(2009/10) October 2009 MTBs

PU: i am a sticker to Miser leh.. i dun like him away from home.. i ALWAYS give him a black face when i hear him saying he needs to go on business trips..
technically it is only 5 days.. but it will be a horrid 5 days! with start of the sem.. and all the shit i am thrown.. i just dunno how come i become the rubbish dump.. upset :S

argh!!! i typed such a long post to reply to everyone and then accidentally hit refresh and it's gone!

irritating.

oh well

i'll just say hi now then.. too lazy to type all over again. :/ angry with myself for being so stupid.

astro: wat else your ro dump on you? i reali tot poly life more relaxed lei.. i was gonna consider trying out the part time teaching there.

just came back from bringing my son for his first visit to the dentist. such an exciting day for us both... err.. i think i more excited than him ah

famela, yesterday I was in the same plight oso. I type and type and type in my blog post, click submit, then the 'WE ARE SORRY. BLOGGER IS EXPERIENCING BLA BLA BLA'

I feel like burning down blogger that time. Finally when it was up, i went back in and only half of my post was saved. So wat to do, type lah all over again. So now must always remember to copy after writing so long. Like for this one ah.

Ya my maid can cook quite a few dishes. The basic ones lah. But when she first came, her fish head curry was so sweet! I had to cooked it all over again. Now, she cooks as good as my mum does. Coz dat time my mum stayed at my place for a bout a year. So she learned.

Can get one now wat, especially since the other one is coming. Levy is damn cheap now.

astro: reali ah? oh dear... there goes my alternative plan now

vp: i HATE when that happens! grrrr... you oso have a blog ah? can share here if you want la.. i lurve reading other people's blogs too. hehe
happy.gif

am still in 2 minds about maids la. would love another pair of helping hands but for now, am still unwilling to have someone else stay in with us.. worry about privacy issue mostly. i see how la. if i stay home and don work after #2, then no need la. if i go back to work, prob no choice. i don't think my mom can handle 2 on her own + housework + cooking etc. will cross that bridge when i get there.

famela: hmm. dun let me deter u though. if u are keen.. go for it

VP: u are a malay? i always have this impression you are a chinese.. i dunno why
happy.gif

wahh.. vp: u look more like ur children's sister than their mother lor!!!! haha... ur kids look like good children!! u r superb!

hi mummies...

i was so zonked yesterday. went to TMC early but the horrific parking ensured i became 15 mins late! the stress over the parking situation brought on my MS..promptly threw up at the gynae's office. tried very hard to "hold it all in" but when i'd to do my urine test..the TMC toilet on the 4th flr really stinks!...bleh..it all came out. downhill from there..grand total of MS-es yesterday: 11x.

the after-effects are still being felt today.
how did the doc's visit go? hmm..the baby was snoozing this time. didn't do any tricks at all. heck, it was difficult to get her/him to move...and all this time, all the baby did was to alternatively suck the thumb and stay still..legs crossed and closed. so no telling which way the gender's going...heartbeat's good, growth is normal. my gynae has started to raise concern over my weight. it has not moved. still 42kg now. and that's underweight for my height. so she's asked me to go ahead and eat anything, everything, every hr..she wanna see me at least with 3kg on in a mth's time..that sounds like a tall mission.

so rather uneventful this trip lah...

famela, chiapatty,
went to check out sorella undies today. hmph! i need XXL and the only one avail is midi. which is a bit high waist leh.
sad.gif

chiapatty,
yup that's exactly what i'm doing. i'm getting all the updates from news and also from HB we are in same industry. so i'm making sure i'm still very relevant. hard to be left behind in that sense cos i still meet my ex-coll quite often and we're always talking shop. so am ok. but i dont wanna slip into that lazy rut and let go. then its hard to turn back. some industries you can go back easily. mine will be challenging.
i'm ready to go back to work. but i'm not ready to downgrade to 2nd tier, 3rd tier employers so i'm quite picky at the same time. dont wish to dilute my resume just yet since i'm not that desperate for a job. just getting a bit bored.

astro,
aiya nevermind lah, you just hang out here with us. we keep you company lor. cant be helped if its business trip mah.

my HB been playing more golf since his working hours quite standard these days. by 6+ can chao already. i'm quite ok with that lah. so sometimes he goes off to driving range after dinner. i also dont mind. dont want him to be bored at home anyways. but last week he told me his colleague asked him to take half day leave (on my birthday somemore ok) to play golf. and i just give him the "GIN" lor. so he knew he was over stepping the line right. so he rescheduled. sometimes once in a while gotta put our foot down. but if its biz i always try to be the supportive one. men will appreciate it i think. mine did lah.

there was a couple of yrs he always worked til abt mid-night. but i get off on time more or less. so i will go and ta-bao dinner and bring to him. then he very touched lor. whenever possible he'll try and bring work home to do. so at least he's physically with me. my career was flat-lining a bit, but at least he was doing well, so i wanted to be the supportive wife.

VP,
i like the pic of the 3 kids riding on daddy. aaawww... such a warm and fuzzy pic.
happy.gif

Loke >> don't even mention the assam now..haiz..i feel i'm back to the prime of my 1st trimester..
kao_sad.gif

VP >> moi reading your blog..great to take my mind off stuff!

famela >> whoa..u can still cook? so no more nose sensitivity/MS already?

astro >> tell me abt the housefly...i collected one today...this client of mine needs me to attend this damn press visit later this evening..it's at a new eatery..i dunno if i can take the smell..what's wrong? I thought that MS is supposed to get better..it's not! and pesky pp are all around to bother us so..

xoxo,
can hippo slice some of her tum tum and offer you?
happy.gif
great to hear everything's good. i had the opposite advice from gynae of course! he was like "you dont need more carbs k. cut down on carbs." sigh... fortunately for me, all MS symptoms evaporated by mon this week. so i've been doing some form of exercise everyday this week. feeling really great. dont feel so clumsy and lethargic.

weighed myself this morning. i've gained a grand total of 3.8kg since week 5 til now. a bit too fast i think. but i can keep on exercising. oh, and today's weight is a good weight ah. (i.e. i declared weighing machine working in order, cos most days its a funny huge number i refuse to believe!
happy.gif
)

HRD >> yah, please carve out some for me...i can hang them ard the next time i go on the weighing scale. gravity don't seem to be working properly. the nurse asked me to get off and go on again just to double check. the first round, i weighed 41.3, the second time round, i stomped my foot down and tried my best to be heavier..registered 41.6kg so i round off..42kg..how to put on with the MS back in full force? very antsy now..we should switch places...MS will help with the weight loss..but i am not sure what it accomplishes for anyone's sense of sanity.

xoxo,
*offer hippo hug* poor thing. i dunno wat to say... will lemonade help u? cos 1T i drank a lot of lemonade to quash the nausea but it made my tummy more acidic. so i kept eating lah! i think that's the reason for my weight gain. of course not throwing helped too lah...

Astro, I'm malay lah. Maybe due to the way I write sometimes? I can speak a bit of mandarin..hehe and count to 10 in hokkien and very good wit all the vulgaritie in Hokkien..wahahah!!

Famela, ye ler kita melayu. Pics are deceiving. Some Ppl say I look older than my age *sob sob*. Then when I say I got 3 kids, they will say wah so young have 3 kids already huh. Ppl are confuse..

Pu, yeay my kids only LOOK like good kids. Only the ppl in the house know that. Even outside ppl tink they're very well behaved. I tot them to be lah of coz. But when at home, I'm like Tarzan. LOL!

Xoxo, hope you're enjoying it. My writing skills not dat good..*paisey*. My m/s have subside greatly. Only when I happen to smell bad tings, I become a merlion. Like last week, we were at Mac, then my HB farted (he tink its cool & funny to fart in public, idiotic rite?) and it smelled like the rotteness (got such word or not?) egg. Everything I ate immediately comes out. I should have vomitted on his pants! That should teach him a lesson.

hrd: miser seldon bring the work home. he has to make the darn machines work. by hook r by crook.. so he has to linger on in the factories..

anyway. i dun like to be alone.. last time younger. even worse.. now oldliao.. still dun like to be alone. possessive over my hb's time

yes. i need the company of all u ladies liao .. haiz

xoxo: how come ms back with such force?
hmmm.. think my weight hasn't change much though. but mygyane is not concerned.. coz i have so much excess fats.. she told me.. can go liquid diet.. also.. if i am concerned of too much weight gain. that's how much excess i have on me..

amazing u. u do press reviews on eateries.. yet u still so slim? wah..

ya. i hate houseflies!!!

re maternity panties..
have u gals tried spring maternity panties? even for a giant in me.. i found my size.. and they look nice lah.. but only in white and black though.. it has lasted me for a long time. since preg with teng till now. ha..

hrd: i dun think i can fit in a xxl wor.. i need more Ls! if ur gynae sees me.. he will flip!

VP:!!! sure or not? ur hb think it is cool to fart in public?!
ya.. u dun write like a malay.. hahaha :p

share a joke.. my mum was putting teng to bed one night.. then teng farted.. then teng rolled over, told my mum.. 'popo, teng teng fan4 bi4 (farted'.. stunned my mother!! (also amused her to no end lah.. hahaha)

then i told miser. coz i wonder how come teng knows the term.. then miser , quite proudly, told me he taught teng. coz one afternoon, miser farted with sound somemore.. teng stared at him.. then make a face when the smell reaches his face.. then miser with a straight face.. said 'teng, this is fan4 bi4 (farting).. ok?'

wah liew.. men are gross leh!

xoxo: SOON! the ms will be gone. think i had a really peak time puking before everything started to subside greatly. so i guess ur time is here soon... btw, i would also gladly offer some of my weight to u. :D

vp: my hb loves to fart in the car. and straight after i'll scream at him.. as loud as i can... haha.. cos nobody else can hear mah.. then he'll laugh and say.. "wah.. really smelly ahh..." always never give warning. his farts ah.. no sound at all one!! that's the smelliest kind of fart manz..

astro: teng learns very fast. hahha...

rina>> that post about your hubby farting in public made me laugh out loud in the office... hahahahahaha.. my hubby loves to fart in the enclosed room with the aircon switched on, and also under the blanket... faint when you lift up the blanket..
sometimes it stinks so badly i will scold him non-stop and throw him out of the room, other times i will do it back to him. hahahahahaha

yes yes yes, the rotten egg smell.. damn stinko!!

loke: yalor. These days he vocab explosion. Last night told him say teng teng loves mama (when he was asleep), then he just smiled in his sleep and nod his head. Think later ask him again see if he remember or not. Ha

Then morning cry til vomit. Then he picked up on 'vomit'. Then lunch time he choked on some small bits of food and vomit cause he having cough with phelgm. Then he told ellie, teng teng vomit.
sad.gif

Purple train teacher said shd let him go daily but the principle say 3 times weekly for teng better for teng. Haiz vexed

xoxo: your baby so cute! can suck it's thumb oredy.
happy.gif
better luck with the gender next time.

wah your MS still so bad huh? 11x?!!! i can empathise.
sad.gif
poor you... mine seems to have abated quite a bit. nose no longer sensitive. i can eat more stuff now. but nausea is still still lingers.. ESP at night when i get bloated.

hrd: did you buy any or not? i use the midi too. actually not that bad. cos it's so stretchy. if get's too uncomfortable i can just adjust for it to lie below belly. you may want to try the one astro recommended too.

vp: i shall read more of your entries after this. just now managed to read that one page aje.. cos busy catching up with my mom on msn. how old are you btw? i think you look young la. and to have 4 kids already!! last time i wanted to have 4 before 35... err.. i think now not possible oredi la. ahakz!

fart in public???! cool?!! alamak! ermmmm... that sounds bad if it made u puke everything out! :-/

astro: teng really does learn fast! hehehe and your hubby so farnie, proud abt teaching him the concept of farting. LOL!

vp; i kinda suspected that you were malay when you first joined and your nick was rina.. heheh... then along the way, i tot otherwise.
happy.gif

ah... now we swapping fart stories lah? i also have *put hand up*

remember i said my generation all guys right? i tell you farting is a boys' obsession. my brother started teaching the younger ones to fart loudly then later they pass it down from one to another.

so whenever they are in enclosed space they will let go. be it in air-con room, in the lift, in the car. they get especially excited if you're in a trapped space with them like the lift cos cant even open windows mah.

yah, my stupid brother used to run into my room, fart, then run out and hold the door so i cant run out. spastic right???

nowadays even tho my cousins are grown up (mostly), they still like to let go those silent attacks. especially when like got intense game at p0ker table. then after that it'll hit you. *PAH* then everyone wanna run out of the room. but you can't if you're ALL IN agst someone right??? *HMPH*

anyways thanks to my brother, i also learn to retaliate all the time lor. so my HB always say "how come your family can't stop farting one ah?" you know its weird. but my HB probs the only one that doesn't fart. i think his gastro system donch produce gas AT ALL?!?!
happy.gif

famela, VP,
but is rina a typical malay name? i also thot VP chinese all the way til she percha her own lobang leh. hehehe... so cute.
happy.gif

astro,
*offer big belly hippo hug* donch worry k. hippo is here online all the time. except during lunch when she sometimes meet her frens and late afternoon when she naps. teng teng is very cute. he's at that very cute age right?
happy.gif
i'll have to look harder for undies. will give the spring maternity ones a try too.

2t does not seems to be going well for me. I fainted which is quite a scary experience for me. Til now i m quite shock. I m having clog pores, break out. Is there any recommendation to facial which includes extraction of the black, white heads?

Thanks.

hiyo..i am back. this trip was for the new holland village jap restaurant called yoshimaru ramen. http://www.yoshimaruramen.com.sg/ ,place quite happening and it was full hse this evening..if u need a midnite fix of traditional ramen, u can visit this plc cos it stays open till 1am. the ramen's pretty interesting..the soft-boiled egg..is hard boiled on the outside, "soft" on the inside..and they have pretty decent chicken gozen...ok enough hard-selling. but a must try is the yuzu ice sorbet..that helped (thx HRD..abt the lemonade..i was like "eyes light up" when i heard it's citrus sorbet...and yeah, it worked. i am praying i can keep all that good food in my belly now.

abt this weight gain thing..i will just try to eat whenever i can. no pt stuffing myself silly, it will certainly backfire..going for a hypno birthing open house tomorrow..also at holland village! what's with this place and me now??

famela ... i agree with you. nights are the toughest..i get jittery as the night wears on. bloated, queasy, hungry, uncomfy, hormonal..you name it.

astro .. did you read abt the 5kg babe in the papers today? xoxo is in shock..and it's not uncommon..looks like we should organise our forum a little bit for the fun of it. after we've all delivered..let's see who's the sumo and who's the feather (i think i volunteer for the latter)..muahahaha, light-hearted stuff not to be taken seriously ok!

Loke >> The "peak" for me was at least a week ago..it went off and now it's returned with such ferocity I am so appalled...very distressing. this mind game with my body is heading nowhere..sanity at stake. i am serious, was going bonkers with yesterday's episode.

ALL THE FARTING STORIES >> this room is getting very smelly. xoxo lights some aromatherapy, place some carbon sticks and dust more baking soda...zen..

ww >> have you called yr doc? Where were you when you fainted? did you knock your head? rem my earlier post where i wrote that fainting/dizzy spells are common now because of the change in blood pressure around that 100th day of pregnancy when baby's umbilical cord starts to gush with blood? hope you are ok..on the pimply issue, i am also experiencing breakouts but i went back to my usual spa and their natural french clays did wonders for me. it's ok now. yep, they do proper extraction and i've always found them really good at it..their extracted spots do not swell, turn red or become inflammed. best part, not too painful. if u want to go there, just let me know and i can provide u some details.

XOXO'S HAIRY CRISIS

Mtbs..serious help required. u know i am so itchy / gatal i just needed to go and sign up for this aqua-aerobics class at KKH right?? Well, it begins on May 2...today's Apr 17..and the entire Singapore doesn't seem to sell size "S" swimming costume for a slowly ballooning preggie like me.

I've tried jumping into my regular swimming costume..it's like stuffing a chicken. I tried on mothercare's only sized tankini, size 10..it flopped on like a curtain drape..just bend over and the game's up..everything "spills"...*embarrassed*

plus this is the worse bit...i thought i can get away by wearing a more decent looking bikini..but realised not at all! I'll be a rambutan in the water..do u gals have hairy tummies, hairy arms, hairy thighs, hairy lips, hairy sideburns...rats, everywhere is hairy except the neck, fingers and toes...shaving doesn't work cos the HAIR comes back more lustrous than ever...in 1.5 days..
so time's running out for me..any bright ideas for xoxo?

many thanks...

xoxo : 11x? poor dear. my gynae said eat dry biscuits will help curb MS. try? when u wake up, munch dry biscuit before drink water.

you all talk about undies..hee..am going to target sorella when i go to expo tis weekend.
happy.gif

Er..anyone like have a checklist or idea on what we need to do next few mths/years? I know i got a lot to do, tink of Confinement, tink of what to do after 4 mths maternity, baby stuff, clothes. but this v disorganised.

xoxo : hahaha.. i m hairy too. chest, tummy, etc. HB keep asking me go swimming, i m tinking how to go? wear bikini oso...hmm....or shave before going to pool? or....i tink one day i will just bo chap..just wear bikini and go. hair and all. stare ma stare lo.

maybe u can go for the bikini and shave before u go?

today..i m so blurr. on half day. set out of office as
'i am out of office and will be back on 17apr09. for urgent issues please contact <myname>.'
so i m telling pple i am back 'today' and urgent query while I OOO, contact me.

power right?

my boss quickly sms me, and i went back up to office to chg it. :p

gal>> facial thing: the spa's called "simply spa". like its name, it's rather straightforward haha..no worries abt hard selling, up selling and that's a major star pt for me. u just have to call and make a booking for facial. ask for the tranquility 60min one. this is the facial that has the french clays which i like. if they know you are preggie..they will remove all the aromatherapy essential oils that they might use during the facial but they replace it with damask rose and pure oils which are safe for pregnancy. the facial's regular price. usually my facial goes beyond an hr. it's located at parkroyal hotel. reservations at 63240081 www.simplyspa.com.sg. for package, i have two there. one's a credit system where i pay $600 and they deduct per tx with 30% off the regular price for all tx. the other one, i bought last year, was a all-in-one spa (body glow, 60min massage and facial for $138nett..otherwise think have to pay more than $200+ if i'd bought each item separately). the all-in-one, you got to use one shot. so if i go in just for the facial, will use my credit system and for nails too..nowadays, i've asked for their prenatal massages. yes, they do that too..

aiyoh..i talk so much abt the facial, i think i need to go tom....can't sleep somehow..like hungry but still full..u see the hormonal wreck i am now??

astro >> my uterus pain is gone..but i would gladly exchange my MS for that any day...

gal >> u know what's the preggy brain thing that i did today? i went to my neighbour's letterbox and was so vexed that my letterbox key did not work...how retarded rite?

xoxo,
so did u manage to keep your ramen dinner down? hope it helps. i was just across the road from that ramen stall and wondering if its worth trying. thanks for the review. i'll try it next time i'm there. will try to remember I DON'T NEED COUPON in that stupid carpark. (preggy brain tore 2 coupons last time) sigh... yah, gal^ is right. i read abt the crackers out of bed too. maybe u can try?

i have a fren who wore bikini to swim while she was preggers. and she's very petite too. so you can probably try that. as for hairy crisis, well, the best way should be threading. but if its really hair everywhere then i think beautician won't wanna do for you. and its gonna cost more than waxing. i am a rather hairy one too. but i use epilator. so maybe u can consider investing in one?

Sorry to interrupt. I am a June MTB.
I have a brand new Coach Diaper bag for sale - my husband bought for me but it's not my style.
Authentic Coach Tote 77014
The perfect all purpose bag. Built as a diaper bag (includes changing pad) but designed to suit a variety of needs. This bag would make a wonderful travel bag, work bag, diaper bag or beach tote. You decide how it best fits into your lifestyle. Bag was received as a gift and never used. It is brand new and in perfect condition.
Bag features include:
• divided interior features 2 full length zip interior pockets (one holds the changing pad), 1 interior full length slip pocket, 2 pen/pencil pockets, 2 interior slip pockets. Exterior features 2 end pockets.
• hangtag
• dual shoulder straps w/max drop length of approx 9.5"
• silver hardware with a jacket style zip closure
• Approx 17 (L) x 13 (H) x 6(W)
• Style No. 77014 Retail USD398 plus tax

I am willing to let it go at S$500.
2364756.jpg

Hello people!
I went for my NT scan and got the results. Results are OK. I got a print out of the scans but no CD leh! My scan was done at TMC.

I'm also having a breakout. Not just on my face, but on my back too! Although I still go for monthly facials, doesn't seem to help much. Skin also seems dry and red (which people mistake for rosiness).

Good to hear that some of you are travelling. I managed to squeeze a quick trip to Tokyo to catch the sakura in early April. Fulfilled one of my wishes for 2009. : )

Are most of you wearing maternity clothes and underwear already? I'm still wearing all my normal clothes. I just look as if I ate too much. My husband says this is one time that I don't want my clothes to be looser and yet they are.

i am mostly in my maternity bottoms already.. tops wise, i am wearing those tube tops with cardigan to work as the tube tops are stretchable material.. and also loose dresses..

casual wear is forever the 2 polo tees that i got from spring maternity, plus the denim skirt.. so boring.. but will be stocking up more tops in the near future, when the tummy gets bigger!

famela &amp; (was it) chiapatty,
thanks for recommending the sorella undies. i managed to squeeze into an XL for "mini". otherwise QL (XXL) only available in maxi which is too high waisted for my liking. i went out and bought a whole bunch. ;) they're really cheap and good.
motomoto has new undies that FIT! hehehe...
happy.gif
am a happy hippo!

iceblue,
ahh... so you're the one with the same EDD as me...
happy.gif
janson is so cute. i wanna pinch his cheeks!! hehehe... you and HB look very young hor? ah... the beauty of youth...

so you know its a baby mei mei already?

morning all.

forum was down the entire time. when i needed some company on sun? :S

well.. as it goes.. a bad start to the dreaded semester..

was down with food poisoning/viral infection.. went to the TMC outpatient clinic.. but the GP cannot confirmed.. ask if we wanted to call in the gynae.. but we heard what he wanted to say.. and since my high fever was breaking.. and i was no longer vomitting (vomitted once when i took my panadols).. dunno got diarhhea or not but since i was constipated.. having bowel movements two days, back to back.. GP said might be.. haiz.. so in any case. since everything was under control.. decided not to 'tekan' the gynae and asked her to come back late and night.. wanted an ultrasound scan just in case.. gosh.. GP said it will cos 400 plus just to do a ultrasound?!

so miser is away in taiwan liao.. yesterday.. after the drama on sat night.. haiz.. coz if i stopped him.. he will return later over the weekend.. so forget it lah. let him go..

later i going to see gynae.. who doesnt encourage walk in. she's always packed.. the nurse say walk in. have to wait for almost 2 hours plus.. well. what to do? i think i lost another kg.. coz i can't eat or drink too much. for fear of vomitting..

today on mc.. dunno how to go to school tomorrow in such weak state.. already troubled a fren to cover my class coz i have class today (first day of the semester, i miss my first lesson!). haiz.. thinking if tomorrow need to take mc.. if i do that.. another first lesson not there.. bad record nvm.. but housefly (my reporting officer) will have to cover myclass. coz she is rostered ..

and my mcs are running out. haiz

teng at home. later need see PD too. (my mum and my miad have to bring him there.. coz i need to go queue at my gynae's ) .. he coughed the entire night and vomittedmany times.. coz of his blocked and runing nose.. which hasn't recovered..

so he missed his purple train class today. might missed more for this week.. and when he goes back.. sure cry his heart out.. and then P will come and stress me that he is still crying.. blah blah blah.. haiz..

gosh so many things?!
thinking of it makes me feel unwell!

and i haven't recount my adventure of coming back alone.. all trembling and pale.. feeling faint that sat afternoon..:S .. haiz.. dunno what to say..

Back