(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

Hi Jolene. My helper also from Myanmma. Mmm...U can state a list of chores U wish for her to do daily or weekly but then it depends on how good her command of English is. Usually their english not as good. U may need to demo and actually show how to do beside the giving her a list.

Oh my boy Ian also going to have his 5in1 the next Sat. Getting bit worried that he will get fever.

BTW, my boy's hair is dropping, should I shave him but i like his hair. My hub wants to shave him. Any recommendation of baby salon? My boy very timid, a little bit of noise scares him. I scare the shaver frightens him. I also coward mama.

dingdong,
We shaved our boy's hair on our own. Just gave him a shave today. I think our shaver is Philips but not very good as its not battery operated so need to plug in. Better to buy battery operated (wireless), its safer and easier to use around baby.

sporty,
wow ur son eat rice when his 8 months, does he chew or just swallow? Do u know if thermal pot really cooks well cause dunno if the food will get thoroughly cooked?

shihui,
For me i feel Tiger is better keeping food warm than thermos. Which model did u get?

dingdong, my mum used my dad's shaver to shave my gal...hahha... i have a fren who bought an electric shaver for shaving hair kind to shave bb's head

jolene, good tha ur helper is coming and u will have more ME time...hehe

taurus, my son chew the rice...he loves to chew stuffs, thas why he refused to eat porridge as he dun like the texture... isit, u meant the food wun get throughly cooked?!

i'm wondering if i can use those manual women shaver to shave. when shaving, is there any procedure? like shave middle first then sides?

Sporty, yeah weekend is over so fast, but good thing is for the coming week, weekend starts on Friday yipee

Ayukie, ya I like the parklon bag too!

Jolene, yes I had some me-time today-went to the last day of FP sale and baby fair alone! Guess my me-time still revolves around bb

velo: ohhh.. i mean did u have to write down specifically what time do what things ah? And whats the main focus on the helper's job? Just taking care of baby and do minimum housework?

will they be very ermmmm.. tun and cannot manage their time well?

ehh my baby shaved when she was full month. I just go to those neighbourhood salon. I went to the one at AMK Ave 10. If u live around the north, maybe can go there try :D

paiseh hor, i very inexperienced so really dont know what to do.

ardenz: hahaha.. i understand! same as me lor! ME time end up buy baby groceries :p hahaha... I guess mummies are like that one, always think about their babies only :p

sporty: yea ho! If the helper is good lah.. if no good, lagi i busier.. :p busy scolding her :X hahaha...

dingdong> we shaved ourselves. everyone impressed by the "good job" - Venus Gilette!!
happy.gif

shave top to bottom from the "opp direction the hair grows" good luck! and have fun!
happy.gif

dingdong,
Oh no is not a shaver, is a Hair Clipper written on the box specially for shaving hair. As what mm6j said shave from top to bottom.

mm6j,
Oh so u shaved ur boy urself cause saw his shave is very even. Urs is a non electric shaver? Wow how u shave so even with a non electric shaver. Does he move when u shave him? My boy moves sometimes so the shave like uneven.

sporty,
Good that ur son started to chew so early. My girl only started chewing when she was 2. Oh no i was just thinking if the food will get cooked thoroughly as i got a very small thermal cooker and i cooked red bean soup with it but find that its not as soft as using a gas cooker to cook, so was just wondering.

Hihi,
tiring day.. #2 down with flu... so was cranky the whole day... got to keep carrying her.... look at her very poor thing leh...

taurus,
i dun rem the model leh... it's the flask w black handle which i got fr BP in this forum...

for me, even if i use thermal cooker to cook, i will still boil it for at least 15min... so i know the things are definitely cooked b4 i off the fire... very kiasi... :p

monday again! luckily this week is a short week!

ardenz, what did u buy at the fp sale and bb fair?

taurus, oh ya,..tha day zen was telling me, once u cooked the stuffs in the thermal pot, u cannot open and check it till u wanna consume it, if not it will "lose" its thermal cooking effect... hopefully the thermal cooker works la cuz i intend to cook the porridge before i go to work...

shihui, hope ur gal gets well soon!

morning, im pumping now before leaving for work
happy.gif

sporty, at FP i bought couple of small toys like the fisher price nursery rhymes mirror etc. but i think i got quite a good bargain for the aquamarine take along swing. got it for $40 ( U.P$149). they were also clearing the rainforest swing @$60. at babyfair got nursing bras, pigeon cleanser, teethers and more medela BM bottles. overall didnt spend too much bah

have a great week ahead to all mummies!

taurus033> thx for yr compliments
happy.gif
oh u saw my pics ah? haha, yes, i shaved my boy myself. My husb was like super enthu he grabbed the new shaving blade from me and said that he would shave my boy but seeing him "too enthusiastic" i calmly said, "No, i'll do it" and grabbed the shaving blade over. lollll... yes, mine is manual venus gilette blade for women. we did it at night after he dropped hair and had a bit of cradle crap at pd's advise. the best thing was i was jus using the (new) blade! dunno y couldnt find the "stalk" lol. we shaved him while putting him in the bathtub so he was relatively calm and not so fidgety. husb was holding him. mus "give the bb a break" as in halfway through shaving, splash some water and play with him awhile so he is not irritated to sit for so long.. also like wat i said, shave top to bottom with the shaving blade movement from up to down.. it's actually quite fun! i think electric shavers are not so good cos the noise already "puts them off"
happy.gif

sporty> yes, now i cannot wait for GOOD FRIDAY to come sooner! thinking of taking thurs halfday or next monday off to prolong the weekend......

ardenz> i was also in love with the aquamarine swing but i din buy cos i felt "wasted" since my boy cant sit now and too "early" for #2 plus i alr have a fp bouncer and rocker at home. *envioussssssss of u for getting it!!!

hihi!
gd morning... at home today to look aft my sick gal.. she refused bottle over the weekend n only want to latch frequently.. so bobian lor.. need to look aft her myself...

re PH,
i'm going back to work...... sian... special duty tt day... but gd thing is i can get day off.. hehehehe..
happy.gif

sporty,
thanks..
happy.gif
she's super whiny now.. when i carry her, she kept 'talking' in whiny mode..... aiyo... complaint queen in the making.. hahaha..
happy.gif

Gd morning ladies,
i finally gotten access to WTS & overseas spree! Yippy!

Oh, anyone interested in getting baby fisher-price bounce & spin zebra? I'm selling BNIB for $100 cos bought it for my fren's son, but he had it. Interested party, pls PM me.
happy.gif

Good morning ladies!!

Yeahhh this week is 4 day week!! Yippee cant wait ,and am counting down le.. Muahaha

Shihui: Hope ur gal gets well soon =) mu gal nose blocked for the past week le..dunno y with nose drops no improvement..sian la. i think wanna change Dr liao haha..U know at least today u get to spend time with ur gal gal =) not often we get to actuali enjoy the time..mostly is rush this rush tat for me hee heehh

MM6J: Wah *salute* can shave ur boy head urself! Without the holder somemore.. i think next round i will try myself too ..the commercial shaver is too noisy my gal was wailing away when i brought her to shave =( Hey ur little boy realli "xinfu", u always thinking of new toys for him hee hee

*Hi Taurus*

Morning mummies....

Superwalker, how is timmy? hope he is better liaoz...

Myboyjovan: Hello (hahaha... a late hello)

NVFM: u buying thermos?Tot of buying these 2:
1) Leak-Proof Food Jar B3000 (BP PRICE: $36)
2) THE FDX SERIES OF THERMOS FLASKS! FDX 350 ( 0.35 LITRES ) (BP PRICE: $30)
http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3778244.html?1269554956

The thermos is only to keep food warm right? Wont cook food right? I am so confuse? So is Tiger better or Thermos??

Rue, wat is fisher-price bounce & spin zebra? How does it look like???

Thanks ladies for ur advise on the poo poo thing.
myboyjovan, so did ur PD gave him any medicine to help him poo? or he poo naturally after 2 and a half wks? was the poo alot after not pooing for tt long?

Rdg Rashes: my boy also had ugly rashes on his neck. after reading from tis thread, i tried applying Destin & Dapolene. Destin is too creamy/ sticky, difficult to clean & wash off. Dapolene is good, after using for 2/3days his rashes when off liao.

thanks jane, i'll try it out this good friday
happy.gif

btw, i saw two pearly whites on my gal's lower jaw. she's being cranky nowadays which i think it's attributed to teething. any advise how to alleviate her discomfort? my MIL gave me gripe water saying that it helps to reduce the discomfort of teething but i don't understand how gripe water helps. anyone feed gripe water for teething?

sporty - i saw something even WORSE today in email .. every weekend also gt OT work!!! on SAT NIGHT???!! they are crazy manz .. i really need to send resume le ..

Dingdong, Yup my mil says the same thing too... say gripe water relief the pain and sore of gums... wonder why oso... Hahaha... my little lucas hvnt hv any teeth yet leh...

morning!

i guess i'm the only one here who doesn't look forward to 4 day week this week.
good friday my son's childcare closes, sat sun husband working whole day, PLUS next mon childcare also closing, cos it's their staff day. sigh. meaning 4 days of looking after #1 AND #2 myself with housework, and all at one go.

so i am having monday blues today.

jazz, pd said if i am really concern, i can opt for suppository or something, and she will poo immediately, but i don't think i'll wana do that cos so sad, imagine stuffing something inside bb butt. so sad like that.
so i just let nature take its course, after 2 and half weeks she poo, a lot, curry-like, then she like also relieved. haha.
now, she hasn't poo for a week plus liao, still waiting.

ayukie, zip spoil ar, aiyo.
very very big hor the whole thing, got bag can fold and keep no need roll, better but my husband go and throw away, aiyo, wasted.

Hi, like share what has happen on last Sunday. While my domestic helper was cleaning my hb car at the car porch, my hb over heard the neighbour aunty ask her "Where is your bb, never see her?"

Wah lao! Do I look like a helper? So sad, so now I must dress nice nice and cannot dress sloppy. I not the neighbour will thought that I am a domestic helper.

mybojovan - yeah the bag beter cause its really BIG ..

anyway .. the zip is brokened not really spoilt its just brokened with clean cut so it comes already spolit le ..

I put my bb in jumperoo, he keep leaning forward and sort of not comfy...
his toes just touch the ground. I already put the level 1 lowest for the jumperoo.

Just realise bb prefer to sleep on his tummy.

He can hold his neck well and sleep with his face by the side.
but i am just worried how safe it is. sometimes, he flip with his beanie across tummy(when we put him on his back to sleep at nite)...

rehi all...bz morning!

ardenz, the swing sounds like a good buy lor...i avoided the fp sale as my hse already cannot fit in anymore toys! hehe

mm6j, if u can...can take thurs halfday or mon off lor...sounds good leh!

shihui, kids are like tha one esp when they are sick...esp gals, maybe they more sai nai
happy.gif

momo mummy, the thermos...got some series can cook food...but need to cook over fire for like 10 to 15 mins lor

dingdong, give her teething gel or teething tablets to ease her uncomfort...

ayukie, sat nite?? sianz lor...u better send ur resume soon!

myboyjovan, think u work "opposite" of us...we holiday...u bz :p but thas the cons of a sahm lor

tanly, ur helper very fair looking??

Tanly: =) Jia youz..Dun b offended hee hee we all can start being beautiful mummies NOW! Ytd someone asked me when my #2 due lor!!!! it hurts la but at least u can do something abt it yahz!Anywayz maybe ur neighbour ang mo no good ha ha juz meant to ask where is the baby?

Ayukie: I hope ur com is paying u enuff to have to work all those OTs..Its quite erm yikky...

Desitin: DOes anyone need Desitin? Coz I have an extra tube of 4oz its those big ones n i dun think i goin to use finish le..its expiring in 2011. I can bring on 11 Apr =)

kimifin,
i put my gal in the jumperoo too, her toes can only tip toe, then i placed some rubber mat beneath so that her feet may be flat on the floor. she started swaying after that & played w the lizard..

momo_mummy,
hav u started using the magmug? my gal can roughly hold it to drink water. Oh, the food jar looked interesting. hmm, but i've food jar at hm leh, for adult to use one..argz, i realised i spend like nobody's biz on my gal..

ayukie, u work in which line? PH also need to work ah?

i also sian, need to work through out the night on this wed... but good thing is i will have a longer weekend..
but duno i can dong thru the night or not coz normally by 10pm, my eyes will auto shut off liao..haha..

rue, hahha...its like tha one...once u have a kid, u would be very neow on urself and spend on him/her! hehe

ayukie, yes...pls send resume out!

starrz, what kinda job u do? need to work throut the nite?

Anyone has any idea when will our hair stop dropping? Was thinking of going for a highlight and perm, but now hair drop like nobody biz.

Ayukie, if I'm in your position I quit long long time loh.

sporty,
work in the operation side... sometimes need to work throut the night, will affect service so can only do the maintenace/upgrade at night...
how to dong dong dong...

tanly, i have the same question as u.. when will start dropping?? My MIL comment that bb hair now no drop liao, is her Mummy's hair keep dropping! (coz she sweeps the floor can see my hairs all over)

sporty, ur Lil M weigh how much now ah?

Seeing u post the pig trotters... mine also have that..Opps..

i see most of our bbs are chubby hor... normal mah but i dun like when ppl comment 'Why ur BB so FAT, What had u been feeding her??"

shld say chubby mah.. FAT not so nice word...haha

i saw this determalogist that my gynae recommend me for hairloss at gleneagles he says it will take 4-6mths or so .. but depending on individuals and that is if its normal pregnancy hairloss w/o genetic herdietery

sporty...
mine sama sama as ur Lil M.. she is 7.3 kg 2 weeks back...
if ppl say so fat then i say cute mah...

haha tat day i carry her with her face facing front, my arms nearly break..

ayukie,
hmm ya the shIT line is always busy..

Back