(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Lucky3
Nva give up. I'm sure that's wat our angels wants for us and they will bless us from above. Our angels would want us to stay happy and move on with our lives. This bb is another miracle after ard 2 yrs of trying thanks to my PCOS. I can't help feeling very skeptical for this pregnancy esp I worried my CMV may turn reactive during the pregnancy again but my gynae actually make me go for all sorts of tests and check up every 2 weeks to ease my mind. But of coz, the minus point is that this is burning a big hole in my pocket.

Ayukie
Dun worry too much abt the size. Could be bb was curl up at point of scan. My last check up 3 weeks back, gynae say bb too small, I lost weight then too due to my terrible MS. Today, went for my check-up, gynae told me bb seems abit too big tis time =.="

maybe my punggol nasi lemak supper last nite which miracle did not land in the toilet bowl helped abit. Hahahaha.

Now no appetite to eat again coz the heart burn is pretty bad again, throat burning arghhhhhhh!

ladies, the updated file for today.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>
mime_msexcel.gif

NOV09_MTBs.xls (41.5 k)</td></tr></table></center>

Swanston,
Thanks for update the file
happy.gif

Here the unagi recipe, do try
happy.gif

Grill Eel (Unagi)
Sauce:
3/4 cup soya sauce
1/2 tbsp mirin
1/2 tbsp sake
100gm+2 tbsp sugar

When buying live eel, they will help you to debone.

1) Clean and cut fresh into one hand lenght
2) Sprinkle with salt
3) Put the sauce in a pot and boil for 2mins, until sugar melt
4) Thread the eel piece with satay stick and dip in the cook sauce
5) Cook eel on hot grill 7-8 mins, brushing frequently with the sauce and turn over grill until both side is brown.

Done yummy unagi!

Can buy live eel at Chinatown wet market or
Khai Seng Trading &amp; Fish Farm (www.khaiseng.com.sg) 181 Neo Tiew Road Tel:67937789

i like the japanese pickled ginger (gari)

if anyone keen to learn ,i can share the recipe..easy to do.

Next mth i plan to made 'red rice wine' my hubby like it when i cook it with chicken..
can also cook during confinement

Hi ladies

I was on MC today coz I went for my check-up. Bb is looking good. Will post pic when Hub pass to me later ya. Bb's @ 11w5d measured @ 5.26cm. Doc is happy with the size &amp; he's glad that bb is very active..hehe. BB kept moving when we scanned. It's nice to see bb again.
Spoke to gyane abt OSCAR test...he said it's optional. Discussed wit Hub &amp; he said that he don't wish for me to take the test. Saying that no matter what is the outcome, he wants the bb. Awww....my heart felt so warm after hearing that.

So ladies, do have a good talk with your Hub ya.

Swanston, can you please update for me... Thks
Confirmed EDD : 15 Nov
Gynae: Dr Yu Su Ling
Hospital: SGH

Just went for my check-up today. Bb @ 11wks5 days is 4.5cm, quite small as compared to DevLina. Also my gynae said that I had a fibroid about 3.3cm at the front, but nothing to worry about as it will get smaller when the bb grows bigger. Anyone having any pelvic pain? I'm having pelvic pain on &amp; off. Not sure if it is related to the fibroid. Forgot to check with my gynae today.

Pelvic pain as in like cramp cramp pulling feeling like that?? Then sometimes like pull till so tight that you cannot move? If its this, I have it. Comes on and off. My gynae told me it could be coz bb moving inside.

imagine pelvic pain like bone rubbing against bone. your ligaments are loosening during pregnancy coz your body produces relaxin hormone, therefore you joints are a bit out of place. So when you stretch too much or squat too long, it could cause you more pain. Note, it's not just your backside pain any part of your joints are prone to these aches.

Amylim, Pelvic pain is not affected by fibroid.

morning all MTB,
i am going for 2nd opinion n it wil b RH (Dr Tony Tan) tmr 12noon...wil c wat d doc say n c how...wish me luck!!!i did talk to bb tis few days to ask bb to b good n grow up healthily n i wish to keep bb...i tink bb can listen!!!

amylim
dun wori abt the size of the bb...will catch up soon enough coz 2nd trimester is coming liao
happy.gif

Oh the fibroid will go away soon too.

jeelo
hi dear..long time din hear from you

morning ladies! i was sooooooooooo extremely tired yesterday. Collasped in bed right after reaching home from work (I did not even work late) and slept for 2 hours. 2 hours later, went to bed again and slept till this morning. SO TIRED! haha.

oh ladies, i found out that we CANNOT eat BARLEY. I thought it should be harmless since most of us grew up drinking lots of barley water... then that day.. I was researching, then found out that over consumption of barley is extremely bad for the pregnancy. To be save, stay away from barley.

hi! morning!!

I should be nearing 12 wks liao. I am experiencing even worse MS now than before.. before i have MS whole day and no appetite.. but still can eat.. just feel uncomfortable.. but since yesterday.. i will still eat.. but i have an urge to puke.. and puked. I thought that nearing 12 wks, the MS will be lesser.

And if i wake up at night to go go toilet.. i will need some time again to fall asleep..

good morning mummies
happy.gif

mamapig,
is it true abt barley? i did drink barley water! plus chrysanthemum, weather is hot.

devlina,
its me!!! didn't see you yesterday afternoon at forum. it's so good to see the baby yah...i have not seen baby for a long time, waiting for my next week appt.

chenmama,
can you share the recipe for the red rice wine? it taste so good!! nowadays seldom ppl know how to make it.

reenie, my sis showed me this chinese website. top 10 things not to eat and barley is number 2! Just drink water for now ... stay away from barley.

according to the chinese (tmc) site, these food, if consumed too much, may harm the bb:

1. crabs, especially claws
2. barley
3. 甲鱼
4. 马齿苋
5. canned food, msg
6. spinach
7. 山楂
8. pork liver
9. very old potatoes
10. longan, lychee
11. do not take too much guava if you have low blood count
12. water melon - not more than 250g a day
13.alcohol

sweetie, all the best!!!

i'm at wk 10 now.. still have to wait for 2 more wks for the next scan.. wonder how's my little one doing..

i think i'll do w/o oscar test also.. unless my gynae insist..

薏米:是一种药食同源之物,中医认为其质滑利。

药理实验证明,薏仁对子宫平滑肌有兴奋作用,可促使子宫收缩,因而有诱发流产的可能.

饮酒:

研究表明,孕妇饮酒是造成婴儿畸形和智力迟钝的重要原因。这是因为任何微量酒精都可以毫无阻挡地通过胎盘而进入胎儿体内,使得胎儿体内的酒精浓度和母体内酒精浓度一样。法国医学博士曾对127名有饮酒癖的妇女所生的孩子进行观察,发现他们都有共向的缺陷:单眼皮,即使双眼皮也不明显,鼻子扁平,内侧眼角眼皮外翻,脸蛋扁平且窄小,鼻沟模糊,上嘴唇薄且紧,下巴短。这种受酒精毒害、面部发育不健全的孩子约占饮酒母亲所生孩子的1/3。更为严重的是酒精对大脑和心脏的危害,孕妇饮酒导致婴儿患心脏病的约占30%。孕妇饮酒过多,生下的孩子不久就夭折的屡见不鲜.对死婴的解剖结果表明,其大脑不仅小于正常儿,而且脑发育不全或呈明显畸形状态。不少国家曾对胎儿期受酒精毒害的儿童进行智力测验,发现他们的智商都低于一般水平,大多数表现为反应迟钝、智力低下或者白痴。

mamapig,
thanks for sharing! i will take note of barley from nowonwards.

as for spinach, it supposed to do more good than harm right? because it provides iron from the greeny leafy.

i have not been eating pineapple, watermelon too. because it is suppose to be cooling fruits, so i avoid them in 1st trimester
happy.gif

Hi all, hope everyone is recovering from MS.

Just did my scan last week at 11 wks 5 days. BB heartbeat is 160 and crown to rump is 5.57cm. Can see bb flickering heartbeat and fingers. BB jumped twice during the scan and I didn't feel it. :D

the scan below. can see bb doing a salute
happy.gif

oh uh ... been taking barley, chrysanthemum and waterchestnut with cane pretty often coz gynae say can take in moderation since I kept on nose bleeding. *faint*

AL
Mine is too on the side, left side to be precise but now like gradually shifting to the right.

All the best Sweetie!!! Best of luck to u!

Btw do you ladies feel tired easily?? I seems to be the opposite, keep on having insomia, lie on the bed frm 7pm oso muz wait till like 3 - 4am then can fall asleep.

momoko, u sleep so early?! maybe tatz y u cant sleep. having insomia does not mean u r not tired, just that u got sleeping problem. in fact u should be feeling more tired. tell ur gynae, see what ur gynae can do for your insomia.

nope nope, I start to lie on the bed frm 7pm relax, watch tv hoping to watch till tired then can juz sleep rite away coz the moment I get up and move, that's it, I'm all wide awake again. ;P

My job follows the US market timing, so my sleep schedule is like totally off for some time already. But now bb came along, my boss change me back to be on normal schedule, so I'm tried to tune my body back but without avail.

I tok to gynae and she say could be due to my heartburn currently so maybe too uncomfortable. The gastric juice keep flowing back to burn my throat so really bery uncomfortable. Then the wan to puke feeling keeps coming then it keeps me awake. Its like sometimes the mind already feels tired but juz cannot sleep lor.

afternoon ladies..

i'm on 2 days mc.. down with flu and cough and a bit of fever this morning.. went to c doc again but he refuses to give me medicine.. jus ask me to rest more.. keke..
happy.gif

Dear all,

I have given birth and is planning to sell my pre-loved maternity wear from Spring at cheap price. All pieces are size S and are in good condition. Send me a PM if you are keen to have a look. I will send you pictures of the clothes.

Hope you all have a smooth pregnancy.

fieda
lolx.. my office now dun allow ppl with cough and flu to go to office le.. so just now i called them and ask them if tml i still not well how? lolx..
happy.gif

so now awaiting for reply..

Wuah, I just read on website:
"One myth that you can test: If you have frequent heartburn during your pregnancy, your baby will come out with a head full of hair. "

Hi everyone! i have been following this thread for long.. congrats everyone on your pregnancy and good news is we all going to/already entered into 2nd trim. *clap clap*

hi swanston, pls add me to the list, thanks!

edd: 18th Nov
gynea: LC Cheng
hospital: TMC
baby: no. 2

fieda &amp; catmon,
i hv fetal doppler for #1, seriously it dun help much to detect bb heartbeat becos we can hear their heartbeat by ears when in end 2nd trim or beginning of 3rd trim. before that, it is so difficult to hear it even using doppler. hth.

agata
not true on me. i been experienced bad heartburn thru out my 1st pregnancy but my son only went for 2 hair cut so far, and he is going to 17mths next week
happy.gif

Back