(2009) Twins/ Triplets/ Multiples mummies to be

Ladies
i am new to this thread, currently twins (2 boys) at week 19. i am with glen E.
i) I planned to clear annual leave from week 32, is it too late?
ii) My bbs weighed 240g and 210g at week 18, is it too small? worried.

hi 76,
congrats on your twin boys. about your leave, what did you dr advised you? if you think you body still can take it, i think is ok. i am already now in week 27 and i already started my leave and resting at home cos i tend to feel more tired and legs are starting to get swollen on and off. and my tummy is getting heavier and heavier now.

regarding your bbs weight, i think it is ok cos i just checked back my records, my girl weighed 241g and boy weighed 257g at week 19.

hi all,
i was juz discharged from hospital. was admitted last mon due to some pre-term contractions, n dilation.. me only 25wks now. so doc wans me to hv lotsa lotsa rest...even confining me to bed.
me feeling abit kan cheong now.. cos i hvnt done any shoppings for bbs' stuffs yet...n im already not so mobile now le.
after counting my leave balances (hospitalisation n annual).. i was planning to take leave from wk28..or prolly 30? but we hvnt found a coverage here for my position..n ya...so, not sure.
doc was kind of hopeful (that if i can cont to hv lotsa rest..) he might wana deliver me at wk 38. btw..aft the last hospitalisation, tink most likely i will be with glenE.

btw.. can i hv yur adv pls? hw u guys put the bb car seat?
thanks~

Hi Mariayee,
Did your doc give you hospitalisation leave or did you clear your annual leave? I'm feeling kinda heavy as well and can't walk for long without feeling tired... Water retention is on and off... I wonder if i can work till week 30..??

Hi Fatbobo,
Don't worry too much about the baby stuff. Make a list of the crucial things to buy first e.g cot etc. Check the items on the web for prices, then get your hubby to buy. For small loose items like baby clothes, toys, u can pretty much buy them in the bulk purchases here - prices are cheaper than retail stores. Take care!

hi guys, sorry to intrude, can you pls help me pass along the following job vacancy to someone who may be keen?

<font color="ff0000">Senior / Administrative Assistant, Corporate Planning</font>

<font color="0000ff">The Challenges</font>
You will provide administrative support to the Corporate Planning department. As part of your duties, you will assist in the organization and logistics of Board meetings, management meetings and strategic retreats. Other deliverables include scheduling of department matters and handling all payment systems for the department, such as raising of payment requests. From time to time, you will also be required to handle the organization’s general calls and mails. You may also be assigned other ad-hoc duties as required.

<font color="0000ff">The Requirements</font>
- Minimum GCE “A” Level or Polytechnic Diploma
- Minimum 2 years of relevant working experience
- Event management and secretarial experience would be an advantage
- Possess good writing and conversational skills
- Energetic, positive-minded individual who is meticulous and organized
- Independent team player with good interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required
- Full time

<font color="0000ff">Details</font>
Working hours: 8.30 to 6pm, Monday to Friday
Firm: National Healthcare Group

PM me if you wish to know the salary range. Pls send cv to [email protected].
Thank you so much!

twinsmama,
actually i worked for my hubby, so i can kinda take leave without any annual leave or HL. it's better to have more rest now since we are having twins. rest is very important now. my gynae keep emphasise on resting more to me. i am getting very heavy too now, cant walk to much aso..

Mariayee
Thanks for the advice. I was worried about bbs' weight initially though the sonographer said both within range. What r bbs weight now at week 27?
Also, my placenta is low leh, anything we shld avoid? Anyone with similar problems? So far, at week 19, i am still feeling ok, not much of swollen feet, stretch marks and all... so still lucky, hope not speaking too early.

Hi i m newbie here.Currently is 23wks and having twins of boys
happy.gif
Now started to feel nervous and worry abt giving birth. Any tips to share

Any mummies here whose twins are dignosed with twin twin transfusion syndrome? Currently in 26 wks and my twins weight difference is about 37%. Quite worried

welcome, my bbs weight at 26 weeks are about 825g and 875g. regarding your low placenta, i heard that more rest is very important, avoid intercourse and don't walk too much. some ladies with low placenta said that it may moved up back on later stage. so don't worry.

my feet started to swell on and off nowadays and me too same with you, no stretch marks. keeping my fingers crossed for now.. haha.. but am having terrible pelvic pains nowadays.. did you have any pelvic pains?

Hi, just want to check if any mummies still on line in this... I recently just discover that i am having twins.. Need some advice..

Hi Grace... how many weeks are you into your pregnancy?

I've just given birth to my 2 boys about a month ago.. feel free to ask. I'll help to answer baased on my experience... have fun with the pregnancy.

mariayee
Not much of a pelvic pain, just shooting pains here and there. when can you feel your bbs moving? I feel some vibrations inside at week 18, but not sure if this is it...not quite much like kicking of football...
Kel
what are the weight of your bbs?

ladies
Have u started buying bbs stuff? when is a good time to buy? there is an expo coming in june...I would be week 22 by then, dunno if i shld start buying...any tips on where to start? heard kaki bkt offers some good deals

Hi mummies,
Would like to check if any of you had natural birth or c-section? If natural birth, would the labour be longer and more painful? My doc said is up to me to choose if the twins are heads down...

Hi 76,
Is a good idea to start buying early 'cause by the time you reach week 26++ (like me) you will start to get very heavy and tire easily. Since GSS is round the corner, start shopping! :D

twinsmama
Tot of the heaviness too.How heavy were your twins at week 18-20? i am always so worried about the size..coz my frens say i am small for 5mths....cant really tell unless i wear obvious clothes.

Hi 76,
The funny thing is my doctor never mentioned anything about my twins' weight until recently when we asked him!! I always assume is ok since he never highlighted any issues... I guess if your doc didnt say anything, it should be fine - just check with him on your next visit.
happy.gif

reading the posts bring me back memories of my twin pregnancy. time flies, my twin boys are in their 9 mths already. feel free to ask me questions will advise if i can. i was once in ur shoes too! all i can say is enjoy ur pregnancy!

Hi Vine, glad to know someone is online...
Oh, coz one of my husband cousin ask me to go kk.. coz afraid that twin will have complication.

Anyway, how is ur experience like?? I am abit down.. physically and emotional.. feeling very weak and tired.. u have those experiences? Or anything you can share with me..

Hi 76,
My twins weigh 534g and 815g at week 25. As u can see, the difference is great and it just gets wider n wider at each gynae visit. dun know whether if i could carry it till wk 37/38?

Actually, ur babies weight difference at wk 18 is not great, 30g. My twins differs by ~100g at wk 19, ~200g at wk 22, and now almost ~280g. So you dun worry too much! Stay happy

Hi grace, Congrats!
just to share .... in the beginning of the twin pregnancy, i felt extremely moody, tired, suffered from breast tenderness, spotting (got to take homones pills).... tired feet, ecezma, etc...basically the symptons are doubled!
Twins pregnancy are considered high risk, so u have to take extra care.

Hi Grace,

I was also down as twin preg is high risk and my twins at that time has high NT (risks of DS) but I did not go for Amnio. In the end, they are perfectly normal. Also suspected of TTTS but thank god it appear q late, I was abt to give birth so not much of an issue. I understand what you gals are going thru, single preg is already difficult, wats more, we have to deal with 2. but then agn, enjoy ur preg cos later u will miss them being inside you, kicking n playing with each other!

Hi Grace... in my first trimester, i was feeling very lousy and sad. It maybe due to a sudden surge of hormones. I was vomitting and feeling tired most of the time. As such, I took off from my work to stay home. Having twins may not be as easy but once you see them at the end of your term, you feel the sense of fulfillment and really thankful for the experience.

I do miss my twins playing and kicking in my tummy- making my tummy lopsided. Now they are also a great joy as they sleep soundly in my arms. While pregnant, it'd be good to think who will help you when the twins are out. I think I'll get post natal depression if not for my parents' help. My twins are premmies so they need alot of special attention...
happy.gif

Kel
Thanks for sharing. It was my first time knowing the wieght of the bbs at week 18 so naturally i wana know if mine fall within the range and how it is compared with other twins. Now i am having constipation and dry skin...sian...

Hi Grace,

Those symptons stayed with me till almost 4 months....co's somewhere towards the end of 1st trimester, my twins are diagnosed with TTTS and suspected down (high NT)...so super moody n upset. In the end, went for amnio and it turn out good...so slowly, the symptons start to disappear. Sometimes, it helps to feel positive all day .... So, stay cheerful. how nice n fortunate to have twins!
happy.gif

TTTS - twin twin transfusion syndrome. basically it means food from placenta is not equally shared between twins and there's nothing much u can do about it.

Hi ladies, its been a while I post on this forum...

I just gone back to work and my twin gals are now 3mths plus...

For mummies who have given birth and going back to work, how do you arrange/ plan to arrange to take care of your twins?

Currently, my mum and my mum-in-law take care of one twin each coz one person can't take care of two babies and both mums dun wan a maid...

I only bring one twin back home at night to sleep coz I ve got another 20mth old toddler at home. Only on weekends, the twins will 'reunite'at my hse while my mum will take care of my toddler.

Is it bad for the twins to be separated?

For mummies who has yet give birth, be positive and enjoy your pregnancy..as long as you are seeing your gynae regularly, talking to your babies, everything will turn out fine
happy.gif

My gals had a big difference in wt when they were in my tummy too. They were born at 37 weeks at 2.6kg and 1.9kg.

Here's the photo of them taken 2 weeks ago..

they are identical (sharing 1 sac and 1 placenta) but they look different (One has black thick hair while the smaller one has little, fine brown hair) and have different characters/ behaviours!

2501876.jpg

Hi ladies, its been a while I post on this forum...

I just gone back to work and my twin gals are now 3mths plus...

For mummies who have given birth and going back to work, how do you arrange/ plan to arrange to take care of your twins?

Currently, my mum and my mum-in-law take care of one twin each coz one person can't take care of two babies and both mums dun wan a maid...

I only bring one twin back home at night to sleep coz I ve got another 20mth old toddler at home. Only on weekends, the twins will 'reunite'at my hse while my mum will take care of my toddler.

Is it bad for the twins to be separated?

For mummies who has yet give birth, be positive and enjoy your pregnancy..as long as you are seeing your gynae regularly, talking to your babies, everything will turn out fine
happy.gif

My gals had a big difference in wt when they were in my tummy too. They were born at 37 weeks at 2.6kg and 1.9kg.

Here's the photo of them taken 2 weeks ago..

they are identical (sharing 1 sac and 1 placenta) but they look different (One has black thick hair while the smaller one has little, fine brown hair) and have different characters/ behaviours!

2501888.jpg

Hi hoops&amp;yoyo, Kel &amp; Vine, Thanks alot of all your advice and encouragement. It really have touch me and encourage me to press on. =) Hope that I be all right soon. I been irritated easy so today I took off to work from home. =)

Your babies will be beautiful too
happy.gif

The ladies are right, twins' pregnancy is not easy, I was very swollen during my pregnancy and could hardly walk and had difficulty sleeping in my last trimester..(I had no issues with my 1st single pregnancy)

But its all worth it ;)

You will be very happy and relieved when they are out. I cried like a baby when doc put them in my arms (I had epidural c-sect)...tears of joy and relief..that moment was undescribable..

Perservere on! Jiayou!

To have happy and easy-to-take-care babies, you have to be a happy mum-to-be!

Hi mayb i know is it possible to breastfeed twins? Do ur let ur twins sleep in same baby cots? Any idea when is e upcoming baby fair held?

hihi.. eipsy... ur gals cute la. hehe. did u take full 16wks maternity leave?

ooh.. i miss my bbs.. hfta wait till 12 june for my next scan at wk28. duno wat's their weight now.

im oso so swollen at the feet especially when i walk too much or stand too long. the pelvic region very soar too. tink im carrying bit too low. nw..oso more difficulty getting sleep at nite too.

for me..i hv juz hired a helper..n will ask my mum over to help supervise the helper instead of we bringing the bbs n helper to her plc everyday.

i oso wld like to know abt breast feeding.. n oso hw the arrg for child seat in car. i'll be putting them in a same cot and see hw latr when they out-grow the cot.

cheers all~

do keep your spirits up..as I strongly believe happy mommy will have happy babies.

hey Bobo, towards the end of my pregnancy, my feet were as swollen as pig trotters..and I'd difficulty sleeping due to the big tummy...
happy.gif

My 2 boys are 1 mth plus and I'm expressing milk for them every 3 hrs for their feeds. This relieves me from having to feed them myself. My parents will help to bottlefeed them. As the boys' appetite increase, I've to supplement 1 of their feeds with formula... at times, I'll let them suckle to stimulate my milk production and build bond..

My boys are sharing a cot at my parents' place and they have their own cots at my own place..hee..
happy.gif

Taking care of twins may not be easy but it's really a blessing...so just hang in there. I prefer not to separate my twins in child care. My in-laws have suggested each side taking care of one...but I objected. I cannot imagine my 2 boys having different upbringing...and bringing them up together in the same place will help the twins' development.

2502897.jpg

Hi Eipsy, your gals have such great smiles
happy.gif

Hoops, cute shirts! My gals are 1 month + also
happy.gif

Initially I latch one, and express for the other, but now I express for both about 5x a day so that we know how much they each had. But have to supplement half their feed with formula. Am still trying hard to increase my production. Latch on ocassionally to stimulate milk production or when I can't get them to settle down. I've heard of mummies having so much BM that they don't have enough space to store the EBM...so envy..

My gals shared the same cot in the 1st month when they could sleep through the other one crying. Had to separate them in different rooms later as they keep waking each other up and cried more (we think it might even be sympathy crying!).

My mom stays at my place and will be taking care of my 2 gals + my 6-yr old with our maid. (My MIL is in M'sia). Think its still quite tough for my mom as the maid is inexperienced, young, and did not have children herself. Will see how it works out when I go back to work next month.

Sunnysideup, you mentioned that your maid will be the one taking care of the babies. Can she handle them herself?

Grace, when my gyane from my 1st pregnancy confirmed that I had twins, he immediately suggested that I also see a doctor in KKH in case of premature delivery - according to him, besides the issue of cost, the neonatal facilities at KKH are the best. Since I preferred not to have 2 doctors, I just continued on with KKH from then on. Luckily I didn't have to test out their NICU (which seems to be quite good from the accounts of mummies from the premature babies support group thread).

I was also very tired most of the time and had nausea the whole day long for about 4 months. It was much worse compared to my first single pregnancy. I ended up taking lots of half days to rest, almost 20 days of annual leave before week 30. Had to take even more leave after that due to early contractions.

My gynae is Dr See Tho. No idea of the bill size, heard from the clinic's nurses that GlenE don't have a delivery package for twins

Hi Bobo

Yes, I took full 16 wks..with twins, I had to...

Hi Hoops

How you intend to arrange the taking care of your twins when you go back to work?

No doubt my twins will have different upbringing but I guess I m left with no choice since neither of their grandmums wan a maid nor wan to take care of two at the same time.

One consolation is that both babies will enjoy full attention from both grandmums (and families). Coz if one were to take care of two babies, its tough to find time to play with them or stimulate them...

Another method is to put two of them in infant care which I also considered with my hubby...

eventually, we decide that we would still rather put them separately at our mums' place than to leave them at infantcare...In this way, we know out babies are in the safe hands of our parents and need not worry much lor...

Hi eipsy..

My parents will take care of them...but I'm considering to apply for flexi-hrs where I can work from home...that's a real challenge for working mothers..

I'm still considering whether to take full 16 weeks maternity.. in fact, I've been checking my emails since day 3 of my maternity leave..haiz..

Back