(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

jul:: nw with our current drive, a sedan, we put Mattea at the front. Keona is behind driver, i squeeze at the ctr, n helper on my left. i tink she can sit more comfortably than i do.. but i rather hv backache n sit next to Keona.

last time when they were much younger, we place both car seat at the rear facing the back, so one either behind driver or passenger side + the other at the ctr. n the other end sit me/helper.

but since they upgrade to facing front, cannot put in ctr de.. i used to carry one of them on my lap n sit behind passenger when i had 2 helpers (back then).. but after sent one off, Mattea takes the front le.

nowadays since mon-fri we send the girls to cc.. we moved Mattea's seat to the rear with Keona. n i sit front. but wk/n with helper, she goes front again.

like that lor.. super troublesome lor. n if say going forward we wana plan for a 3rd.. den confirm guarantee need more space le. so ya, starting to look for options now....n so road tax owas renew half year half year niah.

jul/celine:: ya.. actually for a sedan car for a family of 4 + a helper is really good enuff le. especially when both kids are of different age. :) so ya.. NOT a must or need now.. so can shelve if off.. n prolly in future can consider for more space.. anyways.. we were talking abt car seat initially rite.. bahaha~

so back to car seat.. actually i oso very confused with all the different types of seats. hb said if we're gona chg car, he might wana chg away the 2 child seats as well..n upgrade to a bigger one, as like one which they can seat to an older age. got such tings? but when they're older will be on booster le rite? i seriously hv no idea hw all these works.. lol~ kuku me!!

bobo

I read your permutations on the car seat till I blur hahaha. But if you have No 3, MUSt have MPV lah. How to put 3 car seats inside sedan?

Ok, since I've educated myself on car seats, I teach you also haha :

1) There's the type that can take from birth to 4 yrs old. So rear-facing, then change to front-facing.

2) 6mths - 6 yrs old : This is similar to Type 1 but it cannot recline so much & only from 6 mths onwards. But it has removable padding for when the kid grows bigger. So cans eat till older.

3) Booster type which has backing. Babys just bought this. Cannot recline & it's for older kids above a certain height & weight. Some say 90cm, some say 100cm, depends on the brand.

3) Booster cushion - really simple. Just a 'stool', no backing, no recline.. shd be for really much older kids liao

Can? U owe me tea hahha

jul:: thanks for the tips.. but no sorry.. im not returning kindness in tea!!!!! u wan milk i can give... or milo? bahahahahhahahahahahahaha~

ok.. errrrh.. so.. can i say type-2 (per yr listing) is a better pick nw? or not.. i tink depends on brands too n child's size.. some could be so cramp rite? then the type-3 will be better lor.. can the back rest be remove when they're much older?

till wat age shld a child be on a booster seat/cushion? 8yo? 10yo?

bobo

Why no tea??? Tea leaf so cheap leh haha

I think Babys' can remove the backing for Type 3. Guess it's the brand?

For me, I'm buying Type 2. Move Sam to Type 2 & let The Bun have Sam's Type 1. Then as they grow older, move The Bun to Type 2, & Sam to Type 4, then retire Type 2 haha

I think in Spore the age is 8 (or till they're tall enough). But those US recommends till 12. But hor, who will sit in the booster till 12 right?

Dun buy Japanese cars for now la. Later got radiation how?

I just booked a new car. Cheap, big with lot of frills like gps and reverse camera.
happy.gif
with the same price i can only get a strip down Honda city.

bobo,
I personally think I cannot manage a MPV so insist my husband to get sedan car. Now the carparks of those new buidings are getting narrower :p

current I have a booster with full backing for my 5YO boy and a car seat which can recline for my 19th mths boy. The space in the car just nice and comfy for all of us.
happy.gif

mashy,
what car did you buy? How much did you pay for the COE? now still quite high right?

bobo,
err.. yah guess my sedan is the more spacious type :p

btw, this volkswagen passat sounds damn good, keep hearing the advertisment over the radio heehee..

Mich/Celine
81k. Got the coe at 43k. They really put in a lot
of stuff to sell this car. Got touchscreen gps, reverse cam, sports rims etc.

Mich
yes! It's a lot bigger. We considered the 2nd hand cars but decided against them coz their Coe are very low and yet they are selling so high. They are actually profiting from
the sale!

Cloudme, sure.. Whats ur name in fb huh.. Or u go to my album "i spy with my iphone" the pictures in there. Or u go to mashy's profile and see her tagged photos.

Bobo/ jul: the graco one u got for shayna, back is removable and backrest also can recline abit one.

wow car topics today! YES, we wan to buy but SOOO EX even for 2nd hand car..hubby said unless I strike for #2 then he'll buy
sad.gif

currently the car we co-share wif FIL so we oli drive on wkend aft 4pm (sounds is wkend car) i vy tired wif this arrangement but yet car price so high.

smurfy, touran heard quite good heard the engine is tubor or wat so it's power enuf for 7 seater yet cheaoer COE & roadtax tat's why this model is quite hot now.

donkeymami
alot of good things.. but not tested out for a few yrs yet (The new model). so dunno..
sad.gif
oso never went into actual set, so dunno how cramp is the 3rd row.

smurfy, actually if u really need a big car i thk Touran not really a good choice personally i dun find it's really spacious but hv to trade off the low price for continental car due to lower cat COE & roadtax.

Cars

Is it true that the maintenance & parts etc for continental cars is more exp than Jap cars huh? I aws hear pple say that.

babys,
it's ok...
i saw ur album liao...
happy.gif

oh...the retailer selling at $179 at their webby..
u/p is $229...
urs from taka still cheaper...

fb took a long time to load the page from my hp...grrrh...!!!

wah all the talke on cars...

anyway u all read abt the article on arsenic in baby cereal...abit worrisome hor...not sure to continue giving mine or not, though it's not the brands they mention....
wah if raw material rice is the problem, then i wonder giving our toddlers normal rice n porrideg ok or not...or need get organic?

think organix also organic also got problem leh..how ah?

My brother is in Narita airport now waiting for a transfer to L.A.and he experience the earthquake.

praying he's fine..

Did u ladies read the article in the sunday times, lifestyle. Got a good article abt choosing shoes for children? Quiye a good article.

Jeni,
Where u read from?

BabyS,
I read bout it..that's y I have been spending alot of $ on ryan's shoes cos I think he got flat feet

Yesterday today news paper had an article. Oh i have shoe problems too his feet too thick and long for his age get bruise on top

i dun have the paper.. how to know if flat feet? Hb told me javier dun have coz he can squat.. he say flat feet people cannot squat or squat too long.. isit true? javier got big feet tho.. his feet abt 15cm now..

hi mrng ppl.. :)

re: feet
my hb no flat feet.. but he cant reall squat..haha. tink cos of his thighs too thick or prolly the thigh bone shorter than shin bone or watever?!? anyways.. ya, so guess prolly flat feet not really associated to those who cant squat.

my girls' feet seems quite big.. unlike my abnormal ones!! hoho.

Nat's feet is big too ( take after me ), I wear size 8/9...
And she has those meaty feet, cannot take those dainty shoes, Crocs like shoes suit her better cos more spacious...

bobo: why ur feet abnormal?

dolce: cant tell ur shoe size same as me wor.. I have broad feet, also size 8, but shayna's feet are so small! now i think 13cm only.. and it has been 13cm for the longest time! recently then had to retire her size 12.5 shoes..

The article said Crocs were not recommended leh. Cos its too spacious which doesnt offer support for their growing feet, and no support for the heel/ ankle if they fall...

I see if i can scan the article for u guys or not..

babys:: hehehe.. cos my feet r too small for me. so i tink it's abnormal!!! but nw aft preg, better liao.. i used to be size 3/4... nw it's 4 or smtimes 5. lalala~ but u see..im FAT n heavy.. so very very stressful for the tiny feet.. hfta support such weight!

i duno wat's Mattea & Keona's feet length nw.. but we juz bought them a pair of sandals, it's size 15. another pair we tried on is size 25.

bobo
3/4 is really small.. hee.. i m abt 5 also.. i tink for girls ur sam sengs really got big feet too but hor.... suit their size ma.. they are so... u know lah hor... lol...

Yo mummies..
Tuesday liao le. Haha…

RE : FLAT FEET
They said if ppl have flat feet their stability not so good.
And you can see they don’t have the arc.

Can go those stall where they make special sole. So their feet not so pain.

And my feet size is size 4 or 35.
Most of the time, size 35 cant fit me too. Keep on dropping out.

Hi morning ladies.

I am back from Genting. Nice cooling weather during daytime, 1 t-shirt is enuff, likewise for my boy. For nite, it is abit chilly, so I wear 2 layers.

BabyS: u r rite...Genting not very cold now, duuno is it global warming effect? haha..

yen
tink the weather going abit crazy too.. when HB was in tianjin last week, he told me today the temperature can be 5dc, next day can jump to 25dc..

yen,

Oh its not that cold now ah ?
Im going in Jun, and bought a couple of long sleeve top for Nat...so T-shirt enough ah ?

BabyS,

I have broad feet too so sometimes wearing size 8 just nice, i have to take size 9 to be more comfortable.
Nat also have smelly feet,let her wear those covered shoes, end of the day....WOW it really stink..ahhaha
Perhaps need to wear socks with shoes, but kinda warm for it and troublesome..haha

My hb and MIL are flat-footed and they got no problem squating leh... if not how they "poo poo" last time? haha!

My hb only complain that he is flat-footed and cannot walk for too long when we are shopping but got no issue walking the whole course when playing golf. flat-foot is like normal people also, they only use as excuse lor!

Looks like my boy is also flat-footed. haiz~p

Back