(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Jul,

I got 2 car seat at the back of my car. My 2 sits in '9kg to 18kg' type of car seat. Don't think sam will be ready for the booster seat yet.

Plus I feel they will be safer in their car seat.

Jul,

i'm planning to:

OPTION 1:

Borrow a from birth car seat cum pram (those can remove and put on pram) from my friend cos her son is 8mths already den upgrading...*den i save on buying another pram & car seat - ethan's pram is for 6mths and above 1

OPTION 2 (if she need it)
i will buy another car seat from 9mths or even 1yr and above.

I will let ethan sit in the front seat cos if both at the back i cannot see and if i seat at the back and squeeze with them.. and if need to BF no.2 i will have difficulties...

jul: i recently bought a graco booster seat from the taka baby fair. Was telling the lady that Shayna seems to be getting too big for her car seat but still dont meet the weight requirement for booster seat.. She said then nvm, as long as can meet height requirement.. the particular model we got, she would need to be 90cm and above, so that the seat belt can 'hold her in' and not like cut across her face etc.. so we got that.

Alternatively, u can get the ferrari booster seat. Weight requirement is 9kg..

think ur option 2 waste $ leh..

cloudme: oh yeah hor.. thanks for sharing,. never thought about the kiddos trying to play with the gear/ brake when in front seat..

Babys

can meh? That time I went aprisin to look for booster for my boy, they say min height is 100cm.
sad.gif
Else not safe. They sell graco too.

baby s,

Spreadsheet? Haha .. can i have it pls? If your hubs still have it
happy.gif
We've stayed at prudential before but it's abit rundown rite? Is Park Hotel near to the mtr?

Ask you ladies...
any of your kids smell your clothings?
i everytime bath hor, i will throw my short and tshirt outside at my bed or at the bedroom floor than go toilet bath.

this morning, my boy playing in my room, point to my clothings and than smell them. alamak.. fietish ah?

my mum said he only likes to smell my clothing and my bro clothing. smelling mine is ok cos mine is very clean. always change after 8 hrs like that haha.. but my bro one, alamak, men smell bad la.

my mum was saying recently than he like that, she so worried about this habit.

oh good thing is that, now he never bang his head when angry liao le. long time never see.

babys,
kiddos like 5yr and above(can understand what we meant by dangerous)...can be sitted in the front...
below that age or can't understand what is danger...i prefer them to be sitted at the back seat...
and the back car doors got child lock...so not very dangerous as compared to the front(usually front door no child lock)...

car Seat

I'm sooo confused *wails*

There are different types of car seats right?

As in, there's the type from birth to abt 3/4 yrs old. Then another type from 1/2 - 6/7 yrs old? maybe I shd get that type & transfer Sam to the bigger car seat then The Bun will take Sam's car seat?

Aiyoh... headache

But I do think the infant car seat's quite boliao, unless I can borrow one

babys

Your prayer's been ansered!!! You must be so happy & relieved.

bbngg

Is your 9-8kg car seat reclinable? I think Sam's evry attached to his car seat. It looks super comfy haha

mashy: I dunno wor.. the lady said so and we let shayna sit on the display piece and indeed if she was just a slightly bit taller (perhaps 90cm and not 1m) she can use liao..

this graco one is also slightly reclinable so i dont need to worry too much about her head bobbing forward if she falls asleep..

pegs: yeah prudential is a bit run down and quite small.. but super convenient..

shayna didnt go with us when we stayed at prudential. if she did ah, she might be knocking into a lot of things cos quite cramped..

let me go ask my husband which other hotels he will recommend. Dont know if he has it down in a spreadsheet, but i am sure he'll do his research one cos we go HK every yr (he's gone more often than me b4 also)..

Baby S, u got the AM slot? Congrats!
they also called me, but that time i put PM..so got Pm slot instead....but good enough got a place..yippey!

pegs, i went HK in aug 2010 with ethan... u go see my FB pics... the room ok for me lah... myabe that time ethan still canot walk so to me still find.. we did ask for bb cot.. but its inceonvenient in a sense have to go via staricase when reach basement to the mtr

janice,
Oh ya, now i remembered ... hv to use staircase at basement. Tks for reminding
happy.gif

baby s,
Now that u all reminded me ... ya, it's cramped! Hahaha .. i remembered we had trouble packing our luggages when coming back cos no space to do packing.

jeni: no, afternoon slot too! our kids will be classmates! i asked for PM slot..

pegs: I asked my husband if he will choose any other hotel, he said he'll still choose prudential because really very convenient because of the MTR, even though its a bit run down..

when we were at park hotel last year, there was one night it rained.. although we were nearby we stayed at the nearby mall until it got smaller then got to run to the hotel lor.. Then u know the streets of HK very narrow, plus the pram, plus a baby. Ask me where i wanna stay at for this yr's HK trip, i'll choose prudential.. convenient!!!

the stairs of MTR, every exit also got to go down stairs.. but if u can survive japan, HK is nothig, a bit better. Half stairs half escalator. And if they see u carrying pram down they will siam.. u gotta use ur Jeep pram again..

haha.. oh that's cool, so our kids will be classmates hehe....urs boy or girl har? mine is boy....where do u stay? me at sengkang so abit far....tot AM too rush too. but now concern Pm abit late for their nap time too....but get place very happy liao..hehe....

mine's a girl..

i stay in queenstown, but work in hougang and parents in hougang.. so shayna is in hougang when i am at work.. So more convenient for my parents.. And yeah morning i already rushing to send her, cannot rush to send her to kindy then go work.. i will die ah!

and agreee, get space very happy liao!

dunno if this means i cannot change job or must find job in this area for now. hahaha

jul, yes, that is a good way. Buy a bigger seat for Sam that would last till he is around 4 years old, and then the type that goes from infant to 3yr old for baby. Then when bb is ready to move to Sam's car seat, Sam can then have a booster seat. That's what I did also.

Baby S
u have any pix for the graco booster seat? how much is that? javier is abt 91cm so if its for 90cm and above shou b ok right.. he look quite squeezy in his combi car seat.. thinking of getiing another one but muz approve by hb lah..

anyone know whether i can get a new original padding for my combi stroller? will the agent have it? the one javier use to sit in is quite dirty so if pass down i nit to get a new one.. but if its too ex then no point..

BabyS, that's good la..your parents nearby school very good lor. ur work there also..so wonderful....no need change job for now bah..haha..
so still need take school bus or just walking distance?

mich

Yup I've decided to get a bigger car seat for Sam, then when they get older, I'll just need a booster seat. Hope I don't get an accidental No 3 hahaha

bbngg

Thanks!

babyja

Not sure, maybe can call Combi distributor to check? If really cannot change, then maybe get a new stroller pad & put on top so that's cleaner? I won't buy a new stroller liao. Already going "pok" with all the maternity clothes, milk bottles, replacement pumpsets, nursing stuff etc that I need to buy *shudder*

jul, ha ha, if you buy a booster seat, then u will have a total of 3 car seats, and with 3 kids, none will go to waste :p

Jul: if got number 3, then u dont need to worry about car seat first.. must think about which MPV to upgrade to!

Jagie: yeah i agree.. shayna's one up to 18kg also. She's only 11kg but looks very squeezy liao.. i go back take pic tonight..

does any of your kid blush?
i suddenly remember yesterday i got 2 friends whoc came my hse than haha..
he blush leh. oh gosh...
its funny

Jul,
Not cursing you. Blessing you, 多子
happy.gif

Sophie does eat well in school but just feel that more milk is good for her.

By the way, I asked the child care if they can give her a cup of milk at tea time. They said there are days they do serve milk and it's the Fern Leaf full cream milk. Maybe too used to thinking that for toddlers they must still drink FM, so don't know if should insist that the sch give her the usual FM or is Fern Leaf milk okay. Any suggestions, anyone?

BabyS,
Glad to hear the good news for you. How much is the sch fees at Living Sanctuary?

Wow all talking about booster seats already? Advanced planning. Hehe

Ya, babys, share pic and model pls. I wanna get one for my boy coz I wanna switch my Gal to my boy's current car seat. Hers doesn't have a chest buckle and she
likes to squeeze her arms out of the seat belts.

Joia: i suppose is ok bah unless u more particular abtdha, probiotics in milk etc. But shes already getting that in her food. She'll probably still need the milk for her calcium intake. And i think sch give the milk cos they make in bulk easier
Mah.

BABYS

Dun like that ah... Cannot afford an MPV lol

JOIA

Haha the flip side of blessing is a curse bah?

Depends on how flexible ur CC is, i suppose there's no harm asking them if they can serve sophie FM instead of Fernleaf? But if not, i'm sure u can supplement her with multivits if u're into them. If it's just the calcium, i guess any milk is gd as long as it isn't low fat?

good mrng all..

i've lost some of the history... latr den go read back.. hoho.

jul:: dun tink u cannot a MPV la. get a less than 3yrs used MPV lor. errrh, recently i juz checked.. the estima (hybrid) abt 3yrs juz abt $120-$140k niah. alot of cars in market oso abt this price mah...... (cannot afford meh? dun lie.. bahaha)

bobo

if no hybrid how much? 2 weeks ago we went borneo motor check, theirs is call previa lah (but same as estima), 8 seater abt $160K..

bobo

$150k??? Pls lor, we bought our present Altis for "only" $58k & that's 'chor' enough! Plus I plan to take a leave of absence again for No 2, which means Hubs is sole breadwinner again for 1 yr! Then now I'll need a maid, plus sending Sam to school, where got extra money to buy a car that's 3x our current car price? Faint!

babyja, bobo

Have you heard of this Hyundai 7/8-seater that's only like 1.6cc or 1.4cc? Is that possible? My hubs told me his colleague bought. I wonder if there's enough power to move such a big car with 1.4cc?

Jul,
if u wan go to Sg Carmart n check buy from direct owner cheaper.. lately i check stream less than $100K nia... but i still buy airwave cos the boot size of stream too small end up will likely use up the last 2 seat so might as well get salon car cheaper n spacious so when u buy mus consider all this also bah
happy.gif

bbja:: estima is the PI de. estima has hybrid version (other than ya..hybrid version.. most importantly it looks better definitely). tink abt 4yrs old is abt $90k for the non-hyrid? not so sure oso. hehe.

jul:: oh ya.. the 1yr LoA is crucial..
hmmm.. unless yr BUN nw develops into twins... a sedan car is good enuff. BUN's infant car seat can face back at the rear ctr. so stil can seat another adult, be it u or helper, at front passenger.

i dun trust Hyundai car.... if it's KIA still ok. but ya.. unless it's super-turbo-charged...duno hw the vehicle will move!

piggy, bobo

haha I'm just kpo-ing only. Won't be buying a new car. Gotta save money so that I can stay home with The Bun leh.

bobo

What? The Bun becomes twin buns, then I faint...

Aiyoh, I was thinking to shift Sam to the front passenger seat, then me & The Bun & maybe helper squeeze at the back

jul:: ya.. there're lotsa MPVs to choose frm mah.. honda airwave, honda stream, toyata wish, mazda 5, some nissan.. some other brands... or other PI like honda freed (6-seater), duno wat else... then hv higher (price) range de honda odyssey, mazda 8, etc.

sooner or latr we wld prolly be chg'g our sedan to a MPV oso. cant bear to let go this current car.. but no choice. but i prefer one with sliding door de.. so dat's y i looking at mazda 8.. but nw too expensive, price increased agn..n not in used car market yet. else, will be estima hybrid de.. cos looks better at least. i tink nissan oso has a sliding door de..but duno, not so into nissan. oooh, merc r-class oso nice..but i tink oni 6 seater.

bobo

Hee you different lah. U have 2 already & sooner or later you're planning for more right? I think I'll prob stop at 2, although I'd like to have 3. But spirit is willing but flesh is weak haha

Back