(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

congrats clarin on your #2
happy.gif

Clarin: congrats on your #2!
happy.gif
just in time for a bunny baby!
happy.gif
wow u must hv been really busy to only realize you are preggy aft 3 mnths!

Thanks glass, lydiagal and shugar, yes, i was too busy with my life everyday in and out,that i did not feel anything amiss...my work project had been quite busy and now slowing down, i just feel hungry more often, i thought it is because of my hectic schedule...

But after i know im pregnant, i start to feel a bit nausea, dont know is it 心里坐用, feel like knocking my head...

Glass, i saw the mamy poko (pink colour pack)u mention sell $13.90 in Sengkang Venus shop, not sure is it a good deal. BTW, why do you need to use so "high end" one, is it becos your kid had sensitive skin? For diaper, i second "Fitti" one of the cheapest and good one, but it is only sold in chinese medical shop... i read your post on your schedule, more than 12 hours travel and work is no job leh! you are a human, must think of your health and kid, is there any way to balance it? sorry for my kpo, but just my 2cents...

clarin: thanks, i went to giant, got 52 pieces for $27.90. During NTUC sale can get at $21.90 I think. Tried a few brands, those stick ons lose their elasticity when we tried to get my son to pee into potty then. The rest not so absorbent. Pampers leak badly, some others cut into my boy's thigh. No choice.

The pull up pants are the easiest to wear and doesn't create problems.

Well, it's the nature of my job that we have long hours. Only good thing is a few extra weeks of holidays. I'm trying to work more efficiently. The only way that is economical is if I have a second child, and hopefully by then we can sustain on my husband's income, and maybe I take up the part time offer.

Sad part is my son would rather go to his grandparents instead of me when he cries.

Glass: Oh i see, you are potty traning your boy already, that's good..

Understand the part when your boy prefer your grandparents, i had that experience before. There is a period when my girl prefer my maid to do certain things than me, i feel very sad and would try to spend more than with her. i find that kid at this age is very adoptive, which is a good thing. I booked a resort room over the weekend. My hubby, me and my girl had whole lots of fun times playing togther, went cycling and strolling along the beach, exploring the island and playing hide and seek in the room. After that weekend of quality time, we buy her over. Ha! she become very sticky to us. But of course, we got to always spend time with her whenever i got the chance. For us, we made almost every weekend a Family day, we worked very hard on the weekdays to make sure we will not bring our work back on weekend..

It is a good thing that you already have a plan in mind
happy.gif
Can take advantage of the extra weeks of holidays to spend Quality with your boy.
happy.gif

Hello mummies,

Have not pop in for a long long time... and its so happening inside here.. :D

only read briefly on the post (too much to catchup), came across xoxo's post on dre's imaginanry friend seriously while i was reading this inside my mind i was thinking faegan better dun create this imaginary friend i will not how to react and the next thing i can think of is "that thing"..

and also read abt the developements of the little ones and realise faegan is slow compare to the rest.. the words that he knows is gong gong, papa, mama, ai yah, bus and orhhhh... whenever he sees a motorbike on the road he will goes "vroom vroom vroom" instead of saying motorcycle (which we have been repeating to those dunno how many times)..

Recently have read a write up on the paper on the late speech development of the kid. They mention that they uses their brain to learn other motor skills instead of learning speech.

And something to share, I'm currently 26 weeks and is a boy and guess wat I'm an Oct mum again.. :D

But very tired this time round coz looking after faegan and now sourcing for a maid hopefully can come in by Aug or Sept.

Will pop in more often..
happy.gif

Gal / Shugar: thank you..
happy.gif

Ya am trying to rest as much coz this time round not too sure is it becoz of carrying faegan too much my whole back is breaking..

Esther> congratulation! Haha! so happy for you! good luck to finding a good maid...try not carry faegan too much, this is what im always reminding myself. Although, i know it is very difficult to resist especially seeing their cute face and movements...
happy.gif

Esther and Clarin : congratulations!

I had a dreadful last couple of days. My little one came back home from his playgroup with half the size of the Marie biscuit bite mark on his back. Certain parts of the injury had skin broken in. To say I was upset is an understatement. My husband was furious. I am more upset that the school has not even bothered to call me about the accident. I was briefed by my helper that evening when I came back from work.

Long story short. He was attacked by a 2 year old boy who has been exhibiting this tendency to bite (the teacher's words, not mine) for a while now. I told the teacher that this is a supervised play environment and all toddlers are accompanied by adults. How on earth can the responsible adult who is fully aware of her child's tendencies not been watching him carefully during the play time and instead happily chatting with another mom? When my little one cries out, the darn toddler still refuse to let go of my son's shirt from his mouth(again, the teacher's words, not mine). I almost want to file for battery charges. And in an un-provoked situation! It was on my son's back.

Anyway, gave the school a piece of my mind about notification protocol. The mom of the toddler wrote a mail to me to apologise, citing child has adjustment issues and ask me if I can understand how challenging the situation is. Yeah, like hello...why don't I bite your son and tell you the challenging work environment I am in and see if you can exhibit some understanding to my action? If she had not try to say that, I would probably be less upset. I just felt she misses the point. Her son has done something not acceptable, and therefore she should apologise, and that she will keep a closer eye on him. To say that he's going through an adjustment period, challenging times, almost smells like making up a story to the action. I hate that. grrrr.

Then my other friend tells me his daughter came back from playgroup with a black eye.

Maybe I'm over-reacting.

Forgot to say that its my son's first encounter with the school bully. I cannot imagine if he goes kindie. I think I need to enrol him in martial arts self defence class.

Babymax, when i read your post, my blood start to boil, i cannot imagine that happened to my daughter. Playground is like 2 or 3 hours period, what is the teacher doing at that time? and why are you not the first one to be informed. I can tell you that you are not over-acting at all. i will be equally furious to hear that explaination from that mum...

You mean there is another girl from the same school had black eye? wah liao! what is the techer doing in the class? chit chatting the whole day?

im more concern about your boy, is he okay now? is he having nightmares and feel very affected by this incident?
Maybe you can teach him some self-defence technic, tell him to shout out loud or push and kick the boy away if this happen...

Thanks Clarin. My boy is ok, he was absolutely terrified the evening it happened, but then over the past few days, have been better. Every night when I bathe him, I cringed to see the bite mark on his back.

The teacher said she was talking to another parent about his child, so was not paying attention to the play area. Yeah lor, I was more upset that there was no notification.

My friend's little girl went to another playgroup, and got hit by another child. Came back home with a black eye. School also did not notify my friend. He came back home, saw the black eye, questioned the helper and the next day, he went to the school principal to demand an explanation. They refused to tell him which child did that though. Really strange. As my friend would like a formal apology from the child's parents.

I don't know about you, but if my boy go do that to another child, I will personally bring him to the other child/parent and apologise.

Maybe ang moh a bit different.

Sigh....I think I need to teach him self defence.

babymax > I am surprised how lightly the schools can treat such incidents. Some of their responses are also rather unprofessional. If I were in your shoes, beyond an apology..I would want to know how they would prevent a second episode; and if that second time did occur - what would be the measures taken.

I'd not tolerate having things swept under the carpet. That said, the purposefully clueless, rude and irresponsible parent is on the rise - in tandem with the general decay of our society and it's ethics. Dre had a similar incident some time back. In summary, the other set of parents know full well that the second time this happens, the school will be made to choose whether they want to have the bully/biter/hitter around or they would opt for stepping up to the plate and protecting the victim. We all send our kids to school for social play and learning - not to come home all bruised and injured. So the school had jolly well fulfill that objective.

I don't buy the "they are very young/got transition prbs/teething" nonsense..and therefore we sing a nursery rhyme and all will be fine sorta handling. These kids hit/bite because of some real sensory/adjustment issues that the parents must work hard to fix. Nearing 2, the kid should be able to understand simple instructions..and if s/he is beyond the school's control..it's quite reasonable to say that the child's issues are beyond what the school can handle. I got that not out of my imagination but after reading up on the subject. In the UK and I understand at least one preschool here in SG..there have been cases where some of these kids were told to find someplace else. Those extreme measures were taken only after the school has exhausted all means to help the child. It's not pleasant but I suppose if parents know that the school would do something drastic if nothing changes will they be prompted to srsly look into the issue..which could well stem from a lack of attn at home. Do something...and don't just tell me that it's just the victim/parents who must stuff their heartbreak and live with that problem. Anyway..hugs to u and the kiddo..hopefully he doesn't develop a phobia of school.

esther > congratulations!! u read my mind...i got superstitious for a while...but then i realised violet is her good friend. so even if it's "that" thing...it's pretty friendly, erm, harmless.. *gulps*

Clarin: congrats to you too..
happy.gif

It's quite difficult not to carry faegan coz i'm his main caregiver. But grateful now the carrying has lessen coz in my first trimester the keeps wanting me to carry even when we are at home, he does not want to walk on his own even from the living room to the bedroom. Now is more of during dinner time as he only wants either me or HB.

Xoxo: thanks!! Maybe it's another growing up phase for dre. Oh saw dre's pic on FB, getting prettier and her smile so sweet..

Have been reading or hearing abt the young ones being bullied in sch and have gotten me worried.. Faegan will be starting his sch in sept. The other time was talking to HB abt this sch bully thing coz one of his colleague's daughter (2mths older than ours) got bitten on the cheek. So she went to the school and confront the principal, principal said that her girl was not the first one to be bitten. I was thinking "wat kind of comment is this? So you trying to tell me that I should count myself lucky that she's not the first one?"

So was thinking wat can I do shld it happen to my child, at most I can only confront the school asking them wat preventive measures they will be taking.

I totally agree with you xoxo. I think some parents on purpose, choose to ignore the issue and just brush the behavior aside. I was flabbergasted that the bloody school did not notify me when the accident happens. Granted, it is an adult accompanied playgroup, but the parents of the child needs to be notified immediately or at least sent a note back with the child right? The email from the parents just tips the scale for me.

My friend whose daughter had the black eye, told me that a group of parents finally went up in arms against the school and parents of the child who went round "belting" other kids. But the child is still around. My friend told the principal that he is holding the principal personally liable to his kid. If his daughter comes back home with another injury, he will take all actions including legal remedies. Wah...He told the principal that he does not care how the school do it, even if it means a teaching assistant got to be in the class watching his daughter every minute of the class. He was furious because apparently besides the black eye, there are 2 earlier episodes of his daughter coming home with one bite mark on her arm, and one bruise on the cheek. I am thinking what the heck is the teachers doing in the class.

I am just relieved it has not dampen my little one's overall good experience in the school.

Heh! I know to stay away from the marine parade branch where PY's poor charlotte has been bitten FOUR times by the same kid!

Hi mummies,

Congrats esther and clarin.

Can any mummies who is staying at pasir ris share with me some of the good cc around that area? Thanks

<font color="aa00aa">hey mommies, so long never pop by the thread. Here to say HELLO again and congrats to esther and clarin!

Incident in CC/School-
PY, have you spoken to their child's parents? manage to meet them and highlight the issue?

I heard from my friend, if the child is out of control, keeps hurting other children, the school can "expel" the child

Sent my son to playgroup since JULY. not much improvement. got bullied almost everyday (pushing) teachers were not able to control everyone of them.

last week, my son's hand got scratched and his car got snapped by another child and he ran out of the room, crying badly. I was outside of the class so i calmed him down and brought him back to the class. the teachers weren't even aware that my son was missing for 5 minutes.

on thu and fri, the assistant teacher kinda "disobey" the arrogant teacher and guess what, she packed her bag and left the school immediately! Telling the caregiver that her mom is hospitalised but the fact is, she got fed up and walked off !

she ever mentioned she own a childcare centre. not sure where. her name is IRENE and she is a little bit LOUD and DRAMATIC.

Sigh, if only I took picture of her, then I can warn you all not to put your kids in her CC.

jojen, heard that star learners is good.
happy.gif
</font>/

Thanks ayoon, jojen, vankel, bbseed and xoxolight!! i hope all of u are doing fine as well.

It really hurt to hear some of the kids been bitten or bullied in the school. i always wonder how we can prevent it/teach our kids some self-defence.

One of my coll. shared with me his way. He had a 4 years old boy who was bullied by a another boy who is a year older than him. The other boy loved to snatch his toy, push him or do something nasty to make him cry. So my coll. taught his boy to self-defence himself by plotting the similar scenario at home. Daddy will say "Boy, imagine mummy is the teacher and she is busy, i am that big boy. Next time if the big boy come near you and snatch your toy..." then he will act out the scenario and teach his kid to push the boy away or SHOUT very loud for the teacher. So far, he said his boy understand and it works...
happy.gif

lydia: got another one, but i'm not very sure about the lyrics.
if you know solfege, the tune is

so me fa la so mi fa, so mi fa re do x2
la fa la, so mi so, la fa la, ti so ti
so me fa la so mi fa, so mi fa re do

It goes something like, everybody sing a song, sing a song like this ...
(but I seriously can't recall. Only know or in my impressions,) la fa la - jump up high.
or reach up high, go down low, jump up high, reach the sky...

err, maybe GUG parents can help me on this. But you can always modify the lyrics

Hi all,

I will like to sell the family set for $49.90 as it is too small for my hubby. Decided to sell and get another set instead. Brand new.

Size:
Male (XL Shoulder 49.5 cm, bust 109 cm, Length 71 cm)
Female (S Shoulder 39 cm, bust 94 cm, Length 65 cm)
Child (#2 Shoulder 33 cm, bust 53 cm, Length 42cm, 1-3 years old)

Pls pm or email me at [email protected].

5847791.jpg

5847792.jpg

hi. forum so quiet :p

Its 1.5 months to October!!!!

I tried pinegarden last year. Want to try something different this year. Any recommendation?
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,

I have 1x Marketing Assistant position open that has been tailored for a mum who is looking for something flexible and home-based.

1) Working hours: 2-5pm and this can be gradually scaled to normal working hours (9am-6pm). The working hours are guidelines only - more importantly, we value the results of your work.

2) Job description: To provide support and help execute key marketing initiatives. Candidate should ideally be comfortable in handling some sales/telemarketing roles as well. You will be dealing with product principals from Europe/Japan/Asia and distributors within South-East Asia.

3) Social media familiarity and good spoken/written English would be an advantage.

4) Ability to handle emails, essential computer skills (Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Adobe Reader) etc is required. You should also own your own computer at home. Otherwise, you'd need to be based in office.

5) You will be able to work from home 90% of the time, if you are suitably equipped with your own PC. We may require you in office for briefings and key meetings. During these occasions, if you have a young child and need to bring him/her along, we wouldn't mind.

6) The ideal candidate should be a mature, reliable and stable individual.

7) The industry we work in is involved in retail consumer products. Note, this is not a direct-selling position. Given the openness of this forum, I am sorry I will not be able to disclose much more than this until and unless you are shortlisted as a candidate.

If you are interested, kindly PM me with a brief introduction about yourself as well as your contact number. Thank you!

gal^: you may want to try cakes from cake avenue. i like their moist chocolate cakes. they do white chocolate cake too. you may want to give it a try...

Hi All,
I'm new here and I have an Oct 2009 Baby. Over the weekend I was trying to plan something for his birthday because my son has grown up and can "appreciate" playing compared to when he is 1 year old. I'm thinking of a chalet and hiring an entertainer to entertain the guest. But I'm also aware that a 2 year old may not understand Magic so the magician is more to entertain the adults and other older kids. Does anyone have any idea how to make it an enjoyable for our 2 year old?

Congratulations to Esther and Clarin !!
I saw a lot of good news here where mummy are expecting their second. I'm so tired after work and weekends we just spend whatever time we can find with our son. I cannot imagine a second one. We keep procastinating our plan.

Being a working mum, how do you guys cope?
Did anyone recently turn from a working mum to SAHM or WAHM? Pls share your stories and encouragement!

Hi mommies, I need some help...

I have a beautiful pair of Jack &amp; Lily shoes for sale (size 24m-30m). Diamond black stitch. It's black, with silver diamond stitches and a small silver bow. Really pretty.

Bought for my daughter, just collected from the PO today but after close inspection found that the lining is made of pig skin. Sad cos I really think it's a beautiful pair for the upcoming Hari Raya.
sad.gif

Anyways, I've no choice but to sell them off. Bought at $39. Willing to let go at $37, inclusive of normal postage cost. 

Email me if interested pls: [email protected]

Here are links to the pictures of the shoes which I took myself.
photo 1
photo 2

Here's a link to the official Jack &amp; Lily website:  http://www.jackandlily.com/c378006187p17631289.2.html

Hi mummies

I'll be travelling to HK next week and was wondering if anyone here who has a Ergo Baby Carrier could lend or rent (let me know how much you are charging pls) to me for a few days. I do not wish to bring the stroller and my ger is too heavy for the bjorn. Will be grateful. Thanks!

Glass: yes no.4 n all boys
happy.gif

Esther: all the best to your forthcoming BB, have a smooth delivery
gal: thks for the well wishes

Joyce: if gurantee a girl, i dun mind ha ha
Vin: thks, hope u &amp; your girl are both good
happy.gif

Any mummies here that held bb shower other than from home &amp; condo club facilities? Can provide me some info. on restaurant or hotel or club that cater buffets &amp; free venue for usuage?

Back