compared to only organic dirt in our older folks' time. Our lifestyle is also very different as we take in more unhealthy food stuff. Without clean water to flush out the rubbish from our system, we are just taxing our poor organs.

This water treatment system, known as eSpring removes >140 contaminants and 99.9% micro-organisms - the only one in the market that has carbon filter and UV light technology (to kill germs). An eSpring with the replacement of the parts and electricity all in cost ~$1 per day for 10 years. A small price to pay for good health. With this e-Spring it also removes the need to boil water since the water now is pure, unless of course you need hot water.

Check out this Youtube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzYGt466_O0

This is a very good eSpring site. http://www.espring.com/English-EU/home.aspx?pgid=11

We do not need such gruesome case as a BODY to scare us into reacting. There are many people out there who are oblivious to the "actual" quality of the water they consume on a daily basis. While the idea of a "foreign object" in the water tank, such as the one featured in the news, might not be a common occurrence, other types of contaminants (in the likes of cockroaches, lizards etc or simply rust) are regular "tenants" in the common estate water tanks.

The surest way to access good drinking water is at the point of consumption i.e. at your tap. Espring does not strip water off the essential minerals which our body needs. It’s portable and you can screw it on anywhere you go. E.g. when I go KUL, I bring my set along and just screw it on to the tap and viola I get good drinking water instantly especially when I am travelling with my children.

If you wish to have a hook-up before purchase, let me us know as we have a demo set which we can install at your place for you to try out. We really hope this can work out for you. Trust me on this one as you know water is very important to the well-being of the body. This will be a good investment for the health of your family - young and old. Let me know k."

Cocomama: Wow, your boy so clever, can say so many words! Mine can only say papa, mama, nai nai, jie jie, poh poh, bird, dog, duck, flower, apple, orange, nana (for banana).. think that's abt all. Haven't read to him for a while because he can't stay still and would run away. Same for flash cards. In fact, it seems nowadays he doesn't like books as much. He prefers more physical sort of activities ever since he is able to walk steadily.

Megan: HW is so sweet! I think girls are sweeter in nature? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] How I wish I'll have a girl next!

Steph: After 10 years, think just buy another one [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] How's your boy and girl doing?

I see how Kenan is growing and feel bad that I haven't been giving him as much attention as I would like. So probably cut back on amount of work.

Jessie: Are you still working just as hard or have cut back to spend more time with Arwen? Think it's ironic that we wanna be WAHM to spend more time with our children then end up being too busy with the work at home. haha!

firipy> how's work and lil' A? YX also depends on his mood.

cheerieheart> this morning, YX pointed at a bird and said 'duck'. when i told him it's a bird, he looked confused. you know, he has only gotten more verbal from 2 weeks ago. prior to that, although i know that he understands a lot of words, he would usually just babble and sometimes i thought i heard him say something but wasn't sure. there was one time he said 'mama plee (please)' and passed a container for me to open. I wasn't sure he was actually saying what i heard because he used to call me 'mah-mee'. it was only when he said it another time that i was certain. i think there's probably a special time for each child that a 'special door' is unlocked within them.

like Kenan, YX also cannot sit still other than during his meal times. nowadays, he would very quickly flip through books rather than push them away like last time. i hope that's an improvement.

Haha , was stalking the thread daily but not much time to sit and post.

Cheerieheart : I am still working as hard and my job non stop one but I am slowly prioritizing my time with Arwen. I am not very good at it yet, meaning, it is very very difficult for me to spend one whole day or even 3 hours with her without thinking about work.

Yesterday was the FIRST TIME I ever took a cab alone with her! Can you imagine that? Cos she has her French baby reader class and they only allow one adult. I was scared cos her nanny or DH is always with me when we take cabs but well.. as expected, it is not that hard and we had a great time. She is clingy to me which I like! Keke

So I think this way, slowly I will make time for her , even if it is one hour class, it is 100% focus for her.

coco : YX so so smart now eh! Arwen now also can say the whole range of papa, mama, meimei all the way to gonggong which is quite cute.

Her latest words are "wei shen me ( why?)". She seems to have develope quite abit of imagination. I would see her in her ballpit, her face covered by the balls and she will be whispering to herself . Or under her blanket and go "bsshss bhsshhss" .

Megan : Your kids so loving, really envy leh.

I made one of the hardest decision in my life, not to have 2nd kid. Me and DH had numerous discussion for the past 6 months and I felt it is just too difficult for me to raise two kids in France alone. My MIL is in Paris and we will relocated to Eastern part of France next year and I know I will go mad if I am stuck with 2 kids in the countryside without help.

Even if I have help , I still don't want cos I want the freedom to go home and see my parents when I want. I still have to take care of my parents when they are old and I do not want to be stuck in France worrying about airticket money or school schedule or without help should I need to go back SG fast.

Sad really.. I love to have a 2nd kid but it is better for everyone if I don't.

bbin>oh dear. something bad happened to your family? sorry, haven't been following the thread much so didn't know. hope whatever it is can be solved. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

hi mummies,

today topic on no. 2 or 3..haha..i had i terrible dream early tis morning..dreaming i'm abt to deliver my no. 2 by an inexperienced gynae..waterbag broke but it is all blood..shocked..

my LO jus recovered frm viral fever last week..suddenly fever after a swim then next day 39.7D..had to rushed him to Mt A as it is after midnite..fever still around after 3 days..his face is puffy n eyes are red..so i took a chance n gave him bak po san frm Eu Yan Seng..n his fever gone after 2hrs nap..heng ahh..but then the next day he started to hve rashes n i tot could it be allergic to TCM?? Went to PD n was glad tat he had Rosella n is recovering very well..no medicine given..research frm the webby n realised tat once he got it, he will hve life time immunity..

i was kinda troubled these few weeks as my medical check up not so good..thyroid level a bit high..gonna visit a GP to check again..i understand tat mood swings will be high..always quarrel wif DH n i feel so dwn..

jessie> post some pics of Arwen leh.. miss her rosy cheeks... she's so clever and knows how to ask questions already. do you see her day-dreaming often? sometimes i see YX staring out of the car and looked like he's day-dreaming, i wonder what he's thinking about.

it must be a very difficult decision to make. although i know i might go crazy juggling 2 kids and work without family support, i still can't bring myself to make a firm decision about not having another kid. sometimes i tell myself that it's only for a few years and when they're older, they will be more independent and i will slowly regain some freedom... but when YX drives me up the wall, i would go back and reconsider again.

lsntyl> same here. i still can't make up my mind. one day i want, the next day i don't want. so i think i will let it be natural and if it happens before my cut-off date of shutting down production, i will accept more sleepless nights. otherwise, i am also happy with 1.

bbin> hope things will work out for you.

mamad> take care.

cocomama>my cut off date past le. cos I told hubby I only want rabbit bb. But I know he really wants another one so... sigh...

mamad>take care...

lsntyl> can try for a horse? as much as i want to avoid a dragon, it looks like i might be too old after that [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Jessie, aw, sorry to hear that. Arwen is so so cute, will be so wasted to have only one. But yes, can understand your concerns, I will have misgivings to raise two on my own in a foreign country too. Not possible to relocate to Paris instead for more support? That way, you can still fly back to Sg on short notice, just leave the kids with your ILs for a few days? :p

TYL, not easy for L to look after 2 on his own in States. Will you still be entitled to 4 mths of maternity leave there? No rabbit baby for me too. If my RE career takes off, maybe I also dun want anymore liao, cos won't have enough time to dedicate to no. 3, not very fair. :p

lsntyl> ha..ha.. thought a horse will be more tempting and can make u change your mind. imagine an ox and a horse, both grazing together.. ha..ha..

but seriously, a friend of mine got married at 41 and delivered her first child at 42. i guess if there's a will there will be a way.

Cocomama, A getting nottier n smarter by the day. He understands what we r talking abt But doesnt reply n only react. Like asking him to share the soya bean drink, he dun answer, he Will jus shove the straw into our mouths. He loves singing, always humming in the car Or b4 he slp. But some days he jus loves to scream for hugz n attention...

My work Is Ok, just nt able to click with My colleagues. Their kids r much older Or they r single....i m starting to shun away fr 1 of My colleague. He join Same date as me But as contract. He gets only ad hoc things to do n goes hm on time. Kept whining abt his breakup, surf net But i m So overwhelm at wk. Tdy our mentor Is on leave n ask him to Help her follow up for her, he "chek" me! Very pissed!!! His position Is Same as me jus That he Is contract n i m perm. He can tell me he take this Job cos he was out of Job for 3 mths, wanna go investment Banks etc. I was thinking y waste all our time n he Is nt serious in the job

yah girls, it is like since Jan till May, everyday I ask myself if I really want 2nd kid. It is like one day yes, one day no, I was going crazy. Everyone wants me to have one and I do too but something is bothering me. Knowing my nature, I don't waver ever like this and this cause me so much anxiety and I worked myself to death sometimes to save money for 2nd kid even though I know we financially can afford if we live within our means.

Maybe it is my family background, we grew up poor and I see how my parents struggle so so much to raise us and even then it is not enough, there is no money for us to go to uni even when we are qualify. I never never ever blame my parents cos I know how much they had sacrificed and work so damn hard everyday to give us such a loving home . But this left a very deep imprint in me and I always worry one day what if we have no money? What if DH lost his job etc etc. In France, I can't find job one , even if I can, with 2 kids, no way I can work and then pay like EURO 1000 for childcare! Then if they start school ,things should be easier but like I said, I will feel so trapped there as I cannot just go home if I want. My parents are getting old and yes my siblings are filial but not that mature to understand how to really take care of the old folks.

It is one of the most heartbreaking, difficult decision of my life. I actually was so reluctant to start my pills until this month. I know if I am braver, more positive, I will go ahead and do it but this time I know if I do so, the next 10 years , I can forget about what I want to do with my life , I can forget about ever thinking of taking a breather.

I told DH that all my life, I am always trying to please others, I am so scare to disappoint people, I always try my best to meet their expectations. This time, I also felt bad that I did not give him a son, very old fashion but I am still a Chinese ultimately and felt this is my duty. Of DH nearly fall off his chair when he heard that and told me if this is the reason I want to try to have a son, then forget it cos he really don't care and it doesn't matter at all.

Now I feel better, more relax these days after making that decision. I worked so much cos I feel guilty if I relax cos if I still don't make money and save now, I won't have savings for the second kid. To the point, I barely have time for Arwen. Now I actually can sit and spend time with her without worrying if I should be out there earning more. I earn a little lesser now but I am getting to know my little girl more each day.

I think it helps in the end, the one who really understand my decision and support it is my mum. I guess after all I am her daughter, her own flesh and blood and she don't want me to go to France, raising two kids on my own and bear everything.

Wanted to tell you guys this for ages but dun know how to confide, thanks for listening [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

pauline : My SIL just given birth few months back and my SIL already got a lot of problem in her marriage so my MIL is helping her out a lot. My poor MIL is exhausted worrying about my SIL so I know die die I won't bother her one.

mamad: take care yah, monitor your thyroid regular cos no joke when the mood swing comes! I have a good friend who is the most loving person ever but if she don' take her meds, boy, it is like a scary teary person.

cocomama : always try to post photos but the file too big!!! will try later , keke

jessie,

it's nice to hear that you have reached a decision after so much anxiety and agony thinking over it. At least now there is a closure at this point in time, and you can free yourself and focus on Arwen now. I have a friend who has only 1 teenage girl, they are very close. And the girl enjoys all the attention and resources, and i tend to envy my friend in that she does not feel so busy yet she has this lifetime experience of motherhood. She does not have to worry abt scheduling kids timing, money not enough, sibling rivalry, and things that come with many kids.

further, In this day and time, the notion of siblings dependance is not so impt compared to last time, as there are other social networks.

For me, having this one is also a major decision. There is a lot of adjustment and sacrifice in our family, esp so for me. Up till now, I still wonder if I can turn back the clock. But I know I can only focus on the future.

but you know what, as long as you are still childbearing age, and not sterile, there is always an option to the other side.

Jessie - Hugs and kudos to you for making such a tough decision in life. It is a very interesting topic you brought up, especially when I finally just saw my gynae on Monday and he told me to better plan for more kids very soon. I have been wavering at this thought for a while (though not like I want a no. 2 immediately), but I can't reach a conclusion... Nice to have a no. 2, but there are simply too many things to think about.

On the lighter note, Bryan was super funny today. Brought him for a hair cut (the 3rd one in his life) and he cried the second we stepped into the hairdresser. Didn't expect him to recognise the place as the last time we trimmed his hair was 2 weeks before his birthday. He actually cried and sulked through...

He is also clearer in his pronouciation nowadays. Can hear more words from him, rather than the baby talk but he is generally still reluctant to speak much on most occassions or when he is not in his comfort zone.

Jessie, oic, definitely can't tax your MIL then. Anyway, it's ok to just say no and enjoy Arwen fully. If circumstances change in the future, and you are still of childbearing age, you can always change your mind. Jia you! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks lsn & cocomama...

coz of my hb's health so i tink its not possible to hv no 2 already. there is great uncertainty to our future now.

jessie, can empathise wif u on ur worries... u know best wat works well for u n ur family..

furby, agree tat there's more social networks but tot nothing beats the coy of own family members, so its gd to hv siblings ard as well... especially when there's 'crisis' @ home, family support becomes really vital, both in terms of emotionally n financially... thou i confide more to my friends than my family in reality... i'm such a contradict...

big foot, wat was the reason for ur gynae to say tat? especially wif the word "very soon"...

jessie> i think everyone has their own reasons on what they do and there's no right or wrong. so good for u that u have come to a decision. of cos, like they all say, it's never too late if u change ur mind, my aunt had her baby like at 40! and she's still v close to her daughter. amazing hor.

bbin> i see, yah if there's many uncertainties then just got to hold out first and see how.

anyway, i haven been posting cos since we're talking about no.2, i'm having no. 2 now, rabbit.. first trimester so quite tired and need a lot of rest. guess for my hubby and I, we know we would like to have 1 more but don't know when so just let nature takes it course after en xi turned 1 yr old. then it seems like it's God's plan cos shortly after, i tested positive. there's pros and cons for having no.2 now and later so since i'm having it now, i'll just focus on the pros! haha.

Melissa - Congrats! Think you are the 2nd mummy in this forum who is pregnant. Hope all is well for you and your family and yes yes, just focus on the pros.

Bbin - Hope that your hubby's health is ok and all will path out well for you. Take things each step at a time. Anyway, the "very soon" that my gynae mentioned is due to a potential medical issue which there is no conclusive answer yet. Was just a little taken aback by that thought.

congrats melissa!

big foot,

thanks. the most impt thing now would be my hb's health, anything else will hv to wait. sorry if i missed anything, there's some health issue for u?

melissa>congrats!

bbin>oh dear. hope your hubby gets better soon.

bigfoot>hope the potential medical issue doesn't come true. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

will try to read n respond to the other messages soon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

congrats melissa....

bigfoot i think melissa is the 4th mummy in tis forum who is pregnant...

jessie, it's a tough decision to make however, it's good that both you and your hb has come to an agreement on that...like others have said, as long you are still in child bearing age still can change your mind...take a step a time...

bbin, hope tat you hb gets well soon...take care!!!

So happy this morning... Bryan finally did the flying kiss when I told him good-bye as I alighted from the car. He was also laughing away from I kissed him before I alighted. This is so so rare cos he would usually be frowning away when I leave.

Megan - Wow! Didn't know Melissa is already the 4th... Haven't been keeping on the tracks.

Tyl - Yeah, hope it doesn't come true.

Bbin - Nah, you haven't missed anything cos I don't post as often nowadays. The comment from gynae came rather as a shock when he did the ultrascan last week and found a few small dark patches. Nothing conclusive. Could be signs of fibroid or thickening of the uterus wall or could be totally nothing at all, but nothing to fuss about at this moment. If it's the formal, worst case situation is it will lead to fertility issues or infertility down the road. That's how the very sian comment of "very soon" came, in case of any potential complications. Nevertheless, I am still not ready to take aspirin through the 1st 8 mths of pregnancy and following up with blood-thinning jabs subsequently. It is a painful thought. Any other mummies went through this before?

Congrats Melissa! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] when is baby due? School hols starting soon, can have a good break. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bigfoot, bbin, hope you and your hubby stay in the pink of health.

Congrats Melissa ! Really nice to hear more babies are coming on to our forum!

Thanks girls, it is like what you guys said, I still got time to change my mind. I mean if I think I can cope on my own when I am back in France next year, then yes, I would def have a second one but if not,it is ok too because I have a lot of other stuff I want to do with my life too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

after giving birth to my 1st, i've also decided to stop at one...cos i din hv much help..tat time no helper, and hb is out for tuition for of the time...every evening and weekend i have to take care of my boy all by myself...the tot of taking care of kids kind of put me off...but as my boy grew older, he starts to ask me y he has no siblings, etc...well the tot that he would be lonely actually makes me change my mind of having no.2...now I'm so glad tat i changed my mind...I thank God for Hue Wen...I had my no.2 at the age of 37 hehe...my SIL had her 3rd one at the age of 42...

melissa> congrats and take care. the first trimester can be very taxing.

bbin> you're right. just got to readjust your priorities for now. you can revisit this again when your DH's health improves.

big_foot> so sweet of Bryan.

megan> din know that so many mommies also expecting bunies. congrats to them.. your SIL is so brave.

re: separation anxiety

any tods here still having separation anxiety? i was supposed to attend a wedding dinner on sat night. left the house at 7pm. DH is supposed to feed YX milk and put him to bed. i was expecting some difficulty in putting him to bed since i have always been the one to do it. little did i expect DH to sms me half an hour later that YX refused to drink milk and refused to go into his room. all he did was stood at the main door and cried while trying to open the door. he kept asking DH to open the door. Didn't even want DH to carry. finally, i had to u-turn back. when i reached home he was too tired from all the crying and fell asleep. i woke him slightly and he finished his milk before going back to sleep. instead of dinner at a hotel, i had instant noodle for dinner.

cheerieheart/Pauline> yeah, in the end, i gave up. I just buy a new one. hahaha..my hubby was telling me off being penny wise pound foolish...so since he's paying...why not?

both kids are ok...i'm just more concentrated on the elder one since i have to prep her for p1. How;s Kenan?

Congrats Melissa!

CocoMama>Not so of anxiety separation for Caleb...more like..."BRING ME TOO"!

Cocomama - This SA issue will happen to Bryan when I am the one to send him to IFC. Other than that, I tried to get out of the house to work earlier one morning as daddy was supposed to send him to the clinic. He wailed his lungs out for quite a while. I realised that as long as I stepped out of the door and he is still inside the house, it is chaos. Other than that, I deduce that it is more than just SA. It is more habitual and comfort that we mummies are the providers of their basic needs, while daddy is a big toy.

oh.. firipy> i missed responding to you.

i think there are all sorts of people out there. so, just make sure that you take care of your own responsibilities yeah..

lil A has attitude leh.. cool...

steph> i waved goodbye to him at the door and he was ok-leh..

big_foot> haa..ha.. i like your analogy of daddy being a big toy. i guess there is some truth in what you said as he has gone out with only daddy and he was perfectly fine.

Congrats Melissa! The tot of 2nd scares me cos my hb is so impatient in coaxing A. Plus I m trying to settle in my newjob. My hb is happy with just 1 kid. But I wld wish to have 2.... Well shall c hw it goes later, still got a few yrs to tink.

Cocomama, A got serious attitude.... I tink he is going to b a handful! He was behaving himself perfectly well for my bil wedding on sat until we gave away the balloon he chuck aside to a cousin kid. He saw fr afar n cried the hse dwn until ppl got no choice but to return it to the same corner. Within seconds n he was bk to his usual like nothing happened! I just do my job properly n I m sure performance review wld reflect

thanks all!

megan> wah didn't know i'm the 4th one. i thought mine already quite "early." oo second at 37? think i will close shop after this unless suddenly have another gift cos think 2, i will have my hands full already. i've also been telling my hubby i hope our 2 children will be as loving as urs =)

pauline> due dec. yah so glad holidays coming. but cos i'm on 2/3 load so work is not so taxing too.

firipy> yah i think i dare to have 2 only cos my hubby is a super hands on daddy and i can say he's really good at it.

cocomama> hmm my girl don't really have SA. just that now she will have her mama days or papa days. certain times she only want one of us and don't want the other. v funny.

bigfoot> hmm hope it's nothing serious. think taking aspirin etc will not be easy too. hopefully it clears up!

Back