(2009) Twins/ Triplets/ Multiples mummies to be

Hi all mummies,

I am new here... oso expecting twins. Currently 21weeks, my twins are abt the same weight wic is abt 500g each. Jus to check out whether at 21weeks at the point of weight is still okie?

Kel
Check with you, initially the gynae said you have TTTS at week 8. How did the diagnosis disappear though your bbs' weight diffeernce is still disparate? I am trying not to worry now and i am on leave next week, so hope I can have a good rest.really thanks for your encouragement and support.
Btw, i was abt to ask about difference between stemcord and cordlife. Any one knows which is better? and the cost? My fren all buy differnt one, say not much dfference.

TTTS still present lah .... if disappear i happy loh ....

Take a good rest next week ... if possible, no shopping .... just nuah at home
happy.gif

is it your first pregnancy ?

Stemcord n cordlife difference? Not too sure, i sign up with both (stemcord for 1st child and cordlife for twins). As far as i know, their processing and storage methods are different, cordlife is ABB accredited whereas stemcord is not. Right now, cordlife is having a promo at the motherhood fair ($1350) and giving 3 packs of huggies diapers. Not too sure of stemcord's price since they are not there.

To me, can't really tell which is better .... both should be similar, signed up with cordlife now beco's we want to spread the risk (kiasi)
happy.gif

But if u intend to sign up with any, i can always refer you (you just need to quote my name & hp) with u sign up.
happy.gif

Kel
I have added you, but you havent added me. Its my first pregnancy. for TTTS, besides weight difference, NUH said 1 urinary bladder output less than the other too. Your doc says your TTTS under cntrol though the diffference in weight stilll there? did they mention abt transfusion or anything or things they need to do?

never received notification leh, maybe u gimme ur MSN n i add u.

urinary bladder ah .... my doc didn't say anything leh .... when i did the detailed scan, doc says all organs ok ... just 1 fat baby n 1 skinny baby.

No mention of anything they need to do ... maybe they don't want to say too early then i worry too much.

Doc also didn't say TTTS under control (i think my case is v obvious not under control co's every visit i go, the difference increases by ~100g) My worry now is that 1 is super duper skinny but i can't do much at this stage but more rest.

How often do u see ur gynae? u just need to monitor their weight ... as long as both growing shd be fine la. try to think positive. I searched on the net, can't seem to find much info abt wat we can do abt TTTS.

kel,

there is surgery for TTTS, but if your TTTS is not serious or you are coping well with your pregnancy, just rest well and rest more.. it will help.

Sam,

oic .... probably mine is not serious? I read tat surgery is to extract the excess amiotic fluid, right .... sounds rather risky

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum
happy.gif

i am currently in week 27 now, EDD is also 2 Sept, same as fat Bobo!

i am having d/c twins (two placentas and two water bags) but since week 24 they have been having a weight difference of 200g
sad.gif
. they were 1.1kg and 1.3kg last week.. not sure if it's because one baby developed later than the other, cos the smaller baby's heartbeat only appeared in week 9. during my first appt, the doctor thought i had lost one baby cos there was only one heartbeat

hope mummies with TTTS will stay positive. when my mum gave birth to my twin brothers more than 30 years ago, one was only 1.9kg, and the other was 2.7kg. they were both healthy and active boys and are now healthy adults so don't give yourselves unnecessary stress ok?

did anyone buy the pigeon breast pump?? my initial plan was to latch one baby on one side while simultaneously pumping on the other side.. not sure how practical it is.. cos many mummies told me it's better to get dual pumps
sad.gif

Hihi seejay, welcome... :)

heeeee~ same EDD... r u gona deliver by c-sec or can natural? u or yur gynae pick a date already?

hw cm ur able to monitor yur bb's weight so closely de..hehe..wk 24 n last wk also? did i miss out anything? hoho~

i'll be going for my wk28 detail scan this fri.. duno wat's their weight now. btw, r both yur bbs same gender?

which hospital r u with? hw abt for the detail scans?

btw.. wah, when yur bros were delivered.. their weight difference really quite big hor? ~1kg?
i tink for yurs now ~200g not very big izit? im not sure, sometimes difference by some hundreds of grams like ok....but sometimes like not really..i oso not too sure! -.-

my msn is [email protected], can add me if wana chat.. :)

cheers~

Annfresh
i am also undecided about getting cord blood banking. heard the alternative would be to donate to a public pool so that when you need it in future, you can get from that bigger pool... and moreover, the 2 private ones are quite expensive. Nevertheless, i wll still attend the 4th jul seminar to see if i am convinced to buy...i also have queires coz we are having twins, so shld we buy 2 or will 1 suffice? can use bb bonus to pay, so no harm too...so i havent confirmed yet.

Can check w u. if i m going to breastfeed e babies. but i 'll away for biz trip for 2 wks. would it b possible to storage 2 wks supply? and during e biz trip i got to store e milk also?

I also want to go there if have time just registered. Donate to a public pool- it's mean everyone can use it?! Hope in seminar we will get all answers )

HI bobo, i haven't discussed on birthing options yet but would like to try to carry the babies till fullterm if possible! i've been doing scans regularly this period because my gynae is from KKH and the hospital arranges additional growth scans for twins to track their development from weeks 20-30 mah.. heehee..

both my babies are boys.. initially a bit disappointed cos was hoping for one boy one girl, but felt very guilty about it so i keep telling myself that two boys is cuter cos i can dress them in identical outfits and they can go around playing pranks like what my brothers did when they were young..

btw is anyone having one boy one girl? seems to be more rare than boy-boy and girl-girl twins hor..

Hi 76, i had already decided to bank with cordlife when i came across a brochure from the national cordblood bank. they actually don't accept donations from multiple pregnancies (twins, triplets etc).

feeling curious, i called them to ask why and they gave me 3 main reasons
1) for safety, they want the doctor to concentrate on delivering both babies
2) in the case of shared placenta, the smaller baby's life may be endangered.
3) finally, they want to avoid the possibility of mixing up the cordblood due to human negligence)

so i am still undecided if i should bank my babies' cordblood, cos i have two placentas so by right the second point doesn't apply de.. has anyone checked with their gynae on banking cordblood??

seejay
Oh, does it mean though i have twins, but only 1 placenta, there is only 1 cordblood that i can bank?

hooooo~ still sound quite complicated for me.. heeeeeee...

anyways.. tink most of u hvg twin boys.. im the only one with girls... hehe.. (next time they hv many bfs.. hahahaha)
i tink those 'pioneer' batch hv boy-girl twin..

I still don't know who is inside =) Hope on my detail scan (on 24th) can see!

On how many weeks you found out about gender of your babies?

Oh! at 14 weeks!
Two different doctors did scan for me, no one could see ) May be my babies want to make a surprise for us :-D

Hi Ladies,

My triplets have outgrown their carseats so am selling it off. Priority for triplets as well!

2549013.jpg

Set A, Set B, Set C

Set A has torn warning label, Set B has missing buckle cushion, Set C has missing instruction manual.

Item description: Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP Carseat 2007 (with base) - rear facing carseat
Date of purchase: Feb 2008
Condition: 5/10
Retail price: $399 each
Selling price: $ 1 each (am serious)

Self-collection only (Pandan Gardens); Car seat weighs about 4.5kg, base about 3kg

2549014.jpg

Car seat can attach to Peg Perego strollers to make a travel system as shown (not selling the stroller though )

2549015.jpg

Interested pls PM me by end of this week, if no takers will put it up in WTS section. Cheers!

Extracted from stemcord website:

When and how is cord blood collected?

Cord blood collection is a procedure that usually takes less than five minutes immediately after delivery and can be performed in utero or caesarean deliveries and for multiple births.

StemCord offers both the syringe or bag collection method, which gives your doctor a choice to use the method he or she prefers. With the syringe, the collection is similar to drawing blood for a blood test. After your baby is born and the cord has been clamped and cut, the blood will be drawn from the cord before it is discarded. The bag collection method is similar, except that only gravity is used to drain the cord blood into the collection bag. Everything your doctor needs is contained in the kit you receive upon enrollment.

oh..lefthander... yur babies are so adorable.. hehe..
haiyo.. buey tahan.... cuties!

thanks for the offer... haha.. $1.....

n thanks kel for the extract of the stemcord tingy.... :)

Hi 76, yup I think if there is only one placenta then there is only one sample of cord blood available for banking
happy.gif

oh only fat bobo is having two girls ah?!! so exciting! i found out the gender of one baby at wk 13 so we thought the second baby was a girl.. Then at week 17-18 the gynae said i was having two boys and it was confirmed during the detailed scan.. haha, luckily i didn't buy any girlie stuff cos i was very excited at having a baby girl to play with!

kel, thanks for the info! it's puzzling that both stemcord and cordlife quoted me the price for two babies without checking if i have one or two placentas.. i think i'll ask my gynae more when i go back for review
happy.gif

lefthander77, your triplets look so cute!! :'D

Annfresh
At week 12,when i did my Down syndrme test at NUH, the doc already suspected I got 2 boys.. then when i probed further and asked how he know, he din want to explain further. think he scared, guess wrongly, malu. then at week 16, my gynae at GlenE said saw something protruding, maybe boy... then at week 18, then confirmed 2 boys...hehehe...

seeJay,

If i remember correctly, if cordblood couldn't be extracted, they will fully refund u. Then if cordblood is extracted n they can't generate enough stem cells or something, then u only pay $600 admin(process) fee. Can't exactly remember the contract.

Anyway, cordblood extract from umblical cord and not placenta mah .... (from stemcord extract)

yes, cordblood extracted immediately after delivery. If you decide to keep cordblood, you have to sign up before they are born otherwise no more chance to store cos' the cord would have been discarded after delivery. You have to inform the gynae that u r storing cordblood and they will do the procedure.

Heehee.. all the while i thought cordblood comes from placenta X'D no wonder they didn't ask me about how many placentas i have *embarrassed*

Hi, Grace here... jus went kk this morning.. Doc said they are putting me as high risk cause two babies share one placentas... Anyone can advise.. Doc said alot of stuffs and that i will have to go back weekly for check... =( I need some advise

Hi Grace,

Firstly, having twins is already considered high risk pregnancy.

babies sharing a single placenta indeed increases the risk level but dun worry too much. Just dun exert yourself too much, minimize exercises, sleep more and eat your supplements. your gynae will monitor u regularly to make sure the babies are doing fine.

Hi Grace, at which term are u into now?
Ya... don't worry too much, keep your spirits high, talk to babies.. and have lots and lots of rest.

Me juz back from wk28 scan at NUH this mrng, bbs' weight still ok bah... 1110gm and 1066gm.
but.. are they too small to wk28? as at today, both heads down... but duno whr they will be moving agn.
next scan is 3 weeks latr at wk31.

morning fatbobo, e normal weight for bb at wk 28 should be ard 2.3 pounds/ a little over 1 kilograms and may measure 14.8 inches/ 38 centimeters from top to toe.

no worry.ur bbs are at normal weight. u can sign up at www.babycenter.com.sg they'll send u email wkly to update u
happy.gif

Fat Bobo!
It's really good that your babies heads down!!! Wish you they keep this position till delivery! Did you do any special exercise for that??

Hi Kel & Fatbobo, I am at my 8 weeks going 9... Haiz.. Doc said the bbies will not survive.. or have heart or brain issue.. or down symdrom.. Anyway when i go back again will ask the doctor again. Cause he said too many things...until i blur le

thanks lil queen..

annfresh.. haha.. no leh.. no special exercise leh. i tink really up to them at this point bah.. haha.. i oso duno.

grace, hv you tot of going for a 2nd opinion? as like check with another gynae or watever? the tings he said really too horrible le... (dun tink i can accept that too).... -.-
is it possible to call him and ask wat's his findings again? at least hv a clearer picture?
meanwhile, u pls take care.. eat healthy and ya.... yur bbs n u will be in my prayers...

jia you okie.

Hi fatBobo, ya, think that is a better option.. to seek for another gynae. =) it really affecting me since yesterday... then am on leave today to rest. =)

yep.. u rest well ok.

prolly u can ask few of the twin MTB here.. n get their gynae's contact. tink someone's at KK oso rite huh?

dun keep dwell on it.... try keep your spirits high high.. jia you.

Grace
I dun think i can take it too leh.. how come 8 weeks he can tell so many things meh? Some of us are having twins sharing 1 placenta....why he say so horrible things...

ya Grace, 8 wks.. the fetus really tiny, prolly juz a 'dot' or wat there? he can tell so many things meh?

yur doc hvg a bad day ystrday izit.

anyways.. i oni found out i was hvg identical twins at abt wk11. they're oso sharing a placenta in different sac.

like down syndrome or wat.. the fetus oso not fully formed at this stage, at least ard 11-13wks, measure the neck thickness or smting like that den can tell rite?

Hi fatBobo, mine is sharing one placenta.. need to go for check to ensure they have different sac... Next week, i am ask to go for blood test for down syndrome le... I dun know.. or KK trying to earn more money? I am confuse...

Back