(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

rer-rer: Yah, one blanket damn big siah, like 2 meters long, more for old folks. Actually the good thing about China is I get access to cheaper stuff so can help. In SG, how to help?Everything is more ex so only give money donation.

Actually I have a lot of help here also. I just order, they deliver, the post man come and collect and wrap for me. All chop chop done in 20 mins. Amazing right? This is what I love about Shanghai. I think when I go to France, very hard to help also liao.

Arwen lucky to have me ah? I just slap her hands very hard cos she is very notti! She keep touching the plants and look at me, she knows it is forbidden but keep trying her luck. Her small palm kana slap by me today many times! As usual, her nanny and DH comes to her rescue. Aiyoh, I always the bad cop!

Jessie,

We opp. ..My hubby always do the bad cop role cos he can't stand joey pie-kia-logy *using her little hands to hit him, throw tantrum, snatching things frm him.

On sun, joey do a drama roll and scream at the library children corner..she gotta herself a bruise on e forehead and cried so loudly tat everyone look at us. Wah piangz! when I turn my back towards joey and walked away - she stopped immediately.....buay tahan! !!

The blanket sounds like a Gd stuff 2m long...hope tat the jap can feel our warmth support ;p

Kokamee:

Thanks so much for sharing[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. Aly was even showing signs of not being so enthusiastic abt her 6.30pm milk feed recently when previously it was like seeing gold to her! And when she started self-weaning & cutting back her 2.30pm milk feed, that's when i decide it's time i seriously consider dropping that feed. So, i hope it's back to seeing GOLD for the 6.30pm milk feed after i totally drop the 2.30pm one. She's back to her gd old eating mealtime habits after her molars & upper canines have erupted. *touch wood*. She's also getting better at self-feeding so mealtimes are less of a struggle these days. I just have to prepare myself for one more round of mealtime grief when the lower canines are sprouting & I hope i can kiss goodbye to mealtime grief until at least 2yo before her 2nd set of molars erupt!!!

Firipy:

If Ayden can sit still for even 10mins or so doing his own stuff, rather unlikely that he will have ADHD. But just keep a watch on him cuz boys are at least 3 times more likely to get ADHD than girls. Everyone has been commenting to me that Aly is really super hyperactive & easily distracted. It was only recently that i decided to throw this diagnosis out of the window for her.

morning mummies..

jessie,

yup, i presume it'll be more worth to ship to self if hit 1kg? if nvr hit, can i trouble mstan again to collect from her? thanks again...

sp,

when u mention abt aly self weaning the 2.30pm feed, isit she totally doesn drink? if its juz reduced amt tat she's drinking, hw much did she drank tat u decided to drop it totally?

my gal nw still get excited when she sees the milk at tat timing but refused to finish it.. always left abt 40ml or so... so her intake abt 180ml instead of her usual 220ml... so still doesn warrant a drop to tat feed yet rite?

Jessie>must have been hard work organising the donation drive. i really admire you for that.

please ship directly to me this time as I got quite a lot of items.

cocomama/callalily>maybe cos we kiss n hug ayden quite a lot so he's imitating us. He even starting 'blowing' on our legs and bellies to make us laugh cos we like to do that to him. :p

callalily>I don't think ayden has ADHD lah. My mom is kinda worried though. I think he's just v active. :p

firipy>I peifu you for staying at home with Ayden. I know I sure buay tahan. I don't have the patience.

kokamee>wah, you cook a lot for your boy at 2.30

Bbin:

Aly has been drinking 120ml for the 2.30pm feed for like almost 2mths already. It's only the recent 1-2 wks that she's either not finishing the feed, leaving abt 60ml behind or on some days, she doesnt even wanna drink it. As long as she's taking more than 350ml/day for milk, inclusive of milk in cereals or cooking, it's more than adequate. Anyway, after 1yo, they dun require so much milk anymore, maybe 2-3 milk feeds as main bulk of nutrition should come from solids instead.

Since yr gal is always leaving behind unfinished milk, maybe you can cut to 150ml for that feed & see how it goes?

Gd morning!!

Jessie, thanks for organizing ! u can put Fatbabe, Yuki, AG n mine for serangoon north area..

Bluey n Nana at Sengkang area but if u dun mind collection fr my place it's fine for me too !

Jessie,

Can put me wif cy? Thanks.

Cy, I collect the items frm u k? Me actually staying near hougang point. Hehe. Thanks.

Bluey, sure no prob, I always tot u say at buangkok area!!

Anyone wanna tag along jus let Jessie know [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

eastside anyone have a lot of order and wants to deliver to their place??? if not i dun mind having the things deliver to my place...the prob is my side is not so convi for collection...

megan>I'm asking jessie to send to my place direct. You can tompang me if you want. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jessie

You can send directly to me, thanks.

But I don't know how much I'll be getting tho cos it depends on whether order from unfriendly store goes thru, rite?

Think my spree list this time shud be light since no shoes etc.

Megan

Since I am staying closer to you, you can also pick up from my place if you want ok.

SPREERS : In order for me to faster group, count and weight the items. Can you confirm how you want to ship?

I mean this list below is a very rough idea nia. I use last spree to group the below but of cos you can always discuss and change your mind . Post here please . thanks!

SHIPPING

:: SELF::

-Venny ( if hit 1 kg will ship to self, if not will tag central)

-Camy

-Bride-09

-Mindy

-Shoan

-Mstan

-Alice Wong

-firipy

-Mel Gan

-Panda

-Febie + ET

- Koonie

-bubbleluv

-lsntyl

-smalldreams

-mel(jere)

-Bbin ( if hit 1 kg will ship to self, if not will tag mstan)

:: NORTH ::

CY

fat_babe

wei

Ag

yuki

bluey

nana

:: REDHILL / CENTRAL ::

Luvbabe

lsntyl

Melody

::East ::

Tam

Pauline

Vanilla

Megan

Melissa

To re-confirm again please ~

-bbwoofie ( if hit 1 kg will ship to self)

sp_callalily> i am waiting for some cues from him, but he seems to still be enjoying his milk. he's taking quite a lot of milk, 660ml daily excluding the dairy products in his food. he's still eating his solid well, which is why i'm still undecided although i hope that when we travel to Melbourne in Oct, he would already be on snacks and fresh milk. i think it would be easier to give snacks when on the road. i might be wrong though. but oct is still quite some time away, so i probably will wait a while more.

i am not so hardworking. i was thinking about sandwiches, toast with peanut butter, etc... anything that does not require additional cooking effort [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

as for playschool, i am actually refering to those where they go for half a day or full day kind. i guess the falling sick part is kind of unavoidable when they start attending school. but still, i wouldn't like to expose him to such probability unless the benefits outweight the probability.

lsntyl> it is little gestures like this that melt the heart yeah...

thanks for updating, Jessie.

mommies in the east, you're welcome to tag with me if its convenient for you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SHIPPING

-Camy

-Bride-09

-Mindy

-Shoan

-Mstan

-Alice Wong

-firipy

-Mel Gan

-Panda

-Febie + ET

- Koonie

-bubbleluv

-lsntyl

-smalldreams

-mel(jere)

CY

fat_babe

wei

Ag

yuki

bluey

nana

:: REDHILL / CENTRAL ::

Luvbabe

Melody

Tam

Pauline

Vanilla

Megan

Melissa

To re-confirm again please ~

-bbwoofie ( if hit 1 kg will ship to self)

Jessie, can send my stuff straight to my place? Thanks Jessie!

Megan, if i dun rem wrongly, u're staying somewhere near paya lebar? U're welcome to tompang with me. Can meet u at paya lebar. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Any other mummies can also tompang with me if it's convenient for u. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cy, i stay at buangkok crescent located at houngang. A lot of pple misunderstood the location as buangkok mrt there. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Jessie, I ordered shoes, if hit 1kg then ship to myself, else can tongbang with CY, anyone else in Sengkang area ah? I forgot the last time I shared with who le. A oso kanna kit by me many times cos he pulled the drawers all out n shift out my undies all over the floor

sp_calalilly, alot of friends n relatives comment he is always moving, like nvr keep still, he usually wld be shy with friends or relatives whom he nvr met or hardly meet for 10 mins then later he start nonsense. I dowan to stress myself out rite nw tinking abt it, else I mite go mad hahhaha!

CocoMama:

Has Yongxian max out his solid intake of 12 tbsp for lunch & dinner? If not, you might wanna try increasing the amt of solids he is taking first if he can still eat & take it from there. But if he is already taking that amt for each meal & can still drink that amt of milk, can just leave him be till he decides to auto-cut down on his milk intake. Being able to take fresh milk is a plus plus point, esp if u r planning on travelling! But then again, Oct is still some time away & Melbourne is such a baby friendly place that it doesnt really matter except the hassle of lugging a tin of formula milk. Snacks like Heinz, Bellamy's etc are in abundance in the supermarkets there!!!

For pre-schools, u might wanna consider half day first rather than full day. Yeah, they definitely fall sick once they start school. Inevitable! Most of my friends' kids are like sick almost every wk or every other wk. Hence, 3yo may be a more appropriate age. For me, i am going to try 2yo first but if Aly shd fall sick very often, i wont hesistate to take her out of school.

sp_callalily> i'm not sure how much 12 tbsp is. he's eating one rice bowl of solid for lunch and dinner each. i think each bowl is about 200-220ml. in addition, he also has breakfast and a small snack of fruits between breakfast and lunch. once in a while, he will eat some biscotti or puff in the afternoon.

Yes... I know that snacks are abundant in the supermarkets there. that's why i'm comtemplating replacing his milk feed with snacks. like you said Oct is still some time away.. i think i will wait a while more. plus i haven't really come up with a list of variety of snacks that i can give him.

hubby is only keen to send him to playschool when he can speak. he's afraid that he might get bullied, can't tell and develop a phobia against going to school.

jessie,

I totally understand what you mean by the convenience of here man. Everything gets to be delivered, just pay a little bit more only, right? I have taken it so much for granted until when I was back in Singapore and was stuck at home and felt like ordering Mac's one day only to hear from the person taking order, that it's raining, they dun deliver. I'm like, WHAT?! It's precisely it's raining, we ask for delivery right? But I also understand lah, safety for their staff is also crucial, driving in the rain is not safe also.

Think this is the bit I'm gonna miss about here if I were ever to relocate. Speaking about shopping ... yeah, I have to be mindful of the fact that I'm also a woman and not just a mom. So I've planned for a shopping holiday with my galfriends! I'm so touched that DH 'pushed' me to take this trip and volunteered to take leave to take care of Nat while I'm away for those few days. The other day ... he was still saying ... wah ... I'm gonna do this this this and that that that when you're away. I was thinking in my heart, "You sure have no idea what you're getting yourself into, eh?"

LOL. Okay, I shall not be mean at his kindness. But I am really looking forward because it is a much needed break. I have been caring so much for Nat that I so much feel that I've lost myself bit by bit. For those who are working, you have your identity at work and when you come home, you have your motherly duties. But for me, it's all bundled into one.

I even forgot that I'm a wife sometimes until DH reminded me too. Aiyah ... Nat kenah smacked, yelled etc etc by me dunno how many times for doing notti things. Always testing her luck with me. I wonder if it's the onset of terrible twos! My ayi is always telling me not to raise my voice at her. But this gal ... you don't yell at her, she won't listen!

I become just white noise to her. Good luck to me in the years to come, man!

Lamb, I tink its the time of their lives to try to test boundaries n limits. If we don't show them who is boss, then they are the boss. I am always shouting like mad woman lo! hahhaha!

Oh yah, after ordering fr taobao then I realise something I had been wanting to order but forgot, skiphop bag, but nvm tink I can wait for some bp to be up. Its still too big for A to carry anyway, more like for me to carry hahha!

CocoMama:

Yongxian has a very hearty appetite! In this case, just leave him be & wait for him to show u signs of not wanting so much milk. Kokamee has suggested a very nice list of snacks that we can offer. As for playschool, take your time to pick the "ideal" school that u wanna send Yongxian too but dun take too long to decide cuz the really popular playschools have long waiting lists!!!

Lamb:

If my hubby offers me this kind of deal, i will grab it instantly!!!! So, go for yr well deserved break & dun feel guilty abt it[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. Being a SAHM, it's easy to let ourselves "degenerate". So must make sure that does not happen!!! Always remember that SAHM = tai tai and NOT housewife!

SP> oh i see =) it's 3 yrs not 2 yrs yeah.. cos i was wondering between 2 to 3 is one of the most important so thought how come you will return to work at that time instead.

CocoMama> wah he eats a lot!! my girl eats about the same as yongxian but these few days milk intake suddenly drop from 450ml to 300 to 350ml. dunno why also.

lamb> woo hoo! v good leh ur hubby give u so many days off ah. mine at most one day. haha then after that say v tired liao. nowadays we tend to go out with our friends at night so the other one can just rest at home while she sleeps.

jessie> thanks for ordering! if it's more worth it for mine to be shipped with someone else, then i choose tyl! yl, can hor? cos u stay the nearest to me already. if it's worth it to ship direct, then direct will be good.

Hi mummies, hope all of you have been well.

Lamb, jessie - Just saw the news about SG day in Shanghai somewhere in mid April. Hope you gals get to enjoy the SG food there!

Jessie - sorry that I missed your donation drive. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] You are such a great mummy - for taking time out to do your bit for the society.

Xin - How's Matt? Started the TCM treatment? Enjoy your time with Matt before returning to work.

Callalily - Saw your post about the 12 tbsp. Are you referring to those chinese spoon used for soup? Not those metal spoon we commonly used for food right? Cos I know them as dessert spoon. Is it 12 tbsp per meal? Heaped or level spoon? Sorry cos I am seriously trying to figure out if Bryan is actually eating that amount as 12 tbsp seems a lot.

Lamb - grab the chance for your day off!!! I am still waiting for hubby to make this offer. Hee.

Megan, smalldreams, xin - Thank you for your concerns about my ex-collg's unfortunate incident. He and his wife are trying their very very best to cope with their lost. The past 10 weeks were probably the worst and trying time in their life.

Oh, a few stupid questions to check with mummies here...

1. Have any of you tried to let your LO wear those y-thong flip-flops? Can they manage? Thought of getting a pair for Bryan to bring him to beach.

2. Have anyone tried Petit Bowl? What's your comments?

3. Is it necessary to go for 1-yr postnatal check? Cos I am kind of lazy to do so.

SPREERS : In order for me to faster group, count and weight the items. Can you confirm how you want to ship?

I mean this list below is a very rough idea nia. I use last spree to group the below but of cos you can always discuss and change your mind . Post here please . thanks!

SHIPPING

-Camy

-Bride-09

-Mindy

-Shoan

-Mstan

-Alice Wong

-firipy

-Mel Gan

-Panda

-Febie + ET

- Koonie

-bubbleluv

-lsntyl

-smalldreams

-mel(jere)

-Luvbabe

- 2005 ( if hit 1 kg will ship to self, if not will tag north)

- bbwoofie ( if hit 1 kg will ship to self)

CY

fat_babe

wei

Ag

yuki

bluey

nana

Tam

Pauline

Vanilla

Megan

Melissa

Melody

Hmmmm... think East And North can split into two groups liao.

See how, if you guys want to split into two location also can [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jessie Jessie,

Sorry Sorry for the late reply...

MINDY !!

1) http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=2456716077 x 1 , Pink, RMB 32, Alt Blue Or Black --SIZE???

mindy : SIZE L

9)http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7292381147 x1, 蓝色, RMB 39, size 28#17.7cm, Alt other size is Ok RMB 38.00 - Only Black Size 28 You Want?

mindy : black size 28 is okay! i want

10) http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7018608743 x1, 红色, RMB 48, size 26码/16.5cm, Alt other available size -- > The next available size for red is 31/ 20 cm. Very big eh.. For size 26码/16.5cm , got green color nia ... or 27码/17.5cm left blue. Let me know ASAP yah!

mindy : can i get 27码/17.5cm blue and size 26码/16.5cm green and big size for red>

total 3 pairs lor..

Thank You Thank YOu..

Jessie, sorry but maybe u missed my post.. Can ship to my place direct? But i welcome any other east mummy to tag along.. Thanks a lot!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

24) http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=24139808 x 5 宝宝袜糖果袜 0-8岁 ONLY CAME 4 and it is pink x 1 and 3 lavender, you want ?

-> YES !

25) http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=4162486202 Girl-set C no 2, Pink – size 95 RMB 7.50

(2nd choice : set B no 1, Pink OR 3rd choice : set A no 4, Red) – size 95

--> they don't have the design you want but they have this ( I copied the link from other store)

http://trade.taobao.com/trade/detail/tradeSnap.htm?tradeID=68209131119963 no.15 design

You want?

-> NO unless they hv the design no 11 or A (2nd choice) or no 4 (3rd choice) ?

Do they hv any other girl design in Pink ?

Thks for trouble !

37) http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=5672429904 - Pink Rabbit RMB 28

Only have pink bear, you want ?

-> Is it pink pig (pic 6) ? If yes, then OK.

Got pink bear meh ? Which one on pic ?

Back