(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

yanyan, I'm looking at Agape Little Uni at Jurong West. I went down to the centre to have a look...the place seems ok to me. I have a friend who sends her son there and she has pretty good feedback for this CCC.

Momoko, I wish I could enrol lil A into Mindchamps but too bad they are too far from me.

Hi all

Sharing my boy's development too!

Re: Teeth
@Celine: same as your darling my boy has 4 front on the top & bottom. aI also think His molars are coming out as he drooling alot and keep sticking his finger in.

Re: Speech
No worry, mine dont event say papa or mama at all. He only blabber alot which i'm anxious. Hopes he speak something soon!

Re: Childcare centre
The nearest child care near my place if My First Skool but its on waiting list. I got no transport to send him to better playschool as they are all too far..Hope can get space soon and all ok.

Walking
He's good with this and running and climbing everywhere now which is a headache for all at home cos its 24/7 monitoring in case he's into some mischief.

Re:Foood intake
He takes 2 soild meal per day and suddenly hates his milk. At times only 2-3 oz of milk. Money down the drain ah! Dont know why sudden milk strike again!

Teeth
My girl is struck with 4 teeth on top and 4 teeth below, since her 10th month too. Recently 4 big molors have erupted.

Speech
She likes to say double words. Like mama, papa, mei mei(pretty), kor kor, pah pah(scare), car car, su su (uncle), gai gai, pong pong(bathe). None double words are, gong (grandpa), goal(she saw soccer player on newsapaper she will say that), five (hi-five), no more, na(take), xie(shoe). She also baby talk and baby 'sing-song'.

Childcare centre
Not intending to send unless my mil not wanting to continue to take of her.

Milk intake
Not too sure. But will take 2 bottles of ebm 7oz each. She will latch morning and night. My supply have dropped 30% since stomache flu 1 month back. Trying very hard to increase by increasing pumping freq. No improving so far. Very sian, now thinking of supplementing with fm. I think once i take this step, my bfing will come to an end. Another approach is to take 1 week leave to stay at home to be a moo moo cow again. So will latch and pump. I think I am a bit crazy, my girl so big liao and I m still so concern about bf and low supply as if she is just 1 month old.

yanyan, when is Mindchamps promo ending? need to enroll my gal there....

back to my previous topic : pacifier

now my gal is still stuck with pigeon Step 0, and she refuse to use the longer one... my cousin told me that, long term wise, using the shorter one, tongue will not grow? and in future will be short-tongue?

Hi...Sorry..i delete the email le..i remember shld be in Mar itself..perhaps call and ask them?
I didnt hear of using shorter pacifier..tongue will not grow...

yanyan, thanks! its not applicable to tpy as classes are full... got to wait till nxt yr jan to enroll my gal there...

Ashley, ya lor, unless u dun mind the distance or take sch bus.
sad.gif

Cljl, did u ask them to put u on waiting list? When I check with TPY branch last yr, they told me they full till 2012. So I registered in Katong instead. But then actually I prefer the environment in Katong coz got open area, not fully enclosed like TPY.

Momoko, they told me that they will contact me in June for the class in 2012. Maybe will go down and ask them to put me on waiting list...

no choice to have her at tpy coz its convenient for my mil.

Was actually thinking about the my first skool at tpy... but my hubby fren's review not that gd thou...

cljl, the mindchamps school fees are fairly expensive no? Just wanted to understand what makes mummies want to invest over 1.5k on a preschool (full day fees). Interesting to get to know the rationale.

Cljl, icic, that time they offer me paragon branch instead coz I dun wan to wait. But I dun wan coz too far. Initially wanted TPY coz of location too, me got straight bus there
happy.gif
Now gotta drive her to Katong branch frm May onwards. No more sleeping in longer in the morning le ... Hiakz ... I hate having to drive ... But then my girl was really happy both times she go visit Katong branch. Hope my $$ n effort dun go to waste. Have u gone to visit TPY with ur bb?

Actually for this kind of "branded" school have to book bery early coz their places limited ... Teacher to student ratio at MC is 1:5 only.

eunice; i agree that its very ex thats y i hesitat...
We saw e development skills of 1 girl which my mil used to take care... she is now 3 and she speaks clearly, can differentiate colors, spell and others.. so my hub was quite impressed with that... furthermore, my mil is stayin at tpy so its easier for her to fetch my gal up n down from sch...

Momoko, actually i don't mind paragon as its near my hub wrkin place but he worry after he finish wrk and by the time he pick her up, its quite late.. so no choice lo... actually i prefer places with outdoor too but tpy don't have unless we choose my first skool...

yeap, we did visit the tpy branch and my gal was climbing up n down in the play gym.. seems having lots of fun..
think becoz of student ratio, its more ex.. saw their timetable with the list of activites, which are quite okay... music, drama, art etc... not too bad... was hesitant to book becoz of the price lo.. but classes start at Apr, so its kinda early as my gal is not yet 18 mth in Apr..

2 choices left is to either choose my first skool or wait for Jan 2012 class to start... in the meantime, my mil n fil will have to take care more kids lo... hahaha..

Cljl, ya, the principal at katong told me the higher pricing is mainly due to the teacher and student ration. I was also impress by the activities and enrichment that they have that's y I sign up. Coz if I bring her out for classes oso adds up A's much. Actually I like the fact that they have their own full padded gym. N their emphasis on Chinese and science. My girl hits 18 mths in mid Apr but I choose to start in may coz I wan her to finish her jabs first. ^^

Does ur hub finish wrk bery late? I rem they open till forgot 7 or 8 to cater for busy parents.

Momoko, their padded gym is not bad too... im quite impressed when they show mi a girl's portfolio where she learnt how to use the scissors... within 2 mths or so, she learnt how to cut almost a straight line..

now, we got no choice but to start in Jan nxt yr, but tis wil be quite taxing on my in laws coz gt to take care of alot of kids... meanwhile, can continue her GUG every sun lo...

he finish at 6 but he worried by the time reach hm is quite late althou its onli 3 stops away frm tpy...

now my gal immunity system stil not so gd.. so abit hesitant to start leh.. duno if its possible to start at other centre then transfer to tpy in jan nxt yr?

cljl: I see. Not sure if its worth you doing more research before you invest in an expensive pre-school and knowing your money will be well spent but here's a forum that has experiences from parents whose kids are at that school. i am a marketer by profession so I cannot agree more with what some of the parents here have talked about this school. it will be interesting to find out for example, what kind of teachers do they have in their school. student-teacher ratio cannot warrant them to increase their prices if that's how they choose to allocate the resources but even if they choose to, it should only be nominal cos its not as if they are allocating 6 kids to 1 teacher as compared to MCYS's guideline of 12-1. if they have very well qualified teachers and a very solid curriculum that's backed by a worldwide accredition, then i guess it gives them more reasons to charge premium. if they also engage local teachers of similar calibre with other pre-schools around, i will question why.

but this is only my two cents worth. every parent wants the best for their kids but for me, i will be cautious before spending so much expecting something in return and at the end of the day get disappointed hence careful consideration is necessary. afterall, constant changing of the child's pre-school is also not advisable especially for N1 onwards as every school has a particular teaching method that is inculcated into each child so if a change in pre-school needs to be done in future, the new pre-school will have to conduct similar methods of teaching as the old one or the child may lag a little while trying to pick up the new style. not to mention also socially, in the new environment, they have to start making friends all over again.

one last thing, every child is born with a certain talent or ability to learn. however, each child's ability to learn is also different. there are kids who are extremely smart that even in an average environment, they excel. and there are also those who are easily distracted and has attention issues for example who even in the best schools, learn nothing.

i am sure mindchamps is an equally good centre, just not sure if the prices they charge justifies the service levels and competencies that they have.

Cljl, u at GUG too? Which branch n class? Mine stopping GUG after this term.

I tink if u start at other branch cannot change lidat leh coz diff principal n teachers ma. I rem they mention to me cannot coz initially I wanted to do this too.

Eunice, thanks for your suggestion... will definitely need to re-think as 2nd one is coming soon... thanks again!

Momoko, yeap.. just signed her at UE, every sun 2pm... her 2nd lesson last wk...

How come stop?

hmm.. then gt to re-think again lo...

Hi Momoko

You registered your girl in MC katong? I just enquiry abt that place too...but they haven get back to me. My boy also born in Nov. How much is the fee per mth?

Mummies, just a quick question.

My friend (from ad agency) is looking for a new mummy (with a young toddler / baby) to interview regarding sex after baby. This is research work for a client in a contraceptive brand. You will be reimbursed with $50 after the one-hour interview.

They can come to your house or meet you anywhere that's convenient for you. She just need one mummy. Interested? PM me please. Thanks!

Manunited, when I registered was $1480 b4 working mother subsidy if I rem correctly. That time last year when I sign up, the principal told me mine was last place in the PG le unless they decide to increase n add in another teacher. Maybe that's y they haben revert to u.

Cljl, coz her classes in MC starting in May, so GUG can stop le lor, scare overload her since MC already include enrichment.

Hi Shers,

Celine is right, you can try mee sua cos its really easy to cook. Put ikan bilis and boil with water as soup base. Then drop mee sua in. If you want can also put in finely chopped carrot bits or brocolli into the soup. But must make sure you boil the vege long enough so it's soft for them as I noticed my son ( so used to the soft millet that I make for him )sometimes just swallow only never chew if I didnt remind him to.
As for pasta, I get the mini ABC pasta from this Organic shop called Four Seasons. Bring to boil till pasta is soft, drain water from pot, then just add the Peter Pan pasta sauce for kids.

Good luck!

Hi Celine/ eastgal,

Thx for e reply. Where to buy the Peter pan pasta sauce?
I hvn't let him try mee sua. Btw, nid throw away e water after mee sua soften?

Momoko, oh ic... ya agree that MC has those enrichment that GUG provides...

will there be stages that children rejects food? recently, my gal reject fd again.. her food intake only half then i give her milk and she finish all.... waste all my pasta n porridge...

cljl,
I thk so. It happens that I tried to introduce rice to my son a few weeks back, but thk he was sprouting molars for that few days. He was cranky, refused his usual cereal too. But was ok for porridge (half bowl than usual) and bread. I heard bread was soothing to the gums.
Only that few days, now back to normal and we intro rice last nite.
he dun like watermelon or avocado so far...maybe of the weird taste/texture.

kimifin, thanks! i also started to intro her to rice, 1st day she eat, 2nd day half, 3rd not even a spoon, then back to porridge, only half her intake... then after that rice again... she eats... but duno isit depends on the gravy i give her... haiz... quite a fussy eater...

but she likes breads.. keep on asking for bread... so as and when we give her bread...

so far no molars for her yet...

Hi Shers,

Can get PeterPan organic pasta sauce from four seasons (FS) also.
Mee sua, normally i will wash with running water one ot 2 times before cooking as worried too salty. But the organic one that i got from FS is not salty at all.

Hello!

been so long since i posted,

Re: Teeth
My boy has been sprouting teeth like nobody's biz, can see the molars coming out, he keeps wanting to bite me and hubby.
sad.gif

Re: Speech:
i suppose my boy is the most talkative, he can say anything and everything and even make up his own songs. he knows how to sing "ba ba black sheep", "elmo song" and the alphabet song up to g as well as first 2 lines of twinkle twinkle little star. i suppose all kids are different so don worry.

Milk/ food
Still bf-ing by latching, he only drinks about 300ml of fm a day. hope he will drink more. i also feel his food intake is very little. weighing only about 10.5kg now hubby tells me it's in our genes.

CC
Prob gg to send him in may also when he turns 18 months

Hi mummies,

Sorry to interrrupt !
Anyone of u hv 400g Gain IQ to sell ?
Budget is $8-$10/tin.
If yes, can PM me the expiry date, best price & which mrt to collect these few days ?
Thks !

MM6J, lil JO is so smart! He can say "Umbrella" too! hahah....

The other night I was quite happy when my girl started to do the zoophonics action from Ally Aligator till Fancy Fish. But after that she doesn't wanna do the actions again when I ask.

Overall my girl is slow in the speech department. Could be due to her best buddy - the pacifier
sad.gif

Hi mummies! Can i chEck whether do u all use metal spoon to feed the little one? I know that we should use plastic spoon, but i cannot remember the exact reason. Can anyone enlighten me?

I thk bb is changing at a pace I can't keep up with.
Now he is particular abt his food. Prefer to eat our share of meals rather than his food. If daddy or someone else feed him, much easier than me!
Anyone got such experience to share?

He fell from sofa jus now n got a big bump at the bk of the head! Anything I shd do? He cry for abt 10 mins. N now every little pain he make a lot of noise.

mm6j,
Ur boy is really smart, now can say so many words. Did u use any special method to teach him?

blessedcyn,
I'm also using metal spoon to feed my boy cause plastic spoon got a lot of scratches and somehow there's permanent stain. Metal spoon should be alright bah since we are also using them.

kimifin,
Can use hot towel to massage his bump. Do monitor his condition cause knock at the back is quite serious.

Hi mummies,

Been a long time since I came in here. Some updates about my girl.

Teeth:
Can see her molars coming out. She even tried to bite my dog. It was so funny seeing her face when she realised the dog is too furry to bite.

Speech:
Can call my dog puppy, likes to say "ben dan", always bites me then say pain pain. Likes old macdonald had a farm and always ask me to on the vid on my phone by saying e i e i o.

Milk/food
Drinks about 500 mls a day. Latch on when I'm at home and partial breastfed when i'm at work. No idea why but she likes to chew and then spit. any mummies got this problem?

I have been using metal spoon ever since 8mths old coz easier to feed due to the shape. Also coz duno who lost the combi one for me =( juz disappeared in the house one day.

RE: Metal spoon
Once in a while, I use metal spoon to feed.

RE: Speech
Can request songs "Row 3x" for "Row your boat", "Meenie 2x" for "Eenie Meenie Miney Moe".

Can say quite a few words: Bird, Bread, Wower (Flower), Nana (Banana), Apple, Dirty, 'pen (Open), Wolf, Three, 'Sudah' (Done), 'Mau' (Want), No.

Re : metal spoon
Already started giving her food using metal spoon when she wats food when we r eating.
But if we are feeding her meals/porridge then will use her own plastic spoons.

Re : teeth
She already hv quite a no of teeth now (abt 8 or more teeth)
She likes to bite quite some time back & I saw 1 molar below already out some time back. Didnt check her top molar....;p

Re : food/milk
My bb still drink abt 660ml FM/day with 3 main meals/solids. Usually porridge for lunch & dinner abt 150-180ml each time.
Is solids enough/too little for her age ?

Re : weight
My bb is usually only within 20-30 percentile weight as both her parents are skinny....so she only weigh abt 8.9kg....;p
Think she might be the smallest & skinnest bb here.....;p

my son also teething his molars now, 2 of them, plus one more front teeth on the bottom. sigh, 3 at the same time, very very grouchy these few days. little bit cry. appetite also erratic... hope all the teeth come out soon.

by the way, i am hoping to change his feeding schedule so he can slowly phase in to the same schedule as the cc. i plan to send him to the same one as his sister once he reaches 20mths (another 4 mths more). at the moment, his old schedule is as follows, any mummies care to share your baby's schedule?

7.30am to 8.00am - wakes up and drinks 180ml milk
8.30am - Bath
9.00am - Breakfast (bread or yogurt with fruits or cream crackers)
10.00am - Short nap
11.30am - Wake up
12.00pm - Drinks 210ml milk
1.30pm - Lunch (porridge, pasta or kuay teow soup)
3.30pm - Nap
5.30pm - Wake up and drinks 120ml milk
7.30pm - Dinner
9.30pm - 10.00pm - Drinks 120ml milk and bedtime

Seems like a very busy schedule huh? Problem with him is he cannot down anymore than 210ml milk, that's why i need to split his milk feeds up so many times in a day, quite a hassle. I am hoping to reduce his nap to once day though, cos sometimes, when he naps a little later in the afternoon, he wakes around 6pm and won't sleep until about 11pm. Faint.

Anyone only let their 16mth old nap once a day?

Both my children uses metal spoon once they started on solid. Not much issue. I only know that taking honey cannot use metal spoon. Just introduce honey to my girl recently. I find honey very good for immunity. Especially those with UMF. Very ex though.

Eunice, yup my gal naps once a day since Feb when she is 14 months that time. She nap at most 2.5hours.

Sakura,
my son quite similar to your kid...
Banana, keep asking him to say ba-nana, but he still say nana.
papa as in papaya,
can also say door, dog, doll (all sound the same but he got point)
close (to close the water bottle cap)
two and ten

Eunice, my son now naps 1 a day (2hrs) cos of the cc routine. if weekends, he can nap 1 time, 2.5 to 3 hours.

Eunice,

My son only naps once a day too. I tink its also due to the fact the he sleeps in late and only wakes up at about 9:30am when hubby and I leave for work.
HIs routine is as follows:
9:30am or 10am 210ml milk followed by bread
10am to 12pm TV and play time
12pm Bathtime
1pm Lunch porridge then play a while and have some fruits
2pm - 5pm Nap time
5pm to 6pm PLay again
6pm Bath time again
7pm Dinner ( Rice or porridge or mee sua or pasta)
8pm Fruit again
8pm to 10pm We back from work so will spend time with him
10:30pm Wash up/ Change PJ and Nap till next morning 9am.

My son's molars and incisors are out so he has 16 teeth in total now. He is a slow speaker, making alot of sounds but not anything we can understand.

Currently, depending on what time he wakes up, he will have 1 or 2 naps. If its before 8.30am, I will force him to take his morning nap or else the morning will be too long and torturous for me.

His schedule is:

8 to 8.30am: Wake up, drinks 210ml milk
9am: Go playground
9.30am: Bathe and have breakfast, sometimes bread or whatever stuff we have at home. Cartoon time
10.30am: Nap
12pm: Lunch
12.30pm: Go out for a walk, playtime, go shopping, try hard not to stay at home
3pm: 210ml milk, Nap
5pm: Yoghurt / fruits
6pm: Dinner
6.30pm: TV, play around, go for short walk dwnstairs
9pm: Bathe, drink cod liver oil, 210ml milk then sleep

His schedule can be flexible, sometimes he sleeps till 10am. Sometimes if we are out he will just shift nap time and milk time around. Food wise is alot more relax now, we just let him eat whatever we are eating as long as not too oily and not too salty.

Wow, it seem everyone's darling is drinking quite a bit of miilk. My only takes 4oz milk recently and refused to drink at times. Sigh...he's getting skinny.

His speech also slow. He's not talking leh. Only make lots of noise. Cant even call Papa or Mama. Getting worried oh.

hello everyone!!!
can't rem when's the last time i posted here! :p

my gal is turning 1y5m soon.
she's attending full day infant care and taking 2 bottles of 4oz ebm during day time and latch on at home.

realised she's not interested with solid food at home. maybe tt's why she's still so skinny.

my gal also still on bb language.

Back