(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Joey, Smurfy,
RE : Maid

How come so QIAO?? mine also wanna go back now
sad.gif

she just passed 1 year, agent com has paid off and last week we just help her to send SGD 1000 home. she asked for bb's cloths claimed wanna send for her BIL, i give her 1 big bag. now cloths sent, $$ also sent and now she wanna go home!

Now we have to source for new maid again! haiz..sian sian sian!!!

for mummies bringing their bb to swim, what kind of float do you use now?
my girl has outgrown her neck float. dunno if she's too young to use the arm floats yet..

hihi mrng all... hoooo~

joeey/smurfy, my previous (first) helper is from fili too.. but i sent her hm aft she was with us for abt 10-11mths! cldn't stand her frm her 2-3rd mths onwards...but i did not hv time to retrain another helper, so beared with her till i got my 2nd maid (indo) in.

whn we sent the fili hm..we had to select a replacement maid to fill her position.. and it took us awhile to decide whether to take a fili or indo. aft some interviews..we took another indo... these r smting we learnt:
- fili r very proud person, they look down younger person..n esp on indo
- fili r so proud, they cannot take our critisism n scoldings
- fili tink they r so smart, they make up stories which obviousely do not make any senses but then still try to make more up to cover the earlier stories they made.
- fili's hm country is better off than indo, they do not help much in trying to save food, conserve electricity, water and all.
- fili can't do without handphone
- fili's english are not any better than a sincere indo who is willing to learn.
- etc

with this new regulation, so it means that going forward.. fili maid's salary will be at least $600/mth ah? wah lao aeh... dat's really a kill lor!!!! then i tink in no time, indo's will increase too? this is disaster!!!!! or unless those maids are already out of the country.. like mentioned.. we hfta 'recycle' maids here.. transfer here n there liao lor?

when will our salary increase then??

darn! i tink if can, we better faster faster hv bbs.. by the time they grow older, prolly no need helpers oso le. else.. domestic worker's salary increase.... nanny oso wana increase they charges.... like dat hw to afford to pay their salaries!?!

hi smurfy, regg,
i almost wanted an indo maid, but couldn't find one i like. Then, i saw this philli transfer maid sitting at the agency, interviewed her, and find her okay.

my previous maid kept crying everyday at my nanny's place. My nanny felt very xinku to have a crying maid in her house. Since she so emotionallly unstable, better send her back before something happens.

regg, you gave her SGD1000? That's a lot in pesos, multiply by 33. If she is from the province, where the standard of living is lower, she can sustain for a year without working.

fat bobo
operation will not last lar.. :p the last time it happened this year, it onli last 2 wks..ultimately, the ppl still needs money n jobs lor.. it is just the wait that is killing, especially for those caught in the fix n maidless now :p

bingo on all these points on fili.. most are like that.. there are some some weak ones.. like my silly maid who was with me for 11mths..

anyway i am taking back my high classy (1st maid n onli one that finished 2yrs contract). attitude problem at times. think she is a class higher than other maids, so she dun really mix around. workwise okie.. i just dun wanna keep on changing n changing maids.. 4 maids have come n left for the past 1.4yrs. i am sick n tired. just go back to one that give me attitude problem sometimes but sticks with me for another 2yrs now

Joey, fatbobo,

NO NO!! i dint give her the $$$!
was from her salary! she just work passed 1 year, paid off her agent and now she has abt $1400+, and she request us to help her to send $1000 home!

hi deebee,
i let my girl use arm floats, i still carry her, my hands under her armpits to wriggle around in the water ... :p

oh ok... so it's not like a new regulation tingy..which is gona take effect or something... :)

ya.. i tink smtimes we really juz hfta close 1 eye.. or even 1.5eyes.... n tolerate!

fatbobo,
i agree with u on the fili maid pointers.. tt y i got a indo maid and she is hard workin even learnt to speak abit of chinese now...

Regg,
oh dear my maid tt day jus told me after a yr she wan to remit her salary home wor...

regg.. hehe.. oic. lala~

re: swimfloat
we're oni sitting them in those 'feature' floats.. most, they hv their legs in water.. n hands outside to splash water niah.. not really able to be in the water to 'swim'! den before we cm out of pool..juz take them out of the floats n carry them in the water niah.

i din dare to 'throw' them in water leh.. i scared they will be scared!! -.-"

on my indo maids.. i lagi appreciate them for willing to handle my dog.. n take care of him although they were 'not supposed' to touch dog. they even use their fingers to feed my dog his fav durian. when he's sick..they will sayang him alot.. sit by him n talk to him.

my previous fili..she's not afraid of dog..(or maybe she was esp when my monster started to get excited when gog gaigai..bark bark n cldnt calm down n sit down still).. she will shout at him..n very impatient to him de lor!

very angry when i saw that!!!

Re: Maid
fili ones tends to play and sing to kids more. current helper loves kids and can sing all the kiddo songs to entertain them... but her housework quite "slipshot". dont know why wash dishes forever will still have bits of food on the plates.

didnt have indo ones yet, but those I see outside, have "howlam" face leh... like whole world bully them.

smurfy,
wow, your first maid is the one that finished 2 years contract. good to get her back.

regg,
your maid has $1400 of salary after finishing 1 year and paying her loan ? sorry, i'm still a bit blur blur ...

bobo,
good that you found the indo maids who are so sincere and patient. Patience is a virtue
happy.gif

anyone watched these shows...
- 18 and counting
- Table for 12
- don & Jon plus 8 (cant remember exactly)

reality show on couples with at least 8 kids. Mum is SAHM but no helper. its crazy! I only have 1 kid and already like mad woman...

There's this woman who gave birth to 18 kids (if I'm not wrong all singleton) and bf for 25 years!

sharon, yup, fresh milk is those cold kind. But you can warm up before giving to the baby.

bobo, most maids know that the new $600 regulation is just a regulation lah... those who demand $600 won't find a job. Plus other terms of that regulation include weekly off days and 1 trip home every year leh... can faintz

smurfy, I follow that blog you mentioned, that lady is amazing and serves as my inspiration whenever I feel like I'm going nuts with 3 kids.

kiki,

i'm a fan of these 3 shows..the 18 and counting is super li hai also... no debts at all.. and all the kids home school.. cannot dance and gers cannot wear pants/shorts onli long skirts.. no kiss b4 marriage..

but more for jon and kate plus 8... even went to buy a book on it..

Kiki,
not true wor my maid will play with my son but sing i tink initially she sing him malay song lol~~~ i tink as long as u tell them wat u wan shd be ok bah... ya some maid face look like those qian bian face so chosin a maid tt u feel comfortable with the look is impt as well:p

Regg,
ya lo but she haven told me how much she wan to sent la cos she jus finish her debt only so her salary only few hundred...

kiki,

Can i check with u which software did u use to convert your montage to dvd? I'm using a free one downloaded online but when i convert it and play on the dvd, it has the words 'testing copy' on it ... wldn't want to show dat to my guests leh.

pegsfur
I used picasa, free also.
happy.gif

Converted the montage to wmv format and I add it to the windows media player playlist so that his other videos that I took throughout the 1st year can be played together.

kiki: i love those 3 shows..

jon & kate plus 8 was fun to watch until the divorce..

18 kids and counting (now the show renamed 19 kids and counting) is fun to watch!!!

smurfy: yeah i agree with u about the link. serene and henson are great inspirations.. and their kids are all so well behaved!!!! in church, they are such angels, all know when to keep quiet, participate in service etc..

kiki: i oso love to wat JON & KATE Plus 8.. when i was on MC or hosp leave before delivery.. i owas watch de.. until got one night.. i dream (or nightmare?!?) that my 2nd pregnancy.. i got triplets.. i so scared i duno wat to do!!!! bahaha~

their 6 little ones all so cute.. very very very cute!!

i dun like the 18 kids n counting though.. so far oni watched once.. i dun like!

i'll just go to the 400 plus and just scroll from there..

i can only remember that E entertainment is 441.... ahhaha then i will scroll down from there.

gals, sorry side track abit..when shall we order the buffet for the mass bash? 2wks before?
Which caterer? Good Luck Kitchen? but our budget is $10 per pax le.

Donkeymami,
i tink if wan gd luck shd be ok cos portion big we can order lesser... my boi party i invite ard 80pax+ but i ordered 65pax nia n still got left over...

jon and kate was fun to watch cos they always bring all the 8 kids out - on their way.
but with the divorce... sian!

19 kids and counting, think that mum really super to go through so many labour... not like pop 6 kids at once... and she bf for 25 years!

piggy, i heard the portion from gd luck kitchen is big..i cal got 51 adult so we jz cater 40 or lesser will do right? cos abit tight in budget le..we oli got $510 if cater 40pax $480 + transport $50 =$530 liao
sad.gif

i am so excited about baby's day out!

shall we meet when we're there or just meet each other when we're on stage? Cos as of now, i think i can only recognize donkeymami when we're there...

donkeymami,

Or we can order for 38pax instead ?
This would only exceed our budget by $6.
Do they accept such odd no. headcount..hahahahaha...
Otherwise think we can go with 35pax order for 50 adults.
Their portion is really quite alot....

Hi Mummies, my colleague is about to pop but her confinement lady can't make it as she got dengue fever. She's desperate to look for a replacement. Anyone has your confinement lady to recommend?

TIA!

Hi Ladies,
re: maid
what is this "operation" of filipino maid? I saw a mummy writing on her FB, that now new fil maid salary is $600?!! Dun scare me wor...coz I got a feeling once my maid finished her 2 year contract next year feb she is not coming back
sad.gif

Hi Mummies, my colleague is about to pop but her confinement lady can't make it as she got dengue fever. She's desperate to look for a replacement. Anyone has your confinement lady to recommend?

TIA!

Piggy & dolce, ya i thk we order like 35pax shd b enuf to meet our budget hehehe...

babys, i dun meet wif the rest when we reach there..wat time shall we meet ah? 9.30am or 10am?

Donkeymami,
ya 35pax shd be ok den we have excess of $90 can buy other other thing? also drinks u gals wan to get dispenser from Lucky Kitchen n buy syrup or packet drink?

piggy, good luck kitchen doesn't cum wif drinks hor hmmm probably hv to buy syrup? cos i thk $90 may not enuf to buy packet drink for 50pax lol

Kiki, i used to watch those shows when i was in the US. esp like 19 kids & counting. don't like Jon & Kate after the divorce. now they have just kate + 8, i also don't really like.

i really admire the Duggar mummy - of the 19, there are 2 sets of twins, i think. i admire not just the breastfeeding, but how she is so patient with the children, then always give instructions clearly and how she is so encouraging. i only have 1 kid and i want to peng san...

kiki,

I've just finished my slides but how do i convert them to dvd ah? Use Create a Gift CD is it? So stress leh .. last min like dat
sad.gif

Back