(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

koko
sure we can meet! hehe...

kim
ya the mil do confinement for her
my gf now dun even hav the energy to pump milk
becos she no sleep for 2 weeks. jus now me and my gf gotto hold the bottle n press her breast massage for her ... she cant even talk or tink properly hw canshe prepare the red date sstuff herself? she gt eletrical pot at home.. somehow the mil jus simply say no more means no need drink!
and cos i need to go off n pick edna cos my bb sitter gf need to go meet client already... so i call edna's god ma to go over to take over me after she touch down fr hong kong. and she is 7 mth preggy ok!
and edna god ma bath my gf cos she gt no strength to bath!
i was soo scare anythg happen to edna god ma.. then the god pa will kill mi manz!

koko
yes i din drink much red date tea also cos too ehaty end up ic ant sleep! i feel better w jus plain water
i rem i drank 8 litres a day!!
her mil say cannot drink too much plain water. tsk
and she commented: nvr see ppl do confinement until like tat.
and she told my gf that she kenna bad spell.
wah lau ppl already hormonal imbalance n u tell her that! end up my gf keep telling us the room got ghost!!!!!! mayb that explains her nitemare lor
scream in her sleep u know
so scary

Frankly, I don't have praises for TMC either, and most likely try not to deliver there again if I have a choice. When the nurse/assistant rolled me out of the birthing room and to my ward, she was supposed to bring me 2 bottles of antibacterial wash for my wound which was prescribed by my gynae. And as first time mother, I got no clue I was supposed to wash my wound with that, and it did not struck me that when my gyane asked me about washing the wound it was with the anti-bacterial wash. In the end I had infection, but luckily it cleared up with steroid cream. Gynae was livid, demanded to know who tended me, dh and I got no name to give to the ward senior nurse, of cos we are unhappy, but track the blame also won't reach a conclusion, only an apology.

Kim,
I'm starting with the packet organic oats, worried this girl of mine can worsen her case of constipation if I anyhow screw with her diet. The brown rice probably introduce much later, my mum trying to hunt down the recipe for making the brown rice gruel (remember last time she made it for my baby cousin when I was like 7, I get to eat the leftovers, woah, delish! lol)

kim
yes i intend to grind my own brown rice also hehe... used to grind for myself also so can cook faster.. if cook for bb gotto grind even finer
and yes brown rice is heaty!!!
i will buy the herbs call 'si shen' fr medical hall and add into the brown rice n cook together
si shen helps promote better sleep =)

Yan, another incident about miscarriage, I ever mentioned here before that my gf's EDD was Jul12, just a day before mine. She already sign up with TMC, but when she had spotting, she went KKH, admitted, observed, I asked her to ask for Dhuphaston, and given to her, discharge. Next day, spotting increased, called KKH, nurse said to go back, she did, but by the time she arrived, she was already having cramps and bleeding profusely. She still was made to wait with the Q.. 2hrs later when the nurse clean her up, she told her there was no longer heart beat.
My other friend went IVF in KKH, bu the famous DocL. After the transfer, every one was packing up and here comes the embryologist running back tot the OT with the catheter.. her 2 precious embryos were still inside the catheter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I imagine if the embryologist was not careful, she would have wasted all the effort, time & money only to be disappointed. I also wonder if an untrained eye can spot the embryo being transferred, how come the famous DocL cannot leh?

sam
will organic oats hav problem swallowing? cos if i rem correctly oats that needs to b cook got this husk or sth that might make us cough or choke a little.. mayb u wan to try eating it urself 1st?
unless u talkin bout those instant oats then i tink its smoother

HBB: Think your gf is hvg a tough time... what's the husband doing??? Doesn't he help at all???? Your gf's condition seems serious...better keep watch of her & WARN HER HUSBAND about what things she can do if she is in serious condition of PNB.

kim
ehh did ur gf tell them that she is bleeding? weirdly enuff when i say i am bleeding (din say hw much) they let mi jump q and see the doc immediately at the 24 hour clinic (day time)
another time i was sick(tink breatheless of sth) they usher mi into the sick bay area to lie down n wait for doctor (thou it was a longer wait cos doc in OT) funnywhy no doc on standby at 24 hour clinic thou
so many doubts bout their SOP manz

Koko, ya, brown rice is heaty..

Sam, my CL's daughter delivered in KKH, not even given any blue solution until I have to give her my boy's (circumcision) since I have 2 spare bottles for my C-section..

koko
the hubby was on leave all the way till today went bk to work
but seems like he listen alot to him mum and soooo
when he kidn of told mi off rgd 'touching' his mum he said in the most uninviting tone: its onli my 1st day away fr home and so much thg happen!

HBB, using the instant ones first, instant one I can just don't bother with finishing it. Otherwise like breastmilk, go thru the trouble of preparing my own, if she waste for me, lol, I think I will be pek chek.

HBB, aiyo, I cant totally blame KKH too, cos as a mom-to-be, if any bleeding sure kan cheong and ask the recpt again and again right? I also dunno how come she din.. And I also dunno how come she can tahan the cramps..
Aiyo, such a non-standard SOPs also make me worried!

RE: Cord spirit
no, it's no longer practice. I checked with my doc at 3rd trimester cos I was preparing the items for bb's home coming, she said no longer this practice. KKH still practise this? Alcohol/ spirit is very harsh and drying de, many ppl I spoke to told me their hosp also dun give anymore.
Oh yes, my doc said bcos alcohol may cause skin allergy..

kim
1 thg i did 9mayb that y they attend to mi fast) was i giv a v sick face despite i am nto that sick
chao geng mah.. everyoen in SAF learns that hahaaaaaaa

Re: Brown Rice
Yes... brown rice is heaty... PD advised to introduce white rice first b4 slowly introduce brown rice...

Re: TMC
My experience at TMC was a v pleasant one.. Mrs Wong BB visited me several times when I was warded even though I'm not staying at those super expensive suite... I stayed in single bed only... Sam, the nurse is supposed to assist you when u urinate the first time after delivery... They supposed to teach u how to clean the wound after that... I'll still go back to TMC for my #2, provided my sister still working there thou... For popular dates, all the nurses will be tied down with elective C-sec and natural delivery.. for mine, TMC super busy on that day... I was lucky to have my sister attending to me 24/7, else I might also end up like Sam...

no kim kkh did not giv
but i rem tmc gave my sis last yr
tat y i ask u cos u mention kkh din giv some stuff to ur gf mah so i tryin to see is it diff hosp diff practice hehe

Ooohh....no wonder I'm having constipation again..hiazzzz...hheehee

HBB: u going to grind your own brown rice?? how much 'si sen' herb to put in????

RE
proud.gif
ld folks tales & superstitions
It really annoys me to see and hear how ignorant so many of these OLD WOMEN are..all these hearsays & superstitions are doing NOTHING GOOD to the new mother.

Poor girl!!! Will be praying for her....

koko for my own one i jus put in watever amt i wan but for bb i guess iwill consult the medical hall ppl thou no harm taking more
jus tat i wan her take more rice than the herbs lar hahaa else not enuff calories LOL

yea pls pray for my gf.. i hope she get well soon
she misses her bb... no one seem to bother whether she get to hug the bb anot
when i ask her to go carry her bb..touch her sayang her she looks happier... =)

It wasn't that the experience was unpleasant, and same was single-bedded. I guess just my luck, that it was a busy day, can see the nursery had a lot of babies on my floor, and I was earlier than my EDD by almost 2 weeks. I might go to Eastshore for the next one since it's incredibly close to my place, and dh don't have to worry about driving like a mad man thru PIE, ESH looks not too bad now that it's revamped.

HBB, I strongly suggest to take you gf to see doc for "happy pills". I am not kidding, cos after delivery, our hormone level dropped tremendously, and to cope with a new born, new role as a mom is already very tough, not to mention still have to battle the MIL.. My prayers with her too!

koko
i tink rice cereals 1st
then green peas/spinach and fruit like avocado mix intot he rice cereals
all tat tasteless stuff 1st heh heh

wa wa
so much horror stories abt KKH. i'm glad to say that throughout my pregnancy and delivery, everything went smooth sailing. the nurses who attended me were nice, the nurses/doc who attended owen when he was hospitalized for jaundice were nice, PD who gave owen the vaccines, PD at the 24hr emergency were nice too. hope everything stay tat way. ^^

kim
ya i ask her dh to take her to the gynae for assessement already(thou i tot the gynae is useless!cos is poke to him tis pm) but kkh suggested her to go bk to her own gynae 1st becos they dun hav her records
i was thinkin why the h^ll u need her preg records when we r dealin w the mental state?

bell
guess we gotta continue to tink KKh is NICE at the same time b aware of wat we want and so we knw hw to req for immediate attendance
sometimes its the mind that affect our opinion hehe

sis was afraid of bringing her boy to kkh when he was wheezign again last mth... cos he was hosp for broncitis at tmc in june
went thru many many jabs.. needle pokin n etc till he so scare of the nurses n doc at tmc. she was afaraid in kkh will b worse
weirdly.. nephew enjoy his stay thr better.. not so many funny(and failed) poking of arms n etc

HBB

agree with Kim tt she needs to seek help, cause her condition doesn't seem to be stable and in order to prevent it to become worse later on, seek medical help first..but what is KKH doing ah???

HBB, I totally agree with you girl!! Then the govt is puzzle how come having so much money spent to help women with PNB/PND that no many ppl come forth!!!
RE: herb for rice in bb's meal
I was told to incld cordyceps.

RE: BB's first food
What I learn is rice cereal into their milk, next step is pureed veg/fruit.

Kim,
haha, actually I got phobia about general hospitals, cos SIL tells me got cold spots, she's a pharma peddler hehe, and the nurses tells her lots of stories. Yeah, she did tell me that ESH not completely revamped yet. Till then, have to see what medical insurance/benefits my dh has, gotta cover a big part of the bill now that we've gone thru it once, though it might be also a case of where my gynae can deliver, (lol most likely gonna change my gynae, not that she's lousy, but I can't stand waiting 2hrs for my appt with Joie to look after)

tink i must teach u girls the secrets to 'chao geng-ness' the nxt time i meet u all hahahaaaaa
geng hw to get attend to 1st!!!! heh

Joanne: I saw it during the Isetan's sale. Its $100+ forgot exact amt already...was thinking of tt one till saw your msg on Philips blender.

Kim: cordycep for bb ok???

i am jus wondering
does it mean if u got tink of hurting the bb then it means ur PND is very serious? if u dun tink of hurting bb then its not serious?
cos teh stupid gynae ask gf tis and gf say no... din tink of it... and thus he told mi he dun tink it is serious (over the pone)

but excuse me
i gotto admit missy ME ever tot (and always last time)if my nottie princess is gone forever then i will b happier despite i love her loads (feel so guilty for tinkin so last time)
does it means i got serious PND?arghhh

thou aft tat i tell myself edna is my lil precious and i cant get rid of her jus like tat hahaa so i jus tahan her cries lor

Hmm...I think the gynae just "fu yan" you over the phone...

Shd really ask what he means by how serious is serious???? Is it when something happens to bb then its consider serious by then its too late liao..

ya lor
tat y i piss
btw he is my ex gynae
wo wans nuthg but $$
keep askin mi to go bk to scan.. make mi take tonnes of clomid.. scan n... clomid... and insist on operating on mi to chk wats wrong w mi.. lucky i run away fr his clutches heh heh...

HBB, no no, so long as the person feel depress and dun even want to look good (like friend's sister) is a depression sign too. by the time she want to harm the bb, it may already be too serious. I think should go see her OBGYN, and get her to refer if she cannot prescribe the happy pills. I also got emotional roller coaster, and it was my MIL that says I have to tell my doc, which I did, my doc dun hv the pills so she refer me to the psych.. I love my psych! But she says she doesnt wan to see me anymore.. hee heehee

RE: Cordyceps
I was told to, so should be ok right, except expensive lah.. But for this boy, I am willing to spend..

Oooohhhhh....what a doc! then advice yr gf don't go back liao..there r so many gd gynaes around and also so many not so gd ones lah...

Thank God you run fast.

kim
hmm she keep sayin she wan to groom herself cos she tink she looks terrible (mayb cos 2 weeks no bath n wash hair) tink din brush teeth aso.. today i make her brush teeth w warm water~~~~~

koko
funnythg is i got liek 5 to 6 friends who go to him.. all kenna CUT up for 1 reason or another... even for giving birth LOL
i freak out... my 6th sense told mi i might get cut up if i get preg n deliver by him so i run 1st.. when gf told mi she is gg to him... i told her wat happen to my oterh gfs... but she tot he is good.. and so i told myself gd luck to her... guess wat? she got c sect as well!

another gf go to him for infertility prob.. scan n check scan n chk for yrs... no see anythg special in thr... when she went bk to europe go to a new gynaae... saw a 5cm big fybroid!!! tsk

HBB, sorry, if the PNB lasted more than 3 mth is PND according to the Pregnancy for the Dummies. but for your gf's case, sound ver serious..

After delivery, I kept having fear that he will get hurt if I am not careful, lots of wild imagination too.. until I have to pray and pray and pray and pray.. I believe "Jesus" is a mighty name, call his name and all evil spirit will not dare come near!!!

RE: PND/PNB
Think self awareness is very impt during the post partum period. I was very sensitive and had mood swings on certain days and I din't realise till my hubby told me.

kim
oic.. i din knw gt duration... phew lucky my halloween celebrating is over aft 4 mths LOL
thou edna is still a fussy cow.. but at least i dun hv silly tots liaoz hehe

hbb: wahlao this gynae shd BE BLACKLISTED!!!!

kim: I'm like u...i also scare esp when bathing him tt I may let my bb slip out of my hand.

Back