(2009/06) June 2009 MTBs

ahnetsan,
i was thinking yday too not good to cut but hw to eat if dun cut?? haha maybe choose 1 strand turn like spag with fork to eat. then the rest cut? haha

Just back from MYS... haha, Ken was not pooing for the last 3 days .. then today he seems to POO all he his little tummy can hold... *phew*

Ah Ching: Maybe he's not tired enough? Before I go MYS, Ken will "once in a while" wake up middle of the night, practise standing and refuse to sleep for a few hours. But during our trip, guess he dun have a definitely place / time to sleep and eat, he gets very tired at night and sleep right after latching. When he wakes at night (still 3 times a night) he'll latch and fall back to sleep.

Hi dolly,
My son was very tired as he didnt take his naps in the daytime. The prob is the falling asleep part. It seems that he doesnt want to sleep.
I think my boy's sleeping pattern and nursing pattern quite similar to Ken..
He is still waking up 12, 2, 4, 6 to latch then fall back to sleep.
Anyway today he slept at his usual time. The difference is that today I carried him home instead of using the stroller. Maybe he is not used to stroller as we cant have eye contact..

He is still crying every morning when I leave him with the nanny, now is 6th week already!
I thought babies should cry less over time.. my boy is the opposite!

Ah ching: My boy opposite, today he's so excited when we were at the nanny's door! He's waving both his hands while waiting for the door to open! This is the first time he ever do that. I guess he sense that finally he's out of thoes strange places without proper bed (aka sarong) and meals.

hehe, maybe I'm the guilty one, when he wakes, I'm just so tired that I'll offer to latch him to sleep... anyway,he dun like to be cuddled to sleep
happy.gif

BTW, anyone heard about breat milk being BAD when baby is older? Some elders have been telling me that I should stop BF because milk is no good when baby is 6mth/12mths

dolly,
it's nonsense lor, i always hate those elders talking abt bfg...

anyway, bm has no more iron after 6mths, hence it's impt to introduce iron fortified cereals then... and WHO now says it's better and recommended to continue bfg until 1yr or so and shd be continued as long as both parties (mummy and baby) want. still haf the antibiotics wat.... and milk is still good lor... also, follow on fm is good too cos they got prebiotics and probiotics, dha, and iron and etc...

happened to read an article today, saying can introduce cow's milk, like full cream or whole fat? milk to bb after 1yr old...

yes cow milk can only b intro aft 1 year old.
supplement bm with cereal lah. or use stock instead of water to cook porridge also may give more iron?

Hi pai seh, i ve been reading this thread for very long. since 5mths pregnant. haha. been really helpful. jus wanna say thanks to all the mummies that ve shared so much info. sorry i nvr comment much cos my old computer is dino age always hang. now new lab top ho ho. can finally chat and share.

Btw my boy born on 26.6.09. now 9.5kg.
is he considered light?
kindly worried. cos he used to have no prob with food or milk till lately. suddenly mad mad dont wan anything.
hv checked no teething. he has 7 teeth now. so stressed bout this food thingy.
also he suddenly become clingy to me. so strange. anyone has same experience?

Aiyah dolly, BM is best for babies and toddlers
happy.gif
many of my relatives also ask me to stop bfg..
I think they just find it awkward to think of bfg. They keep asking me why I dont give him formula which is easier.

Personally I think bfg is so convenient. no need to use bottles and like u, I'm guilty of latching my son once he wakes in the night.
Lazy mummy lor.. it's so easy I no need to get up.
But I think 'terok' next time when we want to wean from bfg.

Tried introducing yoghurt, dairy stuff to my boy but he'll get redness around his mouth.
Now he is on goat's milk as my ebm supply not enuf for his cereal.
I wonder when he'll get past the stage where he can take cow's milk. As i think my bm not enuf calcium or vitamins for him as I'm not eating properly. Sigh.

dolly if my son wave happily and want to go to nanny I think I'll be very sad
sad.gif

Last week he kiss the nanny and I felt so horrible.. but it's good also he want nanny..
aiyah I'm so fickle.

<font color="cc3399"> dolly, what rubbish!
angry.gif
Tell them there's no way God created your body to produce milk that is bad for your baby!!! WHO says bf til 2 yrs. American Association of Pediatrics say 1 yr. Ask them which organisation would they like to represent pls? YOU GO GIRL!

Welcome, Carolle. I think your bub is a fine weight.. quite average so don't worry! Just enjoy him before he turns into a difficult-to-carry-for-long heavyweight!
happy.gif
And many books say that 12, 15, 18M are all possible peaks in separation anxiety - 12M and before as they become conscious that they are separate beings and are afraid to be away from you. 15-18M as they get more and more independent and venture out into the unknown... sometimes insecurity takes over and they get clingy esp when overwhelmed by the new world of discovery.

Don't stress about food as long as he's getting a balanced weekly diet... Kyle's been eating less since he hit 11M. (However, I suspect he's having a growth spurt at the moment - You will NOT believe how much he's been eating the last 2 days!!!!) As they get to 1yr, they start to eat like toddlers instead of gobbling like babies. Those who have small appetite babies, I don't know if the same rule applies though.

Kyle's Growth Spurt?
Kyle's usual meal portion is about 3/4 or an entire large jar of rice/pasta with meat and veg. It was a crazy night on Monday... he devoured TWO portions of jar-tofu-oats at 8pm. This was then followed by a small chinese soup bowl of prune yogurt with rice cereal. He cleaned out the whole bowl and was still opening mouth for more.

He proceeded to CLEAN OUT ANOTHER half small chinese soup bowl of mango rice pudding!
crazy.gif

I was pretty horrified by then and decided to stop. All this food into his not-so-little (but also not THAT big ma!!) tummy within 90min.

Yesterday he ate heaps again, although I spread it out during the day this time. I can only conclude it's a growth spurt. It's quite nice to have a toddler who enjoys food so much... but at some point, it DOES get scary.
uhoh.gif
Of those of my friends and acquaintances who have watched Kyle eat a full portion in one seating, 5 mummies and 2 non-mummies have commented that they can't believe how much he eats. Sheesh! Humph. I shall enjoy it while it lasts though.

Walking
A textbook baby, Kyle is FINALLY off after a fortnight of balancing while standing and a week of 1 and 2 steps. He's still not quick, my risk-averse fella. But at least I never have to worry about him taking a tumble. He's THAT cautious!! Silly boy. Time to get a proper pair of walking shoes. Sigh.
</font>

carolle,
I think the weight should be acceptable. Dont worry abt baby not accepting food.
I think it's a phase and baby will eat when they're hungry..

Try giving fruits or biscuits. My boy refused his porridge and only wanted baby biscuits for a period recently.

Abt baby being clingy.. I think our baby is reaching the stage where they start to feel seperation anxiety. We all go thru it at some pt of time.
Give him lots of cuddles and reassurance may be the best for now..

Carolle: Welcome! Yeah, I think your boy weight is fine too, it's about K's weight I guess
Dun worry about not eating, mine also same issue, nanny said he even puke when feed more than 1/2 the portion. So now she gave him half portion spaced out every 2 hour instead.

Ah ching... so you wan your baby to cry or to wave at nanny?!?!? so contradicting
happy.gif
hahaha... for me it's ok, he's equally happy when we go and bring him back :D
Yeah, so easy to breastfeed... dun need to bring milk powder or worry about hot water not clean...etc And my boob start to harden yesterday when Ken is w nanny. Maybe time to pump again, old stock starting to disappear.

Thanks all about the breastfeeding thingy, yeah, whoever tell me to stop are all older generation
happy.gif

deerdeer: my cousin only start to have teeth when she turns one... now she full growth adult liao
happy.gif

deerdeer: my gd friend's baby only starts growing first tooth at 14 months. but dat shdnt stop them from eating solid food. most sources said their gums quite hard. mayb eat more may stimulate tooth growing. i always tot human evolve with wat we do a lot. Like if we pump a lotta bm, our body will auto sense the nd to prod more, so wonder if it works for teeth growing. ha ha..

dolly: thanks for ur sug. will try to space out his meals more. i tried encouraging milk feed by changing brand of formula milk. it seems to work. hope effect last.

cassey: wow.. ur boy is an eating machine at the moment. i prayed for mine day to come. i m quite anal bout food. other stuff like tantrums or refusing to sleep i can tahan, but refusing to eat the food i prep, i will turn into monster..
ha ha ha... so he only puke when other ppl feed. when i feed n he wanna puke, i ll point at him and give the "dont u dare" look, n to my horror, he act swallow back the puke. wah ha ha.. yucks..

Hi Mummies, sorry to interrupt -

Anyone wants a single bed &amp; mattress - perfect for a guest bed. Lightly used, going for cheap to clear space for my beloved son. Two are available. Can also be joined for an extra big bed...

Condition: 9/10

Pls PM me for more details.

4031220.jpg

hi mummies,my boy refuse to eat porridge and rice but only like to eat bread/noodles/yogurt/biscuits...daytime i still BF,only night will give him 200ml milk..a bit worry ..can give me some advise?thankss...

hi Ah Ching (ah_ching),
yes it will drop.

When I preggie with Cayden, my EBM drop by half in less then 1weeks time.

ecmom,
for me, i pump half an hour only got 20 ml!!!
and my boy got habit of latching at night 2 hourly. I really in deep trouble now
sad.gif

Does your first born become very naughty, clingy and fussy when pregnant?
My boy is waking up every hour to latch.
Will cry, kick and scream if I dont let him latch.. and he got 6 teeth now ouch!

jessma,
actually noodles/ bread is carbohydrates already. so i guess he doesnt need to eat rice if he doesnt want to?
give him those bee hoon, kway teow not those yellow ones, maybe healthier? these also made from rice right?
i give my boy mee sua, laksa bee hoon, kway teow, hor fun but seldom yellow noodles.
spaghetti, pasta also quite healthy.

Hi jessma,
I give him mee sua cooked in chicken soup, vege and egg yolk.
Sometimes I lazy to cook then buy from the handmade noodles store
The laksa bee hoon is the thick bee hoon which I give him from beef noodles/fish soup when outside.
At home I will cook some stock and cook the bee hoon add vege meat etc..

Cassey, have not heard of ginger/garlic, but my friend has tried bitter gourd and it doesn't work.

hi bbpp, dun tink baby will have stomache if he takes the lemon juice, its only a very small amt as you're suppose to rub the lemon on ur boobs ya, not feed to ur baby.
Ya, might have to try a few times before baby gives up on the bfg.

Ah Ching - If you are pregnant, can you still nurse? read somewhere that it is not advisable to nurse when pregnant, cost it can trigger early delivery....

<font color="0000ff">Jess Ma >> suonds exactly like my boy...
sad.gif

i also lost for ideas of wat to feed him liao..

so far just put more peanut butter and butter on his bread so that he gets more calories/protein
sad.gif
</font>

Hi bbpp.. ya the nursing will cause the uterine to contract.. well see how it goes..
my boy die die must latch or he will cry and cry and kick and kick which is very tiring for me..

i still in shock cos did the test only yesterday.. 2-3 weeks only.

Eu Yan Sang Pure Pearl Powder $14.00

Actions: Calms the nerves, clears excess heat, and improves eyesight and complexion.

Indications: Traditionally used for relieving excess heat and settling the mind. It can also be applied externally for mild acne to promote clear complexion.

Key Ingredients: Margarita.

Very good for children when they are having fever.

Text me at 9061-3299 if anyone are interested.

with regards to pearl powder, pls be careful... some pearl powder has poisonous contents such as lead...
if your child has fever, pls go see a doctor instead...

Ah ching,
CONGRATS

Is like that de, I used to pump abt 1.2L a day but after I preggie, I can pump for 2-3hr only can get abt 600ml. was stress initially thot what happen coz dun know I’m preggy.

Think is time for you to stop BF. Is your boy taking formula? I don’t latch her since 4th mth coz she reject my boobs so no problem abt latching but we had hard time to wean her from EBM, my girl reject formula, she goes on milk strike for few days. We trying many formula end up she only want mamil gold.

My girl was ok, not especially sticky, and I have to stay away from her coz having bad bleeding and MS. She only get more sticky to me when didi was born. :p

ah ching, congrats. for some mums, they can continue bf thru out pregancy coz older sibling refuse to stop bf. but def gd if stop bf.

any mums still bf n gets backache? I strained my lower back carrying stroller n didn't occur to me until my colleague said tat coz I bf. got lax eating supplements n no more calcium pills. backache will come back when I lift/carry my kids or bending down. once I was squating to get aisha in diapers n my bones really like gave way n d pain jolted thru me n can't move at all! help....

hi mummies,
busy celebrating ur little ones' bdays?
happy.gif

ah ching,
congrats!! preggie again... going to see lawrence ang again? he will say ur hb power, cos so fast another liao.
happy.gif

styliciously,
my fren told dat kinda pain is due to epidural...nt sure if its true or not...

re: scotts fish oil
any mummy starting giving the scotts fish oil to ur little one yet? can we give alrdy ar?

seems like forum quite quiet ar...

Ah Ching, congrats! you might wanna take more nutrients now since you are now providing for 3
happy.gif

styliciously, then better take more calcium pills again. and drink more milk. i'm still taking calcium supplements and almost 1l of milk each day. there was once for 1 week i was at my mom's place and didn't bring the pill, can feel my bones back and hip bones creaking. ur body will use the calcium in ur bones if u didn't take enough.

deerdeer, my gal still has no teeth yet.

<font color="119911">Hi mummies,
i have got an extra set of zoophonics flash card to sell... anyone interested?? is brand new. selling at $20.00. pls pm me if interested. thanks
</font>

calcium
Ahhh ya i bought many forgotten to eat since i started working! thks for the reminder!

cod liver oil i think can tk already from 1 yr. i wanted to buy last wkend but end up saw seven sea multi vit w liver oil (written 6mth up)on promo at watson so i bought that. i bought 1 multi vit from oversea spree 1mth ago bad luck lost in mail $30 down the drain.. was happy that i bought it at half the price sold at GNC end up lost in post..

HI createjoy, ecmom, ahnet, styliciously, toffeecat
THANKS for the congrats
happy.gif

Ahnet, thinking of changing to other Doc.. didnt have a good experience with LA the last time but he is cheap leh.

i also got back ache. thought it is due to our baby getting heavier?
I dont take any vitamins or calcium pills. is it really useful and helps with the back pain?

RE: supplement for children
How to give them? is it pill form or syrup. My boy refuse to take any medicine.
Spit out or vomit out or flung away the last time I gave him med

Ah ching
my supplement is liquid. he v good boy so spoon feed is ok. somemore it's orange flavour with real orange juice.. if not can use syringe or put into bottle. there is also a pacifier to dispense medi also can use that. u shd tk supplem esp during preg n BF cos ur calcium go to bb n milk! next time old already very easily get osteoposis ( sorry dont know hw to spell)

Hi All mommies

Sorry to disrupt,im 2009 mummy, have a few brandnew items to let go
Interested mummies pls do contact me at [email protected] or hp 82884133
Thankyou

<font color="ff0000">Item1:</font>
BrandNew Philips Newborn Starter Set[Price$36,Original Price:$45.90]

Contains 2 feeding bottles (260ml/9oz) with newborn teats(No2) ; 2 feeding bottles (125ml/4oz) with newborn teats(No1); 2 newborn teats(No1); 1 Newborn soother and 1 Bottle brush (altogether 8 pcs)

<font color="ff0000">Item2:</font>
Munchkin Drying Rack[Price:$10, Original Price:$15]

<font color="ff0000">Item3:</font>
Cradler gotten from Taka BabyFair
[Price:$15,Original Price:$21.90]
[PriceTag intact]

<font color="ff0000">Item4: </font>
MyBreast@Friends from MotherCare[100% BrandNew]
[Price: $70, Original Price$81.90 ]
[PriceTag intact]

<font color="ff0000">Item5:</font>
Montaly GiftSet_100% Cotton
[Price:$15,Original: Unknown]
Consist of 2 bodysuits,1 pair of Mitten &amp; booties &amp; 1 cap

<font color="ff0000">Item 6:</font>
Chateau De Sable Gift Set
[Price:$40,Original $77]

<font color="ff0000">Item7:</font>
Disney 100% Original Gift Set_100% Cotton
Price:$18
4050298.jpg
4050299.jpg
4050300.jpg
4050301.jpg
4050302.jpg
4050303.jpg
4050304.jpg

ahnetsan,
dunt think its epidural for me coz I nv had epidural for my deliveries.

toffeecat,
i total forgot abt calcium. Must increase my intake. will get some calcium pills hopefully by the week end. 1lr of milk is alot. I can down that much too tough but my mum kept telling me calcium sources like dairy will use up ur own calcium first so better to take calcium sources from greeny veg. I've heard of this from her a few times already, dunno if true.

Cod liver oil:
be fore warned that it is no so nice to take, be it emulsion form (scotts) or in those high grade form (childlife i think). emulsion is quite thick while the high grade type like childlife is like an oily liquid. both will have an aftertaste. I have tried on both my kids and they will scream and struggle. I ususuly use syringe to give them but emulsion better to drink from tiny medicine cup.
the scotts one think recommended after 1 but the childlife one from 6mths onwards.

Back