(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

tien>> the pigeon mug you buy, is it the mag mag mug? if it is, that one is BPA free.. im going to get the whole series of the combi Hello Kitty mugs for belle! heehee

WRT cereal / puree>> i bought Rafferty, and just collected from the BP organiser today.. will let Belle try them when she turns 6months.. am very excited about weaning, but think i shall still wait for 6 months..

Py > when u bd, is it painful?? Wah if it's due to dryness that gives a pool of blood sounds scary!!! Anyway I m too overwhelm w taking care of bb n issues w d in laws etc so no mood to bd at all.

Yeah! I bf my boy in restaurants a couple of times too! It's so discreet I doubt pple knows I am bf bah. also I will usually choose to sit at corners and I nv feed a wailing hard bb. U just roughly know when he is hungry de so if the bb start fussing then try to feed him lo. But if ever got a restarant dare to approach me and chase me out I will surely tell them off de. As in I m not exposing myself mA. And y are they so looking at what I am doing?? Are they waiting for me to expose myself bah bah. Lolx

ya I like to refer to my list as well as my nursing ponchos. They are my must haves!!

baby rice/cereal

i asked rach from sep thread if she has any lobang for these. she does. see her reply below:

check www.happybabyfood.com

i can bring in everything frm there...but so far for now is cereal and puffs..
most recommended is brown rice cereal for now...

will use 1.48 exchange rate. est less than $8 for cereal and puffs.. but depends on shipping okay...

first payment is the items.. 2nd payment the shipping..

will order if can have 20 MOQ.

ask them to email me their orders using the file attached..

www.happybabyfood.com

thanks!

u just ask them to PM u for the order form...they can use the form and email me back directly..

[email protected]

by 28th Feb okay?

Astro: haha that means I also sot! I like small eyes boys!
N guys. Check out those jap actors! They dun have mega big eyes!

Mie: yep! Mine is mag mag mug. It's bpa free? I kept looking n looking at the packaging, nothing was said! Or I lao hua yan?

Ting: thanks for the list. Hv copied n saved in my phone!

ladies.. feeling low again.. like the stretch of bad luck never did leave my house.

just now 4am plus.. ellie knocked onmy door.. i was just done feeding yh.. ellie said teng has high fever! :S

measured.. 39.9 .. then quicklly give him panadol.. and tried sponging him but of course the boy dun want.. then miser looked at the fever sheet of dr ong. coz he being so controlled again.. say monitor.. wants to give bifen now. i say not like that one.. miser said on paper it seems both together. i told him no.. but i said. inever dealed with a fever that high before.. for teng. so end up,. teng and ellie and miser went to kk A&E lor.. took xray. has a bit of chest infection.. maybe due to prolonged coughing coz that bout of viral never really did go away.. then come back liao.. but yh woke up early again.. now fussing. i feel so tired. and the haze not making things better.. i feel so lethargic .. haiz.. today little gym miss the class again. teng missed so many little gym classes liao. i dunno how to make them all up given i start work next week liao .. haiz ...

astro,

mayb u wana dash down to best denki buy the honeywell air purifier? my side seems to get better. even when the boys hv started another round of coughing, it doesn't seems tat bad as last time. but b prepared..not cheap.

astro,
hope teng's fever subsides quickly enough. chin up! no time for you to feel low. wonder if there's anyway your village can totally eradicate this lousy bug.

tien,
not sure if loke has sms u yet. look out for it.

Astro: Oh dear...have to agree that the haze is making life difficult for many. Stay positive ok. Let miser settle teng and you take care of yh ya.

Hippo: Not sure if Loke has my number though.

tien,
i gave her already. hope u dun mind. she may come by pick up my stash. so maybe she will pop over to you on the way? cos i told her we are very close by.

hippo>> i not eye the hello kitty mugs, is i MUST buy! hahhahaha..

astro>> oh dear.. why is the bug like hovering ard? chase it away with a big broom and hope bao gets well soon... *hugz*

i am very upset with miser. confused over the med!!

teng was prescribed with antibiotics.. but i have so many question marks over the med now!
1. they gave panadol, 10ml to be taken!! dr ong, only 4ml? for the same concentration!.. miser searched on internet.. said for that concentration for kids from 1 - 5 years.. can give 5ml- 10ml.. but teng is 3 years old nia leh.. max liao? big built? but lose weight liao wor.. miser also.. they asked how heavy? he said 20kg. but teng has lost weight from the virus last time mah! now it is 19kg.. max 19.5.. haiz..then they never weigh him also. just let him sit on the stroller?????

called dr ong.. dr ong said if give 4ml can bring panadol down.. stick to 4ml.. real lucky i go and read the label.. and even luckier that ellie just used the old panadol (dr ong's one).. give 4ml.. even if 10ml is appropriate for teng.. but wah liew. more than double leh..

2. they gave him promethazine for his cough, running/blocked nose. then i told dr ong.. dr ong 's first reaction 'why give that drug? which hospital u go to?'.. i said kkh.. she said promethazine not really effective for cough.. then said if give together with ventolin.. but the problem is we ran out of ventolin liao! haiz..

3. this one miser said.. dr at kkh prescribed antibotics for 5 days.. the pharmcist got to call up that dr and tell him the antibotics can only be given for 3 days max..

4. then iliadin.. teng finshed oune round lao.. so he can't take taht. needs to take ortivin.. i smsed miser all the drugs he took etc.. coz i got to stay wiht yh.. can't go with him and ellie.. it upsets me that miser 1, not sure of his son's medical history 2.even with sms, still can fumble with iliadin?!!!..

then i questioned him again and again.. on which 'pattern' to give coz dr ong's and kkh's dr vary so much..

his response is always so cool.. too cool and colelcted for my liking.. i am getting upset by that!

does anyone know if oral ventolin is avaliable over the counter? anyone has spare now?

tien/mie/hippo: i dunno man.. real bad. really bad. v pissed and upset with this..

mylvera: yesterday went saw the sharp plasmacluster air purifier.. plans was to buy then start using tonight.. i told miser i am paying for it.. so i am going to buy 2 at one go.. one for teng's room, one for our room (yh with us).. he says dun. buy one. test first.. i was liek now promo.. and the haze is coming back.. still test first?.. he says at most ask teng over.. then, i was fine with his suggestion..

just now i said.. must go and get the purifier liao, and used it let teng sleep in aircon bring temp down.. miser objects and says no good to sleep in aircon with fever.. i am v pissed with him lei.. v v v v v v v pissed!

astro: Sometimes i think in this way too coz of my long q of health prbs. I try to take it as a test from god or having my exams. Look you are already very amazing to take care of 2 boys n e maid. Ask Dh to clean up e hse properly. Use vinegar. Wash curtains,sofa sheets. Keep e environment clean. Part of my diet is bb food. That is how we share.

Siangjiao: Have you consider changing all the avent teats to no 3?

astro: I m sorry to say this. But he is right. E hse should be well ventilated, sun & air. Else e virus will keep hanging in e room if always aircondition. E Pd said we will only take turns to infect each another coz of aircon. My hubby has a bad cough which infect my son lately. Because of this, i have been sleeping without aircon for a week plus.V piss off with hubby too. I know abt e haze but better than to surround everyone with virus. Use fans. I use 2 fans in one room.

astro: I have call up the pharmancy for you regarding oral ventolin. You can get it now at unity pharmancy at Lot 1 and many outlets. Mainline is 65653593. They told me that you do not need a prescription for it. Where are you staying? If you need it urgently and is unable to get it, i can buy for you and deliver to yr hse abt 7pm today. But you need to let me know before 2.30pm and e strength of e med your bb needs. Check your mailbox.

astro: thanks for the great weaning tips! i'll try the 4Ps first.

ting: wa... ur list is so comprehensive! it will come in v handy when i return to sg! but i didnt know that the quality of the nursing rooms in sg is that bad... btw, which place has the best nursing room that u girls have tried so far?

tien: yep, my yuning doesnt take bottle. i tried nuk and it also didnt work. she knows how to drink from the bottle but she just doesnt like it. i tried bottle feeding her when she was half asleep. she likes the tommee tippee cup. she's not drinking a lot from it, but at least she doesnt reject it. good luck with ur attempt!

astro: so sorry to hear that teng is ill. i hope he is better now. ur hubby is rite. teng shld sleep in a well ventilated room. keep the air con off, but on the purifier if u have gotten it already. the room shld be well ventilated, but not too much that it is chilly. i hope teng gets better soon.

PY: r u breastfeeding? mums who breastfeed are low on oestrogen. this also means that we will have less vaginal discharge. so we just have to lubricate, lubricate and lubricate!

mylvera >> can i venture to add that the rather sad state of some nursing rooms here is symptomatic of how we generally work in SG? never going just that teeny weeny step more to reflect upon how our work is done? if only folks who have designed these nursing rooms would bother to think...life for mummies would just be a whole inch better..and just when you thought the older malls might be the culprits....actually alot of the newer malls didn't fare too well for me...

tien >> I take u on for the "name the star, shame the rest" sorta nursing article. the govt now on a blitz for "I Love Children"...whoa..and here we are hearing of employers firing preggers, companies not arranging for nursing/expression rooms; shopping centres getting away with rooms that are barely the width of my small a**...taxi drivers not helping with the strollers...idiotic drivers WITHOUT an infant or a child that is so small, they are the height of adults using carpark lots that have the papa, mama and the stroller icons, restaurants telling bfg mummies to leave..tsk tsk tsk. my blood is so boiling now..

abt that young couple >> i was more amused than upset. on hindsight, the girl didn't look past 15 yo....in fact, if i am not wrong, she is from a primary school i.e. the uniform is a school i recognise..don't think there's a sec version with the same...oh dear..

ting, thanks for the list! i've zapped it into a note...one thing..where's the nursing room in changi airport? haha..and yeah..too busy taking care of this young bud to BD! when #2 is coming?? WLLSFF...

- horizontal changing stations..alot of them are around...E.g. Mandarin Gallery

- nursing rooms that are such a squeeze and they come without a small table or a platform or perhaps just a hook on the wall for the diaper bag ~ where do they expect us to place the bag when we need to nurse? on our laps? the "cubicle" also limits one's ability to have the stroller where you nurse. E.g.: VivoCity, Tampines Mall

- dirty nursing rooms: Tampines One (has cockroaches and carcasses of these too ~ shrieks!); Ion Orchard's changing stations - scattered hair, dirt, moisture...

- scent of another kind: Century Sq, northpoint

- Poor ventilation (this gets me very bad..after waiting for my turn to nurse, i enter the nursing room only to realise it is nothing more than a shoe closet!): Paragon (given them feedback...i actually emerged perspiring and so did the baby!); 313 Orchard (L5)

- Risky rooms: Likelier than not, you will get "peeped" at by accident or otherwise @ Mt A Level 2, Bugis BHG

- super ngiau shopping centre: Takashimaya nursing room..can you all imagine..for all the "classiness" of that plc..the nursing room is a goldfish bowl. i look at you, you look at me...all bfg mothers make their way into this room with ABSOLUTELY NO PRIVACY...freeshow. OMG....plus men who cannot read the big signage outside the door, kept pulling the curtain (yes, Taka is so broke, it can't afford a decent door) to take a sneak peek.

personally i like the following nursing rooms:
- harbourfront (L2, Lift A) - huge: your other half, the stroller, another kid, you and your bb can all stay in the same, well-ventilated and scented baby room. hence, from vivocity, i migrate to this place much more..

- parkway isetan - beware the absolutely rude folks loitering in every inch of this shopping centre...however,the nursing room here is such a joy. check the armchair..absolutely love it! perfect for latching in various positions and the mummy is always supported plus the sides doesn't rise too high for baby to be at risk of bumping her head. i like it too, that the changing area has liners and towels at hand for you etc etc..my five star nursing room.. :D

- ION..if only they make it a little cleaner. the auto doors are something. they have purified water too..you can buy diapers if u run out of those and there's a standing fan in case it becomes that shoe closet.

- United Sq's is decent

Astro >> hope teng's feeling better now. how much weight has he lost?
sad.gif

Xoxo: I second that parkway isetan n ion nursing rooms are spacious n do fine for me. That's why I always go to these two malls only. United square is great too.
And ya... Taka room needs upgrading. I hav been in there once sharing the room with 4 other mums. Can u believe it?

Placing baby with my mum starting his week as trial. I sent baby here at 7am and within an hour, I already feel like breaking down. It's impossible for him to contnue his sleep here!! Cos my dad alarm sounded from 7.20 till 8am on snooz mode. I shut off his alarm n he scolded me n insisted he needed to keep his snooze on as timekeeping. Then he kept wanting to play with the kid before he goes to work..can u imagine how disturbing it is??? Considerig that baby slept at 11pm th nigt before n he will usually take his feed at 6am n fall back to sleep till 9-10am.
I m really upset already at this episode. But yet my parents jus think I m bonkers! Sigh m I really jus bonkers??
I think sleep is very important for a kid's growth n we shldnt compromise on that
sad.gif

I really dun feel like going back to work n leaving son with my mum anymore

vodkarib,

no offence ... but have u consider letting yr boy z earlier? mine z ard 7+ in the evening n wakes up early, abt 5+ 6+ n will nap ard 9+ in the am again.

Astro>> U must take care of urself now... Hope Teng will recover soon..

Vodkarib>> I think when it comes to taking care of our own children.. we tend to mind a lot of things.. I think its normal cos we, as parents certainly want the best for our kids..

I NEED TO RANT!!!! My mil and sil are staying wif me at my hse.. Initially, my mil offerred to quit her job and help take care of my son. I rejected straight.. Cos i know there bound to have a lot of conflicts in future. If, it's my mum, i wld gladly accept.. cos i know, if i see anything wrong, i cld just voice out... But, not for MIL.. hubby saw my point, so, we employed a maid. So far, the maid is very good.. has been taking great care of my son ever since i started work.

I am also getting damn upset wif my mil these few days...In fact, all the while.. But i have been bottling it to myself.. Sighzz.. I know the more i keep to myself, the more devastating the effect will be when I explode 1 day...

MIL was down wif flu few days back and was having fever yesterday... But that doesnt stop her from carrying my son.. I feel that if she is sick, she shld keep clear of him.. cos baby's immunity system is still not strong.. wat if she passes the virus to him? I see already a bit buay tahan.. Many times, I wanted to tell her to stay away from him till she recovers.. but, everytime she sees my maid carrying him, she wld prowl over.. I told hubby to talk to her.. cos he is the best person to talk to her since he is her son.. she shld be able to take it better.. I had no choice but to bring my boy out whenever i am at home.. if not, i wld have to guard my son like dunno wat at home.. and sees her wif eagle eyes whenever she is carrying him.

Then, she also likes to do the "ah-ah" things very near his mouth.. When she does this, she actually lets air out from her mouth.. and its gets so near tat, i think my son will be breathing in all the bad air. I already think its damn unhygiene when she does this in normal days.. AND she does it even when she is sick! @.@"""..

Tats not all.. whenever the maid is feeding him, she will come and pull my boy's legs or do the "ah Ah" thing again very near his face.. She said he will not suck if nobody play wif him to distract him. But wat I saw was..he was already suckling well.. and wat she is doing is distracting him from sucking.

The moment the boy makes a small little noise in his sarong.. she will immediately rush to carry him.. then, carry him and shaking him.. I think she is really pampering my boy..

I know as a grandma, she loves her grandson.. furthermore, he's her 1st grandson.. but.. Haiz.. If she is my mum.. she wld have kena from me many many times already..

Damn sianz.. I also hope to be a SAHM.. All i hope now is for my boy to turn 18 mths.. so that i can quickly put him into childcare. @ least, less unhappiness wif family members. IF this carries on.. i will explode 1 day.. Shld i endure or tell her nicely? But i dunno how to tell nicely leh

Mylvera: I guess u r right I will have to train my boy to sleep early now. Cos he now naps at 8pm n will thn sleep only at 11pm. I guess being at my mum place n wakin up so early every day hopefully his body clock will tell him to sleep earlier.. Wow but ur boy can sleep straight 9hrs At night? Mine can at most do 7hrs on his better nights...

Mrs neo: can imagine how u feel I also get very upset when sick inconsiderate pple surround my baby. N cos is MIL it's very difficult to tell her off. I already having a lot of conflicts with my parents since baby born. I think worse days to come

vodkarib,

most of the days she can z thro 8 hrs (7+ to 3+) but i got no choice. my #2 z ard 8pm and these 2 babies always want me to be with them when they z. #1 will z ard 830pm. by the time i really z, will b 10+ and have to wake up at 3+ to feed #3 and then at 5+ for work.

vodkarib>> I think a lot of worse days for me too.. But i am the type who will keep my mouth shut.. bottling everything inside me.. Cos i know when i tell her off, my hubby will be caught in btw.. but, of cos, i will have my limits.. I dunno what will happen when i finally explode... Just like an inactive volcano explosion.. effects are bad and devasating..

folks... busy day for me ahead... Time to start getting my engine roaring since i started work 1 month back..

Just to drop a note here
Mothercare Paragon is having 15% off regular items if you use your DBS credit card. Another 10% on top for sale items. So those stuff like slings or pumps that never get discounted, you can get them cheaper here this time round. Only at this outlet till end feb
happy.gif

I think no point to tell the in laws nicely cos no matter how nicely and how good n strong the reasons put through to them they will be defensive and offended.

I stay w the in laws n bil. It feels like they have nv see a bb before lo. Ya la, my son is not only their first grandson but also the first in the entire family. But so? He is still my son lo. He doesn't know how to fend for himself And what's right or wrong all the more I need to be firm n not let them spoil my child. I tell them nicely like pls do not shake the baby n I tell them cos the brain is vulnerable etc. End up I receive snick remarks instead! They just think I am very possessive and dun like them to do this and that. So when I just turn around to go in the room to get something they will scoop baby up and do whatever they want. One thing I hate most is they bring bb to walk the whole house every corner into their rooms etc. It feels like they deliberately want the bb to know this place so I can't bring him home to my parents house. Btw, now my mil dun just ki koo anymore. She will run on the spot and ask my bb who is lying on the rocker to catch her!! So so so lame!! And mind u! She can run and speak for more than 15 mins!! Very ti siao lo. U get what I mean? I know every child is playful but I dun want to raise a naughty child.

Everybody will feel a lil offended and defensive when u point out their mistakes or flaws. Let alone old people who they think they know alot!

Mrs Neo: I think keep quiet. E most show her an upset face. E maid will always look gd in front of us. Actually we need to guard against them more than our imposing in laws. If your bb left alone with e maid, she probably ignore e boy and let him wails while she hides in e room to nap or chat.

Ting>> I think i am in the same situation as u.. and she always carry him to her room.. I have to find excuses to "claim" my son back.. Damn sianz.. Sometimes at night, if he cries, he will carry him to her room and let him sleep there.. I super dun like this lor! Btw,i must say ur mil has got gd stamina.. can cry for 15 mins.. :p

ww>> I agree wif wat u say.. my hse 24/7 also got pple de.. be it mil or fil.. so, my maid is closely supervised..

mrs neo> i understand your pain.. how come they're staying with u ? all the while it's been like this or only recently they decided to drop by ?

hi all,
need some suggestion on formula milk. i'm starting work in 2 week's time. my supply is just enuf to meet my girl's need currently but i don't have enough expressed milk for her. so I'm planing to start my Riona on formula milk once a day. I bought NAN stage 1. tried feeding her twice but she is not taking the taste too well. she cries and rejects the bottle. i have tried twice. i'll try again for sme more time but i'm a bit scared that she'll start rejecting bottle if i continue to give her formula in bottle.

i myself tasted the NAN and it has a strong metallic taste. thats what i felt. Any of u using NAN?
Any other suggestion for formula milk which is more closer to BM in taste?

appreciate ur reply gals...thanks.

Vin
I just came back from doc and mentioned to her I would like to stop breastfeeding by sixth month, so she suggested mixing formula and EBM to let baby get used to the taste once in a while or they will most likely reject formula, esp if on TBF.

vin>> im using Nan HA, but coz my girl is used to it already.. I understand from Astro that Nan milk dun taste so good.. maybe try other brands?

Vin,

Both my daughter and son are using NAN HA... my daughter is also an oct'09 baby... I must say NAN taste is kindda of bitter....

Hi mummies - how much FM is your baby drinking? My gal, also Oct'09 baby, is now taking 160ml.... is it too much? She drinks every 4hours and sleeps thru the night though......

ting: your mil is super funny. i burst out laughing reading it.

but on a more serious note, i'm also living with PILs. they like to carry him, but well, if they can, i close one eye coz my hands, wrists hurt and i run out of patience quite quickly.

lucky3 : er.. i tot we can't mix BM and FM together in one feed le.

SJ : cool. thanks for the info other motherhood paragon.

just a note .. i brought E to robinson orchard mcD level.. he keep coughing and coughing. Think the ventilation at mcD level and ground level not v good.

hi ashm, my baby hates FM, and only take 60-90ml after much coaxing. Maybe it's too thick for him and the nipple hole is too small. but at least he doesn't reject totally.

glass - oh, which FM is your baby taking? I guess it s mix of BM and FM for your baby? My gal is using the Dr Brown bottle, level 1. She loves to drink and will cry each time after she finish, as if not enough. She is about 7kg now... my mum keeps tellling me she is over-weight! Heeheehee

ting>> your MIL is one kind!!!! the ki koo stunt finish le, she come up with new stunt to amuse your boy.. wonder wads next! hahahhahahaha
spend more time in your room leh? will they come opening your door and demand for your baby?

ASHM>> you are a stay home mother?
my girl is taking 150ml per 4hours.. lately she doesn't finish her milk, at least will waste 40ml of milk..
belle's about 7kg now if im not wrong.. the last weight check at PD 1 month ago was 6.68kg..

Hahahaha ki ko ki ko lol!

Btw my girl's cuticles there are peeling!! And it seems quite painful for me ... I know it's lack of certain vitamins... But how can I prevent this as she's still on tbf??

MieMie - No, I am working full time, now still on ML, going back to work mid of next month
sad.gif

Belle is almost the same weight as Isabella
happy.gif

Py: my boy cuticles also peeling. Din know it was lack of vitamins. I jus attribute to dry skin heh

baby cereals n weaning
I did some window shoppig today cos thinking of buyin some stuff before I return to work..but have no idea what to buy..by the way think there is a expo baby fair in late march, do u all think they will have gd discounts for stuff for our babies? Eg weaning stuff?;)

I actually made up some shopping list for our baby's next stage (a bit like shopping list when prep for baby's arrival) ;p
- baby food maker set (pigeon? Tollyjoy? Or can I buy the individual items somewhere?)
- blender (cos I dun have one at home)
- mug (shld I buy the soft spout type or straw type or?? So many types to choose from..any advice? My boy now using avent teats)
- weaning spoon
- high chair (or will my bumbo seat suffice?)
- and of cos baby cereal..
Any other item I missed out?

Thks to some of ur advice up there, I realized there r several brands to choose from..so I did chk out the four seasons organic mkt at PP and here is the list for ur ref:
Bellamy baby porridge 6.20
Happybellies baby rice 9.40
Healthy times brown cereal 7.30
Nestle  3.70
Si sen brown rice 
I always knew of nestle but I got to learn of organic options frm u all. Am tempted to take organic rice though it's pricier. Any one can tell me how long can a tin last? Heh I can then convince my hb that the price difference isn't that huge if the amount to be consumed in a month is not huge.. Heh any other recommendation other than the happybellies BP listed above? I was reading nestle instructions- it's not very pro-breastmilk mixing is it?
And the si sen brown rice powder - I have seen my mum give my cousins this before (like 10 yrs ago)..dos anyone have comments on this? What is it abt the si sen?
Heh pardon me..but starting baby on solid foods is like a whole new stage (jus like how I used to grasp bf initially)..so got a lot of questions to ask!!

vodkarib: i think the si shen brown rice shld be pretty good. my sister and i grew up on that. =) i would have given that to my girl if i could get it in london. as for what it does exactly, i m not too sure, but u can definitely go to any of the chinese med shops to ask. Ask at a few to be sure.

ting & happy mummy: wa... i think in-laws are one of the toughest people to manage... i guess u just have to be firm in order to send ur message across. if things get unbearable, the only way out is OUT! hopefully things will get better when u don't live together.

PY.. They moved in b4 my AD.. Haizz.. Me m my stupid mouth to allow them to move in.. It's really 相见好, 同住难.. Too many differences.. Felt so akward when at home cos always seem to b the odd 1 out.

Elly.. Ya, in laws r the toughest to handle.. The problem is.. Nobody dare to tell her though it's common sense tat she shldnt be so near the baby when she is sick.. My poor maid came to tell me, "ma.. Sir ask me to tell ah mah not to carry baby when she is sick.. But I dun dare. Who am I to tell her?" stupid hubby lah!! Then, he asked fil who is not staying wif us to tell her.. Fil also dun dare.. I m getting pissed!!!

Back