(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

now dat i read all the rant here n there... somehow i reckon most of the MIL will behave almost then same? n I feel am not the only one dat getting those "imbalance" mood, which causes by them.

ting, ur MIL consider gd already... cos still "seeking" permission from ur hubby. Still rmbr, one of the nite i was suffering from headache so I zzzz earlier n let hubby taking care of bb. After he put her to sleep in the baby cot, he went to take his shower. Suddenly, he shaked me up in shocked n asked me... where is baby! I was like, aint u put her into the cot already? while saying dat, I point n i saw nothing!!! Hubby checked the whole house, then finally knocked at my IL's room... guess wat? my MIL "steal" my dotter to her room while hubby taking shower, n the most amazing thing is... she even locked her door n pretend she is asleep already!!! wat is in her mind ah? we are really so pissed, n carry the baby back to our room to sleep.

I told my hubby i had enuff of those nonsence, so "un-officially" I will not going bak to IL's house till they start to make noise. Now I have more excuse, cos bb is in weaning process... lazy to move all the thing ard :D

Alexis >> wow! I am impressed by ur mil! Actually my mother also told me that when she had my elder sister and stay w my granny, she n my father will wake up with the baby (my elder sister) missing and then they search the whole house can't find her at all. Only till evening when my granny come home then they realise my granny secretly come carried my sister and bring her out with her to work!! (my granny helped pple wash clothes last time de) now I can feel what my mum Felt lo. Last time we were like.... What's the big deal cos is our granny ma. Now I begin to think... THAT'S SUPER DAMN BIG DEAL! But u are right, actually my mil is not that bad de la. I know she only meant well. Just that I am the kinda person prefer quiet and serenity.

heyo..oh, ytd when i talked abt my visit to the PD..there is also one other thing: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/weaning/weaning_faqs.html

signs u shld watch out for if weaning is going too quickly, e.g. night time waking, fussiness etc. i am grateful we caught this a little early and stopped her crazy 12tbsps feeds..she was cranky! full-fledged BLW come end-month when the maid arrives..so that all the mess can be disregarded, heh...

we just returned from our family dinner at conrad, and the pastry chef there made our day! she baked for Dre hard bread w/o dairy..and Dre helped herself to them merrily...took her rice there without any mess..so we really did have a most enjoyable evening.

ting >> real or imagined, the fussiness is unlikely to be a result of the no poop. PD says, check the hardness of the belly. if it's still soft, no poop is really fine.

angelina >> glad you find that useful... i will try my best to make it tom before 5pm, but it really depends on what time my stuff is up..

py >> wahh..less than 5 mins..charlotte is the champion liao!!

astro >> bring Teng pls..let's meet tom, maybe even for dinner?? heh. see you! i miss teng! and bally too :p

Saturday baby play date sessions
Sunnyling, Saturdays, around 2-5pm, Sengkang
natalieL (but not hosting)
Ting, Sat, 1-4pm, Jurong East
Shugar, Saturdays, Ang Mo Kio
Astro, Woodlands
Angelina : saturday anytime Hillview
MieMie (not hosting)
pigsy_sg (not hosting)
ilovemaxmax, Sat, Jurong West
esther, saturday 1pm-4pm Flora drive.
Candy_white (not hosting)
glass (not hosting)
funzee, Bishan
Py (I would love to host.. maybe next year haha!) Punggol :D

Ting, frankly speaking... Am kinda same wif u too, I like quiet. I can't stand when they on the tv or even talking so darn loud. Sometimes dun even know why they r hacking da wall, while bb zzz... Mayb dats the ways to make bb wake up. my MIL can even irritate my hubby by following wherever he walks, so he will finally surrender n pass the bb let her carry.

I know they meant good, but dunno y I just Easily get so irritated n pissed by her doing. Haiz...

Alexis : wow,ur mil...hmm leave me speechless.. Make me feel so grateful with my mil. She's a really good person,but a bit old fashioned

Ilovemax : I never host any baby gathering before. So I really don't know what will we do tom. But I know for sure nat n shugar want to bring their babies for swim. But that's around 5pm. Before that just play date for babies

Xoxo : wow, dre !!! Good girl!!! Sigh if only Josh can learn from Dre. He can learn like crawling n be guai guai like dre... So far its impossible to bring josh to eat a nice n quiet dinner. Always noisy
sad.gif

PY : r u still awake? What time u want me to sms u. Btw, if I'm not wrong u'll be neighbours with mie? So next year u can host the baby gathering
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Angelina
Rem to PM me ur add k. I cant PM u so cant give u my hp num
happy.gif

btw.. i should prob reach around 3+ coz gotta wait till my elder one wake up</font>

PY >> i am sure charlotte is drinking lah...

angelina >> dre had fun at yr place last week! we certainly are looking forward to meeting u again! thanks so much for hosting...i am sure josh is a darling...like dre, has good days and bad. today was just a nicer day...she also fusses at times..
happy.gif

vankel >> dre turns 6 months tomorrow (4th)..she take bb rice (healthy times, mixed into a paste) and hard bread..gnaws on it and bites...etc.

angelina: looking forward to tomorrow... packed all my stuffs already! and of coz the float!! hahahaah *wink wink at nat*

xoxo: wow. full fledged BLW. let me know how it goes!! i'm so gonna start with it in a few weeks' time! been putting her on the futuristic highchair.. wahhaa...

loke >> now we don't really dare to do it fully cos of the mess involved. plus i have q abit of work. true blw means she eats what we eat, but u have to set aside the portion, sans salt and sugar...so....

yep, will keep u updated. but i am eager..she shows all e signs of being able to do so...today, she clasped her hands ard the spoon as it went into her mouth, again and again..but of course, still far off from being able to feed herself.

hehe..and when is the play dates happening at yr place? yr high chair is really the throne!!

xoxo: hahaha!!! i dun mind the mess.. just do it one shot! lemme start BLW for Angel first. Angel has been really eyeing our food.. i'm thinking, asian context maybe a bit hard to start with..cos of the kind of food we asians take. salty and full of msg. so gotta get ready to make healthy foods! haven't read to the point of foods to start for BLW process.. taking my time.. else i'm always tempted to give her food..

I m so stress. The maid is so new and full of excuses. I doubt that she can take care of me. I thought of making an appeal to MOM to ask my previous maid back. I m confident that she can run the hse hold, take care of me. THough she has a not so good character and is unstable. BB going to infant care.SO worried, he has never left my side since birth. Going to an infant care would infer that he will be quite sickly as and when. Somemore going to the one in KK. OMG. That hand mouth and foot diease.
Husband seems couldnt be bothered. I m furious with him. I have took great pains to take care of him for years. NOW i cant even get him to cook a single meal for me. He said ask the maid to do it. She is obviously obtuse another one full of excuses. She claim that she cannot understand english and java malayu. I m running out of time to train her yet she is still playing games with me.
OMG what do i do now?

PY, miemie,

you may wanna consider going to kiddy palace try out the thermal suit first. Min was sleeping when I bought it so couldn't try. but the staff was advising me to get size 2 inside cos the difference is only slightly longer in length than size 1. so even tho Min is so small, I bought size 2 as advised. I have yet to try it on her til now tho. hehe...
happy.gif

Gathering : yeayyy can't wait to meet u all later

Ww : oh no... Ur maid is speaks on what language? Maybe u can find somebody to help u translate for her for a while,if its not working maybe can write to MOM then

Happyhippo : what is thermal suit?

angelina, She can converse in Enlish. i have let her talk to my previous maid who is still with e agent. Talk for hours. She does not seems to understand either. I have all the job scope written down in details both in malayu and english for her. Yet she claim that she still cannot understand. I feel that she cannot understand anything related to work .
I want to spend my time with my son, writting a book for him. I end up wasting my time with the maid.

Ww : what's the nationality of ur maid? If she's from indonesia,I can help u to talk to her, cause I'm from jakarta, but if she's from philippines then so sorry I can't help u. Maybe ur maid just too lazy to understand or act blur with her job,or maybe she really don't understand with what u requires from her. But really if she's from indonesia,I would love to help u to sort this thing out. Its better u focus on ur baby n ur health,rather then waste ur energy on her. Hope I can help u with something

Ww. Don't worry about the infantcare! Did u visited the place before and ask all the qns u want to ask? My bot has nv left me before but I placed him in infantcare starting last week. He is doing very good! The infant care took effort to check hin (every baby) very thouroughly every morning when arrived and if they seem unwell or suspected of something will be sent back immediately. They also repeat the checks another 2 times in the day. So far, my boy I doing fine accept refusing the bottle but I changed to the Tommy tipee and he is finishing his milk. U can even ask the staffs there to apply moisturizer, feed gripe water etc. No worries as they are experienced in handling bb.

Ww change the maid. My suggestion. Cos we have a closed relative's maid also like this. Write down, demo, everything tried but she still very slow and dun rem and says dun understand. Hire an extra help, not hire another person to look after!

hippo>> aiya no use for me to buy the thermal swimwer.. belle's daddy is one kiasi guy, he scared the chlorine level in the pool.. so no swimming for belle in the big pool as yet..

drinking from sippy cup>> belle refuses to drink water from the cup, she screams when i try to feed her water from the sippy cup and she refuses to hold it.. i let her hold and she threw it onto the floor!

Angelina: How do we contact ? You do not accept PM. Actually e agent told me upfront, she is just giving excuses.
ting: I got e same feeling too. But i m running out of time to train maid. Only option is to appeal and get the previous maid back. She has a very bad temper and unstable(always threaten to transfer). But i m sure that she can work very well.I can try to appeal to MOM for 2 maid.
Current n previous. Then i wouldnt need to send my boy to infant care. But my hubby is very sceptical abt them abusing him. Coz i would be bedridden most of e time.
Will the infant care centre take cood care of my boy?

Mie, same here! I let A hold the sippy cup and at first quite excited. Then later she decided that hey, let's use my feet to hold it! Then dropped it. A can't tilt the cup so that the water flows down for her to suck it. And the nuby cup I have drives me mad. Every time I screw the lid tight, the spout moves out of place (doesn't align properly). Got a combi stage 4 but since she doesn't know how to tilt it, it's still pretty frustrating. I'd say the Doidy is still the best, although you have to help the bb hold and expect most of it to dribble down the chin.

ww, I think you might as well change the maid you are having. Too frustrating already. How about getting another one altogether (i.e. not the current one and not the old one since she seems unstable)? You'd never know... 3rd time lucky.

PY: ever thot of starting a spree for baby sunglasses? ;)
If you are, I'm interested! I want to get the Baby Banz sunglasses but don't see anyone starting a spree on it. Heard from 2 people it's quite good. Almost asked my SIL in Australia to buy it but it seems that my friends got it cheaper thru the spree.

For consideration.
happy.gif

http://www.babybanz.com/australia/category2_1.htm

funzee:I m going for 2 ops concurrently probably next week or so. One is on my throat. Probably only able to whisper for 2 mths or so. May not be able to walk on my own for a few weeks. Follow by radioactive iodine. Then they will screen where it has spread to etc... How to train another one? I have this crazy notion to postpone e op. I have become such a big liability.

jot: don't postpone. Get the op out of the way, and recover. Do you have any other family support?
Yes, get a new maid. There are good maids around. My former maid of 3 days was very good at work and with baby, but had problems with BO and handphone. But will still be way better than your act dumb maid. Just try again.
Don't stress yourself out at this juncture.

glass: I just found out that e maid has been using the pail for cleaning e floor to wash my laundry. When i ask her , She said i feel, i think etc...
Oh my family said> oh it is common to have cancer nowadays. All you have to do is go for surgeries after surgeries until e day that there is no treatment for you. Then you die.

My mum said> You have always been very independent since young. You know that there is nothing that mummy can and will do for you.

My husband said better not let my mil know. She will stress me even more and aggravate my condition. Because i have become a liability to her son. Die faster better.
This is my 4th maid in 9mths. I would need to appeal to Mom. All these takes time.

hi gals, enjoy yourself today. Hillview too far for me next time nearer will be joining.

My house most of the weekend can but I am living in HDB no pool for the bb to swim. So might need to think of activities for the bb. And also bring your elder kids so they can play with my elder boy and keep him entertain also.

ww, I think sometimes maids just don't have the same level of hygiene that we do lah. Altho mine is pretty good, she has made mistakes too. I asked her to wipe bb's playmat, she used the dirty rag used to wipe all other furniture. I told her, cannot, because bb licks the playmat. Then one time, I saw her using the cloth designated for wiping bb things to wipe the stroller wheels. Alamak! I told her, the wheels so dirty, go outside, how can use the same cloth to wipe that and the things that bb touches and licks?

How about getting day time domestic help (i.e. part time locals or M'sians)? Or a confinement lady (I know we are out of confinement, but they know how to take care of bb)?

WW, actually thats a very good ideas. My sis used to do dat too, whenever she is going away or abroad. She will call up the confinement lady n asking her to help... of cos is in a cheaper price. My confinement lady also offer the same thing...

gemson: plenty of brown rice cereals on the market.. go super market. easily 4/5 brands on the racks.. from si sen to the exp earthbest..

just brought bally to vac.. weighs 8.35kg.. height 65.5...i thoguht he weighed 8.7 the last time he was at the GP and hence 'panicked' at such a big dip.. then PD said diff scales.. cannot compared.. anyway. his weight is alreadt 90%.. .fall also nvm! duh. ha! his height is AVERAGE.. oh my. this is BAD.. how come my son is SO shortie? then asked PD if any concern for reduction of appetite (coz this period he not feeling well. i think recovering).. PD asked how many times he poo.. i said once daily. she said.. that is ok.. good absorption rate.. didn't get what she was talking.. she said if poo-ed multiple times a day like 3 - 4 times.. means absorption not v good.. same with lacking sleep.. for yh.. one poo each time. i wun say he sleeps well. ut he sleeps.. coz i am comparing to bao who slept and ate V well. so he is so fat.. but bally considered ok by the PD so told not to worry too much abt the weight. else really at 100% percentile.. as joked by some oct mums on my facebook!! hahahahah'

then got the prevenar jab.. screamed and screamed.. coz this is oil based.. so v painful wor.. now asleep.. toay schedule haywird.. dunno going for gathering or not. cannot make up my maid .. what the.. haiz.

and who was the mummy who disliked pple ah-gooing to ur bb ? :p. i do! kekekekee.. coz my mum lor.. she does that. bb smiles. so i monkey see monkey do :p

ting: ha! the chant on th emoneky god. u cute lah. hey. pm-ed u my no. and i dun use i-phone.. can always sms me lah.
happy.gif

Can we pack our own food to the infant care centres and ask the teachers to feed the bb?

He can crawl forward today!!!

Miemie,
hehe... Daddy J huh? Well, the HB not very keen either. Like nowadays Min gets a bit apprehensive when we put her in the tub. So i wanna let her go in more often cos we stopped quite awhile during rainy season, then my bro wedding etc. But he say the tub so small must be claustrophobic.

Im very tempted to bring her to one of the clubs for a swim but think i just ren til the lessons start lah. U shud bring belle to our lesson. Maybe she see already wanna go in? Then daddy may relent?

ww, hv u consider employing a filipina domestic helper?? At least, communication is not a problem.

U can pack ur own purée to the infant care but check with the centre to confirm.

Btw, take gd care of urself ya n all will turn out well for you. God will bless you n ur family!!
happy.gif

efg: My 2nd maid is a filipina.Appears to work hard and well. Very scheming! Demand me to send her for nursing and driving course! Stole $. Sow discord btwn me n hubby. Abuse my baby. Told e agent that i ill treat her! I have enough...

Xoxo: read that u doing BLW. How do u feed baby rice then?I tried baby rice onmy boy, he gets disinterested after 4-5 spoons. Tried apple purée also, he takes 2-3 spoons then will reject. Have also tried banana purée...same response.
But when I have big pieces of apple, banana, or watermelon, he happily gnaws at them n sucks the juice..so do uthink he hates purée?

Sunnyling : yeah sure,maybe next time we do the gathering at ur house
happy.gif

Ww : the only thing I can help u is to talk to ur maid.but if she's just being lazy or act blurr then no use. Ur baby is smart can crawl forward
happy.gif

Gathering : thanks for all of u who came today. I may not be a good host cause Josh scared with lots of people in his "area" so I just focused on Josh instead of the guest (moms,hb n babies) sorry
sad.gif

Hope u all enjoyed ur time in our house,cause I enjoyed it n had a good time with all of u. Now llok forward for gogo bambini
happy.gif

Back