(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

wa half day n 100+post

oh u mommies talking abt sling n pouch.Whats the diff btw this 2?I definitely need get one b4 i can bring M out again, he always wanna latch on when out n end up always attract everyone attention with his screaming voice
sad.gif

all mom/Ong:the pounch when we buy is according to our wt ah?how much is it? where can i buy one?

jRRt; me too,M quite cranky these few nites as well,but me down with flu only la.Was told have flu cannot latch bb istt true?

astro : haha..ok ok 3 mths is pretty soon
happy.gif

wahh.10-20 min for him to wail...v long leh :S

phew last night he slept n woke up for feed..as usual.
noisy though..a lot of eh eh eh...but i just ignore :p (coz i need my sleep :p)

today...back to only 2 items b4 shower..so far so **** (shall not type in case i jinx hee hee)

panda club : tink panda club shld be an opt-out rather than opt-in :p

shugar: hee hee.. i shall keep ur tip on 'mummy smell' in mind.

er back to the q on sleep:
how to count how many sleeping hours?
or awake hours? feeding consider awake rite?
so bb should only b awake for 1-2 hrs max?

hippo : find somewhere to nurse? no need ah....poncho

ddnikz : watch tv while feeding? my bb oso no like it when i do other ting when feeding him. he will fidget n look at me. i look at him back he will look away :p hmm wut he trying to tell me :p

re tummy time, i just plop him on a mini bolster then help him hold up his chin. him arms like not strong to hold himself up yet. last time i tried wo bolster his head/nose plop on the mattress. so scary. i only did it w him like 1 - 2 mins.
3331943.jpg

xoxo : i m so darn tempted to buy after seeing ur photo n Audrey's cute smile
happy.gif

my fren got lend me the one w ring? i haven figured how to do it yet. the cd manual can't b played..duno wat player format they use.

tien : cuddling dun work for me leh. he will quiet then continue crying n jerk

am back from the movie! and we all survived.. despite the poopy diaper, despite the unexpectly loud loud sound system (i forgot how loud it is, esp for tiny tiny ears!), despite the regurgitated milk all over me, despite the freezing theatre. haha!
biggrin.gif

jRRt: was beginning to wonder what happened to you.. sick? oh dear. take care yah? rest rest.. take vitamin c also.

dreamygal: alamak, i already bought the bottles. just bot it at kiddy palace just now. bought 2. now in steriliser, ready for action this evening. haha..thanks thanks! but AMK cheaper! i got 2 at $16+ and only 10% of with the KP card. haiz...

and yes, yes, i agree with you. YH got 'smart' look. i think i told astro once that YH has the matured look too
happy.gif

tien: 2nd Hep B at 1 month. 5in1 or 6in1 at 3 month. i've got my appt for 6in1 in Jan next year.

astro>> me wanna get the little pod sling, so trendy, and it looks easier to use than the normal sling?

dreamygal>> you need to open a class to teach us liao, if not i go AMK find you! hahahaha

panda club>> who isn't a certified panda here? mm... just last night my notti isabelle slept at 4 am! ROAR

hey joelle,
tks a lot!

tien,
u can help me to collect my stuff from joelle when she receives them? tks a lot hor...
happy.gif

jrrt,
get well soon! the flu bug is all around. drink lots of fluids n get a lot of rest. my parents were down w the same thing n have been quarantining themselves to their room. haha quite funny but poor thing lah...

just came back from the pd for Isabelle's 6-in-1 jab.. difference btw 6-in-1 and 5-in-1 is the hep B. she took the rotavirus medi too.

isabelle weighs only 3.89kg? cannot be!!!! later she wake up i must weigh her again. i thot she will be at least 5kg now at 2 months and 5 days.

miemie,
haha... yah lah 4.89kg more like it. Min weighed 4.8kg today.
happy.gif

btw, how many pairs of socks has Qiqi gone thru by now? ;) hur hur...

joelle>> i've transferred the money to you. thanks very much!

To Account POSB Savings
103-29901-2 joelle
Amount S$13.84
Transaction Reference 2583491523

hippo>> i was thinking 5.89kg! heehee.. coz hor, nowadays my hands feel 'sng' when i carry her for long leh. even my mum says so..

socks ah, still have 4 boxes unopened! but these 4 boxes of socks can wear until 1YO that kind, so i think i can take my time.. hahahaha

10 days older only la.. heehee
but hor, if charlotte is 5.5kg already, then isabelle should be more or less there ma.. coz i carry the 2 of them, i tink they abt the same weight leh.. must be the clinic assistant cork-eye. now im so tempted to go and buy a baby weighing scale.. oops..

For those having c-sect, hv u all come ur 2nd menses? I have my c-sect on 26 sep the hv menses till 22 oct. Untill nw still hvnt come my 2nd menses? hw long will it take? will ligation affect also?

ahhh just finsihed another war with M.

Famela: how u make bb zz in tt err sling/pouch. I gotta a free one when purchase avent pump but he cried like no tomm lor.

ong/astro: the sling n pounch look similarto me wo other trhen sling adjustable isit? i saw ppl usethose typewhere they can bf is which type? The pupsik site, sling n pouch r the same thing, make me abit confuse wo.

astro: no for me, M dun like carrier
sad.gif
gog to sell off my carrier liao

tien: at 1st mth shd be Hep B if u opt for 5in1. if 6in1, dun need hep B on 1st mth,directly 6in1 1st jab fr 6th wk

annette
All the more we shld BF when we r sick coz the antibodies will b passed on to the babies when we feed them. the trick is NOT to pass the virus to them so muz wear mask each time we come into contact wif them. its v tough but hv to do it else u will suffer more when they catch the virus fr u. Also make sure u tell the doc u r bfg so they will prescribe bfg-safe medication for u.
happy.gif

Famela
My idol! U brought 2 kids along for a movie! wat movie was it? Till now i still hv no guts to bring RN out alone, let alone bring my son along!
Btw I am using tommee btls... coz heard it fr astro earlier... thou RN is not showing any preference for the type of btls, i juz wanna get one closest to my breast as possible.
happy.gif

I really wish to recover asap too... think i am too stressed up wif RN's erratic nights the past few days...

hippo
yeah its tough to be sick... coz i keep wanting to bring RN home but my mum said to leave her for the night... luckily i did... i was so feverish and drowsy yest... doubt i wld hv the strength to carry & latch her... feeling much better tdy.
happy.gif

Ur parents r v responsible. Its gd to minimize contact... over at my side... there r 2 tods and 2 babies... cant risk hvg one of them falling sick.. its a domino effect, once 1 kena... the rest will b at risk... so my mask is on me 90% of the time. sigh...

Jrrt,
ha! not responsible enough. cos Dad was sick and refused to go see doctor til he passed it to mum then she grabbed him to doc's together. see? luckily i staying with my parents and not ILs. my own parents i can scream and yell. hehe... IL forget it. like mute like that better dun say too much.

the other episode was shortly when we came back from hospital. EVERYONE was sick. including my brother, my maid, HB & me. funnily Min sailed through it all. but yeah we all were wearing masks at home. not very funny at all.

rest a lot and drink a lot. then can 100%. ... jiayou!
happy.gif

Yeppie! Love being at mom's place! Got her n sis to entertain yx! All it takes is one bottle of ebm n I can SLEEP! Hahaha...

Gal: hmmm cuddling usually should work. Cos babies love to listen to heartbeat. My girl loves it when I put her head at my chest that's why die die want to learn to use sling.

Famela: you really one garang mom!! Movie wiu 2 kiddo? I was just thinking that with a kid when will I go watch my next movie?

Annette: I see...strange leh how come my pd will only inject at 3rd month?

Hippo: Roger that! Just need joelle to give collection instructions. Anymore easterner?

Ong: ya I will put aside and feed her the leftover within an hour but she still dun want :s

astro: ok keep me updated her btw my girl slept frm 1230-330 in the Yao lan just now cool!! Maybe it's cooling today ya? Haa!

Mie: huh the weighing machine spoilt la!! How can she bd only 3.8?! We weigh Charlotte she is 5.5 liao haa!
Oh ya just now she took 70ml ( finish the whole bot) and I also put her to my boobs for 5 mins.. I think I gotta delay her interval so she can drink more
happy.gif

tien: im not too sure leh. u called ur pd n ask again la. i was told 1st jab for 6in1 is ard 2nd mth, can do it anytime fr when bb is 6 wk hence mine is scheduled next mon. Miemie just menitoned her bb done hers also at 2mth,famela mentioned 3rd mth.But if urs is 5in1 ,ur bb shd have done her 2nd Hep B during 1st mth tts for sure.

Ong/Astro: know the diff liao.pouch better or sling?

Astro: i like the little pod pouch ... but do you roughly know how much is it?

Those that shaved baby's hair, did your baby's hair grow out evenly? Andre's hair only grew at the top, but the back of his head is still almost bald after 4 weeks of shave...
proud.gif

famela> woah! movie! what was the last thing in my mind man.. there's so many nice movies in the theatres now
sad.gif
i dunno when will be the next movie that i can watch with my hb (w/o) the little one. wah v difficult man! I can only dream abt it hehe

Re: Pre-xmas gathering

Astro> Is ur house available ?? lol did miser gave the green light?

We need to confirm the venue asap so we can go ahead to plan the catering and gift exchange procedures haha!

Joanne: is your BB still on BF? the menses you referring that you had could be lochia. If you are breastfeeding, you'll probably not have your periods so soon.

ong : My mil keep telling me not to pump too much. I knew she wanna borrow my fridge for CNY.

mie : Welcome to amk anytime. But i can't open class lah, me only know how to teach children. Haa...
happy.gif

famela : Me too late or can help you to save a bit. Hee...
Anyway, after reading your post, i think i will bring lele to the cinema soon. Last time when lele was still in my tummy, we will bring Glynnis to movie whenever there is any cartoon on big screen. Hope that my 1st movie trip with them will be as successful.

annette: make bb sleep in sling/pouch? no special way actually. like i said it's a hit or miss affair. i don't always get the position right. and mine's a peanut shell (a pouch) so it's really cramped and no extra cloth to make it looser.if i get her in right, she doesn't fuss too much. then after a while she just sleeps on her own, more so when i'm moving around. i've tried vacuuming the hse while she's in it. with the noise and all lagi she sleep soundly. the initial part of putting her in she always fusses though. just whether a lot or a bit.

jRRt: glad you're feeling better today. since RN is with your mom, then try to get as much rest as poss. get back to 100% first like hippo said. then can take care of everyone else better.
happy.gif

aiyo the movie thing was a spur of the moment thing lar. woke up in the morning and asked hubby what time he'll be home tonight. then he said late cos after his class, he's got PT with clients. heard that make me sian... cos have not gone out as a family for a long time since he went for his BKK trip. come back oso it's work or school. i decided i didn't want to mope ard at home, asked adil if he wanted to watch movie. he said yes, so quickly checked online for movies avail at CP.

there was A Christmas Carol showing at 1030, an animated movie, harmless enough so i figured ok, go.

in the theatre, at start of movie before they settled down i panicked a bit actually. add on to that, ana decided to do major poo poo 5 min into the movie! had to change her but toilet too far and i didn't want to leave adil inside theatre too long, so i changed ana just outside the theatre, ON THE FLOOR! luckily it was early morning show, not many people around. wahliao!

only that part stressful lar. and the crossing roads bit with a stroller and another toddler. but otherwise it was manageable.

next time you can try oso. can ask me along too if you want moral support.
happy.gif
hahah! then our boys at least can entertain each other and i don't feel so weird with my noisy boy lar.

tien/PY: leave bb with your moms and go catch a movie with hubby? cannot? few hours only so at most 2 feedings..? should be ok? if night show then easier cos baby sleeping already rite? just need babysitter to watch the kids lar. no need do anything much. i'm thinking of doing that this sunday. hopefully mom is free and avail to take my 2 kids off me for a few hours. it's my 6th anni! i wanna go enjoy nice dinner and watch New Moon!!
happy.gif

dreamygal: don't worry abt it.
happy.gif
yah yah try it..
happy.gif
think will be ok. the loud sound did startle ana here and there but since i was holding her, she didn't cry. just fell asleep and continued sleeping. hehe

Annette: thanks! Will ask my hubby think he opted 6 in 1.

Hippo: sure! Can collect for miemie! Miemie' ok with the arrangement?

re vaccination: eh? the nurse at the poly explained to me very clearly that 2nd dosage of Hep B is taken at 1 month.. i guess later oso can +/-. she even wrote out in ana's health booklet, circle here, circle there.

i still have her "notes" here in the book: the Hep B that goes together with the 6in1 is the <u>3rd dosage of Hep B</u> (she underlined this for me - as opposed to 1st dosage at birth, 2nd dosage at 1 mth). this 3rd dosage by right supposed to be in 5-6 months but they add this to the 5in1 to make it 6in1.

she also explained something which i did not know abt: mothers who are hep b carriers cannot opt for 6in1 for the child. i wanted to take 6in1 but because i cldn't confirm confirm with her that i am not a carrier, she told me to go back and call kKH to confirm the results of my bloodwork again.. the one i took at beginning of pregnancy. i tried to tell her after that KKH's policy is no call means all ok. i did not receive any calls after blood work so must be ok. but she insisted that i go and double check with kkh. so leceh. anyways, my appt has been set for 14 jan. just have to decide on that day whether going for 5in1 or 6in1. $290.40 vs $326.10. she wrote all these in the health booklet for me...

different healthcare providers haf different vaccination schedules?

shugar/joanne> i also on tbf but i had my menses. my gynae said some women are very fertile even on tbf menses still will come haha.

tien>> of coz me okie with the arrangement! then i go and collect from you.. TIA!

wa, polyclinic 6in1 only $300+! the 6in1 that i paid is $550 excluding gst.

regarding isabelle's weight>> confirm they mistook the 5 for 3.. coz i carried her and weigh just now.. reads 66kg, then i weigh myself alone, 60.5kg.. how can she be 3.89kg!!!

mie: confirm they made a mistake la.. don't think your baby can be less than 4kg at this age rite? unless maybe born really2 tiny...? wah, you paid 550+ for the 6in1? ouch!

PY: i echo miemie's qn.. when? when? some pple can conceive after 6 weeks of giving birth you know.. hehe

today so quiet?

my girl slept WHOLE DAY! see ah her schedule today..

7.30am: she woke up. feed, change diaper, play a bit then sleep.
9.45am: woke her up to bathe, change etc before i brought her down to CP for movie. wake up a bit, look here look there at CP.
11ish am: sometime during movie, slept. movie ended, put her on stroller, woke up.
1250pm: walked home from CP, sleep.
1pm: carried from stroller to bed, still asleep. slept til 3plus.
3plus: woke up, feed, sleep, put down, 5 min later woke up. cried for milk, feed. she did this abt 3 times.
4plus close to 5pm: finally went down for another nap and slept alllllll the way.

just woke her up at 10pm, changed her bla bla.. then feed 10 min, put down in bassinet and within 5 min KO again.

must be the weather!

either that or the movie overstimulated her and knocked her out flat.

pray hard that tonight she doesn't wake up more than once!! :S

PY,
really? so if menses come already then that means very fertile? hahaha...

miemie,
good good 5+kg is good. hmmm... seems like Min is a featherweight hor?

wahaha i dunno man!! wah it seems that alot of babies slept throughout this afternoon!

mie/famela/hippo> my gynae ask me to be careful.. she did pap smear for me and reassure me that "if this can go in, ur hb also can" then i reply her.. "sorry i got no time" haha then she very cute lah she just "shouted" out of my hb who was at the sofa saying "sorry i tried" LOL.

she ask me to concentrate on one first hehe.. but i would like to have a baby in the year of rabbit (2011) :D

that's what my gynae told me lah.. on the fertility thingy hehe.

speaking of weight loss, how's everyone doing in this dept? i think xoxo prolly back to pre-preg weight already!!!

now that it's ancient history, i can declare that i gained 18kg. hehe... as of yesterday, i have lost 14kg, still another 4kg to go...

PY: lol! your gynae is so farnie!

for me, i got time, but no mood! haha!

weight: i have no idea what my weight is now. i gained 14.5kg. my weighing scale is spoilt lar. kept flashing 55kg since week 2. how can? 55kg is lighter than my pre-preggy weight, and at week 2. i may be delusional sometimes but even i know this cannot be true.

if i had to guess, i am probably at 57-60kg now..? shld be close to pre-preggy since can fit my old jeans.. but tummy still flabby2, wobbly2
sad.gif

weight gain / loss >> i weigh 60.5kg this afternoon coz i din have time to grab any food! usually is ard 61kg +- la.. weight drop but that pc of meat is still hanging there!!! you all are bf-ing, have time to lose the weight.. im not bf-ing, so i prolly will be at this weight for quite some time i guess..

PY>> you are taller than me leh, and your bones are heavy.. for me is all fat!!!

and about fertility, even menses not here does not mean that you are not fertile.. these few months after birth is the MOST fertile period and even if you're bf-ing, it doesnt guarantee that you are absolutely safe!

hippo>> erm, i tink isabelle a bit heavy leh.. heehee.. she's almost double her birth weight within 2 months! and the pd said she should be drinking at least 80ml now, but she's drinking 100 to 120ml per 3 hour, and on total forumla! formula babies tend to be bigger leh..
sad.gif

that day xoxo carried isabelle and commented that she's solid!! heehee

eh just weighed myself. now it shows 57.5kg. not stuck at 55 anymore. so don tell me that time i was really 55?! cannot be wat..

wow hippo, that's fast! How did you do it? I'm now trying to imagine a 18kg lesser hippo >_<

I've only gain 4.7kg and had lost 10.7kg up to date. Still another 4kg to go back to my ideal weight. But hor, tummy cannot make it...hazi dunno what to do.

PY, I'm also aiming at a rabbit baby. Have been brainwash by my hubby... scare when I'm old, no one to go shopping with me. So we are going to try for a last time, to have a girl. Astro, wanna join me?! keke

My menses have not return though I didn't latch nowadays, only give ebm.

Errr... I think I'm one lazy mummy, still haven't bring Reagan for any injections. Am thinking to drag as long as I can and only do those compulsory.

Re Sling: I went to try again but I can't even get through the 2nd ring! I'm hopeless...

Gathering: Gotta depand where is it hold at. I've ltd knowledge of Singapore roads (xoxo &amp; hippo should know) so if it's somewhere which I'm not familiar, I will give it a miss as I don't think I can cope looking for a place with a baby and kid in tow.

wah, you gals talking about fertility here...although gynae gave the go ahead to ahem BD again.. not a bit in the mood leh. With baby in the room all the time .. how to be lomantic? hehe LOL *blush* But in time to come, i also hope for baby rabbit or baby dragon

Weight wise, still got 3 kg to pre-pregnancy weight... but these last 3 kg like very stubborn, haven't lose anything since the past few weeks. But i think my hips had expanded, cos i still cannot pull up my pre-preg shorts..

sotong,
wow!!! you've decided not to close shop??? that's great. things must be going well on your end or you wont be contemplating #3. jiayou! hehe...

sotong, py,
i have been trying to watch my diet. ate very healthy during confinement. even til now i still eat like bee hoon soup or mee sua soup at home or porridge aat home as much as i can tahan. only when i get very sick of it then i buy outside food. gynae told me to cut out carbs as much as possible and avoid sweets. have been avoiding my favourite things for a long time now. think breastfeeding helps burn more calories as well. but my hips are way too big its not proportionate
sad.gif
have started brisk walking round the estate. yesterday took my bike out and cycled til my legs went soft. am still on the keeloid plaster otherwise i will resume swimming too.

famela,
wow! you can wear your pre-preg PANTS! *very VERY ENVIOUS*
sad.gif

Hippo,
I have always dream of going to spa/shopping holidays with my girl. Hubby is the one who always want more kids. So when I said close shop, he brought up all the stuff that I've said b4 to brain wash me. Things are getting better at my side
happy.gif

Hey, is your interview successful? Last time I used to look forward to my business trips as that's the only time I can pamper/relax myself by going swimming, followed by spa/massage and ends with room service after work. It's a time for me to recharge as a woman and not a mother.

The way you are going, I think the last 4kg is not a problem at all! Jia you!
Me on the other hand did not watch my diet. Just eat whatever I want. It seem that my cravings are getting stronger as compared to preggy time! I just finish a whole pack of mini snickers >_< but luckily for me, I'm still losing the weight slowly. Can't go swimming as no one can help me to look after Reagan. Guess I really gotta watch my diet in order to lose the last 4kg!

Back