(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

hello!

hows the weekend for everyone?
tom mon hor but i no mon blues cuz i not working tom...haha

taurus, hope ur boy's ok by now...

tearss, i'm still going easy on feeding my gal with cereals...juz one feed a day...so far not much changes to her sleeping pattern...

chris, u and shihui can decide la since u both are organiser and coordinator lor...if have koi of cuz good, if not, i can always satisfying my cravings during the weekends
happy.gif

momo mummy, luckily perth is a "slow paced" place la...so at least u all can relax there lor...hope lucas's rashes are better now

peace, congrats
happy.gif
some gynaes dun recommend u to continue bfing as it might drain away the nutrients tha are meant to be for the foetus lor... but i do have frens who bfed till she's like 5 mths preggy before she stopped...

bidosoh, dun worry...my gal also very slow la...i'm juz letting her take her own pace la...no pt hurrying cuz by 2 yrs old, they will all be the same
happy.gif

<font color="ff0000">Hi sorry to interupt
I have the following brand new items for sale
- Boots milkbag x 4 at $10 each(3 in original box, 1 no box but in original sealed plastic bag)
- Blue egg milkbag x 1 at $7 each
- Pigeon nappy cloth x 2 pkts(10 pcs per pkt) softest nappy cloth as compared to other brands, usual price is $25.90 . Selling at $12 per pkt only
- 102 loose pcs of Pigeon disposable breast pads at $0.15 each
- Fisher Price rainforest open top take along swing at $78 (usual price is $199) It has very slight crack at the holders but it does not affect swing operation in any way. Used less than 5 times only
- BN Fisher Price Brilliant First Cot mobile at $28 (usual price is $59.90)
- Used Fisher price rainforest cot mobile at $40. Condition 9.5/10 Still have original box (Usual price is $99)
- Preloved Sophie the Giraffe at $8 (used less than 10 times)
All the above prices are for self collection at pioneer mrt and are BRAND NEW unless otherwise stated. For postage costs, will advise accordingly. If interested, please let me know at [email protected]. Thanks</font>

heehee, i hv been a silent reader but decided to post cos i saw peace and carol's posts. heehee. wanna kaypo a bit.

Peace, it's really not advisable to bf when preg cos when we bf, there will be hormones secreted and those hormones helps to contract the womb. that is why for bf mummies, our wombs contract back to normal size very fast. so, if you preg and continue to bf, the womb will go into contraction and that may cause miscarriage or pre term labour. so, for the sake of the new baby, it's beta to stop bf.

your baby is already 6 mths liao rt? you have already done a good job giving him the most impt 6 mths of bmilk. actually a doc told me that after 6 mths, baby's immune system is already up. so bmilk has no significant impact on baby's health. normal fmilk is sufficient enough.He also said that researches has shown that there is no significant difference to health between fmilk and bmilk when baby is above 6 mths. it's more crucial for baby to get bmilk for the first 6 mths. that is why the FDA recommend bf till 6 mths only. of cos if can bf is better but for your situation now, stop bf is better.

Nature is wonderful. when you are preg, the hormones changes the taste of the milk. so that your baby will not want the milk anymore. this is nature's way of protecting the unborn baby as well. so, instead of having to have prob introducing fmilk to your baby now, might as well give fmilk now and you still can buy time by still giving a little bmilk. rather than in later stage of preg, milk taste change and you intro fmilk abruptly then is more difficult rt?

Carol, doc prescribed charcoal for my LS when i was bfing. i was also given charcoal when i was preg. so i guess it shd be safe. well, i din take the medicine cos din want to affect anything. I had bad LS that time and i endured without medicine. after 8 or 10 LS, it finally stopped. but in the process, i took ribena for glucose.

The gathering sounds very pro lei! chris and shihui from the event industry?

by the way, just wanna ask, do you give baby pillow to lie on? i haven been giving and recently i notice my baby likes to sleep on his side. i was thinking of giving pillow cos am worried it may affect the spine cos not straight without the pillow. any comments on this?

also, my baby now already 6 mths 1 week but still dunno how to flip!!!!! then he has been coughing lightly for 2 weeks liao. so we postponed the 6 in 1 for 2 weeks. sian lei i dunno what to do now!

hi rachelle!

peace, congrats on your pregnancy. don't worry too much. i agree with rachelle, you have already breastfed for the first 6 months and it is an achievement liao. concentrate on taking care of yourself and foetus now.

bidosoh, my bb same. slow slow also. can't sit without support too. recently improved a bit. like maybe 5 seconds on her own then it's free fall liao. keke.

sorry chris, swanston, busy for 2 weeks cos kena hfmd, tml i transfer the money can? then PM or what's your email?

Rachelle, your baby has any red/brown colouration on his lower eye? I.e. the eye bag area. If yes, perhaps abit allergy. I noticed my boy has that when he is only 7 months old. I din know that its allergy. Until at 1+ years old, after a flu/cold his allergy symtoms showed and til now he is still allergy.

BTW, i heard some babies don't crawl. Just went straight to walking . Don't know how they do it. Perhaps walker. But its not good to introduce walker early. Must be at least 9 months. Else they may have bow legs. My boy loves to stand. He kept standing and refuse to sit down once he had acquired the skill. He has bow legs. Luckily after 4 years old, his legs are normalise.

sporty, from fb, lil M sits well. So much better than lil H.

MBJ, 5s is better than my gal lor.

Funne, ya we tend to compare and then become worry. At least now I know that lil H development is ok.

finally done with the packing of the party packs...

rachelle, u joining us for the gathering? so far i haven let my gal lie on any pillow yet, juz let her sleep on a folded nappy... think better to let ur boy's cough subside before u bring him for the 6 in 1! hope he gets well soon!

mbj, how are u? still surviving?

bidosoh, my gal can sit with support la...if w/o support, she will fall lor...hahah... think best is not to compare cuz by 2 yrs old...all the development shd be abt the same liao...

Rachelle, thanx for answering my qn!
Tot I remember someone mentioned charcoal is safe...anyway, I also try to tahan as I hope it will stop soon thou 8x liao as I haven taken any medicine during preg &amp; so far in my bfing journey...

yah, was wondering too if Chris used to be an events organizer ;p

Think I'm the only mum who dun mind bb not crawling or walking yet. Oredie so bz now that she can maneovre herself &amp; grabbing eveything within her reach!

Morning all,

sigh,, bb running nose recover a week ago, but now came back with cough again. Both me n hub also got flu

Anyway, rem I wana wean bb off cos he was too dependent on latch-to-sleep? I am still not able to, cos bb cry and sick, wana keep him secure and sleep, so can only latch him to sleep.

I gave him cerelac brown rice, he dun like it...

anyone knws which retail store I can buy happy bellies? Heard Terminal 3 has, where?

<font color="119911">myboyjovan</font>, you can transfer to POSB Savings 037-68465-1. indicate your nick ya! $15 per pax. hope everyone is ok liao.
happy.gif

Kimifin, can go to Vitakid at Paragon or United Sq for happy bellies stuff.

My girl tried happy belliies cereal and she doesn't like it. Luckily I bought 1 tin to try out,if not really waste money. The whole tin still lying intact on the table. My girl prefers healthy times cereal.

I tried both and I also like the taste of healthy times.

Morning mummies!

My baby is having diarrhea ever since I fed her apple puree. She passed loose, watery stools about 5 or 6 times a day on the 2nd day of eating apple puree
sad.gif
I have stopped feeding her that ever since. Her stools are quite acidic as her bum was red and sore...really heartpain!

Bidosoh, my baby sometimes seem to have a bit of redness in her eye bags...does it mean she is allergic to something? So far she only consume FM, water, carrots, potatoes and apples.

Also, how did your boy 'recover' from bow legs? Did he undergo psysiotherapy?

My baby is also very slow in her development. She is coming to 7 months this week but still cannot flip! Really break record liao.

thanks tanly.
But I find bb get hungry v v easily taking H Bellies, duno why.

Now he is taking H Times at nanny's place. I find the cereal kinda flaky...is it easy to be smooth after mixing with water?

I duno if cos I took honey water a few times last week, then b got cough.

Anyone got idea? so sian to see bb sick...

June Gathering Details

Venue: Club ITE, 10 Dover Drive, S138683
Cost: $15 per pax
Date: 6th JUNE 2010
Time: 1pm-3pm

Programme:
1pm-1.15pm:
Guests arrive, Mingle a bit and Vote for Babies

1.15- 2.00pm:
Welcome Address and Intro (Chris)
Protecting your Baby (Momo_mummy Gets Serious and Mean Business)
Parenting Quiz (win pressies!)
(to makan while doing all these)

2.00pm-2.45pm:
Ice-breaker Games (only mummies and babies)
Let the Men Sweat
(Daddies to interact between themselves --- Play Wii, run on the treadmill or play pool. Team ball games like basketball and table-tennis are also available. The less active can read magazines or throw darts. There is Mahjong too! But must be “healthy” and “non-violent” lah..haha)

2.45pm-3.00pm:
Announcement of winners for Baby Photo Contest

3.00pm : So long, Farewell!

Baby Photo Contest
1. Cheeky Monkey
Baby in his/her cheekiest antics

2. Smile Baby Smile
Cutest, happiest toothless smile

3. Yummiest Baby
All those wobbly flesh… *pinch pinch*

4. Fashionista Diva
Lovely! Charming! Handsome! Chic! Babies all dressed up…

5. Ice Ice Baby
One word. “Cool!”

Interested, please send me your baby photos (not too big file sizes pls) and indicate the category u would like tp participate in. No limits to number of categories. A category with less than 3 entries will be cancelled.

All mummies going, pls email me the following info:

Nick:
1. Name of Mummy
2. Name of Daddy
3. Name of Baby
4. Name of kiddo (if any)
5. Car plate number (for security clearance)
(if i dun get your plate number, the security will not let u in..very strict on weekends!)

my email : [email protected] or PM me

kimifin, I find that Healthy Times dissolves in water very quickly and it's definitely very smooth after mixing with water. I perfer this to Nestle Cerelac.

1. chris -- 1A+ Lil L
2. swanston -- 2A + lil xy
3. Ashley -- 2A+ Lil A (details sent)
4. Blessedcyn -- 2A+ Lil R
5. Cass -- 2A + Lil K (details and photos sent)
6. sporty -- 2A + Lil A &amp; M
7. Shirlin -- 1A + Lil L
8. Mitsy -- 2A+ Lil T
9. mm6j -- 2A + Lil JO
10. FieDa -- 2A + Lil R (details and photos sent)
11. sponge -- 2A + Lil A &amp; J
12.zentan -- 2A + Lil A &amp; A
13. dingdong -- 2A + Lil C
14. ayukie - 2A + Lil E
15. Raerae -2A + Lil R
16. DevLina - 2A + Lil E
17. ariesgal - 2A + Lil A
18. stmama - 2A + Lil S &amp; A
19. Jazz - 2A + Lil K
20. Shihui- 2A + kiddy PH + bb PY
21. Liciafwy - 2A + lil N &amp; N
22. Rue - 2A + Lil C
23. myboyjovan - 1A + bb
24. Pei Pei - 2AA + bb C
25. Jamie -
26. 1sttimemummy - 2A + Lil A
27. Ardenz - 2A + Lil A
28. lemontee - 2A + kiddo Jx + bb JH

Ashely, hmm, i din get to feed bb HT myself.

Any Seng Kang mummies who went to Kidslink-Dr Vanessa Tan, can tell me about the Q in the evening?

If go at 630pm sharp, also need to queue for hours ?

Sorry mummies, will be updating now and then so pls bear with me for the long posts..

Not really an events organizer lah.. I'm in communications now.. while i do publications mainly, there are some events too... but guess coz i organized youth camps last time.. still, one for babies is a first.. I just hope everything will go smoothly and u mummies and babies will have lotsa fun!

Kimifin, agree with Ashley. HT cereal is rather smooth.

Chris, can I still join in for the June gathering? But can only confirm by this weekend. Hubby still seeing his work schedule to decide if we r going back to Malacca. If not going back to Malacca, we will want to go for the gathering.

bidosoh, my boy dun have the colouration at his eyes. oh, so that's the way to spot allergy!! but then if baby still ob TBF, will get allergy? tot they will start to have allergy when they start solids.

talking abt solids, will only start him when he 6 mth 2 weeks. hahahah cos i sch hol, can stay at home and do the stuff for him. i'm so excited yet nervous abt it. first time mah! anyone bought the brown rice powder from the chinese medicine hall? my mum said they add those bao sheng into the powder and cost $35 per kg. so ex!!

sporty, i cant join for the gathering cos got something on that day
sad.gif
some family affairs. but hor, if last min wanna go, what's the last day to cfm?

Cant let baby use walker? oppss i just rented this bright star go around activity station for my boy. he can walk round and round the station. seems to enjoy so much! i think renting toy is good. can save money and space too!!!

chris
I don't mind themong posts on the gathering coz it's amking me very excited..hehe will email you the details tonight ya.

swanston
I'll transfer to you on fieda's behalf
happy.gif

Dear gathering-go-ers, in addition to other info, pls also PM/email me your
1. Mobile numbers
2. Baby's DOB

This is info required by the milk company.. free milk!
happy.gif

Tanly, okie, let me know by end of this week ya.. and then if u r going, got to chope chope transfer swanston $ and email me details k..
happy.gif

Rachelle, the same applies for u..
happy.gif

<font color="119911">cass, devlina</font>, got ur transfers. thanks!
happy.gif

<font color="119911">fieda</font>, i dun have uob a/c. if din remember wrongly chris have.

<font color="119911">chris</font>, wana share ur uob a/c for them to transfer to u as well?

Ashley,
Think is better not to introduce fruits first as fruits are quite acidic. Go with vege first. Dingdong also mentioned her girl got LS after consuming apple puree.

Bidosoh,
I thought redness in the eye bag is lack of sleep. So is a sign of allergy.

tanly,
i tried "gong cha" yesterday &amp; i like it. Thanks. Each a cup &amp; whatever rubbish sweettalk can stand aside now.

chris
yeah yeah ...very excited
happy.gif

some wacko came &amp; asked me technical stuffs while i was typing the post out &amp; made me very nervous hee

swanston
Have trf-ed feida's share to you. Trans ref is: 2894139128

taurus, yeah think I will stick to vege and grains for now.

Bidosoh, when we meet for Gymboree next week, can help me look at my baby's eyes and see if she has allergy? hehe...

ashley
Fieda &amp; myself brought our babies for th Level II alread yyesterday. Not bad ...we get to play the "baby's gym" equipment. I personally felt that it's more for babies who are able to crawl quite well.
With that said, a friend of mine saw the level I gymboree pics I posted on FB &amp; he enrolled his son. After 2 lessons in Level II, his son can leopard crawl quite fast. He was in the class yesterday
happy.gif

All mummies going for 6th June gathering (or intend to but unsure), pls email me the following info:

Nick:
1. FULL Name of Mummy
2. Name of Daddy
3. Name of Baby
4. Name of kiddo (if any)
5. Car plate number (for security clearance)
(if i dun get your plate number, the security will not let u in..very strict on weekends!)
6. DOB of baby:
7. Mobile number:

my email : [email protected] or PM me!

Regarding milk samples:

I suggest we can do a big exchange that day since our babies only take one brand.. so do go ahead and ask for free samples from other brands and you can exchange with other mummies k...

Rue
I only know of one branch: compasspoint.

ashley
no prob baby! the class is more fun coz they've got more activities. the gym equipment more beneficial for bbs who can crawl well
happy.gif
you'll definitely have fun!

taurus
so sorry...just read back the posts. I realised i missed one of your ques. I booked Ritz at $350 for the Marina Bay view (please note that this is booked under corporate rate)...and they do provide cot.

Ashley I asked my PD about my bb's eye rings and he said it's sensitive nose. No red, like dark eye rings. Means will sneeze easily or get runny nose easily though not ill. No specific triggers, just the air etc. Esp got family history, cos my hb also same.

And hor I read that apples supposed to stop loose stools leh. Apparently docs prescribe diet of apples n bananas for people with diarhoea.. And once start semi solids poo will be more acidic whatever they eat. My bb who never had nappy rash also got red bum recently : (

Devlina what's level II? Do u know the age?

Regarding milk samples:

I'll bring NAN, Similac &amp; Dumex to exchange for enfa. Do look out for me if you want these.
happy.gif

taurus
hey no prob. Most hotels do..when you call to make booking, request for it.

nvfm
It's Level 2. 6mths onwards, so they said. But I think it's more appropriate for 8mths onwards.

swanston and chris, I have to drop out from the gathering cos hubby got some company family event on the same day.... will join at the next one instead..... pai seh....

Back