(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

thanx ladies for suggestions... i tink he is tryin to take up all his leave.. but not sure if days left.. anyway today no news from them i jsu drop gf a sms say if she need to talk can always call mi.. im not gg to approach the hubby definitely!

jus gt bk.. fr car viewing
dh say buy a new car 'for me' for my birthday... selling away the old car..
so i wonder if realy for me? since he b driving LOL

FOZ
nono that stupid gynae i mention is not fr KKH
is pte one... aft him.. i chg to KKH hehe..

LS, last time Naomi also got similar rashes. then I tried to switch her soap from J&J Head to Toe, to Baby sebamed. The rashes dissapeared in 2 days time. Now I'm using California baby.

mrs ngiam, lamagier - i hope you're right. ppl keep telling me that, but is it cos those mummies really put in a lot of effort to spend time with bb after work, thats why bb recognise them ? i reach home at 7pm, bbies sleep at 7-8pm, not much time for me to play or feed them. i'm trying very hard but i also dont want to disturb their routine too much. today bb cry, MIL poke her head in and fuss fuss fuss. i call up hb and vent on him. not healthy for marriage either.

bestberries,
I also don't know. Maybe in time, baby will realize that other care givers come and go. Mummy will be here for them no matter what.

My bb now week nights spent at my aunt's. Also heart pain and feel sad cos sometimes feel like she's closer to my uncle and aunt. But at least at home only me & husband, so no need worry people snatch the "comfort baby" job from me. haha, it's mummy or you can sulk in your own corner.

Sigh, just want to have some reciprocation of the unconditional love from them to let me know that all the blood, sweat, exhaustion etc is worth it so I have motivation to carry on what I'm doing now. Haha, me and my ego trip. it just feels good to know someone needs me no matter whether I'm fat/skinny, pretty/ugly, good/bad at work or if I have a fat pay check or not

Welcome newly "joined" mommies.

Mrs Ngiam, I hv diff opinion, fr my CL's experience with her daughter's MIL abt confinement. Her g'son has to go polyclinic to chk jaundice level and I let her go tend to her that day. She told me when her daughter came home at 1:30pm, she hasn't even had breakfast! her MIL was the one to want to do confinement for her, so CL was not pls that daughter has no b/fast. then, when she completed with me, she went to help with the confinement but found her daughter's MIL bought only small fish (which in her expertise belief cannot help to increase bm) so she merely told the MIL, "actually the big fish will help with bm production" Wa, cannot manz, the MIL became upset and in the end, her son in law also told her to back off.vShe pissed off and asked her son in law what kind of hb he is when no one could care less if his wife has had b'fast or how long she slept in the night (one night her daughter held on to the bb for 4hrs trying to feed him, and kept trying that same bottle of FM, this was when we insisted she MUST go see her daughter).. Some MIL are simply unreasonable!

bestberries, lamagier, hang in there, although i didn't work after my #1 was born but i stayed under mil roof so i couldnt bond with my #1 until much later, and when they are slightly older, you will be the center of their attention and have more chance to bond, and once bonded always bonded cos they will know who is the mommy.

Bestberries & Lamagier, I hv reverse happy problem. K is super glued to me, was just telling Muffingirl I cant even drive properly this evening. had to stop the car somewhere to hold him before we made it home.. He wailed until I lost it. to make things worse, the Woodlands carparks are not big car visitors friendly. visitors have to park on 4th floor up, and the ramp is super narrow, almost brush my fender.. @#$%^ the architect must be driving smallest car in the whole world or what, the ramp really look like built for Smart.

kim
i agree
if uwan to do confinement for ppl
better do it well
dunoffer and end up the new mummy hav no sense of security
no proper routine.. mummy duno wat to expect.. v easy to break down

when i had confinement
whether i am sleepign anot
my dh make sure on the bed side thr is 1 chicken essence (half open so i can open easily in case i no strength), 1 cup of warm milo/oats, my vitamins... so i open eyes no need move i can help myself to the buffet...
then if i tired ijus slip bk to bed dun move at all.. at least i know i get to eat i dun need to worry bout gg hungry and then no milk!
when iw an pump milk everythg is ready to use.. no need wait to sterilise waste tiem n end up getting tired fr waitin n wan to sleep instead...
time is precious during confinement!

HBB, I am glad we managed to make my MIL come after my confinement although I know she wants to help and to see the grandson asap.. But I think my hb managed to convinced her that she can't handle my diet.
I have heard too many of such MIL who "volunteer" themselves then half way run away. CL also told me, bcos her daughter is staying at her SIL's many thing was difficult for her. the MIL pretended to "realize" she is CL, so told her,"oh, since you are more expert, then you do for her lor". But after 2 days, the MIL told her,"ah, actually you should not cook so much cos after all, this is my daughter's apt, cleaning up is not easy.."

Thanks coolkero, kim

Kim = K's universe. Hahaha, which carpak were you at? I remember my husband came across a few carparks, especially older shopping centers, ramp so narrow that even normal sedans have problem getting around =p

Yah, confinement period very impt. Cos trying to get used to everything, body all haywire, will need all the support you can get, especially from the husband...

I kinda liken babies like pets, they naturally love caregivers that spent the most time feeding them, and caring for them, not that they forget who cared for them in the 1st few months, and I guess with babies, they haven't establish the concept of relationship. But babies will grow up speaking our language, know the meaning of parent and child, will hopefully understand how lucky they are to have us as parents who have their well-being at heart.

hehe, my girl is also very attached to me, and it bugs my MIL who wants the grandchild to love her, "complains" that the bb wants to look at me while she is feeding her, fusses when I walk out of her sight. I hear this everytime she is around with the baby, and frankly bugs me to no end, wish she just stop saying it. Very often I get "blamed" for the bb needing me to put her to sleep when the truth is that they try to play with her till she is over-tired, and can't deal with her desperate cries for sleep. hmm, maybe it ain't so rosy on the other side of the mummy fence
sad.gif

Lamagier, I was at block 505 Woodlands dunno wat.. Some carpark here not suitable for my car. I know for one, the centerpoint. I always brush my old car until I decided I had it
kao_frustrated.gif
. Now I wont even drive there cos the last one was Japanese car, not expensive to repair. Another is Great World city, I can only enter the left gantry. And for the Suntec city, I have to drive very close to the barrier, almost touching the bonnet before the reader reads and lift the barrier for me to exit. I brush it once cos the humps prevented me from going forward slowly, I hit the gas peddle too hard. I almost wrote to Suntec to tell them to move the barrier further away from the reader cos I was so afraid I will crash their gate one of these days, but after much practice, I am expert in Suntec car park now.
kao_laugh.gif

Lamagier, yes, to name a few--International plaza (narrow ramp and too many pillars also), HPL building (squeezy but can still park and one in Robertson Quay (forgot the name). The last one, I cant even turn right as instructed!!

Sam, nod-nod!! I dun gv a D of what will happen if my MIL give such comment, but I felt bad for hb. cos he only sees K in the morning. Although K is alright being held by him, his eyes will follow where ever I go.. He can get distracted by the play and teasing by those holding him, occasionally, he still pout and eyes nose turning red as if he remembered that familiar face is not around.

hi, my boy has been coughing for the past few wks.. is act an intermittent cough... went pd 2.. say is due to his allergic nose. given medicine to takee... but, is a been 2 days.. still e same.. any suggestions??

shld i bring him to c another pd n also his 4mth jab has been postphoned due to this.. would it affect him??

Jasmine, nose allergy cause coughing and not stuffy or runny nose? any idea what is he allergic to? Dust? No harm seeking 2nd opinion, and perhaps ask if pd can do allergy test so you can remove the allergen(s) rather than depending on med. Hope he feels fine soon!

kim

Yes i oso wont go east shore coz my ex col had a terrible experience there.. His wife was pregnant around the same time as me meaning shld be June baby.. But coz the gynae there din advise her to do this scan i think b4 3mths.. i cant really rem the name of the scan oredi.. but only ask her to do detailed scan.. end up coz not doin the scan they din detect the baby was not healthy n she had to take out the bb and it din survive!! it was so traumatic for both of them tat till now they cant even have intimacy as they fear to have baby.. im so sad for them esp wen i heard it, coz i was pregnant then n i feel so much for them.. its so clearly a case of negligence and dun care attitude.. haiz..

mummyjj
My gf son was oso on S26 n he had the same prob n oso loads of red rashes on his face.. my gf feel its too heaty or something n she change fm to Nan.. It work well so far for her n all the prob went away.. so think its the fm.. u may wan to consider changing..
happy.gif

hey ya mummies! weekend is around the corner..; ) can have more time with baby!! On the other hand sometimes I feel all the 'free' time we used to have is burnt...used to go out movies and etc with hubby, not anymore...gotta think twice or even thrice before planning to go out anywhere..weird, anyone have this feeling too?? but of coz, I also treasure all the time i get to be with the baby in weekends...

Btw, I read from another thread that we ought to change our milk bottles and nipples every 3 mths...I'm using avent since birth and now gonna be 4 mths...how abt u mummies?

Oh, can the administrator of our July 09 mums FB account accept my request to join? Been pending for a while oreadi leh..Thanks ah!

Yan, you mean the doc advised them to have early C-section before bb was fully term? I only know there are:
1. Chorionic villus sampling (CVS)
2. Amniocentesis
3. Blood Test & Nuchal Translucency Test
These are recommended for women above 35years to detect Down Syndrome.

CVS can be done earlier than Amniocentesis fr 11-13wks if I did not remember wrongly. Amniocentesis is 15weeks. I did the blood test & NT test becos it is least invasive although not as accurate as Amniocentesis.

All these tests will be told/ advice/ recommended to patients but it is the patient to decide IF they want to do the test.

I pray they they realize the bb is already NOT healthy, and perhaps to lose it is better than bringing it to this world.

One reason I won't go East shore was bcos after my cousin's 2nd daughter was born, she was very much darker than Chinese baby, her heart valve did not closed (commonly known as hole in heart) and she turned blue every time she cried. The med personnel, incld the PD did not realise something may be wrong with the child and after discharge from hospital, she fell into unconsciousness.

Good morning mummies... TGIF. Nice weather to be at home snuggling up in the bed with baby. Too bad, i ended up sitting in front of this pc.

Blessed
it's been donkey years since i last watch movie. the last time was before i was preg and somemore had to take leave just to go for a movie with hb. shopping is also so different now. it always end up looking at baby stuff. N never had a chance to look at our own stuff at our own leisure cos baby always fussing. Anyway, just bear with it. when they are much older, things get back to normal... i HOPE so.

Kim
It really sadden me to hear so many horror stories due to dr's negligence or ignorance. One horror story abt East Shore I've heard from my friend whose son was admitted there for high fever.... they encountered blackout! Not too sure what happened but I think it's terrible enuf for a hosp to experience blackout even for 1 minute. Many lives can be gone within that 1 minute. Hope with their new renovation, their facilities are much improved.

ETirto,
Are you the one who has a leapfrog tag for your #1? Does he like it? Thinking abt getting 1 for my #1's birthday, she's turning 3 in Jan. Wondering if I should get tag or tag junior? Any advice? TIA.

Hi Kim,
I do agree with you that mil will not be happy if the girl's mother try to comment or teach her what to do during confinement. This is always the tricky part, what to do in order not to sour the relationship, and make things even more difficult for daughter who will be trapped in between.

However, I feel that at least the girl can have someone to talk to. Like what is on her mind, her fear, or even as a mental support for her. Rather than keep everything inside her, which is not healthy. Sometimes, we can only talk certain things to our mother, which we can't even mention to our husband... =p

Bestberries,
I believe everyone of us are putting in our best effort as a mother for our babies. Don't be too stress about it. When you reached home, if they are not asleep yet, then try to spend time with them. Like putting them to sleep or talking to them. During the weekends, spend more time with them like bathing them, feeding or even playing with them.

Well, if possible, try to communicate with your mil that you want to learn to handle your babies yourself when you are at home. And you will ask her for help if you really cannot handle. Of course, I know it is not easy to talk just like that. In the end, somtimes I will also just lock the door to prevent my mil from coming in to help if my baby cried... haha... a bad example ^_^ well, at least I explained to my husband why I am doing it beforehand.

Hi lamagier,
my colleague also left his son at his in-laws' during weekdays and only bring him home during the weekends.

Like what coolkero mentioned, they will bond with the parents as they grow older. Now at 2 years old, my colleague was telling me that everytime they bring their boy back to in-laws's place, their boy will follow his mummy around, cos he knows that they are going home without him. Where usually he will always followed his grandfather downstairs for a stroll, but not on Sunday night, he wil refused to follow his grandfather down and stick to his mummy.

kim
They had to take out the baby thru induction!! Tats y its such a trauma for them as she actually went thru the labour process but baby could not survive.. they fount out something was not rite wif the baby wen they went for the detailed scan, and they had to induce it out coz the gynae told them the chance of the baby surviving is like only 10% or something.. But they could have known abt tis if the gynae had got them to do the Blood Test & Nuchal Translucency Test.

The gynae din even offer tis option to them.. Im under 35 but my gynae advises me to go for all the test except amnio unless my detailed scan show abnomality but he left the decision for me, but the diff here is at least there was an option to choose n advises r given which in their case non was given..

blessed09,
I change her teats every month and bottles every 2 months (once i see any slight scratches in the bottle, I'll discard it)... I'm using NUK latex teats, thus need to change frequently unless using silicone ones... my hubby was grumbling that i waste $$$ but i still insist on changing it regularly...

joanne
I oso using nuk.. the latex teat really very mafan leh... i oso every mth have to change coz it gets sticky!! Oso the teat gets flatten wen he suck too hard if i dun change.. do u get this prob? My hubby oso grumbling say how come our bb so weird mst use tis kind of teats n have to keep changing bottles.. hahhahaha

wa wa joanne! xu yao ma! changing teats i understand. (i just change teats only) but bottles every 2 months! the baby will drink milk all the way to 1yr plus wor. u will need at least 5 cycles of changing?! $$$

re: Bottles change
Wah, I was still thinking of changing at 6 months... Expensive... I use medela bottles, put 6 bottles at my babysitter's and 4 at home for pumping.... Change every 2-3 months = more than $120 each change.... (*Heart pain*).... Anyone know if medela doing any bottle exchange promotion anytime soon?

Haha, took childcare leave and at home with baby cos my aunt's sick... Think I spread my flu to my aunt & her husband... Feeling really guilty now

aiya
lamagier! i just saw medela having bottle exchange last week! it was a promotion.. $6.50 for BPA free bottles when u do the exchange! if i see it again will post here.

bell
nuk dun use BPA free bottles so have to change every 3-6mths.. n the teat is natural latex so it gets real sticky after while and the teat gets so soft after awhile.. haiz.. really waste money using nuk but bb dun wan other teat.. so no choice

btw.. can i mafan u to post out my romper??

Thanks lamagier for the info.. Anyways we've decided to scout for a new stroller... don't wanna risk it... Get well soon lamagier! hope ur aunt & her husband recovers real quick too...

@ Blessed:It's been eons since I went for a movie also... And I agree with BbEthan - most of my shopping now is for the baby.. coz hard to look @ clothes without the baby fussing :p

changing bottles:

think for BPA bottles the reason why it is more expensive is because don't have to change so often compared to the non BPA ones. Think I read somewhere that 6-8 months change is good enough. Just need to change the teats.

the thread so fast! cant follow lehs... lolz~
been sick for the past days & my ger too, was having super high fever the night before, brought her to the PD 1st thing in the morn & totally no fever, faint... and the best thing was, i din give her any med, just put the cooling patch on her forehead...

dunno what is wrong...

blessed09,
I have the same feeling as you too. Last time, wanted to go anywhere... can just go without thinking twice or thrice. Now with a bb is different, u have to plan and think before hand whether bb can go with you. Hmm.... you are right, weekend can spent more time with bb. But I don't look forward to spending time with baby on weekend if my MIL is around as she will compete with me to care for bb.

yan
for the Blood Test & Nuchal Translucency Test its not a compulsory test. many times its depending on the patient themselves wan to take anot.
for my case
my gynae say no need also.. but i voice out my fears n concern.. and he sees i got so much thg to worry.. he say in that case i shld go for the test and scan. and arrange for mi to go at week 12

sometimes i feel as a patient we shld know wat we want and cannot wait for doctor to say wan to go anot.get doctor to asses the risk n giv us the figures n we decide ourselves. cos if dc say we MUST go..some ppl also will say doctor wan earn money!!
not tryin to side the doctor la.. but i can understand the trauma ur gf went thru....
so its a gd reminder for us.. go for the test so long as not invasive irregardless how much it cost.. since it might help us avoid certain trauma in future

coolkero,
you mentioned that your #1 could not bond with you in the 1st place. How old was your #1 when he started to realise you are the mummy and started to bond with u? I'm looking forward to that day when my bb could bond with me.

bonding with bb
last night i was carrying my crying bb, trying to calm her, and i told her how i felt, abt how i'm working so hard to earn money, how i feel i'm neglecting my mothering duties, how i hope you can feel how much i love her, how i wish she can bond with me. i just cried. and she continue crying... sigh...

bestberries
hugz to u
dun cry in front of ur cryin baby.. cos she will cry even more! cos they can feel it..
try to control ur emotion.. try to relax when u carry them... tat way they can calm down easier...
dun b sad oki... bbs know u love them.. bb will understand 1 day mama need to earn money for them to go to sch n shopping...
hugz hugz

bestberries don't be sad k? Your bb will understand one day the sacrifices you've made just so they can have a comfy life... Jia you!

Yan,
I agree... The NUK teats really v ma fan... like u, me also no choice got to use NUK coz of its latex teats... She dun like the Avent's teats... I bought a lot of Avent bottles during preggy... waste my $$$, now all change to NUK... Btw, did u use the normal bottle or the premium one? I'm starting to change to the Premium one but not the BPA free thou coz its too ex esp when i change it every 2 months... when Gen suck too hard, the teat also flatten and she couldnt get any milk out after that... i got to pull out the bottle to adjust it... think its the cons of using the latex teats...
btw, did u manage to buy the Organix white rice? I just went to Vitakids yesterday, they just change their packaging... Gen just finish 1 box of that (100g) within 4 days... and each box cost $4plus... siong... i'm starting her on Nestle brand tomolo... hope she dun reject it... but i saw the diff... Nestle's seems thicker, afraid she will find it difficult to suck out the thick mixture from her bottle... Rememebr to change the NUK teats to the large hole if you wanna let bb drink from the bottle... I've tried medium hole, she couldn't suck out the mixture at all...

Bell,
keke... my MIL & hubby keep saying i v wasteful by using bottles so frequently... but me v v particular about that tiny scratches in the bottle... I always inspect her bottles every week under the light to check for scratches... I dun change the entire set of bottles at one go... I usually replace one at a time due to scratches... but each bottle i buy different design (NUK have diff patterns on their bottles) so I know which one is the old & new ones...

bestberries,
Like u, I was a working mum too... Gen also not attached to me and prefer to be carried by her primary caregiver (my MIL)... Initially I feel sad when she refuses to be carried by me & hubby... but thinking back, we r working hard to provide the best for them and also to save up for their future (education)... I'm sure they'll understand in time to come... Right now, they would tend to be more attached to their caregiver... things will change when they start school... I'm v sure about that coz my mum took care of 3 cousins in the past... they yell and fuss when parents took them home on weekends, hug my mum's leg so tight that the daddy got to pull them away and drag them out of my house, v drama every fri night... but after they started schooling, they begin to be attached to their parents esp mother... So, dun feel sad about it k? try to think of the positive side so it's easier to stop your tears from rolling out... mummies who had go out with me b4 ever see how my girl cry when i carry her and stop when dad take over...
my hubby often told me not to panick or cry in front of bb as they would react by crying even harder... I did break down once when she was 5 days but i control my tears and only let off when she's not seeing it...

btw i am using the silicon teat thou.
and also if u wan minimise the scratches. u might wan to use a sponge bottle washer instead of the brush kind...

Blessed, bbethan, ohyeah
Haha, I was also just thinking the other day what a cool and interesting life I had (though not as happening as other mummies like HBB, FOZ etc) until bb came along... birdwatching, arthouse movies, dragonboat, scuba, live aboard, backpacking, trekking in Himalaya... Now my buddies borrowed my compact camera to go trekking in Nepal, another went backpacking to Spain, Japan, Korea with her sister instead of me.... Sigh...

Now just working mother... work liao go home and do housework or accompany baby.... Else come post on forum... Hahahaha

Back